April 20, 2014 | 1692 users online

Pressed Powders - Clinique - Stay-Matte Sheer Pressed Powder

rated 3 of 5 on 5/6/2007 5:21:00 PM More reviews by KDCook

Another Clinique winner. I just recently switched to this from the double powder, and this offers a nice finish (not chalky or too dry) but also controls my oil very very well. I always end up looking like an oil slick by 3 pm but with this powder I just touch up if I need to and keep moving. The color selection is perfect as well.

EDIT**This compact broke pretty soon after I bought it, which normally does not happen w/ Clinique! I use it as a blotting powder now, and still love the oil control but find that I need more coverage on some days than this can offer.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2007 1:15:00 PM More reviews by RainWhenIDie

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

LOVE it! I have been using this powder for 16 years!!!!!! HG for me! I can see how if you have very very oily skin, this may not work as well for you. I have normal skin and this leaves my face flawless and even a bit dewy looking although it is a "matte" powder. Pores are invisible with this stuff...amazing powder.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/5/2007 5:20:00 PM More reviews by ais4alison

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is my HG powder. I have used it on and off for 10 years, but always come back to it after having some horrible experience with another brand. It's very natural, smooth and doesn't break me out and I am VERY prone to break outs. I don't like a lot of coverage, I suffer from mild acne and have some red marks on my face, but I still don't like anything heavy or mask-like, because I prefer just an evened out, natural look. I typically wear a tinted moisturizer or light foundation underneath this powder and the powder sets everything and keeps me matte. I do have an oily t-zone and in warmer months I might need to blot, but that's rare, I usually just look "dewy."

rated 4 of 5 on 4/4/2007 7:45:00 PM More reviews by MoMoLoco

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I am obssesed with pressed powder !!! I have ridiculously oily skin soo obviously pressed powder is a must ! I have tried every single powder, loose powder and poweder foundation there is, and theres always some drawback, setttles in line, doesnt control oil, turns too dark or whatever. Soo far this is the best powder i've used it doesnt settle into lines, last ALL day, controls oil and has the cutest compact. My skin looks nice and even and smooth love it !!! I tried this before they released their new shades (I used the stay brandy) and I didnt like it because of the bad color matches. But I picked this up in stay nutmeg and I love it !!! My makeup doesnt look heavy or gross even after my 8.5 hour work day. This is going to be the only powder I will use unless something better comes along which I doubt will.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2007 2:30:00 AM More reviews by daphne_76

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have worn this product in Stay Buff for ten years, and it is my HG powder. It is a bit expensive for my preference, but I have not been able to find a drugstore product to compare with this one. I usually wait until GWP time to buy a replacement. The color perfectly matches my skin, and it works well to set concealer and tone down any oiliness. For reference, I have pale cool-toned combination skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2007 11:18:00 AM More reviews by sfbond

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this product looking for a powder that would provide the lightest amount of color but absorb the oil on my face. Most powders are way to heavy for my already oily face. I love this stuff. I use 10 Stay Amber and it gives me even color, feels very light on the face, absorbs the oil for hours and does not change colors. One of the best pressed powders I've tried in years. I also use this to set my concealer and my face is perfect!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2007 9:28:00 PM More reviews by tetrakis

Love this no frills powder. Nice shades, has a little bit of coverage, which is nice over my TM. Really makes my skin appear baby smooth (it is smooth, but even smoother with this one). In fact, the effect is so dramatic that the women at work gossip about how smooth my skin is and ask me what products I use. It's the Clinique Almost Make-up and this powder that create that effect. Doesn't irritate my rosacea. Does a decent job of keeping my skin matte. I usually have to blot and touch up the t-zone during the summer, but that's to be expected with most products =). I always buy this..is my HG.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/25/2007 11:33:00 AM More reviews by canterburytale

I like this product enough to buy it again. The color options are nice and I found one that matches me really well. I'm NC35-NC40 and I use stay golden in this. It keeps the shine at bay fairly well (I don't usually touch up during the day with powder) and it has never turned orange on me. I use this to set my concealer and all over my face. This one is on the less expensive side for a department store powder and works just as well if not better than others. I'll keep using this until I find a pressed powder that wows my socks off.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/15/2007 4:05:00 PM More reviews by lpowers

I have oily in t-zones and fair skin. Color 02 Stay Neutral turned darker as time went on and does not control oil adequately.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2007 10:08:00 AM More reviews by lirontocker

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I have very oily skin, and powder has a tendancy to "move around" my face during the day and settle looking muddy and cakey by 3pm. I don't have this problem with Clinique's "stay matte" powder. I'm extremely happy with this product - it keeps me shine-free for a few hours, great color match (02 Stay Neutral), doesn't look at all fake and evens out my skintone very well. I normally wear this over a bare face, but it works well for me over foundation as well. One of my favorite things about this product is that it holds up well against the elements. This being the snowy/rainy season, this powder doesn't just "blow away" or "drip away" - it stays on my face when I need it to. 5 lippies and a repurchase for Clinique.