August 21, 2014 | 1846 users online

Liquid - Shiseido - Sun Protection Liquid Foundation SPF 42 PA+++ [DISCONTINUED & REFORMULATED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2009 9:22:00 AM More reviews by plavusa

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am in love with this foundation. I have combination skin, oily in T-zone and this is the first foundation that keeps my shine under controle. I tried many foundations ( Mac studio fix fluid, CD Forever, Lancome maquimate, teint idole, Helena rubinstein-spectacular,Chanel-mat lumiere, Sisley and many more) but this is far the best foundation. When I go to weddings I put it on and it looks great. You have to shade Your face and cheeks with bronzer or blush and You will not look like ghost on pictures.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2009 12:14:00 AM More reviews by PurpleModel

WOW am i impressed.. I got this a week ago. I did not know there was an spf foundation with such a high spf!!! I was actually looking for a sunscreen at sephora and macys. and was debating between 3 sunscreens, one of them being trhe regular ultimate protection 55 from shisheido. However, i found out there is a foundation from this same line. Weird, i initially thought. Who would buy this if they have a regular foundation line already? I opened the tester bottle and poured a dab out. Gross, i saw 2 layers of color, like oil and water. However, after learning more about it from the lady at the counter, I shook up the bottle and learned it was full coverage and more for those who work or are out in the sun all the time.. She did not recommend it to me, but I assured her that I wanted the protection even if I was not out in the sun alot. I was iffy at first, but she told me to jsut try it out, and bring it back if I did nto like it. I am an nc35 in mac, and i tried on sp20, 30, 40. I decided on 40.. Then i came back and debated on sp50. I read on MUA that nc30's are good with sp50, and sp60 is good for nc 35ish-.. I came back to another macys and tried on both, one on each side of my face. The girl said sp50 was better bc it gives me room if i tan in the summer, but I did not know. I stuck with sp40 because it made my skin look brighter. It really depends what look you are going for. sp 50 is good, both blend in wiht my neck. I wanted to go for the lighter look for now. so stuck with sp40. It stays on ALL day and you get sun protection and it is FULL coverage. WOW amazing. It's like an all in one. It stayed on me in the hot sun for at least 12 hours. I Love this stuff. HG material! I think I found my HG! I've tried over 12 foundations these past 4 months: MUFE HD, DIORSKIN NUDE hydrating, MAC, EL Double wear, El double wear light, El lucidity, Lancome , Clinique superfit, clinique even better, REvlon colorstay, cargo, tarte recreate, .... etc.. u get the point, a lot of them got sent back, bc i been on the search for my HG. Some were okay, clinique didnt stay on long, mac made me break out, dior did nto cover enough.. etc.. So in the running are: Estee lauder lucidity, tarte ( bc of all the " benefits in one", shisheido and revlon! ( revlon is just a cheap all day long substitute. Shisheido is either no 1 or 2!!! yayyyyyyyyyyyyy BEST CREATION EVER. I will continue buying sp 40 and maybe next time sp 50!!!!! LOVE IT. hope they never stop making it!!!!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/25/2009 9:05:00 PM More reviews by marticica888

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love shiseido's eye products, but this stuff is awful. The color selection is horrible, all the shades are sooooo orange. When i went to get mached after reading the reviews here, the SA put i think either 50 or 60 on me, and told me where i need more coverage to 'pack on the foundation'!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i mean seriously!!! what are concealers for then?!?!?! After seeing the color of the foundation on my skin (orange) i told her its a little too warm (orange) for my liking and asked if she had a neutral/yellow powder to set it with, and she said "you dont wanna go too yellow, because you are not yellow." to cut the story short, by the time i walked out of there it looked like my face didnt belong to the rest of me. clearly you could see the contrast between the olive of my neck and the orange of my face.
    i really wanted to love this and give it a try since it would cut down a step in my routine.. :(
    it might work for some people but olive girls if you wanna look like a fresh tangerine.. hahaha ok ill stop. i guess it depends what undertones you have. always go and get matched, dont order this online.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2009 2:03:00 AM More reviews by narita23

I'm NC25-30 and got this one in SP50. It matches my skin tone. I like it for its very decent SPF and coverage. Well it doesn't cover my freckles completely but I like to have a natural finish anyway. Saves my time in the morning as it is 2 in 1 product. The sponge that it comes with is terrible. It soaks up the product like a ..um... sponge. LOL.. My fingers work really well. Also I wouldn't recommend it to people with dry skin as it will make dry patches more noticeable. Other than that it is an another good product from Shiseido.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2009 6:38:00 PM More reviews by AbigailE

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I genuinely like EDIT: LOVE this foundation. I bought it in my current quest for my HG foundation. It's very durable, which I love. As far as I can tell, it's waterproof, sneezeproof, and doesn't get all over my boyfriend's white tee shirt when I hug him. So that's a plus. The only thing is... I don't think I like it just on its own. I set it with MAC Studio Fix powder over it for more of a full coverage. So I would say that the coverage is anywhere from medium to medium-high (website says full coverage? But I don't think so), depending on application method. I have used the MAC 190 and SK blue peep. I kinda dig the peep for this. I don't have perfect skin, that may be the issue. But if I had perfect skin, I wouldn't need foundation right? One of the things I LOVE about this foundation is that they make it in a shade that matches me! Rare. All of Clinique's foundations are too dark for me. So, over I hopped to Shiseido. Sp10 is perfection for me. And the SPF is wonderful because I am freckly enough! I have a feeling I will love this more in the summer...

EDIT: changed this to 5 stars because I am in love with this.. Finally mastered the technique of applying it and it looks airbrushed-amazing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2009 10:18:00 PM More reviews by oneofmylies99

This is my special occasion foundation - for when I want to impress and blow people's minds with my flawless skin :P

I have decent-looking skin to begin with though it is sensitive, combination and acne prone. My everyday foundation is Stila IPF - a sheer-light powder foundation. I consider this Shisedo foundation to be full coverage. The finish is not quite fully matte but not dewy either. On me, when I first apply it, it looks good but once it has warmed into skin after 15-20 minutes the result is a flawless soft-focus effect. Covers everything yet remains very natural looking. I get so many compliments on my skin when I wear this. It is water-proof, sweat-proof and transfer-proof. This doesn't feel as heavy as some other full coverage foundations but I can definitely still feel it on. I detest applying liquid foundations and I have to wash very thoroughly (oil cleansers) several times to completely remove this - the reason why I don't wear this everyday. I'm pretty lazy. Though I understand it has to be like this in order for it to be water-proof, sweat-proof, etc. Because I don't wear it often it's the designated secret weapon in my beauty arsenal - it's nice to have for that purpose. I don't breakout with this as long as I completely remove all traces of it. I don't apply this with the sponge provided (total product waster and ineffective), I like to use a foundation brush or the Sonia Kashuk blue peep, heck even my fingers are better than the sponge Shiseido provides. The SPF is awesome and since physical sunscreens are used, my sensitive skin tolerates it.

Color selection with this utterly sucks but I guess these were the only colors they could make with this formulation. Otherwise, I don't see why Shiseido wouldn't offer more colors as it's as close to perfection as you can get. Definitely head on over to the Shiseido counter and cross your fingers you have a color match. This is just under $34 and totally worth it.

I'm not even knocking off a lipstick for the poor color selection be cause the product itself is just too great.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2009 12:52:00 AM More reviews by allifiend

I bought this foundation recently and have word in three times so far. It can be tricky to find - Sephora does not stock it, even though they have the stick and powder foundations from the Sun Protection line, and Macy's (at least the one I visited in Boston) doesn't carry all the shades.

I have been looking for a foundation with a high SPF & UVA protection that wears all day, matches my skin tone, and doesn't break me out. So far, so good.

The sun protection of this foundation is excellent. Because it can go on a little dry, I have been applying a separate sunscreen, on dry areas on my face beforehand - you could also use a moisturizer or a primer. If you have dry skin you should prep, but this foundation doesn't go on excessively dry.

I was concerned about the color match after reading some of the other reviews. I bough SP-10, the lightest shade. I have fair skin (MUFE 115) with some acne scarring. SP-10 matches acceptably. It is probably a touch too yellow, especially by the end of the day when it has oxidized, but it's really not bad. The coverage is really nice - it doesn't completely obscure your skin, and gives a very attractive soft matte finish. It sets rather quickly as you apply it, so it's best to go section by section. Even though the finish is matte, it seemed to lessen the appearance of fine lines - definitely a plus.

As for break outs, it may be too soon to say, but I've had no problems as yet. The foundation feels light and "dry" to wear, not clammy, greasy or tight like some of the foundations that have broken me out in the past (I'm looking at you, L'Oreal Infallible and Almay Line Smoothing MU).

Overall I am very happy with this foundation (HG? we'll see...). It's a challenge to find a foundation with sunscreen that doesn't ruin acne-prone skin; this one looks like a winner. A final note about the price - $32 is not cheap, but it is within the range for this quality, and in the long term it will be worth it for the greater sun protection.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2009 12:11:00 AM More reviews by anniemcleod

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This could very well end up as my summer HG foundation. LOVE the even coverage, color, packaging, long-lasting wear, high SPF42 (can leave out applying sunblock) and quick and easy application. To me this is like Clarins UV Plus SPF40 (a favorite of mine) with some foundation thrown in - similar consistancy and packaging. The finish is matt but not a dry/aging matt - there is still a certain amount of dewiness and for me a little powder on my t-zone is still needed. I do have trouble finding foundation light enough in color but the SP30, the lightest warm color worked perfectly on my cool toned skin and toned down the pinkiness. The SP20 and SP10 were the lightest cool colors but too pink. Wish I had discovered this years ago.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/15/2009 11:14:00 PM More reviews by skgpqls5

It provides shocking coverage for a foundation with sunscreen. It goes on very light and smooth; however, it broke me out. I have a sensitive-dry skin and after the day I used it, I got a few bumps. So I returned it right back. The price is pretty harsh for a small bottle.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2009 10:47:00 PM More reviews by nsarova

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Yep, this is HG right here, finally!!! It lasts all day, no matter what in the hell I'm doing, sweating, being an oil slick or doing any intense activity, it just keeps on going! It may not look as good as first applied but its still on and keeping red acne scars all covered up. I'm realllllly oily and it still makes me mad, but this foundation doesn't melt off even after a hardcore workout. I do have to frequently blot though, just like with other foundations but the advantage of this foundation is that when I blot, the foundation isen't blotted away, its still on no matter how much I blot throughout the day. Yeaaa! Love the coverage as well, its full coverage with one layer, covers scars really well. There is a heavy fragrance to this though, not a bad smell but still a bit odd that its there. Love that its high spf, no need to layer more crud on my face. No breakouts either! Sometimes I have some dry spots on my face, yet when I put this foundation on without moisturizer, it doesn't accentuate any of those spots. The first time I wore this I put loads of moisturizer on because I though it would show dry spots but that was a mistake, I was a complete oil slick that day. No need for moisturizer if your oily, jaaaa! I actually thought their color selection is pretty good, but I'm fair-medium and yellow toned and 50 worked out great but so did 40 and 60. Not a good selection for dark skinned women. I use jojoba oil to get this off, takes every trace of it off no matter how sad I am to see it go. Anyway this is HG and I am ending the search here and now.