October 25, 2014 | 1896 users online

Liquid - Almay - Clear Complexion Blemish Healing Makeup

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 4/25/2011 1:20:00 PM More reviews by Melmode

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I recently bought this product with hopes that the 0.6% of salicylic acid and its formula for oily skin, would give my face flawless and pimple-less coverage. I must say that I am truly satisfied.
I first tried this foundation on with a stipple brush and used a light dusting of Maybelline Dream Matte Powder over top as a finishing powder. My face stayed shine-free for hours! The next day I had no breakouts at all. Another great thing about this foundation is that its very transfer resistant, i must say it beats out Maybelline's Superstay, yet its a lot easier to remove.
I gave this foundation an overall rating of 4/5 because the foundation doesn't have any SPF in it at all, I usually like foundations with SPF in them. However this is understandable, as sunscreen can be worn under makeup.
This foundation cost about $13 CAD at Wal-Mart, and I would day that's about the right price for a good drugstore foundation.
The packaging quality could be a little better, like most drugstore foundations it lacks a pump. The easiest way to use this foundation is by pouring a small amount on to the back of your hand and taking it from there. The consistency of the foundation in the bottle is a little thick (thinner than SuperStay), but feels very light on the face. The coverage is buildable but can get heavy easily, so always remember a little goes a long way...it really does with this foundation in particular. I find i am using 1/4 to 1/2 of a dime sized amount and that covers my entire face perfectly. This foundation can double as a concealer, all you need to do is add a little more makeup to the places you need more coverage.
Another plus for this foundation is that it contains many natural ingredients that help to nourish your skin, without causing irritation and harm that harsh chemicals do.
Obviously, i love this foundation with a passion and will not hesitate to re-purchase in the future.

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/22/2011 8:56:00 AM More reviews by shadesofsanity

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

Pros -
* Feels nice on your skin, not like you have a mask on
* has buildable coverage, which is great if I'm having a bad-breakout day
* It's resilient! I had a terrible day and ended up crying for quite some time, and expected to see a mess when I looked in the mirror, but the foundation hadn't budged.
* Is relatively easy to touch up throughout the day
* easy to blend

Cons -
* The packaging, ugh.
* The lightest color is still a bit too dark on me (I'm sadly kind of used to that)
* With or without primer this settles into my smile lines pretty quickly
* Doesn't necessarily clear my breakouts (but doesn't seem to aggravate them either)
* A bit pricey

all in all it's not my absolute favorite foundation but it's definitely one that has worked better than most others for me

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2011 5:12:00 AM More reviews by PrincessEmzor

I have repurchased this product about five times now. I absolutely love it. It goes on smooth, not thick. It doesn't make my skin break out, and it not only hides any blemishes, but they don't hang around as long as they used to before I started using it. It is great all year round, not like other foundations I have tried that I have had to give up in the summertime or vice-versa. I like how you can build it up so that it looks both natural and flawless.
I have used it when doing friends makeup for weddings and balls too, and I have found it looks great on other skin types too such as my best friend's oily skin and my sisters very dry skin.
To get the most flawless finish, I use with a finishing powder, at the moment I am using Almay's Wake Up Mineral Powder.
The packaging is horrible, like everyone else has said. To get around this I put it into a different bottle, one with a pump!!! They really should redesign the bottle at some point!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/31/2011 1:42:00 AM More reviews by glanda

Honestly, I like this product. Good coverage and didn't break me out. But the package is really really poor. Every time I used it, I would waste lots of it. When I pour it out, sometimes it easily to spread out, or didn't come out at all. Strongly suggest the company to change the package.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/29/2011 11:52:00 PM More reviews by FoxyConnie

Packagin sucks...should have come in a tube or a pump...anyways at first I thought ok this is a decent foundation and hopefully it will help my sensitive oily acne skin.... And yet I havnt been breaking out until I realize I dnt have acne breakouts, but now I got tiny little bumps and when you apply foundation you see bumps. Its disgusting.I will not repurchase. Srry.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2011 12:42:00 PM More reviews by hairgal

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Perfect color in BUFF for fair neutral skin. No irritation with this product. It seems to be as good as any expensive department store liquid foundation if you want very sheer coverage and no breakouts. Packaging should come in a tube instead of a glass wide-mouthed bottle, though.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/24/2011 1:09:00 AM More reviews by Djadzia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is one of my favorite drugstore foundations. It has medium coverage and good color choices, including ones with yellow tones, and in small amounts, looks natural and is breathable. It can double up to conceal small blemishes, but I wouldn't recommend building it on the face, as it will start to look cakey. Also, moisturizing and priming is ESSENTIAL to making this stuff look good. Otherwise, it will accentuate dry spots and pores.

The best part of this stuff is the abililty it has to help and clear and prevent breakouts. If you have problems with foundation breaking you out, this stuff is for you!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/16/2011 7:50:00 AM More reviews by em1992

great foundation good medium coverage .
the only down side is i made the mistake of buying it without properly trying it on . I bought the darkest shade thinking it would be suitable only to apply it to be way to light for me .. i have worn it out during a night ou ( bronzer over the top ) and after removing it found my pores wernt as block as they usualy are ..

rated 4 of 5 on 3/12/2011 11:34:00 AM More reviews by jexxica269

I have been using this product for years. I love it. It matches perfectly (Buff). I am kind of pale with yellow undertones and this foundation never looks pink. I apply it with my fingers, which works well, then I set it with any powder. It stays on but can be a little drying for combination skin. And it can be a little expesive (I've seen it for close to $13).

Overall, I love the foundation.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/10/2011 2:37:00 PM More reviews by ep27

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

PROS:
*Feels light & breathable (compared to Revlon Colorstay)
*Buildable coverage
*Easy to wash off with cleanser then witch hazel

CONS:
*Concerned about putting salicylic acid around my eyes
*Inadequate coverage (for me)
*Too drying
*Accentuates peelies/flakies from healing pimples

This may work better for those with really oily skin but don't count on heavy coverage.