December 18, 2014 | 1620 users online

Moisturizers - MAC - Strobe Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2009 4:58:00 PM More reviews by Lysette143

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love to use this with my MUFE HD foundation I also have the strobe liquid which is just as amazing as the cream the only difference to me is that the liquid seems to have more opalescent, iridescent, and luminous colour to it if that makes any sense. Any who this is what I do with the strobe cream it looks really good on cheek bones but mixed with your foundation. So I apply my foundation first brush or with my fingertips then i mix a little strobe with my foundation on the top of my hand and gently pat it on using my fingertips or a sponge where I need a highlight or whatever you're comfortable with. This is a very light moisturizer with the pigment that I described above but I like to use it as a highlight hope this helps! =O)

rated 3 of 5 on 5/6/2009 4:21:00 PM More reviews by winkcat

Under or mixed with foundation this works for me. Over foundation, it highlights every pore and imperfection. Also why is the lid curved - it won't stand on end!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/4/2009 12:47:00 PM More reviews by misscolette

Does the job, but this is too expensive for what it is! Makes me glow- looks fab under foundation, but you can find similar products at the drugstores that do the same effect. Revlon skinlights were awesome; im so sad they are gone!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/4/2009 12:40:00 PM More reviews by afterglow_ladydust

For a person with acne-prone skin, like me, this is not the best choice. I can't see any difference when I wear it alone, as a moisturiser and although I have to admit it is a great primer and the makeup glides easily, it always breaks me out. I mean, there are other common moisturizers suitable for combination skins, that work great too.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2009 6:54:00 PM More reviews by Discoball

Strobe Cream=Yummy! It is one of my favorite products of all time!!! It is universal in color, age, & body part! It looks amazing in photos on the shoulders and decolletage & as as a facial highlighter! Many Mac products have broken me out & this doesn't! I LOVE LOVE LOVE STROBE CREAM! xoxo!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2009 8:33:00 AM More reviews by ianastar

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I gave this all medium reviews because I only see a certain need for this. I like to use it to sheer down foundations, or to add highlight on the skin.

When mixed with foundations it makes them have less coverage, and a sheer dewy finish.

Strobe Cream is actually a moisturizer, where as Strobe Liquid (a lighter weight texture of Strobe Cream) as no moisturizing capablities

rated 3 of 5 on 4/12/2009 1:04:00 PM More reviews by BunnyTimesThree

I love how this product looks on people. It gives a pinkish opal-like reflect on the skin, and when worn under makeup makes it look like an inner glow shining through.

However, I can't stand it. It makes me feel oily (I have normal to sometimes oily skin) and this makes me feel like I look wet. Also, I have tried to love it and wear it on numerous occasions and I always end up with huge disgusting pimples the next day. It does not agree with me at all. It is also a heavy moisturizer, so it is not meant for those with extremely oily skin, and is more geared toward the normal or drier sides.

It does look gorgeous on alot of people, but beware that it is a moisturizer that contains 'stuff' to give it that glowy look.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/12/2009 8:49:00 AM More reviews by fleur

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Hazel

A nice, thick consistancy that leaves my skin with a slight glow. I use it under foundation and as a subtle highlighter on ceekbones/brow. The packaging is not great as i think the plastic is too thick to have a squeeze tube really, but good quality as usual with mac. Nice product, nothing extraordinary - you could probably get this look by mixing a drop of Benefit Highbeam with your regular moisturiser...

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2009 10:33:00 PM More reviews by niclyf

One of the few MAC Face products I can get on board with! I was nervous about trying this product, because MAC foundations typically do nothing more than clog my pores, but there seemed to be so much love for Strobe cream that curiousity got the better of me, and I caved. Well .. I'm *glad* I did! I absolutely LOVE MAC strobe cream! I can't quite pinpoint the magic in this stuff .. but it's a little bit of heaven in a squeeze tube! A smidge of this mixed with my foundation just makes my skin glow in a non-disco ball kind of way. I don't know if it makes me look more awake, or if it just camoflouges my skin's imperfections .. but it's amazingly beautiful on! It gives my skin a more youthful/rested look which on some days, is precisely what I need. I haven't broken out from this at all, but that could be due to the fact that I don't use it daily. I love my Strobe Cream days though! I'll definitely always have a tube of this goodness in my medicine cabinet!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2009 2:49:00 PM More reviews by HarajukuBarbie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Strobe cream is great for sheering down studio fix fluid, it adds moisture and a sheen to the skin but isn't greasy or OTT.
I use it as a base for eyeshadows- a highlighter and everyday mixed with SFF. I love the smoothness and how easy it it to apply, its one of my make-up staples