MAC Strobe Cream

Spring Water (Aqua), Cyclomethicone, Butylene Glycol, Cetyl Ricinoleate, Dimethicone, Glyceryl Distearate, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Cholesterol, Jojoba Esters, Steareth-10, Cetyl Esters, Cetyl Alcohol, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Extract, Saxifraga Sarmentosa Extract, Morus Nigra (Mulberry) Root Extract, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Extract, Whey Protein (Lactis Proteinum), Panthenol-Pro-Vitamin B5, Cyanocobalamin Vitamin B12, Tocopheryl Acetate, 7-Dehydrocholesterol Pro-Vitamin D3, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Ceramide 2, Scutellaria Baicalensis Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Pyrus Malus Extract, Lactic Acid, Sucrose, Linoleic Acid, Xanthan Gum, Polyacrylamide, Laureth-7, Glycerin, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Sodium Sulfite, Fragrance (Parfum), Sodium Citrate, Sodium Metabisulfite, Citric Acid, Propylene Glycol, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Red 4

on 12/14/2009 4:24:00 PM

I love strobe cream and I've now been using it for the past couple of years. It's my number one natural looking highlighter for my cheeks and brow bone (I also use it under foundation, or on its own). It's ideal when you like tired (read hungover!) or your skin looks dull. I also use it on my legs and arms mixed with a little mosturiser - it gives a really healthy looking sheen.

on 12/1/2009 6:58:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

This product is expensive and the hard plastic tube is not the best packaging, but I love this enough to overlook these flaws. Sometimes it is the little things that we add to our makeup routine that make all the difference. I have normal to dry skin that turns super dry in the wintertime. I tend to get rough, flaky patches on my cheeks and forehead, which my regular face lotion cannot alleviate. So I use MAC Strobe Cream. I originally bought it to use a highlighter because after rubbing some of the tester on my arm at the MAC counter, I noticed that it gave me a very natural and healthy-looking sheen. If I want to use this as a moisturizer, I apply it over my face lotion. It actually hydrates the dry patches and makes my skin look so much better. If I want to use it as a highlighter, I gently smooth on a thin layer on top of my foundation over my cheekbones, under the brows, and down the bridge of my nose. Like I said before, I get a lovely natural-looking glow. I also like using this stuff on my shoulders, arms, and legs because the pearly sheen is actually buildable. It looks very glamorous and pretty if you apply liberally on the areas you want to draw attention to. There is no obvious shimmer at all, only a faintly glistening pearl highlight. However, I only do this on special occasions since the tube contains only 1.7 FL OZ (50 ML). Plus, I have no idea how I can get the rest of the product out once I use up more than half of it. EDIT: I also love mixing this with my foundation! I use a lot of long-lasting and highly pigmented liquid foundation like the Maybelline Superstay and the Revlon Colorstay. Strobe Cream is great for sheering out the coverage and making the foundation easier to blend. My skin looks smooth and dewy! I can't live without this!!

on 11/25/2009 4:28:00 PM

I love MAC's strobe cream! I bought it on a whim at CCO (I always buy of stuff on a whim there as I dont have a MAC or CCO within two hours of my house) At first I didnt know what to do with it but now I mix it in with my tinted moisturizer and ad a little bit on the top of my cheekbones and at the top of my lip. It gives me the fresh dewy look that I love. Would certainly buy again though one bottle is going to last me forever. Its huge. The only thing I really didnt care for is the bottle. I kinda wish is was in a pump though maybe its in one now as the bottle I have is the old packaging. Not enough to take a lippy off though

on 11/23/2009 12:38:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love the texture! My face is so smooth after application. It's summer where I'm at the moment and today was about 32 degrees celsius. I have oily skin so with my skin type and the non-sweating situation today, my face still feels moisturised but not oily. I was given a sample of Strobe Cream by a MUA at MAC so I only have a tiny amount. I have to use it slightly more than my normal moisturiser for my face so I don't know how long a normal tube would last. Eventhough it's quite pricey, I'll definitely still purchase it.

on 10/28/2009 7:51:00 AM

I really love this product, it gives you a great subtle glow, like a natural cream version of MSF. I wear it on its own, with a touch of concealer in the daytime as I like the natural look. It has a pearl-ish colour when you squeeze it out, and blends into the skin creating a gorgeous glow. Looks dewy and fresh, great for winter. May be too much in the summer months. For reference, I have combination skin.

on 10/26/2009 11:52:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

i would say i love this product wheni use it but can live without it if that makes any sense. probably not. haha
i tend to mix it in with my foundation to get a very natural look and i love it for this purpose. everything glides beautifully and my skin feels amazing, maybe i will be using it more now winter is hitting us. im combination skin and so dont tend to use in summer. but a good product!

on 10/26/2009 12:26:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

I love this product - hate the price and package. I feel like I could go through the bottle quickly and that every last drop would not get used since its in that funky bottle. However-- I love how this cream. It makes my skin look and feel impeccable after application. I have no idea what people are talking about with the disco/glitter business, upon first trial I was so afraid I was going to look like a crazy person. Never happened. My foundation looks dewy and flawless -- and I don't even see any sparkles. For the price I do not know if its worth it though... could I just use this as a winter primer ? Maybe. Still on the fence.

on 10/10/2009 11:02:00 PM

I tested the strobe cream and liquid and I mixed them a little bit but the liquid was very shimmery and had a pink/lilac cast to it. I liked the strobe cream better, it was more luminous and glowy. When it comes to a highlighter I don't like to look shimmery, I just like a glowy shiny look when my face hits the light. Im only basing this by my test on face but I think I might compare this too "Boots no 7 High Lights Illuminating Lotion"

on 10/8/2009 12:57:00 AM

I was first excited to get this product because anything promising to give me luminous skin will suck me in right away.

I couldn't tell which to choose, the liquid or the cream but after quickly asking the SA who said that the cream is more moisturizing, I chose the cream without a second thought - I have very dry skin.

After trying it out as a highlighter and a moisturizer, it just didn't work out. The texture is just so sticky as an all over moisturizer and using it as a highlighter over my foundy just caused the product to move around. It helps a little if you mix the cream with water or fix spray.
I still wish I had gotten the liquid instead. The liquid feels alot nicer and lighter.

My favorite make-up artist at MAC gave me a sample of this. I was a bit iffy at first, using a moisturizer other than what my Dermatologist would recommend. But I ran out of night cream one night and decided to use this instead. My skin absolutely love this! No break-outs, does not make me oily (considering I have oily skin) and gives me a certain glow when worn under foundation. I will buy a full size of this.