August 27, 2014 | 1840 users online

Moisturizers - MAC - Strobe Cream

rated 3 of 5 on 4/12/2009 1:04:00 PM More reviews by BunnyTimesThree

I love how this product looks on people. It gives a pinkish opal-like reflect on the skin, and when worn under makeup makes it look like an inner glow shining through.

However, I can't stand it. It makes me feel oily (I have normal to sometimes oily skin) and this makes me feel like I look wet. Also, I have tried to love it and wear it on numerous occasions and I always end up with huge disgusting pimples the next day. It does not agree with me at all. It is also a heavy moisturizer, so it is not meant for those with extremely oily skin, and is more geared toward the normal or drier sides.

It does look gorgeous on alot of people, but beware that it is a moisturizer that contains 'stuff' to give it that glowy look.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/12/2009 8:49:00 AM More reviews by fleur

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Hazel

A nice, thick consistancy that leaves my skin with a slight glow. I use it under foundation and as a subtle highlighter on ceekbones/brow. The packaging is not great as i think the plastic is too thick to have a squeeze tube really, but good quality as usual with mac. Nice product, nothing extraordinary - you could probably get this look by mixing a drop of Benefit Highbeam with your regular moisturiser...

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2009 10:33:00 PM More reviews by niclyf

One of the few MAC Face products I can get on board with! I was nervous about trying this product, because MAC foundations typically do nothing more than clog my pores, but there seemed to be so much love for Strobe cream that curiousity got the better of me, and I caved. Well .. I'm *glad* I did! I absolutely LOVE MAC strobe cream! I can't quite pinpoint the magic in this stuff .. but it's a little bit of heaven in a squeeze tube! A smidge of this mixed with my foundation just makes my skin glow in a non-disco ball kind of way. I don't know if it makes me look more awake, or if it just camoflouges my skin's imperfections .. but it's amazingly beautiful on! It gives my skin a more youthful/rested look which on some days, is precisely what I need. I haven't broken out from this at all, but that could be due to the fact that I don't use it daily. I love my Strobe Cream days though! I'll definitely always have a tube of this goodness in my medicine cabinet!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2009 2:49:00 PM More reviews by HarajukuBarbie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Strobe cream is great for sheering down studio fix fluid, it adds moisture and a sheen to the skin but isn't greasy or OTT.
I use it as a base for eyeshadows- a highlighter and everyday mixed with SFF. I love the smoothness and how easy it it to apply, its one of my make-up staples

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2009 1:06:00 PM More reviews by jenja536

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I waited to review this because at first I was not impressed with this product. After experimenting a bit, I have begun to like this cream. I place it on my cheekbones and right above my eyebrows (in a C pattern) after putting my primer on and right before my tinted moisturizer. It gives such a beautiful glow. To emphasize the glow, I will put NARS albatross on after I put my tinted moisturizer on then set it with either MAC''s natural MSF or MUFE HD powder.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2009 2:23:00 PM More reviews by tiara98

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

my skin was looking a bit dull & lifeless in the cold weather, no matter how moisturized it was! once i started using strobe cream as a primer, i have been complimented daily on how glowy and fabulous i look!

i would NEVER use this in place of moisturizer, although i do mix it with my moisturizer on occasion.

$29.50 is a bit steep for the amount you get, and the packaging seems deliberately designed to dispense more product than you need. however, since the strobe cream does exactly what i bought it to do (and never looks chalky/streaky like the WnW liquid highlighter does), i will probably buy it again when i run out.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2009 10:38:00 AM More reviews by Ninotchka87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this stuff. When I use mix it with my foundation, it creates a very subtle glow, and when I use it alone, it's a great highlighter or primer.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/3/2009 5:32:00 PM More reviews by medusapj

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Do not like this product. I guess my biggest complaint is the packaging. Everytime I open the tube, I get 10x more than what I need. It needs to be stored laying on it's side I guess. Not real impressed with the product either.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2009 10:43:00 PM More reviews by Seraphic

I had gotten a sample of this at the MAC counter and thought that it was an amazing product as it gave my skin a nice glow so I bought it. However the price is a bit much though similar to most high end creams, I still love it and would still get it. It's nothing too heavy and makes my skin feel nice and soft; it's also great when mixed with foundation! I'm not too big a fan of the bottle it comes in but that's not a big deal.

EDIT: Okay so it makes my skin feel soft but it isn't very moisturizing.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/21/2009 9:21:00 PM More reviews by ritumoni

this stuff is heavy b/c its not right for my combo/oily skin. it makes me look oily ..well good thing i had only tried a sample of it...