July 29, 2014 | 1666 users online

Moisturizers - MAC - Strobe Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2009 2:49:00 PM More reviews by HarajukuBarbie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Strobe cream is great for sheering down studio fix fluid, it adds moisture and a sheen to the skin but isn't greasy or OTT.
I use it as a base for eyeshadows- a highlighter and everyday mixed with SFF. I love the smoothness and how easy it it to apply, its one of my make-up staples

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2009 1:06:00 PM More reviews by jenja536

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I waited to review this because at first I was not impressed with this product. After experimenting a bit, I have begun to like this cream. I place it on my cheekbones and right above my eyebrows (in a C pattern) after putting my primer on and right before my tinted moisturizer. It gives such a beautiful glow. To emphasize the glow, I will put NARS albatross on after I put my tinted moisturizer on then set it with either MAC''s natural MSF or MUFE HD powder.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2009 2:23:00 PM More reviews by tiara98

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

my skin was looking a bit dull & lifeless in the cold weather, no matter how moisturized it was! once i started using strobe cream as a primer, i have been complimented daily on how glowy and fabulous i look!

i would NEVER use this in place of moisturizer, although i do mix it with my moisturizer on occasion.

$29.50 is a bit steep for the amount you get, and the packaging seems deliberately designed to dispense more product than you need. however, since the strobe cream does exactly what i bought it to do (and never looks chalky/streaky like the WnW liquid highlighter does), i will probably buy it again when i run out.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2009 10:38:00 AM More reviews by Ninotchka87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this stuff. When I use mix it with my foundation, it creates a very subtle glow, and when I use it alone, it's a great highlighter or primer.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/3/2009 5:32:00 PM More reviews by medusapj

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Do not like this product. I guess my biggest complaint is the packaging. Everytime I open the tube, I get 10x more than what I need. It needs to be stored laying on it's side I guess. Not real impressed with the product either.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2009 10:43:00 PM More reviews by Seraphic

I had gotten a sample of this at the MAC counter and thought that it was an amazing product as it gave my skin a nice glow so I bought it. However the price is a bit much though similar to most high end creams, I still love it and would still get it. It's nothing too heavy and makes my skin feel nice and soft; it's also great when mixed with foundation! I'm not too big a fan of the bottle it comes in but that's not a big deal.

EDIT: Okay so it makes my skin feel soft but it isn't very moisturizing.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/21/2009 9:21:00 PM More reviews by ritumoni

this stuff is heavy b/c its not right for my combo/oily skin. it makes me look oily ..well good thing i had only tried a sample of it...

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2009 5:37:00 PM More reviews by XXohsoblondeXX

This is a staple in my makeup bag.
The Girl at the Mac counter descriped it as a vitamin packed moisturiser with light reflecting particles to brighten your compexion.

I wear this under my foundation and follow with prep and prime as recommended by the Girl at Mac and I always get complments on how healthy and fresh I look. Used alone my make up pretty much stays in place all day used with the Prep and prime it doest budge.

on lazy days mix my Foundation and Strobe cream for a lighter dewy effect.

Highly recommended

rated 4 of 5 on 1/22/2009 7:50:00 AM More reviews by facsimile123

i had heard about this product for a while but never had time to go buy it, finally did and was really happy with its results, gives a pleasant glow and can hide flaws with the way it reflects light, really nice texture too, although a tad too dewy close up but very nice at an average distance. It really picks up the visual quality of most foundations comes close to giving a porcelain effect although a much dewier one. The only negatives being the fact that using it as a primer will cause some foundations not to cover faults at all and foundation can also cake.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/19/2009 7:07:00 PM More reviews by MaBoogins

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I wanted this product for such a long time. Finally, I received it as a holiday gift from my boyfriend. I had such high hopes! I put it on and thought, "This is okay...", but... just okay. There was nothing that was $30-worthy about it. It gave me a bit of a glow, but it seemed to go away very quickly. I thought that I needed more time for the product to grow on me, because I really wanted to love this stuff.

I continued using it and was disappointed everytime. My disappointment became even greater when I realized that this stuff was breaking me out. My skin had been pretty well behaved as I have started using products with AHA. I had been applying Strobe Cream near my cupid's bow and got really painful pimples along the top of my lip.

This product does not deliver what I thought it would and it's too pricey. The only thing I got was a temporary and lackluster "glow" and some painful zits. I will NOT be repurchasing. VERY disappointing product!