October 25, 2014 | 1801 users online

Cleansers - Philosophy - Purity Made Simple (Real Purity Cleanser)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2013 10:38:00 AM More reviews by r2can2

This cleanser is so gentle and effective! It takes a whole day's worth of eye makeup, foundation, natural oils, and dirt off in just a few seconds! It's very gentle on my acne prone skin and never overdries my skin. I love it!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/17/2013 1:22:00 AM More reviews by enchantedlullaby87

I used this product once a day before bed for a little over a week after. I finally caved after hearing such great things about it. The product promises to remove every speck of makeup, tone and moisturize your skin. As promised, all of my make up came off and my skin felt extremely clean. However, as I washed my face I felt a tingle. After rinsing the product off my face felt tight. After 2 days I noticed my nose was flaking and my forehead was breaking out. I gave it a few more days and it only made everything worse. I have since returned it and my skin is back to normal. Never again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2013 10:19:00 PM More reviews by missmanic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This has been my go to cleanser for quite some time now. I remove a majority of my face makeup with a seperate wipe, then cleanse my entire face usuing Purity (usually along with my Clairisonic). This removes all of my eye makeup without stinging or irritating my eyes and I've never expierienced any sort of negative effects with my sensitive, acne prone, skin. I currently have the BIG bottle from QVC!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/10/2013 1:25:00 AM More reviews by UbiquityEssence

Makes me skin soft. I usually use Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser but when I wear make up I use this after my make up remover (Jojoba oil) along with my Clarisonic.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2013 11:31:00 AM More reviews by ElenaWC

I have sensitive acne prone skin and this has kept my skin clear and is incredibly gentle. I love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2013 5:22:00 AM More reviews by beginning11

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love this cleanser! I have seen improvement in how my skin how it feels and how it looks! never want to be without!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/6/2013 6:03:00 AM More reviews by xsamanthaashley

It removes all kinds of makeup and even waterproof residues that might have been left in your lashline. Like all cleansers, getting the product into your eye can sting but this definitely doesn't sting as bad as I thought it would have ( hahaha ). The texture is just like like any other cleanser but what I believe makes this so popular is the way it lathers up easily to remove all your makeup without having to vigorously rub the product into your face.

more in depth review/ images on my blog

Ashley

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2013 9:09:00 PM More reviews by surfinjan

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

To clarify, this reviews is for Purity Made Simple One-Step Face Cleanser.

This is a mild product that applies smoothly and removes almost every trace of makeup when used properly. I was able to purchase it in a fairly large size on a QVC special. They indicated it would last 3 months when used in the evenings, alternating with another product in the morning. Boy did they underestimate as I have been using it ever-other-day for over a year. This month, I decided to switch to almost daily as the product is soft on my skin. I really don't need to take a break from it the way I do with other products.

It's fairly gentle, non-greasy, and handles its role as a face cleanser extremely well.
It does have a tougher time with mascara and heavier foundations, but a little Philosophy Made Simple on a Q-tip takes care of those problems. Rinses clean and does not leave my skin sore or flaky, however, I have hard water here and prefer a moisturizer after any cleanser, including this one.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2013 8:28:00 PM More reviews by rayoflight121

I've gone through 3 8oz bottles of this stuff to cleanse my face every night. It removes all of my heavy duty mascara and eye makeup without irritating my eyes. Each bottle lasts me about 5-6 months with daily use. My skin is on the dry side but never feels stripped of moisture. It really is HG cleanser...and I'm not loyal to much of anything.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 2/28/2013 10:42:00 PM More reviews by rouge2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this as a free item from Sephora. Started using it and saw that i worked on clearing my face a tad and didn't cause much issues. Fast forward a month and a half and i noticed that my skin was becoming extremely dry and itchy which has never happened to me. I also started to notice that my skin had small blisters and because it was itchy and dry it would leave marks on my face and seemed to never heal. My checks had a batch of dry patches along with the small part of the chin and forehead - they all were extremely dry. I would put shea buttter, extra layers of moisterizer and the flakes would still be there. For 3 -4 weeks i couldn't understand why my skin was so dry and it dawned on me that the only thing i change was my cleanser. I switched over to a new cleanser and the itching is gone and the flaky patches are almost gone. I have naturally dry skin so this cleanser did not help me AT ALL!