April 23, 2014 | 878 users online

Cleansers - Philosophy - Purity Made Simple (Real Purity Cleanser)

rated 3 of 5 on 1/2/2013 8:06:00 AM More reviews by Curlyxo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm not sure if I like this product or not. It cleanse my face very easy and there is no makeup left after cleaning, but my skin feels dry afterwards.. I don't even have a dry skin or so and I also use the 'Hope in a Jar'. Before I started using the product I never had any problems with my skin looking a little too dry. First, I assumed it was my Chanel(perfect lumiere) foundation, but later on I realised that it was the Purity Cleanser.(I used an another cleanser for a while).
Pro; it's very affordable, a little goes a long way and it cleanse your face very good.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/1/2013 12:10:00 PM More reviews by gnomechomsky

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I loved this cleanser, it works great at removing make up. I liked that aspect because its nice to wash my face without having to use a separate makeup remover. The downside is that my face felt extremely dry after using this cleanser (even though I have combination oily skin and use a moisturizer). This cleanser also breaks out my skin which is also why I would not repurchase. I wouldn't recommend the use of this as an everyday cleanser since it can be drying.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/30/2012 11:29:00 PM More reviews by holdthemeo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I wasn't overly impressed with this as cleanser. I don't think it's the miracle cleanser that some make it out to be. Without seriously moisturizing my skin afterwards, I think its a bit drying on my already dry skin. I tend to remove my makeup before washing my face, but it does take off the stuck on mascara and eyeliner well. However, as someone with generally good skin, I just don't think cleanser as important as moisturizers and serums that stay on the skin, so for what it is, I just don't think it's worth the price. It's not overly expensive, but at the end of the day, it's just a cleanser. I was happy to use up my sample, but I don't need to purchase the full size.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2012 4:35:00 PM More reviews by shelbsn

So i havent been using this cleanser for very long, but it has already really helped my skin! it takes makeup off VERY easily and it is even gentle enough to use on eyes, plus my skin has cleared up. i have combo skin, with a really oily nose and dry cheeks and yes it did dry out my face a little, but i used a moisturizer afterwards and it fixed that problem. The scent isnt the best but it is bearable and the packaging is so cute! hope this review helped!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2012 4:06:00 PM More reviews by sealegg

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I try to be open minded (after all thats what purity simply advertises) about the products I try, though when I read reviews about this I was scared.

Nonetheless, I got a one ounce sample from Sephora and I've been using it for over a week now. It's the best makeup remover/cleanser I've ever used.

All I need is a small amount to remove all my makeup. It not only removes my makeup, Purity provides a sheer glow to my skin, makes it feel clean and supple. My skin just feels awake, alive. I feel like its help my face achieve a flawless look without foundation. I've never been more comfortable without it.

I actually like the smell of it. I plan to get the full 32 oz bottle soon. I just can't get enough of this wishery.

Would I buy this again? Yes, yes a million times yes.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/29/2012 12:17:00 PM More reviews by hellokittybrock

Ha I just realized I didnt write a review on this after using it for so long? LOL
I use this cleanser with my clarisonic. It is gentle, non foaming and effective. I dont believe in spending a lot of money on expensive cleanser. Usually I buy 1 litre of purity cleanser from the philosophy website and this could last like 1 yr. Wait for the philosophy sales.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/29/2012 10:21:00 AM More reviews by Jaqueta

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I started using this product after a Sephora SA put some samples into my shopping bag. I loved the samples enough to buy the full sized (8oz) bottle for $20. I don't feel that this is an expensive cleanser even when compared to drugstore cleansers. Even ds prices have gone up and up recently and I expect this bottle to last me for a long time as only a small amount of product is needed. I have sensitive, dry skin and this removes makeup and cleanses well without leaving my skin feeling irritated or tight. It doesn't cause or contribute to breakouts. I will definitely repurchase this.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/26/2012 1:34:00 PM More reviews by realreviewer25

I unfortunately spent a lot of money on this cleanser. I was really looking for that miracle product and the sales lady at Sephora said its a best seller. I gave it about three weeks and saw absolutely no results. And then BAM I woke up and had huge red welts all over my face. I stopped using the product and three days later they were gone. I think the ingredients were a bit too harsh for my skin--although the whole marketing is "purity" the ingredient list is quite lengthy.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2012 8:48:00 PM More reviews by Lilmissmagic86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

HG status! I am on my second bottle. My first was the 8 oz and it lasted me 4 months, even with everyday use. Love the creamy texture and how clean, fresh, and smooth my face feels post-washing. Love this product!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2012 2:34:00 PM More reviews by cassabella

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this cleanser! I bought the largest size before which was definitely the best value. When I ran out, I was very short on money and bought a Neutrogena cleanser instead. My skin gradually got worse over the few weeks I used it. Once I bought another bottle of this, my skin looked perfect again in less than a week! I didn't think downgrading would make such a difference but it was crazy how fast my skin improved.