November 1, 2014 | 771 users online

Cleansers - Philosophy - Purity Made Simple (Real Purity Cleanser)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2013 6:56:00 PM More reviews by chang4me

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this cleanser!! I was used the clinique line for many years, and it became very drying. I switched to purity--my skin feels very good after cleansing and doesn't feel tight. My skin is also very sensitive, I had no problems in that area either. I would definitely recommend to all.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2013 4:53:00 PM More reviews by Cat1104

Age: Unknown Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

My skin: oily/dehydrated, sensitive, clog-prone
This removes makeup well, but I found it too drying and irritating for my skin type. My skin got very dehydrated, causing it to produce more oil. It's supposed to be ok for sensitive skin, but it has quite a few irritating essential oils. I don't recommend for very sensitive skin, but your results may differ.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2013 10:38:00 AM More reviews by r2can2

This cleanser is so gentle and effective! It takes a whole day's worth of eye makeup, foundation, natural oils, and dirt off in just a few seconds! It's very gentle on my acne prone skin and never overdries my skin. I love it!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/17/2013 1:22:00 AM More reviews by enchantedlullaby87

I used this product once a day before bed for a little over a week after. I finally caved after hearing such great things about it. The product promises to remove every speck of makeup, tone and moisturize your skin. As promised, all of my make up came off and my skin felt extremely clean. However, as I washed my face I felt a tingle. After rinsing the product off my face felt tight. After 2 days I noticed my nose was flaking and my forehead was breaking out. I gave it a few more days and it only made everything worse. I have since returned it and my skin is back to normal. Never again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2013 10:19:00 PM More reviews by missmanic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This has been my go to cleanser for quite some time now. I remove a majority of my face makeup with a seperate wipe, then cleanse my entire face usuing Purity (usually along with my Clairisonic). This removes all of my eye makeup without stinging or irritating my eyes and I've never expierienced any sort of negative effects with my sensitive, acne prone, skin. I currently have the BIG bottle from QVC!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/10/2013 1:25:00 AM More reviews by UbiquityEssence

Makes me skin soft. I usually use Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser but when I wear make up I use this after my make up remover (Jojoba oil) along with my Clarisonic.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2013 11:31:00 AM More reviews by ElenaWC

I have sensitive acne prone skin and this has kept my skin clear and is incredibly gentle. I love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2013 5:22:00 AM More reviews by beginning11

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love this cleanser! I have seen improvement in how my skin how it feels and how it looks! never want to be without!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/6/2013 6:03:00 AM More reviews by xsamanthaashley

It removes all kinds of makeup and even waterproof residues that might have been left in your lashline. Like all cleansers, getting the product into your eye can sting but this definitely doesn't sting as bad as I thought it would have ( hahaha ). The texture is just like like any other cleanser but what I believe makes this so popular is the way it lathers up easily to remove all your makeup without having to vigorously rub the product into your face.

more in depth review/ images on my blog

Ashley

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2013 9:09:00 PM More reviews by surfinjan

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

To clarify, this reviews is for Purity Made Simple One-Step Face Cleanser.

This is a mild product that applies smoothly and removes almost every trace of makeup when used properly. I was able to purchase it in a fairly large size on a QVC special. They indicated it would last 3 months when used in the evenings, alternating with another product in the morning. Boy did they underestimate as I have been using it ever-other-day for over a year. This month, I decided to switch to almost daily as the product is soft on my skin. I really don't need to take a break from it the way I do with other products.

It's fairly gentle, non-greasy, and handles its role as a face cleanser extremely well.
It does have a tougher time with mascara and heavier foundations, but a little Philosophy Made Simple on a Q-tip takes care of those problems. Rinses clean and does not leave my skin sore or flaky, however, I have hard water here and prefer a moisturizer after any cleanser, including this one.