April 20, 2014 | 1664 users online

Cleansers - Philosophy - Purity Made Simple (Real Purity Cleanser)

rated 3 of 5 on 1/1/2013 12:10:00 PM More reviews by gnomechomsky

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I loved this cleanser, it works great at removing make up. I liked that aspect because its nice to wash my face without having to use a separate makeup remover. The downside is that my face felt extremely dry after using this cleanser (even though I have combination oily skin and use a moisturizer). This cleanser also breaks out my skin which is also why I would not repurchase. I wouldn't recommend the use of this as an everyday cleanser since it can be drying.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/30/2012 11:29:00 PM More reviews by holdthemeo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I wasn't overly impressed with this as cleanser. I don't think it's the miracle cleanser that some make it out to be. Without seriously moisturizing my skin afterwards, I think its a bit drying on my already dry skin. I tend to remove my makeup before washing my face, but it does take off the stuck on mascara and eyeliner well. However, as someone with generally good skin, I just don't think cleanser as important as moisturizers and serums that stay on the skin, so for what it is, I just don't think it's worth the price. It's not overly expensive, but at the end of the day, it's just a cleanser. I was happy to use up my sample, but I don't need to purchase the full size.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2012 4:35:00 PM More reviews by shelbsn

So i havent been using this cleanser for very long, but it has already really helped my skin! it takes makeup off VERY easily and it is even gentle enough to use on eyes, plus my skin has cleared up. i have combo skin, with a really oily nose and dry cheeks and yes it did dry out my face a little, but i used a moisturizer afterwards and it fixed that problem. The scent isnt the best but it is bearable and the packaging is so cute! hope this review helped!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2012 4:06:00 PM More reviews by sealegg

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I try to be open minded (after all thats what purity simply advertises) about the products I try, though when I read reviews about this I was scared.

Nonetheless, I got a one ounce sample from Sephora and I've been using it for over a week now. It's the best makeup remover/cleanser I've ever used.

All I need is a small amount to remove all my makeup. It not only removes my makeup, Purity provides a sheer glow to my skin, makes it feel clean and supple. My skin just feels awake, alive. I feel like its help my face achieve a flawless look without foundation. I've never been more comfortable without it.

I actually like the smell of it. I plan to get the full 32 oz bottle soon. I just can't get enough of this wishery.

Would I buy this again? Yes, yes a million times yes.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/29/2012 12:17:00 PM More reviews by hellokittybrock

Ha I just realized I didnt write a review on this after using it for so long? LOL
I use this cleanser with my clarisonic. It is gentle, non foaming and effective. I dont believe in spending a lot of money on expensive cleanser. Usually I buy 1 litre of purity cleanser from the philosophy website and this could last like 1 yr. Wait for the philosophy sales.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/29/2012 10:21:00 AM More reviews by Jaqueta

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I started using this product after a Sephora SA put some samples into my shopping bag. I loved the samples enough to buy the full sized (8oz) bottle for $20. I don't feel that this is an expensive cleanser even when compared to drugstore cleansers. Even ds prices have gone up and up recently and I expect this bottle to last me for a long time as only a small amount of product is needed. I have sensitive, dry skin and this removes makeup and cleanses well without leaving my skin feeling irritated or tight. It doesn't cause or contribute to breakouts. I will definitely repurchase this.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/26/2012 1:34:00 PM More reviews by realreviewer25

I unfortunately spent a lot of money on this cleanser. I was really looking for that miracle product and the sales lady at Sephora said its a best seller. I gave it about three weeks and saw absolutely no results. And then BAM I woke up and had huge red welts all over my face. I stopped using the product and three days later they were gone. I think the ingredients were a bit too harsh for my skin--although the whole marketing is "purity" the ingredient list is quite lengthy.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2012 8:48:00 PM More reviews by Lilmissmagic86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

HG status! I am on my second bottle. My first was the 8 oz and it lasted me 4 months, even with everyday use. Love the creamy texture and how clean, fresh, and smooth my face feels post-washing. Love this product!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2012 2:34:00 PM More reviews by cassabella

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this cleanser! I bought the largest size before which was definitely the best value. When I ran out, I was very short on money and bought a Neutrogena cleanser instead. My skin gradually got worse over the few weeks I used it. Once I bought another bottle of this, my skin looked perfect again in less than a week! I didn't think downgrading would make such a difference but it was crazy how fast my skin improved.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2012 1:35:00 AM More reviews by cutelildeadbear

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I was actually reluctant to buy this because of the reviews here, but my friend raved about it so I bought a trial size just to see what all the fuss was about.

First of all I don't know what you people are talking about as far as price goes, unless you are comparing it to drug store garbage. I can't use drug store stuff. I have been using Shiseido for years and I do still love that and will probably never switch and it is $35 a tube and that lasts me about 2 months or so. Now, for $20 you get a HUGE bottle that should last one person like 3-4 months or so if you wash your face 2 times a day. So I don't know if you guys are like drinking it or what, but to me compared to what I typically spend on Shiseido this stuff is dirt cheap. Even the small $10 bottle lasted me a long time. That is about the only good thing I can say about this though.

Moving on... this was really drying on my face, and it made my skin feel really tight afterward which is weird because most people find Shiseido to be that way (and that has exfoliating beads in it too, so you would think that it would dry you out more than this creamy stuff). Anyway, I didn't like how it made my skin feel after I got out of the shower. It did remove my make up well, but it was very chemically smelling and tasting. I know you aren't supposed to eat it, but sometimes it gets into your mouth by accident. It just made me wonder what on earth was in it. Also, after using it for a week I had a little bit of a break out on my chin and around my nose. I went back to my Shiseido and that cleared up immediately. It also irritated my cheeks really badly and made them look and feel sunburned. It took me a week to get the inflammation to go back down. :(

I used the rest of the trial sized bottle on my body. I just didn't like it and wouldn't buy it again. Maybe it is good for some people and I do like their body washes (for scent not really for any other benefits) but all in all this isn't for me. Might be good for oily skin though.

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No