August 27, 2014 | 1821 users online

Cleansers - Philosophy - Purity Made Simple (Real Purity Cleanser)

rated 4 of 5 on 3/6/2013 6:03:00 AM More reviews by xsamanthaashley

It removes all kinds of makeup and even waterproof residues that might have been left in your lashline. Like all cleansers, getting the product into your eye can sting but this definitely doesn't sting as bad as I thought it would have ( hahaha ). The texture is just like like any other cleanser but what I believe makes this so popular is the way it lathers up easily to remove all your makeup without having to vigorously rub the product into your face.

more in depth review/ images on my blog

Ashley

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2013 9:09:00 PM More reviews by surfinjan

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

To clarify, this reviews is for Purity Made Simple One-Step Face Cleanser.

This is a mild product that applies smoothly and removes almost every trace of makeup when used properly. I was able to purchase it in a fairly large size on a QVC special. They indicated it would last 3 months when used in the evenings, alternating with another product in the morning. Boy did they underestimate as I have been using it ever-other-day for over a year. This month, I decided to switch to almost daily as the product is soft on my skin. I really don't need to take a break from it the way I do with other products.

It's fairly gentle, non-greasy, and handles its role as a face cleanser extremely well.
It does have a tougher time with mascara and heavier foundations, but a little Philosophy Made Simple on a Q-tip takes care of those problems. Rinses clean and does not leave my skin sore or flaky, however, I have hard water here and prefer a moisturizer after any cleanser, including this one.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2013 8:28:00 PM More reviews by rayoflight121

I've gone through 3 8oz bottles of this stuff to cleanse my face every night. It removes all of my heavy duty mascara and eye makeup without irritating my eyes. Each bottle lasts me about 5-6 months with daily use. My skin is on the dry side but never feels stripped of moisture. It really is HG cleanser...and I'm not loyal to much of anything.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 2/28/2013 10:42:00 PM More reviews by rouge2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this as a free item from Sephora. Started using it and saw that i worked on clearing my face a tad and didn't cause much issues. Fast forward a month and a half and i noticed that my skin was becoming extremely dry and itchy which has never happened to me. I also started to notice that my skin had small blisters and because it was itchy and dry it would leave marks on my face and seemed to never heal. My checks had a batch of dry patches along with the small part of the chin and forehead - they all were extremely dry. I would put shea buttter, extra layers of moisterizer and the flakes would still be there. For 3 -4 weeks i couldn't understand why my skin was so dry and it dawned on me that the only thing i change was my cleanser. I switched over to a new cleanser and the itching is gone and the flaky patches are almost gone. I have naturally dry skin so this cleanser did not help me AT ALL!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/27/2013 6:04:00 PM More reviews by beautycouture

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this cleanser. This is the only cleanser my sensitive skin can tolerate. It cleanses off makeup, EVEN eye makeup but if you don't use a Clarisonic, when you dry your face on a towel, you might see some remaining traces of foundation. But with my Clarisonic it gets every bit of makeup off. Skin feels nice and clean!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/25/2013 6:22:00 PM More reviews by 42

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Blue

I have never reviewed a product before but following my experience with this cleanser I feel compelled to do so. I purchased the 90 ml bottle over Christmas but only used the cleanser on occasion as I adore my Emma Hardie amazing face balm! Being lazy this past week I ignored my muslin clothes and decided to get by on the purity cleanser. I must stress that I do have sensitive skin but have never reacted to a product in this way. After only using the product for approx 3 days I have developed a noticeable amount of small spots all over my face, in particular around my mouth and nose area. I have stopped using the cleanser and do not intend to use it again. I also found that it made my skin feel stripped of moisture. I would urge anyone who is thinking about buying this product to get a sample if possible. I'm just thankful that I didn't buy the huge bottle!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2013 10:20:00 AM More reviews by ChaseSpearing

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This cleanser is quite nice! It is what it says on the bottle, simple.

I bought myself a Clarisonic in December and decided it would be best to grab a really basic cleanser to go along with it, nothing that would strip my skin or make my sensitive skin more irritated.

Twenty bucks for an 8oz. bottle isn't exactly cheap but I figured I would be paying for quality!

First off, I really like the way this smells! It's very natural smelling, like herbs and such. I don't like when my cleansers smell super-chemically and gross so I enjoy the scent of this product quite a bit!

With my Clarisonic it foams up really well and rinses clean, without any gross residue left behind. It doesn't make my skin feel tight or stripped of all moisture, just clean.

This is a really basic cleanser that I think most anyone could use. It is pricey for something that is going to be washed down the drain but you are paying for quality! (and the brand name being printed on the bottle ;)

rated 4 of 5 on 2/24/2013 6:51:00 PM More reviews by annieissoawesome

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I used to really like this cleanser, because it got rid of the ten-humongous-pimples-or-more-on-my-face stage during middle school, but it didn't fix everything. It cleaned my face without stripping of anything, and I used it in conjunction with the Cetaphil cream. It worked for me back when I had big problems on my face, now it's just a soso cleanser. Considering the price of this product, I don't plan on repurchasing, simply because it just doesn't work anymore.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2013 10:22:00 PM More reviews by kmd521

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the only facial cleanser that I have tried that gets everything off. I always wear a fuller coverage foundation. Gets all my eye makeup off too. I love the smell. The packaging is ok, but when it comes to getting that last bit out a squeeze tube would be nicer. I can't really complain too much about the price because a little goes a long way. I use this every night with a clarisonic and an 8oz bottle has lasted almost a year.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2013 11:03:00 AM More reviews by LisaNicole1127

I've been using Purity Made Simple for about a year now and I don't think I'll ever use another cleanser. It extremely gentle and takes my makeup off like a champ. I do sometimes have make up left under my eyes because I keep them clothes when cleansing and can't really get close to the lash line. But I've had minimal breakouts with this product, even as gentle as it is. The texture is really creamy and smooth. A little bit of a lemony scent, kind of like lemon yogurt, which i like. It doesn't lather very much, but that's not a problem for me. What's great about this cleanser is that I don't have to remove any of my makeup before hand, so it saves me an extra step. I love this product and, true, it's a little on the pricier side, but it's so worth it, and if you get the larger bottle which is about $32.00, it last quite a long time. Love this product and have no plans to change!