Clinique High Impact Mascara

3.6

water, copernicia cerifera (caranuba) wax, stearic acid, glyceryl stearate, polyisobutene, silica, acrylates copolymer, aminomethyl propanediol, vp/eicosene copolymer, sodium hyaluronate, lauroyl lysine, pantethine, melanin, panthenol, hydrolyzed wheat protein, ethylhexylglycerin, hydroxyethylcellulose, calcium aluminum borosilicate, pvp, propylene clycol, acacia senegal gum, isostearic acid, simethicone, dimethicone peg-8 polyacrylate, urea, disodium edta, bht, sodium dehydroacetate, methylparaben, ethylparaben, propylparaben, isobutylparaben, phenoxyethanol, benzyl alcohol, [ /- iron oxides (ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499), mica, titanium dioxide (ci 77891), blue 1 lake (ci 42090), aluminum powder (ci 77000), carmine (ci 75470), chromium oxide greens (ci 77288), yellow 5 lake (ci 19140), chromium hydroxide green (ci 77289), bismuth oxychloride (ci 77163), bronze powder (ci 77400), ultramarines (ci 77007), ferric ferrocyanide (ci 77510)] [iln 30012]

on 1/19/2013 5:18:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I received a free sample of this mascara. I found that it did not add length or volume and especially did not hold a curl. I have normal lashes - not too long or short. This mascara wasn't awful, it just wasn't special. I experienced some transferring during the day. Would not recommend or purchase.

on 1/18/2013 2:28:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

my favorite luxury mascara..doesn't flake, makes my lashes full by 100%!!

on 1/9/2013 10:58:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

This mascara was a wet, unimpressive mess on my lashes. It did make them look better than they do on their own, but not much. One thing I did really like about it was how black it was. I guess I should have known better, wet formulas don't agree with my lashes. They're pretty long, so it just weighs them down and/or gets all over the place.

on 1/9/2013 9:20:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

i got this as a gift and i was super excited to try it out.
the first time i used it, it was a wet mess..id blink and my eyelids would be covered in mascara.
i let it dry out and used it about a week later and the formula was already a little better.
the brush is nothing special, i dont have problematic lashes so the brush was okay for my lashes.
after a few uses i noticed my eyes became very irritated and the masacra was super flakey. the little flakes would get into my eyes aswell.
i tried so hard to like this mascara but after i finish this tube i will not be going back to clinique mascaras.

on 1/9/2013 7:48:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I got this as a 100 pointer for Sephora. I thought, Clinique is not famous for their mascaras, this will probably go in the trash..well I was wrong. I have asian tiny little lashes and this one never clumps (A problem when your lashes are so small)
and lengthens and volumizes without looking OTT.

This is a little wetter formula which I personally prefer because dryer mascaras make my lashes look hard. And liquidy ones look more soft for me, and its more lightweight.

This keeps curl well too, a common problem for asians!

I was wearing this the other day, and a stranger (who is Caucasian and has beautiful lashes) commented on how great my lashes looked!!!

Definitely will be buying full sized mascara!!

on 1/9/2013 6:43:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

This mascara is so so. It volumizes and lengthens, but it will smudge unless you really wipe practically everything off the brush. Then you have a big mess at the top of the tube. I think ds mascaras work better without all the work..

I love this mascara. It is one of the few products that I actually thinks works better as you use it up - it doesn't dry up like other brands, meaning you can really use it until it is gone. When you get a new tube, it is VERY wet though - so try not to blink hard or open your eyes to wide for about 20 seconds or you will print some above our below your eyes (ack!). I like my mascara to wash off easily with water and this rinses off cleaner than anything else I have tried (saving a step and more products...). I don't find it flakes either.

If I am feeling fancy I will buy it - but ultimately, I have found drugstore brands that offer similar results (maybe not quite the same) but for a quarter of the price (I like maybelline plush). Sometimes the price just can't be justified!

Its just not that special mascara.

I love mascara, and I have tried many, many mascaras. However, I always find myself returning to Clinique's High Impact Mascara. I feel like it gives the best in length and volume of any mascara I have worn. I usually pair it with Lancome's Cils Booster primer and boom! perfect lashes. I have clients ask me all the time if I am wearing false eyelashes!

I also recommand this because Clinique performs allgery testing (which is more than hypoallgeric testing) and I have never had this mascara irritate my eyes at all. Hands down, this is my favorite mascara!

The great things about it are that it does what a mascara should do: make my lashes look thicker, longer, defining. BUT the big downside is that I can't wear this for too long; any day I wear it for more than 4 hours it makes my eyes so irritated and I start tearing up!
So if you don't wear it for too long it's perfect. It also doesn't smudge or clump.