July 23, 2014 | 1296 users online

Bronzers - New York Color - Smooth Skin Bronzing Face Powder in Sunny 720

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2012 6:48:00 PM More reviews by SimpleNSexy

So cheap and so awesome!
Price: ~$5 CAD
Colour: medium rosy brown
Finish: matte
Coverage: medium
Texture: smooth
I needed a contour colour and this sounded better than the Rimmel one (bet Rimmel has more product....) Anyways, the slight rosy tint makes it a somewhat natural contouring shade. Also great for warming up a cool-toned smokey eye

rated 1 of 5 on 6/21/2012 10:54:00 AM More reviews by adamj2004

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Super cheap but you get what you pay for. If you look closely, there is a TINY amount of shimmer in this (mica is listed in the ingredients). Looks very light in the pan but oxidized to a lovely shade of orange even with a light hand. The applicator included is useless (who in their right mind would even apply bronzer with a sponge anyway?) and went immediately into the trashcan. I don't understand why this is so highly rated. I love the fact that you can find a relatively matte bronzer for so cheap but the shade is AWFUL

rated 4 of 5 on 6/19/2012 6:46:00 PM More reviews by OMG3kids

I found this bronzer for $2.99 at Rite Aid. I really like it! Nice brown color, not orange, and a little goes a long way. Pad it comes with is useless; I apply it with a big fluffy brush to avoid getting too much on my light skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2012 8:19:00 AM More reviews by yourbritness

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Awesome little bronzer. I got this on sale for $1.50 and im so happy I got it!. It gives just the right amount of color and isnt a super tacky orange. If you have a cool skintone, this bronzer is safe for you to use to give your face some color without making you look sallow and washed out. Also, I find that the color payoff is kind of light to medium coverage, so your not going to look like an ompa loompa :) Highly recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2012 12:52:00 AM More reviews by ruscocourt

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love love love this!!!! i love that it is not shimmery. it is a simple clean and perfect. it is the nice tan color too not nasty orange

rated 4 of 5 on 6/16/2012 10:38:00 PM More reviews by maripossa24

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

It's so hard to find a bronzer that's not orange and shimmery. With my already oily skin, shimmer is just a NO.

This is very matte, and very natural looking. This will work well on fair skins, but anyone darker I doubt it would show up on. It warms me up without looking fake or obvious.

I just dust a little on the high points of my cheeks, temples/hairline, a tad on the middle of my forehead, a tad on the bridge of my nose with a MAC 109.

You can't beat the price, the package seems sturdy to me. The puff is worthless, but I can't imagine applying a bronzer with a puff anyway. It will fade during the day, but it's light and compact enough to throw in my bag for touchups, so it's not a big deal.

Will buy again.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/2/2012 8:28:00 PM More reviews by prettyreckless

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This doesn't give me much color, so I use it all over my face as a setting powder after I apply my liquid foundation. Works so well. It doesn't break me out at all, which is surprising for its price. Haven't hit pan yet, but I've already bought a back-up : )

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/30/2012 11:56:00 PM More reviews by admilly101

Its so hard to find a nice, simple matte bronzer. All of them seem to contain shimmer, which I don't think flatters my already oily-skin. This gets all the hype for its simplicity, which sounds weird, but it makes sense. Its the perfect shade for contouring and adding warmth to ones face. It's a pretty matte brown shade that would be found naturally on many people's complexions. Its great for the summer!
What I dont like? The packaging. It's really cheap and flimsy. Not as sturdy as I thought it would be.
I also feel you have to use this bronzer with a light hand, or else you end up having that "dirty" look.
Overall, great product for under $3!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2012 10:35:00 AM More reviews by everysunflower

I am so pleased with this little gem of a bronzer. For under $4 (CAD), I have found a perfect, matte bronzer for contouring my face. The packaging is very compact and travel-friendly; I don't have to worry about it taking up too much space in my purse. I also appreciate that when you flip it open, there's a mirror inside. Throw away the sponge that comes with it, because it isn't going to do anything for anyone! Use your own brushes. I have an olive/tan skintone and this bronzer is true to keeping me from looking orange or muddy. It isn't overly pigmented so I'm positive lighter skintones will applaud that.

Edit: After doing some in-depth research, it is confirmed that NYC does test on animals; therefore, I am changing this product rating from 5 to 4. I will not be repurchasing.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/24/2012 2:11:00 AM More reviews by boxyeongxan

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Matte and a very good subtle shade for me since I'm pretty fair. Ummm fairly well pigmented. And I mean for the price it is pigmented. I think I got it for three dollars?
I don't use that much, but I use it almost every single day, so considering the fact that I JUST hit pan on it, means it has a lot of product. Its kinda pink toned? The packaging seems kinda cheap. but it didn't break on me or anything and I like that its pretty slick. So overall its good. And I would definitely buy it again. Texture is also pretty smooth.