New York Color Smooth Skin Bronzing Face Powder in Sunny 720

Price: $

Price: $

Talc/Ethylhexyl Palmitate/Zinc Stearate/Silica/Kaolin/Aluminum Starch Octenylscucinate/Imidazolidinyl Urea/Methylparaben/Propylparaben. May Contain Mica/Titanium Dioxide/Iron Oxides.

on 11/13/2012 6:02:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

AMAZING BRONZER FOR AN AMAZING PRICE

Pros:
-MATTE: I'm new to using makeup so I go for a very very natural look. The fact that this bronzer is matte is so awesome because it looks natural. ALSO, I have VERY oily skin so I'm glad that its not shimmery
-PRICE: this bronzer is dirt cheaaapp. I believe its about $3-$4. Such a great price considering you only need to apply a little bit.

Cons:
-I don't really have any cons! Just be careful not to use too much! (otherwise you'll look like you smeared dirt on your face :])

on 11/10/2012 1:20:00 PM

Well, this stuff sort of blew my mind. This is far and away the best powder bronzer I have ever used on my fair, cool-to-neutral toned skin. HG for fair skin. I'll repeat that. HG for FAIR skin. Don't expect this to even show up if you have medium skin. I've been using NARS Laguna for the longest time, but it's highly-pigmented and requires a light hand. While Laguna contains a very slight bit of shimmer or glitter or something sparkly I see in that pan, this one does not. This is a completely matte, warm color that is not highly-pigmented - which is why it works on pale, fair-skinned folks. It cannot be overdone - it never looks muddy or dirty as so many powder bronzers can (I'm looking at you, Hoola). While it's buildable, it never appears too dark or fake. It is not orangey in the slightest. It reminds me of Guerlain's Terracotta Bronzer but not as red; it just gives the loveliest natural flush of color to fair skin. It can warm up your face if used all over with a very heavy handed-kabuki, or it provides the most natural contouring you can imagine with an angled contour brush or even a MAC 109. This can actually be buffed into the skin without looking artificial. This is the only powder bronzer that gives my Chanel Soleil Tan de Chanel a run for its money. Speaking of money.. the price alone is ridiculous. A drugstore bronzer that has trumped my high-end brands by miles?! I try makeup as if money were no object, because this is how I choose to spend my disposable income. I'll buy anything if it really works, and I'm probably more critical of drugstore brands because I believe you get what you pay for. However, some inexpensive products defy all logic, and perform magically. This bronzer is one.

on 11/9/2012 5:39:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Awesome matte bronzer from the drugstore.

I have very little pink in my skin and with a big fluffy brush applied all over it's great. I will occasionally contour with it.

The packaging is cheap and flimsy. The color is great and it lasts.

on 11/9/2012 12:26:00 AM

3 words...ORANGE. CHALKY. Rubbish.

This is a really inexpensive, matte bronzer. Sadly, I am the exact same color as it. Lol. I do use it during the winter to warm up my skin tone, and it does a lovely job. No, it doesn't last all day, but it does a nice job. I wouldn't repurchase, because of the color issue. If you're lighter than a NC30 in MAC, you may like it :)

on 11/5/2012 8:28:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

This bronzer is a bargain! I don't really use this on my face often, but I do use it on my neck and chest when my face looks a little too dark.
Sometimes I'll sweep a little of this for contouring and its great because if you apply with a light hand you won't look muddy.
I would definitely recommend this since it's so cheap!

on 11/2/2012 1:41:00 AM

This stuff is dirt cheap and fantastic. I use it for more of an all over cheek color and the add a peach blush on the apples of my cheeks. It gives you this amazing sun kissed glow. It's extremely buildable which is what I love. I have medium skin that I find is hard to find a bronzer for. They are all either way to dark and end up looking muddy, or way to sheer and dont show up at all.

What I love about this bronzer is I can put on a little bit during the day to give me a glow and the build it up when I go out in the evenings for a more noticeable look.

For $3 you honestly can not go wrong! For people who are having issues with it staying on, I use it over my Laura Mercier TM and have had no issues. A friend of mine does use a primer (smashbox) and it's helped the staying power significantly.

on 10/28/2012 7:09:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I bought this thinking I would be able to contour my face with but it is way too light for my NC35 skin. Instead I use it to correct foundations when they are too light & when I am too lazy to tan on my chest. I LOVE that it is matte but sadly it is too light for my skin tone so I would not repurchase

on 10/22/2012 3:15:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I think this is probably the lightest drugstore bronzer and therefore perfect for my NW15 skin. I don't think it is a great shade for contouring though, at least not for me, the pigmentation is just right but it comes out looking ORANGE. I still love it for giving my face a bit of color. It's not such a must have as I expected it to be based on these good reviews but it is a nice product for any pale girl (and boy) out there. I will stick with my NYX Taupe for contouring though, it is not as finely milled but the color looks much more natural. I also have to add that the packaging for this bronzer is one of the worst ever, it doesn't even close properly and when it does it's hard to open. I have the same problem with their pressed powder compact though so I guess it's just a bad container.

on 10/21/2012 1:29:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Best matte bronzer hands down. Not even a high end brand can beat this bronzer, and I've tried them ALL. I always come back to this bronzer because the color is just beautiful. I buy two at a time in fear they may decide to discontinue the color. I've been wearing this since my freshman year of highschool, and I'm 23 now! My HG bronzer hands down!

Popular Bronzers