December 18, 2014 | 1696 users online

Liquid - Estee Lauder - Double Wear [old formula - REFORMULATED]

REFORUMULATED 2012 Please see http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=159975/Double-Wear-Stay-in-place-Makeup/Estee-Lauder/Liquid for the current formulation of this product

rated 5 of 5 on 9/3/2012 7:05:00 AM More reviews by JoannaHollyx

Absolutely love this foundation, I've tried so many and so far this has always been my favourite. I like good coverage in a foundation and this has amazing coverage. A lot of people have said its too cakey but if you apply it properly it isn't. Because of the high coverage you don't actually need to use much of it at all therefore it lasts ages and is worth the money too.
it lasts all day for me, especially with a primer underneath.

I use shell beige and although at first I thought it was a bit too mud like and almost greeny on its own, with powder, highlighter and bronze it looks amazing.

Defs recommended.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/2/2012 5:29:00 PM More reviews by jlightfoot83136

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I decided to buy DW after asking so many people what foundation they wore and everytime it was Estée Lauder Double Wear. I got matched up to two shades but I wanted one that would be ok to wear when I put fake tan on my face , I chose ivory beige. I am pale skinned with freckles and I do not need heavy foundation (not prone to spots) hence why I mainly wear this for nights out or on my days off. Overall I really like this foundation , the coverage & finish is good and is a brilliant base for your blusher and other makeup . However it can be quite cakey if over applied and dries very quickly , I tend to apply some moisturiser a little while before I put it on as I find it applies better . I disagree that it leaves a cast in photos if anything it makes you look quite airbrushed . It's does seem to last all night and you don't need to reapply blusher as it holds it in place , I have had this bottle for about 4 months now and I have 3/4 left , so it is lasting well . I would repurchase this foundation but it is on the pricey side , although it has lasted really well . Definately not an everyday foundation for me as you can tell your are wearing it and it is personally to heavy for me to wear everyday ; quite drying too .

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2012 2:32:00 PM More reviews by nad1a246

Love this stuff! Gives a lovely nice airbrushed look when applied with the elf studio powder brush. I got matched to 1N1 Ecru but I find its a tad to dark for my very pale skin. I can get away with using this when I have a bit of fake bake on for a night out and it looks flawless. Just wish they made a lighter shade that I could used everyday :( definetly the best foundation on the market... If you can find a shade match.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2012 8:16:00 AM More reviews by kailingggg

I love love love this product! Coverage is amazing especially for my face filled with acne scars. It is so good that i can skip concealer all together. The finish is flawless and matte which is excellent for my super duper oily skin. After a few hours when my skin starts producing oil, it makes this foundation have a little more luminosity which is great because i look like i have amazing flawless glowing skin. It also lasts the whole entire day with minimal touch ups. The only down side is the ackaging. Wish i came with a pump. But otherwise awesome product. 2 thumbs up!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/29/2012 10:28:00 AM More reviews by Yvettethecritic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've always used MUFE face & body but I wanted to try something with a fuller coverage so I decided to buy Estee Lauder DW. I've been using this product for about 2 weeks now, I'm a yellow-undertoned Asian with some redness and uneven skin color around the cheek area. I'm using this in Sand, the warmest shade for light-skinned gals. The coverage and staying power is fantastic, I had worn this while I was at a swimming pool for 4 hours and it hasn't washed off, and after a full day of work I find that the makeup stays in place, even with a little blotting.

However it isn't yellow enough for me so the color looks off when I put the product on at first, it oxidizes though after a few minutes into something I can work with. Also I got some small bumps, maybe because it's too heavy? And like some reviewers here said, it doesn't photograph very well as it leaves an unattractive white cast.

This is definitely a good foundation for those with oily and problematic skin, provided that the color match is perfect. I would probably buy this again if it had the warm shades of Benefit's Hello Flawless Oxygen Wow. Since my skin is good enough anyway I think I'll stick to MUFE f&b.

UPDATE: Been using this twice a week for about 2 months now for my dinner dates. For some reason, thinning out the product by applying DW with a foundation brush over my moisturized face makes it look more natural. I use the tiniest amount and it makes all the difference. I don't think it helps much about oiliness but after 6 hours,, I look glowy and flattering instead of shiny and gross. As always, the staying power is amazing and this weekly routine seems to agree well with my skin. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 8/28/2012 2:58:00 PM More reviews by alicia14787

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

First let me start by saying this product covers like no other and that is a huge pro for me since I have acne scarring, dark spots, uneven skin tone, etc. Another pro is that this foundation doesn't turn me into an oil slick, or perhaps it controls oil better? I'm not sure but I certainly don't have to blot as much and I've never looked in the mirror and freaked out about what an oily mess I look like. That said, this foundation can be a bit drying. I started a topical prescription for acne and when I paired it with this foundation my skin peeled terribly, however when I used my acne medication with other foundations I didn't have this issue. Also this foundation gives you a terrible white cast in pictures! It's certainly not fit for wedding day makeup. It does last through my work day but just barely, around the time I get home I notice my foundation has worn off in some areas and it starts to get that terrible oily shine. I also have a hard time finding my shade, it's either too dark or too light, or too orange or too pink. I have to mix colors to get my match. All in all this is a good foundation, not perfect, but good.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/28/2012 12:38:00 PM More reviews by lylaura

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I was looking for a foundation to replace my mineral foundation, that is bismouthoxychloride free since I read it leads to breakouts. This foundation did not break me out, it covers up my old cystic acne scars pretty well so I don't need concealer, but I do have to pack it on in my scar areas. Only my jawline breaks out the rest of my face is clear, but I tried blending it all over my face for a more even coverage. The finish is matte, it dries quickly and with a powder finish.Buildable coverage; apply with sponge for ligther coverage and with brush on trouble spots for heavier coverage. I was using this as a concealer for a bit it's quite pigmented. Pros it lasted long through my whole work day, I have combination oily skin. Cons: it makes it obvious I am wearing makeup,I don't have large pores, but this seemed to emphasize the pores on my nose and make them notisable not a good look, the result is not natural and the coverage not as good as the mineral makeup (B.E). In the end I went back to my unhealthy mineral makeup for this reason. But this is still the best liquid foundation I have ever tried due to it not making my breakouts worse. The price is a bit steep almost $40, but I think it could last a while, I bought at department store and regret not saving my receipt in order to return it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2012 6:34:00 PM More reviews by amberjxo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Out of all of the foundations I have tried this one is the absolute best. It has great coverage, staying power, and does not get oily even with out powder. It is a bit pricey ($32 at Dillard's), but it is definitely a foundation I will repurchase again and again. The only cons I would have to say about it is that you have to work fast, it doesn't come with a pump (which would be awesome!), and it does look super matte (using a makeup setting spray will help).

rated 4 of 5 on 8/26/2012 1:23:00 PM More reviews by jess8780

Ive used about a hundred different foundations! I like to try new ones or just happens to be that the old one starts making my face oily. This foundation is one of my favorites, the only con is... It's expensive and runs out quickly. I like the natural look it gives and the wonderful coverage. I'm self concious about my red spots on my face(old acne pigmentation scars) and this seems to cover up wonderfully without making the face oily or cakey. Would highly recommend if you have the budget to keep purchasing this.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2012 1:59:00 PM More reviews by Jenrae24

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Hazel

So before I decided to try EL DW I had tried the EL DW Light first. The reason I did was because I didn't really feel I needed a heavy foundation for my skin. I loved EL DWL, the only problem I had with it was they didn't have a very good color range to choose from. Im pretty fair, so finding a light colored foundation is hard. So I decided to give the EL DW a try instead since they had more of a color range to choose from. Well I wasn't sure that I was gonig to like it because I thought it was a super heavy foundation. Well when I got my tester from Macy's I applied it that night to see how it would look. It wasn't as thick as I thought. I really only need a dime size and It goes a long way. This foundation is great for covering up scares, acne and other hard to cover things on your face. Its also great for people who don't have those problems. I think if you want more coverage you just build it, or use more when applying it the first time. Its a wonderful feeling when applying it and is a Matte finish. It hasn't made me break out yet and does not feel heavy on my skin. So overall this is a wonderful foundation, it may seem like it would be a heavy thick foundation but its not.