April 19, 2014 | 894 users online

Liquid - Estee Lauder - Double Wear (old formula)

rated 4 of 5 on 12/28/2012 10:49:00 PM More reviews by jasmina1993

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

-I have really oily skin and this stays on throughout the day. The foundation last all days from it time and put it on (which during a school day would be around 6:30 - 7 am) until I get home (around 5pm). So that's about ten hours, put if I were to go out after the ten hour mark I would take it off, wash my face, and reapply. I have try the Revlon color stay but after six hours my face would be so oily but the foundation would slip off and melt away.
- Coverage is good, for me I would say it is a medium coverage foundation. I have pigmentation from acne (red spots from where a zit used to be and it take months for it to fade away) and it covers the older, lighter stops but not the recent, darker spots.On days when I want lighter coverage I would mix the foundation with my lotion. It is a matt finish. The only reason I don't give it a five is because when I try to get the foundation to be a full coverage foundation (it hid my spots) it cakes up around the nose and mouth area.
-This foundation has a wide range of colors to choose from

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2012 9:49:00 PM More reviews by Leesha411

this is my overall HG foundation! i have very sensitive red skin that breaks out with pretty much anything i put on it! i use to use revlon colorstay but then decided to try this one and i LOVE it! it covers all of my redness and blemishes very well. i always use a layer of hard candies glamoflouge concealer and then i only need one layer of this foundation. my only complaint is the packaging, really wish their was a pump. i apply this foundation with the elf powder brush and i get a flawfless finish. love it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2012 5:00:00 PM More reviews by jen1103

I have ditched my Lancome Teint Idole Ultra for this. It is much more matte for my oily skin and actually stays on all day as claimed. Lancome does not. I love the full coverage but soft look. I still need concealer (I bought the DW concealer to matvh and love it also) to cover major blemishes. I am happy with this makeup. My daughter always tells me how pretty I look when I am wearing this and as long as you rub it in, it's pretty goof proof. Also doesn't make me break out like Revlon ColorStay for oily skin did.
My biggest gripe is the packaging. For the price, I would have expected a pump! Really, I need to just dump it out into my hand? Boo, Estee Lauder, for that one!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/25/2012 9:11:00 AM More reviews by purplelili

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is the perfect foundation ever!!! I have tried so many foundations but double wear gives you a real porcelain baby doll look. Coverage is perfect! When I use it, all my friends say that I have a perfect make up on my face. I have an oily skin and this foundation is definitely for people who have oily skin. I highly recommend it!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/24/2012 9:58:00 PM More reviews by shalini14

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

hi beautiful ladies...

i just loved estee lauder dw. i would recommend to all those ladies who are looking for full flawless coverage which stays looooong. ur skin look neatly covered and beautiful throught the day irrespective of the weather.
just remember to moisturise ur skin completly before applying eldw.

i will surely buy it again.

happy holiday:)

rated 1 of 5 on 12/22/2012 7:44:00 PM More reviews by Jasmine19

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this after reading all the great reviews and because I heard it was safe for acne-prone skin but it still broke me out. Thankfully I have my acne under control but everytime I would use this product I would breakout.

I also didn't like the way it made me look. It looked cakey and terrible in pictures. Plus I have deep acne scars from years of cystic acne and this makeup just made them show even more. It's just not for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2012 5:14:00 PM More reviews by rachelmarie25

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this foundation, it covers up everything and I mean everything, I apply with the beauty blender sponge and it leaves me with a airbrushed flawless looking face, the only one thing I will say is that for someone with very very dry skin I dont think this would be suitable as it can stick to dry skin and look very cakey, but if you've got oily or combination skin or even just slightly dry skin and you want a matte foundation that covers every flaw then this is perfect and it lasts until you decide to wash it off at night (on me anyway) I dont know why there's so many people complaining about it having no pump because it's really not that bad, I just slowly tip a small amount in to the lid then pour on to my hand that way you dont waste any product, it is the most I've ever spent on foundation but it's worth every penny, I also dont need to wear concealer or powder with this, I went to a estee lauder counter in boots and the lady picked the perfect shade for me then applied it to my face and first impressions were that it looked awful and cakey and my skin looked so dry especially on my nose but I really wanted to love this so I took a sample home, the following morning I cleansed and moisturized my face and applied the foundation with beauty blender sponge and it looked and felt amazing and it looked exactly the same at the end of the day so I went ahead and bought a bottle and I love it! I would recommend getting a sample first as this might not be suitable for everyone.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/22/2012 9:28:00 AM More reviews by Astrida5

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I like this foundation but I'm not absolutely loving it. It gives a good coverage but It's too much for on a daily basis. I prefer wearing this foundation for a night out. It also seems like it shows my pores on my nose more. Like I said I have mixed feelings about it. But when you have a combination to oily skin and you want a good coverage with a matte finish this foundation is good for you.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2012 1:37:00 AM More reviews by liza33

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the best foundation I have ever use. Leaves my skin looking flawless. I have received many compliments about it when I wear it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/19/2012 8:32:00 PM More reviews by makeupjunkie35

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have been wearing Ecru 16 1N1 for the longest time thinking it was the best match for my pale NC15ish skintone. I thought I was more neutral, but it turns out that I needed more yellow to match seamlessly. I found this out when on a whim when I tried Estee Lauder Double Wear in Bone 17 1W1 (liquid foundation). And since I mentioned the shade, in comparison to MAC NC15 liquid foundation, I would say that Bone 17 1W1 is pretty close -except that it's a hair darker with more yellow...which is perfect for me!!

Oh, and if you have ever tried Make Up For Ever HD foundation in Marble #117, but found that it did not provide as much coverage as you liked, you will LOVE Bone 17 1W1. If you are worried that it will be too mask like/dry, try Clinique DDML all over, then follow that with a small amount of MAC Strobe Cream (start with a small amount till you figure out what works for you), before applying the foundation. Also, I might add that this is more than sufficient during the dryer winter months, but I do like to top the lotion I referenced with Bare Escentuals barevitamins Prime Time foundation primer (original) before applying the Strobe Cream during the hot humid summer months here in Florida. (Oh, I found avoiding the eye area with the strobe cream works best, as long as it does not get too close to the rim of the eye).

For under eye concealer, I use Estee Lauder DW Concealer 01 Light. Then, after I apply the foundation section by section -dabbing in a stippling manner with clean fingers, I pat a small amount of foundation OVER the concealer (will not undue it). I pat as necessary under/over the eye to remove any excess that would settle into fine lines, then immediately pat a light amount of Maybelline Dream Matte pressed powder in Light 4-5 to set my under eyes. This keeps the concealer ect perfect for at least 12 hours. Works every time!!

I hope that this extra info has helped someone, as finding my perfect makeup combos has been a long process for me from trial and error and lots of $$. (Oh for skin reference, I used to be extremely oily all over. But my skin started changing with age, and is now more normal/combo with only some slightly oily areas.)