July 30, 2014 | 1855 users online

Liquid - Estee Lauder - Double Wear (old formula)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2013 12:56:00 PM More reviews by beachsexybronze

Excellent. Trully I mean that. If you have oily skin, then I would look no further (Revlon ColorStay is 2nd best to this one as well). This one may be a little tricky when blending (but just use primer and a good sponge) and the coverage is buildible, flawless, matte, and LONG STAYING..actually their first original one "Double MATTE" was the one that for some reason could literally last on your face for 3 days in a row without washing it off! Ha!

Seriously tho, for oily ladies like myself, this one is a true miracle worker.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2013 3:47:00 AM More reviews by Annushka

glass bottle, twist cap, no pump. the mac pumps you can buy by themselves fit in here though.
i have colour 3W1, i wear MAC prolongwear in nc40 and MatchMaster in 4. i paid $35 at Macys, but this is $50 in Australia.
it does control oil very well and it stays in place ALL day. there is no need to set with a powder. the finish is more matte, but not completely matte that it looks flat.
there is no smell and no SPF (i dont think) towards the end of the day though i started to looked really 'plastic', my oils had sort of come out, but hadn't turned into a dewy nice look, or even oily and greasy. i looked plastic lol it didnt oxidise on me though.
i have very oily sensitive skin and this doesnt break me out. doesnt settle into pores and is a medium coverage foundation. this can be built to full though i imagine it would be terrible looking.
i gave it a four because it does what it claims to do, though i dont enjoy looking like fake plastic doll. matchmaster is much better for me and can be sprayed with fix + to make it look natural and it has just as good oil control properties and staying power.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2013 3:42:00 AM More reviews by AltaKay

I have been reading reviews from the official Estee Lauder website, and I became devastated when I saw several people claimed that the formula has recently been modified. I am NOT okay with that if it is true. This make-up has changed my life! Literally. I have mild acne, but a lot of scarring, and seriously.. this makeup has given me confidence I never had before because I HATE my skin naturally. Hopefully I can get my hands on the original formula when I run out, which will be soon, but I recommend this for ANYONE! It is a m a z i n g !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2013 6:38:00 PM More reviews by Beekhawaja

I have recently changed from using Mac Studio fix NC35-40 to an equal mix of rattan and cashew double wear the colour is amazing and has the best yellow tone I have discovered in any foundations. All other colours in double wear are either grey or pink.
Love the long lasting finish of this foundation although I have combination skin I do wish it had a dewy look to it. Some days I feel it looks too flat and a little dry.
I usually bronze and brighten this up with the soleil tan de chanel gel makeup base/ bronzer
Overall this is the best foundation I have ever come across and even though mixing the two shades together is a pain it's still worth the overall look : )

Definitely recommended.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2013 7:09:00 PM More reviews by Emilyrogerson44

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This foundation stays on all day and covers with a amazing flawless natural finish. I have tried several foundations and nothing compares to this it's worth every penny. The only downside is because this foundation is a stay in place foundation it can sometimes be dry on the skin, so you need a good moisturiser/primer before application

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2013 7:30:00 AM More reviews by littlekinselle

When I got my samples of this foundie shade 2n2 fresco.. I already used it it never gives me an oily and cakey feeling or effects.. ilove the covarage. I'll will buy a full bottle of this. :) btw it my first time to used a liquid foundation..

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2012 10:52:00 PM More reviews by Zryan

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have used countless bottles of this foundation as i have discovered it is the only foundation that is yet to break me out, which is surprising considering it is quite a full coverage foundation! I bought one very light shade and a dark shade so that I can mix according to my color throughout the year. While a pump would be a nice addition, it doesn't bother me that much as you can purchase them anywhere. I have very dry skin so I like to apply a lot of moisturizer to help it blend but that shouldn't be the case with oilier skins. I use my hands to apply the foundation when I'm lazy but I get the best application with the Real Techniques buffing brush. I'm not deducting a lippy for the price because, honestly, I'd spend a small fortune on anything I'm about to put on my acne-prone skin if it means I won't breakout! Last along time also.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2012 4:24:00 PM More reviews by clay2626

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have tried this foundation in several colors, Sand, Desert Beige and Tawny, I loved how this foundation stayed on all day though I do have to blot a couple of times a day. In summer this is my foundation of choice. My main problem was the color matches, Sand was too light, Desert Beige too pink and Tawny too dark.
The new color Dawn 2W1 is the best match I have had, it seems to be what a mix of Sand and Tawny would be like. The new foundation seems to be less thick and cakey which I like, some people on the Estee Lauder website are not too happy about this new change but I for one prefer it. The colors have changed so you might want to go to the website and see them or try a sample at a store before buying.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/29/2012 3:57:00 PM More reviews by blackcattt

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Thank for putting up with my skin's rebellious past and constant nagging for care. Suffered through the adolescent stage where acne was unforgiving and mistakes were made where acne scars are present along with pigmentation. With sensitive skin, this does not break me out even when it has sunscreen in it. It amazingly puts up with my oily skin, lessens the redness and with a good powder the scars and pores are minimized. Therefore it does have a thick consistency so do not apply so generously. I believe there are new colors, which after I am done with my latest bottle, will see if there are better matches.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/28/2012 10:49:00 PM More reviews by jasmina1993

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

-I have really oily skin and this stays on throughout the day. The foundation last all days from it time and put it on (which during a school day would be around 6:30 - 7 am) until I get home (around 5pm). So that's about ten hours, put if I were to go out after the ten hour mark I would take it off, wash my face, and reapply. I have try the Revlon color stay but after six hours my face would be so oily but the foundation would slip off and melt away.
- Coverage is good, for me I would say it is a medium coverage foundation. I have pigmentation from acne (red spots from where a zit used to be and it take months for it to fade away) and it covers the older, lighter stops but not the recent, darker spots.On days when I want lighter coverage I would mix the foundation with my lotion. It is a matt finish. The only reason I don't give it a five is because when I try to get the foundation to be a full coverage foundation (it hid my spots) it cakes up around the nose and mouth area.
-This foundation has a wide range of colors to choose from