Estee Lauder Double Wear [old formula - REFORMULATED]

New as of :)12/2012:Ingredients: water/aqua/eau, cyclopentasiloxane, trimethylsiloxysilicate, peg/ppg-18/18 dimethicone, butylene glycol, tribehnin, polyglyceryl-3 diisostearate, magnesium sulfate, tocopheryl acetate, polymethylsilsequioxane, methicone, laureth-7, xantham gum, alumina, sodium dehydroacetate, disteardimonium hectorite, cellulose gum, propylene carbonate, pentaerythrityl tetra-di-t-butyl hydroxyhydrocinnamate, phenoxyethanol, [+/- iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI77499), mica, titanium dioxide (CI 77891)] Original: ACTIVE INGREDIENT: TITANIUM DIOXIDE 1.00% INGREDIENTS: WATER (AQUA PURIFICATA) PURIFIED, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE,TRIMETHYLSILOXYSILICATE, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, TRIBEHENIN, PEG/PPG-20/20 DIMETHICONE, SORBITAN SESQUIOLEATE, MAGNESIUM SULFATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, PHENYL TRIMETHICONE, POLYMETHYLSILSESQUIOXANE, METHICONE, LAURETH-7, XANTHAN GUM, ALUMINA, BHT, SODIUM DEHYDROACETATE, IMIDAZOLIDINYL UREA, CHLOROXYLENOL, PHENOXYETHANOL, [ /-(MAY CONTAIN)IRON OXIDES(CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), MICA, TITANI DIOXIDE (CI 77891)]

on 9/12/2012 8:43:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I really felt I had hit home with this product, having searched for a while for a product with good coverage that I would not have to keep reapplying. Regarding this, double wear is a great foundation which gives full coverage pretty much all day. However, I found the foundation a little too heavy for my skin and felt that, especially if I applied it all over my face, it looked very much like a 'mask' of make up. I felt this didn't help the condition of my skin as I suffer from an oily t zone and frequent break outs. I want to have something light on my face that doesn't feel like it's clogging up my pores. I will finish off the bottle I have now but will probably switch to double wear light in the future which has a lighter consistency and seems far more suited to my skin.

on 9/7/2012 8:37:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

I held off on trying Double Wear for the longest time, mainly because of what I associated with its name: heavy, thick, cakey, suffocating makeup. So when I finally bought it a couple of months ago, I was extremely surprised when I discovered that it's one of the best foundations I've ever tried. Double Wear doesn't feel heavy at all. In fact, the opposite is true, as it feels very lightweight. If it's too lightweight or sheer for you, it's easily buildable. You do have to work quickly when applying as it dries fast, but the foundation itself isn't hard to work with, so it's really not a big deal to me. It withstands an 8-hour workday where I am on my feet in a physically demanding job, so I can attest to the claim that it's a long wearing, stay-in-place makeup.

Just some extra info/tips: I'm an N/NW10-15, and I wear this in shade 1C1 Shell; it's a perfect match. I find that it applies best when using a stippling brush, or a flat-top brush. I've had good results with the Real Techniques Stippling Brush, as well as with the Sigma F80 Flat Top Kabuki. In my experience, I've found Double Wear to work its best when a primer is worn underneath.

UPDATE: So of course Estée Lauder decided to be a douche and discontinued my shade, 1C1 Shell. The Sales Associate at Nordstrom promised me that its replacement, 1C1 Cool Bone, would be exactly the same (so...why did they have to discontinue Shell in the first place?). She was very convincing, so I placed an order for a bottle to have shipped to me (since the store was out of the shade at that time). The SA gave me a generous sample to take home and use for the meantime, and I have to say that I am very disappointed with this reformulated/repackaged Double Wear. First of all, 1C1 Cool Bone leans a bit more yellow than 1C1 Shell. Shell was neutral, if not leaning a tad pink. I can definitely see a difference. Second, the formula seems somehow different to me and I can't really put my finger on what it is, but it just seems...off. Perhaps a bit runnier and doesn't seem to control my oiliness the way it did with Shell.

As soon as my full bottle of 1C1 Cool Bone arrived in the mail, I took it right back to Nordstrom and returned it. After doing some online research, I ordered two bottles of the old (and fabulous) Double Wear in my normal shade of 1C1 Shell through Estée Lauder Companies' Gone But Not Forgotten program. If your shade was discontinued or you just miss the old formula, I highly recommend doing the same.

on 9/7/2012 4:34:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

So I bought this based off the reviews on MUA. They counter sales person matched me to Fresco and in the daylight it was a perfect match. This is a heavier formula than I normally wear but it did provide that photo finish I had hoped for. I will definitely go to MAC and purchase a pump to make this easier to use. Like other reviewers this did take some effort to remove at the end of the day but I expected that since it's such a full coverage item.

I am a MAC N5...

on 9/7/2012 2:28:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This does not look one bit natural. They matched me with quite a few different shades and none of them looked remotly close to my actuall color. they say that they have "neutral undertones" that are supposed to match everyone but I am tan with very yellow undertones and this looked awful on me! :/ truly dissapointed with the color choices

on 9/5/2012 12:24:00 PM

Even though I am still and probably forever will be on the hunt for my HG foundation, I must say this is a really well performing foundation. This product is very similar to the MUFE Duo Mat foundation but I think is slightly better. For oily skinned girls, it's pretty difficult to find a foundation that would stay on the face for more than 4 hours. For me, this foundation last around 8 hours with blotting and slight touch ups. If I use a really good primer, I stay oil free for a good 4-6 hours. The consistency is thicker than other foundations I've use. You have to work fast with this product b/c it dries FAST, so I work in sections and apply more product to areas I need more coverage. I do have acne prone skin so I have lots of scars that need covering. I barely need concealer except for the occasionally blemish. The finish is matte and not cakey. I don;t use this for an everyday foundation, only on special occasions or nights out. A must try foundation.

Only foundation that will stay on my oily face all day long. Won't rub off on your clothes or your phone. One applied, it immediately dries and makes me feel like my oil is in control. I didn't like the texture at first, because it's not as smooth and silky as I'd like when first applied, but you'll learn to appreciate it later. Basically, it's the perfect foundation for anyone with oily skin and acne they need to cover up. It's also a great value, because it lasts FOREVER.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Absolutely love this foundation, I've tried so many and so far this has always been my favourite. I like good coverage in a foundation and this has amazing coverage. A lot of people have said its too cakey but if you apply it properly it isn't. Because of the high coverage you don't actually need to use much of it at all therefore it lasts ages and is worth the money too.
it lasts all day for me, especially with a primer underneath.

I use shell beige and although at first I thought it was a bit too mud like and almost greeny on its own, with powder, highlighter and bronze it looks amazing.

Defs recommended.

I decided to buy DW after asking so many people what foundation they wore and everytime it was Estée Lauder Double Wear. I got matched up to two shades but I wanted one that would be ok to wear when I put fake tan on my face , I chose ivory beige. I am pale skinned with freckles and I do not need heavy foundation (not prone to spots) hence why I mainly wear this for nights out or on my days off. Overall I really like this foundation , the coverage & finish is good and is a brilliant base for your blusher and other makeup . However it can be quite cakey if over applied and dries very quickly , I tend to apply some moisturiser a little while before I put it on as I find it applies better . I disagree that it leaves a cast in photos if anything it makes you look quite airbrushed . It's does seem to last all night and you don't need to reapply blusher as it holds it in place , I have had this bottle for about 4 months now and I have 3/4 left , so it is lasting well . I would repurchase this foundation but it is on the pricey side , although it has lasted really well . Definately not an everyday foundation for me as you can tell your are wearing it and it is personally to heavy for me to wear everyday ; quite drying too .

on 8/31/2012 2:32:00 PM

Love this stuff! Gives a lovely nice airbrushed look when applied with the elf studio powder brush. I got matched to 1N1 Ecru but I find its a tad to dark for my very pale skin. I can get away with using this when I have a bit of fake bake on for a night out and it looks flawless. Just wish they made a lighter shade that I could used everyday :( definetly the best foundation on the market... If you can find a shade match.

on 8/30/2012 8:16:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love love love this product! Coverage is amazing especially for my face filled with acne scars. It is so good that i can skip concealer all together. The finish is flawless and matte which is excellent for my super duper oily skin. After a few hours when my skin starts producing oil, it makes this foundation have a little more luminosity which is great because i look like i have amazing flawless glowing skin. It also lasts the whole entire day with minimal touch ups. The only down side is the ackaging. Wish i came with a pump. But otherwise awesome product. 2 thumbs up!