October 21, 2014 | 2044 users online

Toners - Neutrogena - Alcohol-Free Toner

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2008 2:08:00 PM More reviews by arvlyn

I've tried other toners but keep coming back to this one. The toner has a very light, refreshing floral scent. It has never dried my skin out or made it break out. It doesn't leave a sticky film like so many other alcohol-free toners. I can use it in the winter when my face is dry and in the summer when it's more oily with the same results.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/22/2008 9:59:00 AM More reviews by TakenByHim

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

YIKES I am returning this! I don't have acne prone skin but I am sensitive to some products with fragrance so I should've stayed away from this but I took a chance anyways. It has a very strong floral scent. I had a few very small bumps on my jaws from foundation and they became very irritated after I used this. The bumps started itching a lot. My face was also slightly red the next morning. There's also a bad sticky film after using this. The next day, I bought the Thayers alcohol free lavender toner and after one use, those tiny bumps disappeared and no bad reactions.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2008 3:39:00 PM More reviews by jaime506

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This toner works really well with my sensitive, oil-prone skin. It's non-irritating but still produces a mild tingling sensation. It also clearly wipes away dirt and makeup.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/2/2008 2:27:00 AM More reviews by starnet

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've used this toner for many years. I use it to remove final traces of makeup at the end of the day (after washing face). And I used it right before applying makeup in the morning. Doesn't strip my skin at all, but helps take off oil. When I'm using retinoids, this is the only toner that my skin will tolerate, because others which contain alcohol irritate sensitive skin.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2008 9:20:00 PM More reviews by charlie_leone

its an average but not a bad toner, it leaves no residue, it smell ok !

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/10/2008 3:43:00 PM More reviews by armaclin041584

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have the most sensitive skin so when I ran across this toner, I immediatly purchased it. I give this product an average score because it does have fragance in it. It has not stripped my skin and has not left a residue on my skin also since I started using.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/12/2008 11:47:00 AM More reviews by uyulove

I only used this toner because my mom loves it.

Not me so much...

It's a good basic toner and I actually like the light refreshing smell, but it leaves a sticky film on your face like somebody said!

Pros:
cleans out your pores (you can see it on the cotton ball afterwards, it like cleans out your pores)
pretty cheap
alright packaging
does what its suppose to do
smell?

cons:
sticky filmmm
strips your face of moisture (which is weird because you have a film on your face @.@)
might make you breakout!
smell (depends on if you like the smell or not)

I'm going to change to another toner....

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2008 9:26:00 PM More reviews by deliazamir

this cleanser does its job wonderfully - it thoroughly wiped off residue dirt on my face with just a little product on a few cotton balls. but, this toner consistently left a sticky film which i quite hated. plus the fragrance was not as mild as i thought - in fact the floral scent is pretty strong (like cheap cologne) and i'm not sure i like fragrance sitting on my face in a sticky film. this stuff did not break me out, neither did it prevent future flare-ups. i have finished a bottle of the stuff (i like the packaging color scheme! very unisex... something which i really dig) but i will not be repurchasing. FYI my skin type: dry-combination asian skin living in hot tropical weather.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2008 2:27:00 PM More reviews by harrietkao

I keep returning to this toner. I don't use toner on a regular basis but whenever I start to get the occasional breakout, I become a little more vigilant with my skin care routine, adding a toner and pimple cream, etc. This toner is SUPER gentle yet cleans effectively, removing all the last traces of make up, environmental grime, etc. that Cetaphil (my facial cleanser of choice) doesn't remove. I like the subtle scent of this toner, as well. It's just a great, all-around basic toner for cheap.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/13/2008 11:54:00 AM More reviews by yanks21

Light & refreshing. This toner reminds me a lot of witch hazel. It has a nice smell, and having previously used Clinque's Clarifying Lotion 4, I'm very thankful that I no longer have to deal with that terrible alcohol smell. I didn't give this product 5 stars because I feel that although it does leave my skin feeling clean & soft, it just didn't feel like it was doing much. I almost feel like I'm putting scented water on my face. My thick, acne prone skin likes a little more of a kick, I guess. I'd see this toner working really well for sensitive skin types and teens, due to it being alcohol free and super affordable.