April 19, 2014 | 1557 users online

Bronzers - Estee Lauder - Bronze Goddess

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2006 7:18:00 PM More reviews by Tinkerbell

Love this bronzer!! Got mine at a CCO and I am thrilled...I have been looking for a bronzer that would give me a glow but not to much sparkle and this one does it...Goes on beautifully (I use a kabuki brush, not the tiny one given in the package) and does not look orange or fake on me...Would def buy this again (hopefully at the CCO!!)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2006 10:11:00 AM More reviews by pupster

For the price, you get a lot of product and a nice little brush that fits in the compact. May work for darker or more tanned skin tones but on a PPP this looks really muddy and orange. Too matte and dull looking.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2006 1:31:00 PM More reviews by GJxoxo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

LOVE LOVE LOVE this bronzer!!
My mom headed off to Estee Lauder without me last night but thank GOD she got an entire gift bag filled with goodies for me! =] This was one of the things she got...and it's absolutley stunning. I love that it also contains Talc which controls oils and there's not an overwhelming substance of annoying shimmers. It's gorgeous! Not orange or fake in anyway...just....just lovely. =]

rated 2 of 5 on 7/4/2006 9:27:00 PM More reviews by Aishaa

What an awful bronzer! All it gives is a muddy looking face! I gave it a try after reading all the great reviews here. Sorry, but this will go back to the Estee Lauder counter...! If you are looking for the best, most natural looking bronzer, try either YSL bronzer or La Prairie face bronzer (my favourite!). The prices may seem a bit steep, but the powder is so finely milled, giving the face a healthy, natural glow that cannot be beaten by any other bronzers in the market IMHO!! The YSL compact easily lasts me over a year and so does the La Prairie bronzer. Well worth the price tag.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/26/2006 9:13:00 PM More reviews by nico1000

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This huge compact gives me a natural, sun-kissed glow. I'm self tanning my face so I'm not my usual fair self, so this bronzer looks just gorgeous on me now. I don't know if I'd like it as much if I didn't have the fake tan though, it might be too dark/orange.
It's not matifying, that's for sure, but it's not sparkly either. The brush that comes with it is OK, it deposits a good amount of powder, more than my regular Quo blush brush.
Overall it's a good bronzer, I won't buy again since the compact is so big that I won't be finishing it any time soon.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2006 5:48:00 AM More reviews by SexyMama18

I LOVE THIS BRONZER! It's alot better than MAC's Bronzer. It's really perfect and gives you an instant glow! I love how u can use it anywhere! and the name is so cute. It's very very pricy but definately worth every penny the only thing I don't care for too much is the compact it's HUGE! but I love the mirror. Even though I can't fit the compact into my purse! other than that this is an awesome beautiful bronzer..I hate shimmer blush/bronzers and this has very little shimmer..IT RULES!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2006 3:35:00 PM More reviews by CatMc

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love bronzers, and am always on the lookout for the 'perfect' one. This one comes very close, and it's the one I use most often. I have neutral medium toned skin, and can't do anything with too much yellow or orange. I like the color of Bronze Goddess, not orangey, or muddy. It's sheer, and has a bit of gold shimmer that is not really noticeable on the skin. I fluff it on my upper cheeks, across my nose, and even use it as shadow, and it looks totally natural. I wish the case was smaller, it's a little big for my makeup bag, but it's well made and sturdy, and I do like the half-moon brush--perfect for sweeping the bronzer across my cheeks and the bridge of my nose. Doesn't make me break out or look oily (and I have oily skin). Great product!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/27/2006 2:34:00 PM More reviews by glossgal_01

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I got the bronzer when it first came out and always resort to it when I want to look like a goddess!

I find the brush enclosed in the compact is useless since it deposits too much color so I use a large fluffy powder brush for a natural glow. I'm an NC25-30 and I find with a light hand, I can get a beautiful bronzed look.

Besides a nice, not too orange color, you get sooooo much product for your $$, I doubt I'll ever need another one!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/24/2006 6:13:00 PM More reviews by tjgillham

Awful on my very fair skin. I had gone to the Estee Lauder counter to purchase a new foundation. The SA removed the blush on the one side of my face during the color match so offered to touch things up. She applied this bronzer. I took one look in the mirror at my awful clown cheeks and went straight home to wash my face and reapply my makeup. I was embarresed to have anyone see me. I had huge orange splotches on both cheeks. Yuck - much too dark for my fair skin. Looked so unnatural. Much darker than my natural skin tone - anyone would know it wasn't the real sun.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/11/2006 5:32:00 PM More reviews by joy2uandme

Ok I have no willpower. Was talked into buying this bronzer when I went in for other EL items. SA convinced me I'd love this bronzer. And I do sort of like it. It's better than other bronzers I've tried but I have a small problem with it. It goes on rather sheer(good for my LLL complexion) and looks fab at first but after about 6 hours my pores look huge and my skin looks rough. WTH? Color doesn't exactly turn orange on me but still turns slightly or should I say deepens? And I have n/d skin so it's not an oil issue. I do wish I could get this to look all day like it looks when I first apply it. If someone can help, I'd appreciate some feedback cause I'm still on the fence if I should return this.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No