August 21, 2014 | 1726 users online

Bronzers - Estee Lauder - Bronze Goddess

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/31/2006 6:29:00 PM More reviews by productjunkie76

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have been using for years on top of my cory minerals- it doesn't seem to break me out so i haven't really searched for anything else. i like that it isn't too sparkly.
here are the ingredients
Talc, Zinc Stearate, c12-15 alkyl octanoate, c9-15 fluoroalcohol phosphates, lauroyl lysine, acrylates copolymer, pentaerythrityl, tetraoctanoate, farnesylacetate, farnesol, bisabolol, pathenyl triacetate, BHT, phenoxyethanol, isopropylparaben, butylparaben, isobutylparaben, mica, titanium dioxide, iron oxides.

continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2006 3:19:00 PM More reviews by imsoexcited

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Not too orange and not sparkly. Works great for my medium skin. Big container. Brush sucks, though.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2006 12:41:00 PM More reviews by mz_simmonz

I got this as a gift-with-purchase in a cute container...although it says "bronze goddess" I think it's more on the blushy side in my opinion, but it still makes your cheeks+browbones very pretty if you apply it right. It takes two or three applications to have enough on your face to blend--wish it came in a smoother formula, but it really gives a smooth, matte finish. This is more of a cooler weather bronzer, since it gives a soft, subtle flush.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2006 10:38:00 PM More reviews by xoDiorLubovxo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This bronzer is fabulous! Very natural, matte color that is easy to intensify. I also love the huge compact & the little brush that comes with it is good for blush application or minor touch-ups.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/19/2006 6:39:00 PM More reviews by keumoak

This is my first bronzer so I dont have a basis for comparison. The sunscreens I was using were leaving a very noticeable white cast so I thought a bronzer would help. After looking at the reviews of bronzers I decided to give this one a try. I am asian but light complected. I usually dont wear a foundation just sunscreen and some loose powder on my T zone in am and blotting paper when needed during the day. This bronzer did what I wanted in a round about way. It was too red and brown when I tried to use it as a bronzer but it makes a great blush. I sweep it over my cheek couple of times then without adding any more bronzer, sweep it across chin, around forehead and nose area. I pick up more bronzer sweep across the other cheek couple times then around the neck and collarbone again without adding anymore bronzer. Perfect, a very believable and natural looking color over my face and neck . As a bonus the color stayed fresh and lasted the whole day without touch ups. My regular blush did not come close. I was going to dedicate one of my japonesque powder brush but the enclosed brush was very handy and did the job well. I took 1 lippie bec it was too dark as a straight bronzer for me. The way I am using it, its going to last me for years, and will buy again if still available.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2006 1:45:00 AM More reviews by Aly_Mc

I have been using Estee Lauder's Bronze Goddess powder compact now for about 7 months or so, and I still LOVE it! I have used it EVERY SINGLE DAY (except maybe a couple dayss), in that whole 7 months. I have been using a moisturizer with SPF on my face now for about 6 years, so my face is very WHITE all year long (even if I TRY to tan it in the scorching sun, it stays white!) So I use this and my face is always glowing. A big plus too is that it has never been the result of a breakout, and the color looks so natural on me! I brush it all over my face, with a couple extra sweeps on my cheeks and nose, with a BIG powder brush, and I get compliments on my glowing skin all the time! I feel like such a goddess when I wear it ;) ta ta!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2006 7:18:00 PM More reviews by Tinkerbell

Love this bronzer!! Got mine at a CCO and I am thrilled...I have been looking for a bronzer that would give me a glow but not to much sparkle and this one does it...Goes on beautifully (I use a kabuki brush, not the tiny one given in the package) and does not look orange or fake on me...Would def buy this again (hopefully at the CCO!!)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2006 10:11:00 AM More reviews by pupster

For the price, you get a lot of product and a nice little brush that fits in the compact. May work for darker or more tanned skin tones but on a PPP this looks really muddy and orange. Too matte and dull looking.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2006 1:31:00 PM More reviews by GJxoxo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

LOVE LOVE LOVE this bronzer!!
My mom headed off to Estee Lauder without me last night but thank GOD she got an entire gift bag filled with goodies for me! =] This was one of the things she got...and it's absolutley stunning. I love that it also contains Talc which controls oils and there's not an overwhelming substance of annoying shimmers. It's gorgeous! Not orange or fake in anyway...just....just lovely. =]

rated 2 of 5 on 7/4/2006 9:27:00 PM More reviews by Aishaa

What an awful bronzer! All it gives is a muddy looking face! I gave it a try after reading all the great reviews here. Sorry, but this will go back to the Estee Lauder counter...! If you are looking for the best, most natural looking bronzer, try either YSL bronzer or La Prairie face bronzer (my favourite!). The prices may seem a bit steep, but the powder is so finely milled, giving the face a healthy, natural glow that cannot be beaten by any other bronzers in the market IMHO!! The YSL compact easily lasts me over a year and so does the La Prairie bronzer. Well worth the price tag.