Burt's Bees Almond Milk Beeswax Hand Creme

3.5

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Sweet almond oil, water, beeswax, aloe barbadensis leaf juice, kaolin, fragrance, grapefruit seed extract, stearic acid (vegetable fat), glucose, tocopherol, carrageenan extract, sodium borate, glucose oxidase & lactoperoxidase (natural enzymes)

on 7/30/2006 12:52:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This hand creme smells absolutely amazing! I love almond-scented things, so naturally I'm in love with this scent! It is more of a "heavier" creme so it takes a bit for it to "melt" into your skin, but the moisturizing properties are great. A little bit goes a long way! The white jar with the cow on it is super cute too.

on 7/24/2006 11:37:00 PM

I loved the smell of this in the jar! That is because I love almond milk. I have a friend who hates the smell of almond who found this nauseating. However, I hate that the gorgeous scent dissipates as soon as I massage this into my hand. Also, this takes forever to absorb, is quite incovienent to lug around and is quite unhygenic (with all the re-dipping). I'm now using it as a night treatment, and I apply it on my feet as well. The results are pretty good but I would not be repurchasing this product.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

The almond smell isn't bad, but I find it has a weird almost clay-like smell underneath (and since clay is one of the ingredients, I think that's what I'm smelling.) The problem with this lotion is how greasy it is! It never sinks into your skin and like other people have said, it leaves an oily film on your skin that doesn't seem to go away. After applying, my hands felt dirty. I wouldn't repurchase this, and I am a Burt's Bees fan.

on 7/1/2006 11:33:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I admit, the smell isn't the best. I can't help but think that it smells like a mixture of cardboard and medicine. I do love the texture, though. It's great for dry spots. The smell isn't overwhelming, but I'd like it better in a nicer scent.

on 6/19/2006 10:30:00 AM

Gross! I was so looking forward to loving this creme, but the smell alone steered me away. Incredibly cloying--almost exactly like Sucrets lozenges, an overpowering fake cherry with the tiniest hint of almond. The texture is waxy; very similar to the Carrot Nutritive Day Creme, and after the initial cherry scent faded, smelled like it, too. An even greater crime, in my opinion. I'm losing faith in Burt's Bees these days. Having tried a majority of their products, I'm not impressed. I love their ideals, but their products don't live up to the hype.

on 6/13/2006 1:36:00 PM

I just found this creme recently - I'm in love! The texture is a bit pasty, but it still applies well to the skin. My skin aborbs it very quickly - I have very dry skin - and the moisture stays on for a long time, which I love. After only one application, my skin already looks better! It doens't leave a oily film on my skin after application, and the feel of the creme is not plastic. The smell is very strong, which bothers me a bit, but since the fragrance evaporates very quickly, it's fine. :)

1 jar lasts forever. I use a very small amount and it seems to absorb well for me, no oily hands afterwards. I love the smell (as mentioned before VERY strong almond scent) and it actually makes my hands soft. The only thing I would change would be having it in a tube instead of a jar.

on 6/7/2006 5:21:00 PM

The smell is enough to make up for all the rest. If you don't like the smell, there isn't too much else that's great about the product. It's a very strong almond smell, and most of my friends love it (but one of them wants to gag every time I put it on). Other than that it's greasy, and after about half an hour the moisture is gone. Still, I love the smell of marzipan so much I would repurchase.

on 6/7/2006 1:23:00 AM

I found this cream very disappointing. It smells good in the tub, but once its on my hands it smells odd and unpleasant. The texture is a bit pasty going onto the hands, but not unpleasantly so. What I really hate about this stuff is that it leaves an oily film which refuses to go away. It simply never absorbs. Even after I wash my hands, the oiliness remains! Yuck.

on 5/25/2006 6:41:00 PM

I wouldn't buy this but I do love it to the point where I always sniff the testers if I walk by them in a store :) The smell is absolutely amazing and it does soften my skin. However, it's very heavy and greasy, which is enough to keep me from buying it or even using it often.

Top Rated Burt's Bees Products