Burt's Bees Almond Milk Beeswax Hand Creme

3.5

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Sweet almond oil, water, beeswax, aloe barbadensis leaf juice, kaolin, fragrance, grapefruit seed extract, stearic acid (vegetable fat), glucose, tocopherol, carrageenan extract, sodium borate, glucose oxidase & lactoperoxidase (natural enzymes)

on 9/3/2006 6:39:00 PM

I liked this cream but I don't think I will buy it again. I work with paper all day and need to apply cream several times a day. This is just too thick and greasy and I agree with the person who said it made your hands feel dirty because it does. I feel like I have to wait before I can work again. The jar has lasted awhile. I bought it in January and still have about a third. I've been using it at night which brings a nice result. But I just feel like there are so many other hand creams that are good and cheaper.

on 8/27/2006 10:10:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I love the smell - just like almond extract. It is extremely moisturizing and I loved the texture. If you use too much though it can be greasy and will not absorb. I will definitely by this again.

on 8/8/2006 4:16:00 PM

I love this product! It's a very substantially rich cream. I couldn't believe how much it helped my hands. To apply it quickly--spread it all-over your hands lightly. It doesn't take much. The moisturizing effect lasts even after washing your hands. It has a mediciney almond smell. The fragrance needs to be improved, especially since there are so many wonderful smelling creams nowadays. To me though, the cream is better than any I have ever tried. I've tried the best great hand creams, but I'm surprised at finding such a superior product!

on 8/7/2006 1:53:00 PM

Love this stuff. My boyfriend said he felt like he was putting dessert on his hands... ha ha. It does feel like that initially, but it will absorb. Its a very intense moisturizer and takes some patience to massage it into the skin. I like to put it on my feet and night and wear socks to bed. Really makes a difference. I will buy again once I run out, but this little jar lasts a long, long time.

on 7/30/2006 12:52:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This hand creme smells absolutely amazing! I love almond-scented things, so naturally I'm in love with this scent! It is more of a "heavier" creme so it takes a bit for it to "melt" into your skin, but the moisturizing properties are great. A little bit goes a long way! The white jar with the cow on it is super cute too.

on 7/24/2006 11:37:00 PM

I loved the smell of this in the jar! That is because I love almond milk. I have a friend who hates the smell of almond who found this nauseating. However, I hate that the gorgeous scent dissipates as soon as I massage this into my hand. Also, this takes forever to absorb, is quite incovienent to lug around and is quite unhygenic (with all the re-dipping). I'm now using it as a night treatment, and I apply it on my feet as well. The results are pretty good but I would not be repurchasing this product.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

The almond smell isn't bad, but I find it has a weird almost clay-like smell underneath (and since clay is one of the ingredients, I think that's what I'm smelling.) The problem with this lotion is how greasy it is! It never sinks into your skin and like other people have said, it leaves an oily film on your skin that doesn't seem to go away. After applying, my hands felt dirty. I wouldn't repurchase this, and I am a Burt's Bees fan.

on 7/1/2006 11:33:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I admit, the smell isn't the best. I can't help but think that it smells like a mixture of cardboard and medicine. I do love the texture, though. It's great for dry spots. The smell isn't overwhelming, but I'd like it better in a nicer scent.

on 6/19/2006 10:30:00 AM

Gross! I was so looking forward to loving this creme, but the smell alone steered me away. Incredibly cloying--almost exactly like Sucrets lozenges, an overpowering fake cherry with the tiniest hint of almond. The texture is waxy; very similar to the Carrot Nutritive Day Creme, and after the initial cherry scent faded, smelled like it, too. An even greater crime, in my opinion. I'm losing faith in Burt's Bees these days. Having tried a majority of their products, I'm not impressed. I love their ideals, but their products don't live up to the hype.

on 6/13/2006 1:36:00 PM

I just found this creme recently - I'm in love! The texture is a bit pasty, but it still applies well to the skin. My skin aborbs it very quickly - I have very dry skin - and the moisture stays on for a long time, which I love. After only one application, my skin already looks better! It doens't leave a oily film on my skin after application, and the feel of the creme is not plastic. The smell is very strong, which bothers me a bit, but since the fragrance evaporates very quickly, it's fine. :)