July 25, 2014 | 1192 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Burt's Bees - Almond Milk Beeswax Hand Creme

rated 3 of 5 on 7/1/2006 11:33:00 PM More reviews by bluecaffeine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I admit, the smell isn't the best. I can't help but think that it smells like a mixture of cardboard and medicine. I do love the texture, though. It's great for dry spots. The smell isn't overwhelming, but I'd like it better in a nicer scent.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2006 10:30:00 AM More reviews by kak513

Gross! I was so looking forward to loving this creme, but the smell alone steered me away. Incredibly cloying--almost exactly like Sucrets lozenges, an overpowering fake cherry with the tiniest hint of almond. The texture is waxy; very similar to the Carrot Nutritive Day Creme, and after the initial cherry scent faded, smelled like it, too. An even greater crime, in my opinion. I'm losing faith in Burt's Bees these days. Having tried a majority of their products, I'm not impressed. I love their ideals, but their products don't live up to the hype.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2006 1:36:00 PM More reviews by Bouffe

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I just found this creme recently - I'm in love! The texture is a bit pasty, but it still applies well to the skin. My skin aborbs it very quickly - I have very dry skin - and the moisture stays on for a long time, which I love. After only one application, my skin already looks better! It doens't leave a oily film on my skin after application, and the feel of the creme is not plastic. The smell is very strong, which bothers me a bit, but since the fragrance evaporates very quickly, it's fine. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 6/11/2006 1:19:00 PM More reviews by SuperKarateMonkeyDeathCar

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

1 jar lasts forever. I use a very small amount and it seems to absorb well for me, no oily hands afterwards. I love the smell (as mentioned before VERY strong almond scent) and it actually makes my hands soft. The only thing I would change would be having it in a tube instead of a jar.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/7/2006 5:21:00 PM More reviews by happyhdjm

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The smell is enough to make up for all the rest. If you don't like the smell, there isn't too much else that's great about the product. It's a very strong almond smell, and most of my friends love it (but one of them wants to gag every time I put it on). Other than that it's greasy, and after about half an hour the moisture is gone. Still, I love the smell of marzipan so much I would repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/7/2006 1:23:00 AM More reviews by ms_kevala

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I found this cream very disappointing. It smells good in the tub, but once its on my hands it smells odd and unpleasant. The texture is a bit pasty going onto the hands, but not unpleasantly so. What I really hate about this stuff is that it leaves an oily film which refuses to go away. It simply never absorbs. Even after I wash my hands, the oiliness remains! Yuck.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/25/2006 6:41:00 PM More reviews by ishuku

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I wouldn't buy this but I do love it to the point where I always sniff the testers if I walk by them in a store :) The smell is absolutely amazing and it does soften my skin. However, it's very heavy and greasy, which is enough to keep me from buying it or even using it often.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2006 1:17:00 PM More reviews by Veggieboo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

LOVE THIS CREME!!! Mostly I love the smell :) It smells just like marzipan/almond paste. One of my most favorite scents. It has a nice thick consistancy. I put some on my hands & feet before bed so that I can fall asleep with the scent :) Yeah it's a bit pricey, but I feel it's worth it. I'm sure the ingredients are fantastic. But it's the smell that gets me & I will never be without a jar of it in my house.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/6/2006 6:32:00 PM More reviews by gruveechik

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

OMG i love this stuff.. loved it for years! Just for the pure scrumptious real Almond scent and the super moisturizing benefits. i don't purchase as much b/c just too pricey for me to get every month.. b/c i use hand creme a lot during the day.Makes a splendid gift. continued >>

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/26/2006 6:26:00 PM More reviews by maliastyle

The scent is to die for, if you love almond scents (and how I do!), but that's pretty much where my raves for this product stops. It's much too heavy, and never seems to fully absorb, no matter how long I wait, leaving a film over my hands. If a hand cream is going to be heavy duty, I almost expect it to double as a cuticle cream. I've found that in other products, but not this one. I wish it worked better, for I love the marzipan scent. Oh if only Lippmann Collection's Rich Girl was almond scented...!