December 19, 2014 | 1470 users online

Concealers - Estee Lauder - Double Wear Stay-in-Place Concealer

rated 4 of 5 on 3/26/2011 10:01:00 PM More reviews by pinkrose838

Sooooo not worth the price. It's very pink toned (medium 3), and being a golden, tan girl, this definitely does not work. I even tried it under my eyes thinking it would cancel the blue undertones in that area. Unfortunately, it soon becomes very. very cakey and doesn't even provide as much coverage as Revlon's Age Defying in medium.
Ever since starting to use a moisturizer before concealer, i've found that this is actually very, very good at concealing under the eyes and does not cake up... at all. It's pretty high coverage, but doesn't totally cover my hereditary dark circles.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2011 7:37:00 PM More reviews by neonpen

I really like this concealer. I have it in light/medium. It matches my skintone pretty well and it doesn't fade easily. I will def repurchase this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2011 5:49:00 PM More reviews by babykitten9

A very good concealer (I have it in 01 Light) for any imperfections you might have on your face (I normally have quite a few, though no bad breakouts anymore). It covers, blends and stays on very well!
I can't use it as my under-eye concealer as it accentuates every single tiny wrinkle I have. Other than that it's great!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/25/2011 2:37:00 AM More reviews by abusleb

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

It's quite long-lasting and does the job. Has spf 10.
One major problem though is that it can be drying to the delicate skin under the eyes, even if you use a moisturizer prior to application. It dries and creates little lines. :(

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2011 11:13:00 AM More reviews by lovebeat

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love this product! I have sensitive skin and this product along with ester Lauder double wear foundation keeps my skin breakout free. This product is easy to use I just apply it to the places I want to conceal and blend it in and my skin looks flawless which is difficult to do because I have many acne scars and an uneven skintone. I wish there was a larger colour range but the product is so good and stays on all day. Definitely recommend !

rated 2 of 5 on 2/18/2011 7:45:00 AM More reviews by lkjhg

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I'm still getting to grips with applying this - I always find long wear concealers hard to apply (less emollience, I guess), and this doesn't spread particularly easily on the skin. But it's not impossible, and once on, looks very good, and stays on better than any other concealer I've tried. The first day, I was very surprised to notice, as I prepared to take my make up off, that my under-eye shadows were still covered and there was no streaking, shine or clumping up. I like this style of packaging for concealers too. I would re-buy.
EDIT: I stopped using this when it became (in name only) "Flawless" DW etc concealer. It's now pretty much useless. The Collection (2000) one is much better at a sixth of the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2011 6:59:00 AM More reviews by mojo90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

really nice concealer. i have bad undereye circles and this concealer covers them but it looks so natural, like i wouldn't even wear concealer. texture and packaging are great. i have the lightest color which matches my skintone perfectly

rated 4 of 5 on 2/13/2011 7:47:00 PM More reviews by tightkitty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Grey

They only had this in 4 shades. The darkest shade is to dark and the shade lighter then that is way to light, for how wonderful EL foundations and thier concealer is they should have more shades.Even tho it was to dark I tried to make it work and failed but it was a good concealer to bad theres no shade for me :(

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2011 3:18:00 PM More reviews by lilyzee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This is really the best concealer for undereye circles. Ever!! I may have said the same about the BB corrector that I used before, but this is wayy better than that! The consistency and coverage is more natural and when they say double wear the really mean DOUBLE WEAR. It really lasts and lasts! I love it! Really everything you could ask for in a concealer!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2011 7:41:00 PM More reviews by MamtaAUB

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Finally, finally, finally. Thank you MakeupAlley-ers! I have been search for a concealer for my undereyes that does NOT:

-cake
-look wihitish cast
-COVERS!

while looking natural...and ta-dah! This is THE one. I have tried MAC, Bobbi Brown, Laura Mercier, and even have almost a full tube of the Cle De Peau..and this stuff blows it all out of the water.

I don't normally wear anything but sunscreen and bronzer during the day..and this covers while looking natural and blended without a foundation over it. I like that it still looks natural even with the foundation for night time coverage.

I only use this for dark circles because thankfully my skin is pretty clear...and i just have finally found a HG for concealers.

Thank you again ladies...and this is only $20 compared to my $75 CDP one..boo to you CDP..your concealer doesn't deserve all the great accolades it has..it's too heavy/caky..and doesn't even fully cover!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No