August 30, 2014 | 1788 users online

Concealers - Estee Lauder - Double Wear Stay-in-Place Concealer

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2011 12:48:00 AM More reviews by RitzyWoman

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

LOVEEEE this stuff, goes on great with the sponge tip applicator. It doesn't crease into the lines below my eyes. It gives great coverage on undereye circles & acne blemishes. It does stay in place all day & blends nicely without becoming flaky or too dry. Two thumbs up for this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2011 11:53:00 PM More reviews by VegasDiamond28

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Ok, so I've tried a million concealers. Lol, k not literally but that's how I feel! I got so tired of trying out these concealers that were raved about by ppl on multiple sites as being "the best." I've tried Cle de Peau, Amazing Concealer, Timebalm concealer, Studio finish & select cover (mac), Too faced absolutely flawless (ina tube), sonia kashuk's hidden agenda palette, benefit's boi-ing, be well rested, urban decay's 24/7 concealer pencil, bobbi brown's corrector, and I'm just naming these off the top of my head. If I really put thought into it, the list would be crazy and I haven't even gotten to the drug store one's yet, lol. I'm not sayin' that all these concealers were bad. But they didn't have the whole package that I was looking for. Since I don't wear any foundation, I need my concealer to look as natural as possible. I need really great coverage, long wear, non drying, blendability and no creasing. I think we all can agree on wanting these things, right? Are we asking too much? Well, Double Wear is just about perfect on having the whole package. It doesn't suck the moisture out of my skin (doesn't give it any, either), it gives really great coverage, looks sooooo natural (best applied w/a duo fiber brush like MAC's #130), lasts until I take it off, matches my skin tone, and barely creases if at all. I absolutely looooove it. It's also affordable considering how long it lasts. It retails for around $20. Some ppl complain about the packaging, but I actually like the doe foot applicator cause I get just the right amount needed.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2011 4:55:00 PM More reviews by amberterri

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Green

i bought this concealer about 2 weeks ago and i am liking it so far. the coverage is medium which is perfect for me to cover up my mild undereye darkness and my pimples. the only thing i don't like is the application wand, i would of preferred a tube or pot, however the consistancy is lovely and it looks natural on your skin. Like the ELDW foundation, it stays on all day and still looks great after many hours. i only rated it down because of the wand applicator and the price. £18 is expensive especially as you only get 7ml! Overall a nice concealer i will consider buying again :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2010 10:26:00 PM More reviews by Lalie

I was hooked on the EL Extreme Cover for 3.5 years. i thought nothing could tear me away from that product, until I discovered Double Wear Stay-In-Place Concealer! I went to the EL counter to buy some more and the sales lady encouraged me to try this product! She said the Extreme Cover had been reformulated and was too much coverage for me. After trying the Double Wear, I am very impressed. Wow! I like it even better than my old product and it has amazing coverage. I have dark circles and it does wonders and stays in place all day. Also, I am very prone to milia and clogged pores and it does not cause those whatsoever!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2010 4:01:00 PM More reviews by hesperus

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have dark circles which are emphasized due to my eyes being deep set. This is my HG concealer and I have tried countless of them. It is very pigmented, does not look cakey at all even if I apply more layers, has a rather thick consistency and dries upon application which gives it a good staying power and makes it very transfer-resistant. A word of warning, though: you do have to use a moisturizer underneath, even if your skin is oily. I have noticed that not all moisturizers work well with this concealer, I personally use Paula's Choice Pure Mineral Sunscreen SPF 15 which is rich in silicones. I suspect silicone-rich moisturizers/serums are a much better basis for this concealer than oil-rich moisturizers. The concealer does emphasize fine lines and wrinkles, another reason to use a silicone basis for this. A side note: if you have problems with fine lines around the eyes do try to use a retinol/retinoic acid cream in that area, that has helped me a lot. I use Skinceuticals Retinol 1.0 which contains 1% retinol but that might be too much for a beginner. They also make a 0.5% cream that might be a good starting point. And don't forget sunscreen during the day even if you're staying indoors. Mineral sunscreen works best around the eyes because it is not irritating.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2010 11:59:00 AM More reviews by Shazzer1976

I have this in two shades - Light and Light Medium. I don't really need it that often and I can't see me ever using these up. The only reason I have two containers of it is because one of them came in an eyemakeup set. I was advised that a good way to use these up is to blend them with an eye pencil and then use it as a base for smokey eyes. (I've never tried it.)

It is very thick and this would put me off using it around my eyes, although other people have done and apparently it is fine. The sales assistant told me it would cover up scars. Thankfully I never really have anything that extreme to cover up though it is great for the odd spot and the redness I have been afflicted with lately!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2010 8:45:00 AM More reviews by Valerie91

This is easily the best concealers I have used by myself ever. It lasts and conceals for a really long time. However it is true I am lucky to fit in its shade range. Someone with pinker skin may have a problem with it (it is rather yellow-ish in its lightest shade but it also conceals blue too).
I had to take points off for the package because you will lose product and money and the tip of the sponge came of when the bottle was half full (too early).
But if you fit in the shades and you want a smudge proof long lasting concealer there are few as good as this one.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/9/2010 8:42:00 AM More reviews by madnicole

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Ok - so I love love love this concealer however there are some positives and negatives to it…

Pros - Best concealer I have ever used to cover dark circles or blemishes (and I have used Cle de Peau, Giorgio Armani, many MAC, all Lancome, MUFE etc). It stays all day, doesn't crease under eyes (yes really!), covers easily, very pigmented, covers blemishes as well as under eyes (not many do both), good colour range, great consistency…

Cons - OXIDISES! Couldn't believe it, I love this concealer, and when worn with foundation is perfect, when worn on bare skin it turns a lovely shade of orange 5 minutes after applying it!!! Can be slightly drying, however I always use eye cream under it so have never really had a problem.

So, due to the oxidisation, I now only use it when wearing foundation, and use something else (MUFE lift, Cle de Peau or Benefit Erase Paste) when more bare faced….I do still love it because it covers better, with less product, less creasing and less fading than any other concealer I have tried...

rated 3 of 5 on 12/9/2010 7:29:00 AM More reviews by kanska

Well, it is definitely one of the better concealors i have tried. However, many a times, 10 minutes after application i find that it has become very cakey and blotchy. Also, the moisturising under it has to be adequate or it looks terrible. Will tyr to find a better concealor on my next purchase!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2010 4:15:00 PM More reviews by simplisticcindy

Just bought a tube of this concealer and I love it. Previously I've tried Mac Pro Longwear concealer and it cannot compare to this. I thought since I loved the DW foundation so why not try their concealer. Sure enough, it turned out so much better than I had expected. I used Desert Beige in DW foundation so I bought this is in Light-Medium and they matched perfectly with each other.

Update: They recently came out with more shades. If you're a Desert Beige in DW, I would recommend you get the Warm Light-Medium shade which is #8 I believe instead of #2 as #2(Light-Medium) has more of a pink tone to it. #8 has more of a yellow tone.