BeneFit Cosmetics Dandelion

4.1

Ingredients: talc, mica, calcium aluminum borosicicate, polyethylene, titanium dioxide (CI 77891), magnesium myristate, pentaerythrityl tetraethylhexanoate, C9-15 fluoroalcohol phosphates, zinc stearate, octyldodecyl stearoyl stearate, phenoxyethanol, bis-diglyceryl polyacryladipate-2, squalane, carmine (CI 75470), lecithin, iron oxides (CI 77491), methylparaben, tocopheryl acetate, fragrance (parfum), glycine soja (soybean) oil, tocopherol, iron oxides (CI 77492), BHT, retinyl palmitate, butylparaben, ethylparaben, limonene, alumina, isobutylparaben, propylparaben, linalool, hexyl cinnamal, benzyl salicylate, citral butylphenyl methylpropional, citronellol, eugenol.

on 2/6/2012 10:36:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Sometimes the hype produced by MUA'ers over a certain product is spot-on, other times not so much. This is one of those not so much times for me.

Beautiful color but the high-end, snobby, brush that comes with it it pretty well useless at picking up the product. No wonder this product "lasts forever". You can hardly get anything on the brush. Do yourself a favor - get a regular blush brush for this & let your dog eat the brush - handle & all like mine did! Uggh!!! :-(

I've put this item up for swap after only 5 uses & $28.00 later. So not worth the $$ or the hype. Well at least my dog liked the brush!! :-)

on 2/2/2012 6:22:00 PM

i've had this blush forever and i used to use it all the time. then, for reasons unknown, i stopped using it for probably 3 years. the other day i was cleaning out old makeup and found this bad boy. i tried it out again it's perfectttt! i'm an nw/nc 15-20 so wearing blush is extra tricky and often results in looking sunburnt. dandelion is perfect for my skintone and i'm so happy i've rekindled the flame. i would say it's between a light pink and a peach with very subtle shimmer. it blends out very nicely and doesn't look fake on my alabaster skin. i've heard darker skintones will use dandelion as a highlighter and i'm sure it's very pretty like that also. i kind of love and hate benefit because their packaging is so cute but so impractical. i believe they've started making the blush containers a bit different though so hopefully they're more sturdy. i believe i paid $28 for this when i got it which seems like a lot, but i still have a ton of product left. overall great blush for us super pale ladies.

on 2/1/2012 9:59:00 PM

When it comes to the actual product, this is one of my favorite blushes!! I am still in love with the color which is a light, soft, baby pink, with mauve and a light golden sheen. Although it looks powdery it doesn't once it is on my skin and its my favorite for winter when my skin is beyond pale. So easy to swipe on two layers and instantly brighten the face and in my opinion looks as good as it can on my face at least lol..
But like other say I am glad I recieved this in the 500 point perk because it's really overpriced and only 5 gs i think... not that much. And the packaging is soooo damn cute! Except also annoying because if the lid closes wrong it will stab the blush and break it. (happened to me)
Mauvey pink blushes are getting more popular like nars released one so I might try out a different brand before buying this again.

on 1/30/2012 6:41:00 PM

Firstly the packaging of this product is brilliant, nice addition to any make up bag.
However, it is far too expensive for what it is.
A very strange colour looks nice I'm the box but is so light on the face it is almost non existent! I have to put alot on! Purchased recently so will use until its finished, wouldn't re-buy.

on 1/25/2012 4:53:00 AM

I love this because it just gives a faint color to my cheeks. I'm quite fair so it's still noticeable, but not super pigmented that I'd end up looking weird if I swiped it more than I usually do.

on 1/22/2012 6:39:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

One of my first blushes. I'm very fair, and this barely shows up on me, but it does give me a nice pinky glow. This is why I don't use this as a blush on it's own. It needs something to spice it up. I wear BB bronzer in light (or Benefit Hoola), layer Dandelion on top, and ad BB pale pink on the apples of my cheeks. This is a great summer look. Packaging sucks, the brush is worthless, but the color is very pretty for fair skinned girls. Not a must-have for me though. I've since found other pinks that standout more.

on 1/22/2012 12:15:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I would always be tempted by how cute BeneFit's Boxed Powders looked while browsing Sephora, but I don't particularly like BeneFit products as a whole so I never made a purchase. I received 'Dandelion' for my 500 point perk, and to sum it up, I'm glad that I didn't buy it.

The color is like a light mauvey-pink with subtle shimmer. Being an NC42, it was pretty obvious that this product could not be used as a blush for me, but I figured that I could either use it as highlighter or use it in my professional kit on my fair skinned clients. WRONG.

On myself, it's too dark for highlighter and too light for blush. So I tried using this on my friend who is SUPER pale and it still left something to be desired. I mean it packed a better punch than bare cheeks, don't get me wrong, but she definitely could have benefited from something a bit deeper and healthier looking. The only possibly use that I can think of for 'Dandelion' is dusting it all over the face after makeup for a subtle glow. But I could never justify paying $40 just to do that when I could simply mix liquid luminizer into my foundation or use my regular highlighter. Unless you're literally an albino, 'Dandelion' is pretty much pointless.

And just to comment on the boxed powders as a whole; They look very enticing and adorable, but don't be fooled. When you open the box it's only about 1/4 full of actual product -_- And it contains a useless flat brush that makes you feel like you're scraping your face with a broom. The texture of these powders is very chalky as well. I find it brushes right off of the skin quite easily.

This product just gives me another reason to dislike BeneFit products...Lol. Total miss for me (on the plus side it does have a lovely scent though).

on 1/21/2012 2:49:00 PM

I don't use this product as a blush, instead I dust a light amount all over my face right after I finish putting on all my makeup and it gives my face a nice radiance. Its like an allover highlighter for your face. Also, I loooove the smell, as everyone has noted. I find the scent very calming. I've had mine for about 4 years now and I have yet to hit pan and I use it about 5x a week - but as I said just a light dusting all over my face. So really, its not that expensive when you think of how long the product lasts you. I will definitely repurchase this product when I do run out.

This is not a typical blush for a lot of people cuz the pretty pink color won't just show off like crazy pinky, but I do find it nice to brush on a bigger area to perk up the whole face,. For my fairly ligt skin, I found it perfect to give a just after a work out blush and I really liked this. It's also a big box so will last a long time, but like other benefit products, it's quite pricy.

on 1/14/2012 10:42:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I don't understand this blush. It doesn't show up on my skin at all, it is soft and looks like a nice colour in the box. I'm really pale so if it doesn't show up on me then I'm not sure who it would work for, maybe a highlight for dark skin. I'm NC15/20/MUFE 115.

Popular Blush Products