Burt's Bees Lemon Butter Cuticle Cream

4.3

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

***NEW FORMULA: sweet almond oil, beeswax, lemon peel oil, cocoa seed butter, candelilla wax, tocopherol, sunflower seed oil, rosemary leaf extract, soybean oil, beta-carotene, canola oil, vegetable oil. ***ORIGINAL FORMULA: Sweet Almond Oil, Beeswax, Lemon Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tocopherol Vitamin E, Cocoa Butter, Candelilla Wax, Rosemary Extract, Beta Carotene

This wax-like substance will moisturize the cuticles. I find it great for moisturizing my bare nails, too. Definitely softens things up so you can easily push back the cuticle. I noticed if you use any more than a tiny bit it just sits there until it gets transferred onto something else.
I don't need a special cuticle cream- I am trying to streamline my beauty process. I prefer using oils when it comes to nourishing my cuticles; I think oils absorb better for me and do just as good of a job.

on 4/11/2011 7:07:00 PM

This stuff is great! It works very well, and smells heavenly. And its natural. The only thing I don't like is it comes in a tin, and sometimes I have a hard time getting the lid on and off. I wish it came in a glass or plastic jar with a screw on lid. This stuff is great.

on 4/2/2011 8:34:00 PM

Package: round tin that fits into the palm of your hand (17 grams/.60 oz)
Price: I guess it varies, but I got mine for around $10 (Canadian), which is not bad

Claim: "Intensive care for dry cuticles, brittle nails and chapped, cracked fingertips. Message into and around nails often".

My Experience: Loves it! I rub it onto my cuticles and the tip of my fingers once a day before bed and within a few days, I've had beautiful, commercial worthy cuticles! This is fantastic for the ladies and gentleman that have peeling skin around the nail area (especially during the winter). It lasts forever, and for the price, pretty friggin worth it.

on 4/2/2011 9:59:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Due to my work, I have to wash my hands a bazillion times a day. I'm outside in all kinds of harsh weather, and my hands just take a beating.

Lemon Butter Cuticle Cream is a life saver. My cuticles get very dry and cracked and painful but this stuff fixes it almost instantly. And a small little tin lasts forever.

I've been trying LUSH Lemony Flutter Cuticle Butter and I don't like it nearly as much as Burt's Bees Cuticle Cream. I'll keep coming back to this forever.

on 4/2/2011 6:16:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

To be honest, I am NOT a patient person, I don't use things religiously to see if it works. Things either work or end up in trash cans. I forgot when I bought this, but it stays in my bin for a while because it really works. Whenever I have chapped/cracked skin, either on my fingers or toes, I will just massage this into it. I usually did it just once or twice, and BOOM! The skin is healed the next day! I like fast-working potent product like this.

on 3/31/2011 11:58:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I should begin this review by saying that if a product works really well, I don't care if it is natural or dripping with synthetic chemicals. That being said, I love this! My nails have never recovered from a round of Accutane several years ago. They got very bad this winter and were peeling off in layers and breaking off. Someone suggested this to me and I have been religiously using it on nails and cuticles many times a day for a couple weeks now. My nails have done a complete 180. They still aren't perfect but I've seen a 90% improvement. They aren't peeling nearly as much and have quit breaking off. I also use this on my lips before bed and I wake up to soft, smooth lips (Accutane permanently dried them out too). I love the smell, like yummy lemon drops. This is definitely HG status for me and I highly recommend this.

on 3/28/2011 9:24:00 PM

This is a great cuticle product...keeps them soft and healthly looking.

on 3/26/2011 10:27:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I am sooo glad I bought this stuff!! I seriously have this little giddy happy feeling every time I use it lol. I think maybe it has to do with the lemon scent, or maybe because I keep thinking about how amazing my cuticles will be after I keep using it.

I recently started taking care of my nails. I got a mani and pedi to start it all off so I can keep it up myself. I heard somewhere that you can tell how well someone takes care of themselves by looking at their nails. If that saying rings true, then I have a lot of caring to do! LOL. Before the mani, my cuticles were horrid! Dry and gross and the hangnails! I get tons of hang nails! So I really am hoping that this will keep my nails in shape. So far it is doing a good job and I love the scent!

on 3/19/2011 9:48:00 PM

i use this along with rosebud salve for my cuticles twice a day and they look so much better, its amazing...

I prefer cuticle oils. This product tends to get very dirty because you're constantly sticking your fingers in it and rubbing it in order to get the product. I must say, it smells AMAZING! I don't feel it works as well as oils though. Overall, I like it but I've tried better.

Popular Treatments