Burt's Bees Lemon Butter Cuticle Cream

4.3

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

***NEW FORMULA: sweet almond oil, beeswax, lemon peel oil, cocoa seed butter, candelilla wax, tocopherol, sunflower seed oil, rosemary leaf extract, soybean oil, beta-carotene, canola oil, vegetable oil. ***ORIGINAL FORMULA: Sweet Almond Oil, Beeswax, Lemon Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tocopherol Vitamin E, Cocoa Butter, Candelilla Wax, Rosemary Extract, Beta Carotene

on 6/5/2011 6:29:00 PM

Works great! Great smell. Saves my husbands hangnails. Now he no longer chews his dry hangnails to death.

on 6/2/2011 7:55:00 PM

Bought the silver tin from eBay. It wasn't as buttery or creamy as I'd like, more of a hard waxy consistency. You need to press fairly hard to get enough product on your finger for application.

It doesn't melt into your cuticle as I think cuticle creams should. It just goes on greasy and stays there. This is very inconvenient if you're applying it in the middle of the day and you need your fingers for stuff. You will definitely smear grease onto your stuff and wipe off most of the product before it gets absorbed. I recommend applying this at night, before you go to bed.

That said, if you apply this every day, your cuticles WILL become nicely conditioned over time so yes it is rather effective in the end. It's not what I'd hoped it'd be, but it does the job.

on 6/1/2011 2:34:00 AM

I adore this product! It's the only thing I use for my nails. I'm not a big fan of Burt's bees, but this one is a winner. It comes in a cute tin, it lasts forever and it's very moisturising for my cuticles. I tried different cuticle oils but I didn't find them very moisturising. Lemon butter has a hard consistency, so you have to rub it a little to get it on your fingers. Oh, and it smells just delicious.

on 6/1/2011 12:22:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This works great to moisturize cuticles, though it feels a little greasy at first when it's on my fingers. I have to avoid touching my computer or my phone or else I'll just get grease on them. It works well on what it's supposed to do but you have to use it religiously for it to work well - it's not a quick fix. To see true and lasting results I suggest using it every night for a week... and then a few times a week after that.
The packaging is convenient and makes sure you don't waste any product. I would recommend to a friend, however I like the cuticle cream from bath and body works better. It just feels like it moisturized better.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

I've been using this for almost a year now and I really like it. Melts into my cuticles to really moisturize, smells divine and product lasts a long time. Will repurchase.

Reading through the previous comments, I'm assuming I got the new formula in the silver/yellow tin. It's awful. It's not creamy, it's ... hard? I find it difficult to get a nice amount out, and it doesn't seem to work quite as well as everyone's hyped it up to be. Bought it for 8CAD at Zellers, found it for 3CAD at Winners, but I've left it in a pile of stuff I just... don't use.

on 4/29/2011 10:18:00 PM

I've been painting my nails way too much. My cuticles and I have never managed to get along so now with all the painting and removing of nail polish I am sure they want to just scream. Enter Burt's Lemon Butter Cuticle Cream to the rescue. I really just to need buy this in bulk and leave a tin at my desk, in my car, in my purse, on my nightstand and in the medicine cabinet. It is that good and it makes
me want some lemon curd everytime.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Amazing! The smell is fantastic(It smells like Lemon Starburst) and it actually works, It soothes and softens my cuticles and makes my hands and nails look terrific; It's great for a full manicure experience at home in a very natural and cruelty-free way.

This wax-like substance will moisturize the cuticles. I find it great for moisturizing my bare nails, too. Definitely softens things up so you can easily push back the cuticle. I noticed if you use any more than a tiny bit it just sits there until it gets transferred onto something else.
I don't need a special cuticle cream- I am trying to streamline my beauty process. I prefer using oils when it comes to nourishing my cuticles; I think oils absorb better for me and do just as good of a job.

on 4/11/2011 7:07:00 PM

This stuff is great! It works very well, and smells heavenly. And its natural. The only thing I don't like is it comes in a tin, and sometimes I have a hard time getting the lid on and off. I wish it came in a glass or plastic jar with a screw on lid. This stuff is great.