November 23, 2014 | 1912 users online

Treatments - Burt's Bees - Lemon Butter Cuticle Cream

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 2/9/2011 7:33:00 PM More reviews by xkatherinemintie

The best part of this product has to be the smell. It's divine. It definitely makes my cuticles & nails look nice, not quite as nice as regular cuticle oil but the scent makes it worth using. It really smells like fresh lemons or lemonade, not at all like anything synthetic or chemical. I have to apply it more frequently than regular cuticle oil - I usually apply this product before bed each night. This is a great alternative to cuticle oil though, because it's a balm not a liquid, so application is much less messy and can be done anywhere.

The packaging is cute but not as functional as I'd like. As with so many other burt's bees products, this would be better in a stick than in a tin. Although the tin looks small, it will last a very long time. Definitely worth the $6, but you could never tell by just looking at the size.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2011 6:26:00 PM More reviews by bethb216

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I picked this up at Walgreens for about 6 bucks the other day, after reading tons of MUA reviews. Previously I had been using plain grape seed oil on my cuticles, however, while it works great, it is really greasy.

This cuticle cream comes in a cute, travel friendly round tin that opens easily but stays securely shut when not in use.

The cuticle cream is thick, and waxy, and smells like real, natural Meyer lemons, not that artificial lemon citronella smell that Lush's lemony flutter has.

a few swipes of this on my cuticles keeps them in shape and prevents hangnails, all without leaving greasy fingerprints on everything I touch.

While the tin was about 6 bucks, which could be a little steep, the amount of product you use per application, means this should last months. I'm pleased, and would purchase again.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/18/2011 11:49:00 AM More reviews by caitiear

Good cuticle cream. I definitely notice a difference after using it - my cuticles are softer and less prone to cracking in the cold winter months. A little oily and doesn't get fully absorbed right away, so good to use it at night so it can soak in overnight. The packaging is a little less than ideal - it can be hard to open and it's awkward to close with greasy fingers after you apply the cream. I have the yellow tin.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2011 7:45:00 PM More reviews by skinnie302

This product is great for dry cracked cuticles and dry nails. It smells nice, like lemon curd. I like to use it at night b/c it is a tad greasy but it's full of oils, what do you expect!?

rated 3 of 5 on 1/2/2011 9:59:00 PM More reviews by puppyl0ve9

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I had a very strong urge to buy BB's Lemon Butter Cuticle Cream (CC), even though I had JUST BOUGHT Lush's Lemony Flutter (LF). A comparison purchase for kicks.

Thoughts on CC (silver tin?): Its a balm. It takes a while to rub onto the balm to get a decent amount of product (and rubbing) that would be absorbed into the one finger/hand. It seems its only good on the cuticles, no where else. I tried applying it to a dry spot, not as nourishing. The smell is like the lemony scent you get from a wet-nap. CC does its purpose well, but I guess its the ONLY thing it does. I do remember why I bought it, I tend to keep it in my purse while I have LF stashed at home.

I like LF better. I bought CC for about $6 which weighs in .6 oz. Meanwhile, LF is 1.5 oz at $14.95, multipurpose, AND smells better.

My cuticles better be in their best shape with all this butter!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2010 2:19:00 AM More reviews by aminorsmurf

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I SWEAR by this product! I love the smell, I love how it makes my nails feel and look, and I love how it actually improves the condition of my nails instead of just making them LOOK healthy. Wonderful product.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2010 2:34:00 PM More reviews by caleee143

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

First off, I have the version in the silver tin. It's an 'okay' product for me, good enough for a quick touch up if you're out and about. However, I don't feel as if it works all that well by it's self. After asking someone how to get rid of hangnails, they said to moisturize A LOT!! So I actually put on a cuticle oil first, then this balm and I'll have good looking cuticles for the rest of the day. I'm not a big fan of having to jump through hoops to make things work so I probably will not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/20/2010 9:02:00 PM More reviews by newkie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I don't normally buy cuticle cream, but got this as a gift so gave it a shot. The verdict is I love the packaging and smell. Not too sure that it softens cuticles, but it's fun using it so I'd probably buy it again though $6 seems a little steep for something so tiny.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/14/2010 11:57:00 PM More reviews by Theory

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought the one in the yellow tin. Some of the ingredients are: sunflower oil, vegetable oil, rosemary leaf oil. I have only had this for four days... I havn't been using everyday so I havn't seen much of an improvement with my cuticles of course. I bought this after reading the reviews on MAU. Perhaps it hasn't grown on me yet but I don't see what the big deal is. I guess the packaging is nice; it will fit in your purse and you can apply it whenever..(kinda like lip balm for your nails :p) The consistency is a little bit too waxy for me, it seems to linger on the surface of the skin (you got to really massage it in) Also it is suppose to be beneficial to run into your nails too but I wear nail polish all the time so it won't be helping the health of my nails.. It's ok.. I'll keep you guys updated if I see a miraculous difference with my cuticles

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/13/2010 11:23:00 PM More reviews by thebobcat64

This does make my cuticles soft, but I'm not sure if I would repurchase. I want to try the one that LUSH makes next. I think I got the original formula, because I bought it online. It smells very good and I have been using it everyday. My nails do look healthier than before.