November 23, 2014 | 2019 users online

Moisturizers - Clinique - Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 2 of 5 on 4/30/2012 8:26:00 PM More reviews by dogdaze

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I didn't get the hype when I was in my 20's and several decades later I still don't. My skin was normal then, normal-to-dry now. I don't have sensitive skin so no issues there. But quite unremarkable nevertheless. Any decent d/s product is more then comparable.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/29/2012 4:57:00 PM More reviews by missminikat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I found this to be a very average product. It didn't blow me away, but it wasn't complete garbage. However, the negatives were enough to keep me from repurchasing. At this point, I'm just using it to finish it up.

First, it wasn't moisurizing enough. Normally I wouldn't hold this against a product if it was intended for a variety of skin types but the packaging specifically says, "for very dry to dry combination skin." I have dry skin (not even very dry) and just found this wasn't hydrating enough. While it does apply nicely, absorbs fast and wears well under makeup, I expect my moisturizer to actually moisturize. Also, it stinks! I tried not to let it bother me as it's supposed to be fragrance free but this is the worst smelling unscented moisturizer I've ever come across.

Final verdict: save your money for something better. I've used drug store moisturizers better than this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2012 9:29:00 PM More reviews by Alfordalice

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

It does the job, pure and simple. I don't get dry flakes. It absorbs into my skin, doesn't leave a greasy feel, doesn't interfere with my makeup. Just a great moisturizer.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/19/2012 2:25:00 PM More reviews by lolle

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

First of all, I can't believe that there are 161 reviews from people with oily skin!? the back of the bottle even says "for very dry to dry skin" so for all the people wondering why their oily face has got oilier is there really any wonder? Rant over! My skin is dry but can be very dry especially after a shower, and I have very red cheeks and blotchy skin. I find this moisturiser to be quite thick which is awesome for my skin because it makes it feel moisturised. I use the 3 step system and try to put my moisturiser on straight after toner or spritz my face with water. Most of the time I will need 2-3 layers of this because my skin literally eats anything I put on my face, but this is the only moisturiser that actually keeps my face moisturised allllllll the way until the next day when it's time to do my make-up (I sometimes even skip moisturiser in a morning because I'm still moisturised). My problems with this product is the fact I have to use so much, so I can see me going through this fast and it's not the cheapest of moisturisers. Secondly, the pump is a bit pump happy! I don't know if I have a faulty pump but I can't control how much comes out and it literally just squirts it across the room! All in all though I adore this and I would totally buy again!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/19/2012 2:03:00 PM More reviews by chelsealabelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I picked this up on an impulse buy while at Sephora (it was at the front, by the registers...maybe it was a marketing plan to try to get rid of the lotion because they know it sucks.) I have very dry, sensitive skin, so it's hard finding products that will be extra-moisturizing AND not make me break out in a rash/swell up/be in pain. I usually trust Clinique with its 'allergy-free, dermatologist tested' products; I thought I'd finally found the perfect product with my new tube of Dramatically Different lotion. I couldn't have been more wrong. I should have read the reviews on MakeupAlley and learned about the bad reaction to sensitive skin, before I suffered it myself. Lesson learned.

When I got home and tried it, I noticed that it doesn't blend very evenly. It was very gummy and sticky, and it even felt a little bit grainy. A few hours later, I noticed that my face felt swollen, but I thought nothing of it; after all, the product says it's for 'very dry to dry combination skin', so maybe this was its way of working its magic. Um, no. The next day, my skin where the product was applied was totally red and swollen. A few days later, that skin flaked off and peeled (which was a VERY painful experience, by the way).

A week and a half later, my skin is JUST getting back to normal. It's still peeling, but it's not red anymore and isn't swollen or in pain. Did I mention how disappointed I am in this product? Clinique definitely dropped the ball with this one; I was shocked to have had such an adverse reaction to a brand I usually have such good results with. Needless to say, I DEFINITELY will not be purchasing this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/17/2012 9:00:00 PM More reviews by beautifulmindsdream

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I like the clinique moisturizer. It makes my skin feel really moisturized and applying it wasn't dreadful and it spread easily. I'm not a fan of the pump just because i feel that it drips down the side.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/17/2012 8:27:00 PM More reviews by FayeYao

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I think it is an okay and average moisturizer -- it moisturizes my skin but my face always feels a little tight after applying it. It doesn't clog my pores or anything, nor does it improve my overall skin condition. I'm not sure if I will repurchase it -- I have repurchased it before but now that I've heard of so many other lines, I think I might want to try something else.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/8/2012 7:44:00 PM More reviews by gleekie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love the pump of this, but it doesn't really moisturize my skin. I have pretty dry skin though, but itdoes nothing for my super dry cheeks. Also this weird thing happens, when I rubbed my cheek an hour after applying this gray stuff was rolled off my cheek, my skin feels waxy after usig it and i have to use too much to moisturize my face. And sometimes the lotion on the outside of the pump turns into this hard yellow nugget and it's kind of gross when u don't know and u rub it on ur face :X it's just kind of a gross overpriced product that doesn't work for me but it seems to work for others. It's mostly my fault anyway, I bought this as an expensive impulse buy in Sephora, so I didn't get any help from sales assistants by asking if it would be right for my skin. Eitet way the gel is much better

rated 4 of 5 on 4/8/2012 1:52:00 AM More reviews by thistle100

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is an okay moisturizer if you don't mind the mineral oil and the parabens. My skin is neither oily nor dry, but as I get older I prefer something more moisturizing than this. It doesn't leave my skin feeling soft, as others have said, but I do look better using this than not using it.

The packaging is good in theory -- a bottle with a pump and lid, so the contents are kept clean -- but I find the pump keeps getting covered in moisturizer as it comes out, then dribbles down into the cracks, and then the lid gets covered in it too, so I have to keep cleaning it.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/7/2012 3:40:00 PM More reviews by HannahMariaLouise

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really hated it, It doesn't really do anything good for my skin,