Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion [REFORMULATED]

Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion  [REFORMULATED]

2.7

Ingredients water ~Glycerin ~sesame oil ~(cucumber) fruit extract~ barley extract (sunflower) seedcake ~glyceryl stearate ~lanolin alcohol ~petrolatum ~FD
This product has been reformulated as Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion+ Please find reviews for this product here:

I got this product but in the Gel form because I have oily skin. I really like how light it is. It does not have a smell. It goes on smoothly and gets absorbed quickly. I have not had breakouts since I started using it, which is a plus for me, and it does its job. I got it in the travel size ($10) and has last me a long time, it is barely half way and I've had it for 4 months.

on 5/3/2012 10:46:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I loved the way this moisturizer made my skin feel so smooth and healthy but i hated the fact that it also caused me to have a negative reaction within the next day. Anytime I'd try to use this gel again, my face would be much oiler than without using this and i'd break out. never casued my facial skin to burn but it just caused oil and pimple production to increase.

on 5/1/2012 12:54:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

it gave me a rash. i was allergic. same with the gel

on 4/30/2012 8:26:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I didn't get the hype when I was in my 20's and several decades later I still don't. My skin was normal then, normal-to-dry now. I don't have sensitive skin so no issues there. But quite unremarkable nevertheless. Any decent d/s product is more then comparable.

on 4/29/2012 4:57:00 PM

I found this to be a very average product. It didn't blow me away, but it wasn't complete garbage. However, the negatives were enough to keep me from repurchasing. At this point, I'm just using it to finish it up.

First, it wasn't moisurizing enough. Normally I wouldn't hold this against a product if it was intended for a variety of skin types but the packaging specifically says, "for very dry to dry combination skin." I have dry skin (not even very dry) and just found this wasn't hydrating enough. While it does apply nicely, absorbs fast and wears well under makeup, I expect my moisturizer to actually moisturize. Also, it stinks! I tried not to let it bother me as it's supposed to be fragrance free but this is the worst smelling unscented moisturizer I've ever come across.

Final verdict: save your money for something better. I've used drug store moisturizers better than this.

on 4/24/2012 9:29:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

It does the job, pure and simple. I don't get dry flakes. It absorbs into my skin, doesn't leave a greasy feel, doesn't interfere with my makeup. Just a great moisturizer.

on 4/19/2012 2:25:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

First of all, I can't believe that there are 161 reviews from people with oily skin!? the back of the bottle even says "for very dry to dry skin" so for all the people wondering why their oily face has got oilier is there really any wonder? Rant over! My skin is dry but can be very dry especially after a shower, and I have very red cheeks and blotchy skin. I find this moisturiser to be quite thick which is awesome for my skin because it makes it feel moisturised. I use the 3 step system and try to put my moisturiser on straight after toner or spritz my face with water. Most of the time I will need 2-3 layers of this because my skin literally eats anything I put on my face, but this is the only moisturiser that actually keeps my face moisturised allllllll the way until the next day when it's time to do my make-up (I sometimes even skip moisturiser in a morning because I'm still moisturised). My problems with this product is the fact I have to use so much, so I can see me going through this fast and it's not the cheapest of moisturisers. Secondly, the pump is a bit pump happy! I don't know if I have a faulty pump but I can't control how much comes out and it literally just squirts it across the room! All in all though I adore this and I would totally buy again!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I picked this up on an impulse buy while at Sephora (it was at the front, by the registers...maybe it was a marketing plan to try to get rid of the lotion because they know it sucks.) I have very dry, sensitive skin, so it's hard finding products that will be extra-moisturizing AND not make me break out in a rash/swell up/be in pain. I usually trust Clinique with its 'allergy-free, dermatologist tested' products; I thought I'd finally found the perfect product with my new tube of Dramatically Different lotion. I couldn't have been more wrong. I should have read the reviews on MakeupAlley and learned about the bad reaction to sensitive skin, before I suffered it myself. Lesson learned.

When I got home and tried it, I noticed that it doesn't blend very evenly. It was very gummy and sticky, and it even felt a little bit grainy. A few hours later, I noticed that my face felt swollen, but I thought nothing of it; after all, the product says it's for 'very dry to dry combination skin', so maybe this was its way of working its magic. Um, no. The next day, my skin where the product was applied was totally red and swollen. A few days later, that skin flaked off and peeled (which was a VERY painful experience, by the way).

A week and a half later, my skin is JUST getting back to normal. It's still peeling, but it's not red anymore and isn't swollen or in pain. Did I mention how disappointed I am in this product? Clinique definitely dropped the ball with this one; I was shocked to have had such an adverse reaction to a brand I usually have such good results with. Needless to say, I DEFINITELY will not be purchasing this again.

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I like the clinique moisturizer. It makes my skin feel really moisturized and applying it wasn't dreadful and it spread easily. I'm not a fan of the pump just because i feel that it drips down the side.

on 4/17/2012 8:27:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I think it is an okay and average moisturizer -- it moisturizes my skin but my face always feels a little tight after applying it. It doesn't clog my pores or anything, nor does it improve my overall skin condition. I'm not sure if I will repurchase it -- I have repurchased it before but now that I've heard of so many other lines, I think I might want to try something else.

Popular Moisturizers