NARS Exhibit A

4.6

on 3/20/2008 11:05:00 AM

I don't know if I will ever finish it! Is it a scary color in the pan, YES. Is is a scary color on your cheeks, YES if you don't apply it with a light hand. LOL! I purchased it based on the oh-so-pretty screaming red like a neon in a dark night look. I didn't even think of trying it on my cheeks. I assured myself that if I don't like it I can always return it (which rarely happened). It is a watermelon red (mix bright pink with 40%red) (also a very pigmented one :) It is Matte, so you need to work it out a little bit more than the shimmery ones. I use my MAC 187, or 188 brush. And even with that you need to be really light handed, and blend it well on your face. When you take some time, it is a beautiful color!!!! It gives me a natural (just worked out) cheeks. I LOVE it. The only think I realized is that if you apply it over a heavy coverage foundation, the color changes into a dull one. (I don't know why). I use it with my HG Px Tinted Moist., or with nothing on my face. That's when I get the best result. I know it is a scary color, but give it a shot. It is not my HG, but it always makes me smile when I open the pan, and see that pretty color! Oh by the way I am NC25, with yellow undertone, and a combo skin.

on 3/14/2008 12:30:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

While waiting for the train in NYC, I took a trip into Sephora. I've had a lot of problems with blushes making me look ashy, so I recruited a Sephora expert in my search. When I explained to her my problem, she immediately went to NARS Exhibit A. When she opened the color, I was really scared. She dabbed her bush in it and swept my cheeks. She also changed my life!! I've never had such a natural glow!!! I will be very upset if this product is ever discontinued!!!!

on 3/5/2008 5:12:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

this blush appear quite orangy on me (NC25 Mac with peach undertone)
my colleagues comment it makes my face look dull.
Maybe it's my skin tone? coz i have seen so many good reviews about this on MUA.
Just not the right color for me.

on 3/3/2008 2:51:00 PM

Oh, how I had dreamt of this blush working on me (NC30, strong golden undertones)...I read the reviews, and would linger at the Nars section in Sephora debating whether to try it or not. Recently, I had a chance to go to Sephora again, so I armed myself with the proper brushes so that I could sample this blush. I was determined to master this shade...

While in Sephora, I saw many items which beckoned me, but Exhibit A screamed at me. And not in a pleasant way either. It was just obnoxious and cantankerous and I almost fled the store. But stupid me, I was on a mission to conquer the damned thing.

I approached the loud red-orange pot tentatively, hoping not to agitate it. I treated it oh-so-gently. My caress was whisper light, picking up only a few grains of color...Then I set about applying this to my cheeks using my Smashbox fan brush on one cheek and my MAC 187 dupe (from Ulta) on the other...

OMG, I looked like I had been bitch-slapped repeatedly! The color was such an ugly, unflattering orange nightmare...I guess I pissed it off! Dejected, I determined that there was no easy way to approach this evil, angry beast. Alas, it cannot be tamed. And I do not have the love or patience to work with it.

The whole application process was only part of it. This color is atrocious! I could MAYBE see going through all the trouble to apply this correctly if this was a pretty color, but it just reminds me of the vests that the freeway cleanup team wears, or of orange safety cones. If you put more on, it starts to take on this hideous red...not attractive! Yikes...And it just does nothing good for my skintone. Nothing at all. Pulls all the yellow out and makes me look like I've been severely beaten...or like a clown with jaundice...

I think it's kind of amusing that several MUA'ers mentioned that you have to use a very light hand but that you'll get lovely results if you do so. Yeah right. Give me a damned break. It's not like I am very fair-skinned. Yet I used a very light hand and can honestly say that it is not worth it for such an awful, garish color. For those of you who are low maintenance and don't want to finesse a blush every time you use it, STAY AWAY FROM THIS BLUSH!

on 2/21/2008 7:04:00 PM

By far my FAVORITE blush.....like others have said do NOT use a heavy hand the pigment is very strong. Just a dab will do ya!!! I have found that this color looks awesome on everyone. Even when I am tan or a little lighter in the winter it always looks perfect!!!

on 2/20/2008 8:12:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I so love this product!! I'd been lemming it for quite some time & finally gave in the other day. Good thing because it's quite a nice change from pink/rose blushes. This really does give you a "been outside in the cold" cheeky look, as others have mentioned, just make sure you use the lightest hand or you'll look windburned (or worse, b-slapped!).

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

What a to-do when i saw the color in the pan... It was super mandarin orange red and the first time (even with a lighter hand than i normally do) i ended up with very pigmented orange red chheks that was impossible to blend. The second time i used it i lightly tapped the surface with the blusher brush and excess it on a tissue before applying to the cheeks. It gives a warm, flushy look... very hearty and healthy IMHO but i can achieve a better and easily blush with Amour. This is time consuming to use but with fab results that lasts.

on 2/2/2008 11:43:00 AM

Listen up fair skinned maidens...This blush will give you that "Snow White" look. On my fair skin I apply this with a fan brush to just the apple of my cheeks and it instantly gives that healthy just flushed look. It is critical that you apply this with a light hand since this is extremely pigmented!!! When I first saw the pan I was very scared to try this in fear of looking like a clown, but with all the great reviews I decided to try it and I am happy I did. This blush wakes my whole face up. If you are looking for a great "true red" mineral blush, you may want to try Aromaleigh's Gothic Lolita rouge in Corset. Not as intense as Nars but a nice wash of red color.

really bright red! my fair skin can only take the lightest brushing of it but the color it fantastic. great for eye shadow 2 especially if you have green eyes.

on 9/4/2007 8:32:00 AM

I was so sick of peach and pink blushes... this is a nice change. It is pricey, but it's so worth it since you only use the smallest amount at a time. Yes, it looks so bright (and scary) in the pan, but just put it on very lightly on the apples of your cheek. Less is more! It gives me a naturally flushed look... makes me glow from within. I have NC25 skin, dark brown hair and brown eyes and Exhibit A is perfect.

Top Rated NARS Products