July 30, 2014 | 1907 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Volum' Express The Mega Plush

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2013 11:11:00 AM More reviews by Adisongrace3

I love this mascara! I like how it doesn't clump and doesn't give you that spider lash effect. It does a great job of lengthening and making my lashes look thicker. My favorite thing about this mascara is how natural it keeps your lashes and how black it makes them! Definitely will be repurchasing this in the future!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/30/2013 4:29:00 AM More reviews by makeupwhore18

I like the way it makes my lashes look but it flakes horribly after a weeks use. What a shame

rated 1 of 5 on 5/29/2013 2:25:00 PM More reviews by smarieti

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This did anything BUT make my lashes plushy. Tried using with both loaded and almost dry brush, and all it did was make my lashes stick together and look spidery and clumpy. My clump crusher mascara does better at plush than this. I definitely will stick to the cover girl mascaras from now on.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/29/2013 10:33:00 AM More reviews by ochoseis

I like the formula, this mascara makes my lashes full and maintains the curl all day long. The thing that I don't like, and for me it's a huge deal is the wand, I find it too flimsy and the bristles too all over the place, some are short and some are even longer than my lashes and when I try to work it in the roots I poke my lid.

Maybelline has very nice mascaras, it's a trial and error thing. Will try others to see how it goes.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/29/2013 3:58:00 AM More reviews by Rosethebabe

Overall, this is a amazing mascara it makes my lashes go so big and so plush and that's amazing cause my lashes are tiny! But this clumps and flakes way to much. I would buy again, minus the flaking

rated 1 of 5 on 5/29/2013 3:54:00 AM More reviews by lilfloridablondie

Had a terrible reaction to this mascara and have used Maybelline products for years. Made my eyes red, swollen and itchy.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2013 11:35:00 PM More reviews by dianelarsenemail

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love the color of the mascara. I have to admit that is why i bought it at first.
This is a good inexpensive mascara that plumps and volumizes lashes to the fullest.
I use apply this for my day look and it is not too overpowering. Will buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2013 9:22:00 PM More reviews by queenofnone

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love love love this mascara. I've been using full n soft for years but lately have been going back and forth between Benefit they're real and Cover Girl lashblast. I wanted something that would give me the office-appropriate softness of the full n soft, but with more length and wow factor. I was about to bite the bullet and get another tube of the Benefit, when someone gave me this. It's fantastic. One coat and my lashes are long and amazing without looking fake or spidery. They're soft all day and it's one of the easiest mascaras to put on that I've tried, once you get used to the flexible brush.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2013 9:06:00 PM More reviews by BritMC

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is a great mascara. I used to work at Sephora for many years and have tried dozens of high end mascaras. You name it, I have tried it. Maybelline really hit the nail on the head with The Mega Plush, I actually prefer it over Diorshow, Benefit, MUFE, etc.

The brush is quite unique, the texture of the bristles isn't too soft or hard, so it really grips the lashes. The brush also bends slightly when pushed on, to prevent you from "caking" on the mascara. This allows you to apply the perfect amount of product to your lashes, to keep them soft and separated. It takes a little bit of getting used to, but the results are stunning. The formula is very fluid and wet, which gives a nice even coverage of the product to the lashes. I find wet formulas a lot easier to work with, as they give you a good coat at the get-go. I found the formula didn't clump up at all, it just stayed nice and fluid, keeping the lashes smooth. I think the formula is really the star of this mascara, its not thick nor dry, its almost gel like which really keeps your lashes smooth yet dramatic. After application, my lashes are super long, separated like falsies, and voluminous. *I did try the waterproof formula while on vacation, which had a much dryer formula, the regular formula is definitely much better.

I typically have to replace the tube every month or two, which kind of sucks, but the price point is fantastic so I don't mind. All in all, this mascara blows most high end mascaras out of the water. I think a lot people give it a low rating because of the "wet" formula, plus the brush takes some getting used to. The result though is a beautiful false lash effect, so I won't be picking up another mascara for a looong time.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/28/2013 9:29:00 AM More reviews by ventricle

I can't believe this has such a low rating! This is my favourite mascara of all time, but I prefer thick mascara. Love the wand, but it could be longer, and the formula dries up faster than some other mascaras, but this seems to be a constant feature with Maybelline mascaras. The wand is the best thing about this product. But it is the best mascara I've tried, and I personally don't like anything else by Maybelline thus far, so this is pretty high praise. I wouldn't use anything else now I'e used this, unless I could find a dupe with a better formula. It is annoying having to buy more than more at a time, as they only last about 3 months or less (because of drying out for no apparent reason) and none of the drugstores in NZ sell them so I have to buy them online.