April 17, 2014 | 1701 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Volum' Express The Mega Plush

rated 3 of 5 on 4/17/2013 2:54:00 PM More reviews by Mrswhitelaw

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Here's what I like: price (4.99 Cdn--a bargain), formula (not too wet or too dry), brush has a good shape in that it is nice and fluffy, and once dry my lashes are actually soft. I have naturally long and fairly full lashes and am not a fan of rubber bristled brushes or brushes that are too skinny. Dislike: the "flex" feature of the wand applicator. Makes it feel slightly wimpy and tends to flex too much. If you use too much force in applying I can see this wand driving a person crazy. It's how I felt about the Naturluxe mascara--terrible wand for me. Id probably buy the Mega Plush again if it was super-duper on sale but its not at the top of my list.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2013 11:04:00 PM More reviews by shazzar

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Happily used this for 3 months, it wasn't great but not terrible either. Ready to move on to something else though.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/7/2013 8:37:00 PM More reviews by CourtneyLynne87

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Love this mascara. One of my favorites by far

rated 4 of 5 on 4/7/2013 4:02:00 PM More reviews by xoxomalak

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This mascara does make your lashes soft. It makes it feel like its your own lashes...which comes with a downfall: it looks like your own lashes too. I use this first in my mascara routine. It kind of just gets them ready for the other mascaras i use. I wouldnt buy this again just because it was average and i like to try new mascaras lol. i also use this on my bottom lashes because it doesnt clump and keeps them soft.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/4/2013 10:53:00 PM More reviews by ChristinaSteckler

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

This mascara is the worst mascara I have ever used. The smell is ok and it dries quickly and the packaging is efficient and lightweight, but when it comes to the actual product, very poor. It says it uses less wax than other mascaras, which is weird cuz when you need to remove it, it leaves a waxy residue on the eyelids and lashes. The brush is flimsy, I don't know why they though making it floppy would help get the lashes, it just got it all clumped if you weren't careful. The color is ok, I got the black one. It wears, but runs as well. Overall, not a good mascara. Maybelline's colossal volum' in the yellow tube is awesome. Plush is not.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/2/2013 7:30:00 PM More reviews by charmander21

This mascara is easily the worst I've ever used. I honestly once bought a dollar store mascara as a kid that wasn't as bad as this. The wand is awful and flimsy and the formula is VERY wet and runny, which in my opinion is a terrible combination. The brush on the packaging looked full and functional, which is why I chose it - I prefer a full thick brush. The actual brush was floppy and thin with short uneven bristles, and looked nothing like what was pictured. My lashes are long, but not very thick (alopecia areata, they fall out and eventually regrow in cycles) and this mascara gave me the worst case of spider-lashes that I've ever had! Literally all of them clumped into like 6 or 7 little legs and as soon as it dried they were super stiff too. Not only is it hard and clumpy, but it made my eyelashes stick together (figure that one out). I've never had a dry hard and clumpy mascara also make my eyelashes stick together, but this one did. Just an all around terrible experience. I will NEVER recommend or repurchase this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/2/2013 6:03:00 AM More reviews by NiecyBaby

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Unlike others I'm happy to say I haven't had a horrible experience with this mascara. Would I call it my HG mascara? No. But I don't think its bad. I definitely prefer this waterproof version over the Falsies which always gave me raccoon eyes. I heard people complaining about the brush. When I bought this I was all set to swap the brush for the one that came with my Flared Falsies but the brush isn't as bad or flimsy as I expected. I disagree with the ads, it doesn't give me plushy, fluffy lashes. But I feel it makes them appear thicker and longer.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/1/2013 9:13:00 PM More reviews by Mands783

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I liked the formula, but, the wand is AWFUL! Wayyyy too flimsy... doesn't separate my lashes whatsoever.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2013 12:19:00 AM More reviews by mwebba1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is okay but I will not be purchasing again. When I want volume I was hooker lashes, know what I mean? And this just didn't give me vavavavoom. Got it in blackest black and it was like there was nothing on my lashes. Looking forward to trying the Rocket Volum Express as I bought a tube of that at the same time. Will wear this on days I wanna be understated.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/18/2013 9:17:00 PM More reviews by enchantedlullaby87

Worst mascara I have ever used. Made my lashes clump together in all of the wrong ways. The packaging is adorable and it's cheap.