Maybelline Volum' Express The Mega Plush

3.3

on 9/3/2013 10:50:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

This mascara could be really good if it would stop smudging!

I love how it went on, and it made my lashes look great (and they were soft!). I liked the brush and the formula. Unfortunately, after a few hours, the tips of my top lashes made black dots on my upper lids. By the end of the day, my bottom lashes gave me the dreaded panda eye effect. This stuff smudges and smears really bad, but it's still difficult to remove at the end of the day with soap and water. How does that even happen?

Panda eyes for 3 days in a row is a deal breaker. This is going back to the store.

It makes my lashes look like the brush- thin and long and wispy. Not necessarily a bad thing.
However, I hate the brush! I like to apply my mascara very much on the base of the lashes- I get close to cover the roots. But the bristles are so long and haywire that in order to do so I poke myself in the eye every time I use it!

on 8/29/2013 4:54:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

THE GOOD: Out of all the Maybelline mascaras I've to say that this is my favorite! The tube is absolutely cute. The formula is interesting, I find it much easier to build up to my desired look and it doesn't take too many coats to get the final desired result (i'm looking at you The Rocket). The formula is moderately volumizing and extremely lengthening, at least on me! Looks very beautiful

THE BAD: Can clump if not careful due to the size of the brush/bristles, manageable though!

THE UGLY: That dumb bendy brush, who the heck thought that'd be a good idea? The point of mascara is to be able to comb it precisely through the lashes and if the wand is all weak, it makes it that much harder >.>

One of my top drugstore faves :D

on 8/28/2013 9:18:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I really didn't like this mascara. It didn't really do anything for my lashes and it's really clumpy. The other issue is that it's so caked on that I couldn't take it off with eye makeup remover and so I tried rinsing it off in the shower, and it still wouldn't come off. It clumped on til the next morning so my eye lashes looked really clumpy the next day as well. I really prefer the Lash Blast series by CoverGirl. All of them are really great.

To be completely honest, I only bought this because I thought the packaging was cute. (blue & pink! How adorbs!) But I wouldn't repurchase. I naturally have long, dark lashes so mascara is just whatever to me but this one I felt like it took forever to remove & a tad flakey.

on 8/26/2013 12:04:00 PM

I don't get why everyone doesn't like this stuff. It is meant to look real instead of how most mascara is very obvious. That is exactly what it does. makes the lashes long and spaced out. This is a great everyday look mascara, not a going out and getting glammed up one. I would definitely recommend it, as long as you know what kind of mascara your getting!

on 8/25/2013 5:31:00 PM

I was very excited to try this mascara because I hate the feeling of thick, heavy mascara. While they felt very natural and soft, they didn't do much for my eyelashes. I have reasonably long eyelashes and I do curl them, but after applying thing it looked like I really didn't put anything on. It didn't give them any volume, maybe a very very tiny amount of length and made them darker, but nothing too exciting. But if you like the natural no-makeup look, this would be great.

on 8/25/2013 1:11:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

My best friend and I were giving each other makeovers, and she used this mascara on me. It was nothing special. I've used way worse (L.A. Colors waterproof mascara...Never using that one ever again), but I'm not impressed, either.

on 8/22/2013 10:22:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Love love love this mascara! For the price its fabulous. My lashes turn out actually very fluffy and a decent length. Not spidery at all. I feel like my lashes could be thicker, but a full look is achieved. Its also very consistent. Stays put for the most part on the bottom. Ive been using this for over a year now :)

on 8/20/2013 8:38:00 PM

First I should start by saying that I have very long, thick, dark lashes. The only problem is that they are straight and I need to curl them and apply a good mascara to be able to take full advantage of them. I have great lashes so why not get them to their best potential right? This mascara was one that I had high hopes for. I've heard some pretty good things about Maybelline mascara in the past so I decided to try this product out. This mascara though, is terrible. The price is great, but the brush is flimsy and the formula doesn't hold curl. After thirty minutes of curling my lashes and applying this product my lashes are already straight again. By the end of the day it doesn't even look like I'm wearing mascara. If you're like me and want to take full advantage of your lashes and want to have a nice curl then don't buy this product. Pros: Fair price. Cons: Flimsy brush, doesn't hold curl.