April 21, 2014 | 1777 users online

Liquid - Rimmel - Stay Matte Foundation

rated 2 of 5 on 4/8/2010 4:40:00 AM More reviews by MissLibbely

I bought this product, but I should of taken note it had mixed reviews. For my dry cheeks, this made them patchy and orange, and it also made a noticeable line across my forehead. This was after around 5 minutes of blending. It had an extremely light coverage, it was patchy and only lasted for 3-4 hours. Not impressed, and very disappointed coming from Rimmel. Loved the powder version though, cheap too.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/1/2010 3:21:00 PM More reviews by joliezondag

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I tried this product about 3 years ago and didn't like it. But now there's a new one out, it's the one on the last picture. I really like it now! The colour is perfect for me in the summer and it really keeps me matte all day. It's very easy to apply and very cheap. The only bad thing about this product is that there are very limited colours available. So in the winter time they don't have the right colour for me. But that's ok, because in the winter my skin isn't that oily so I don't need a matte foundation! Great product, give it a try.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/30/2010 7:38:00 PM More reviews by dontcallmecass

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

This makeup didn't make my skin too oily but I wouldn't consider it "matte" coverage. Also, the shade selections are very limited (I have only seen five shades). I'm normally a warm beige - medium skin tone but none of them really worked for me. They all seemed slightly too light and too orangey. All of the beige tones looked the same on me, not much variaton.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/30/2010 2:29:00 PM More reviews by sillyK

I bought this foundation after my old foundation made me break out all over my nose. Thankfully, this one didn't make me break out! However, as previously mentionned by other reviewers, it is quite dark and a little orangey, especially for my pale skin-tone.

I managed to use up the entire bottle which you'd think would take a while as it blends pretty well being so liquidy, but I would have to keep reapplying during the day. I'd put it on in the morning before leaving for work, blot at lunch but about an hour later, it would have slid off, sunk in and dissapeared alltogether. It's fine to use from day to day because it doesn't break you out, but it deffinately does NOT have the staying power I need in a foundation.

I would only buy this one again if I was stuck foundationless with only a few dollars in my pocket.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/22/2010 1:32:00 PM More reviews by Rockz

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought this, when this was on sale.
Well...
Now I know why.

After applying it,
everything seemed fine.
3 hours later, and my face turned orange,
just like that, without doing any special activities.
But overall my face isn't really fond of liquid foundations.

So sorry, but definately a no.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/16/2010 7:00:00 PM More reviews by rebeccaxx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I liked this foundation and I found that it did help to prevent my skin from looking oily and it gave a nice, even coverage (I'd say about medium coverage). The only bad thing I would say is that it didn't last very long on my skin, and I found that I needed to set it with powder :)

rated 2 of 5 on 3/15/2010 4:38:00 PM More reviews by sillypoopie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this product on a whim, then checked MUA, then freaked out bc of all the terrible reviews... but this is my second day using the product and it seems to work perfectly fine!!! I actually like the amount of coverage it gives, its light and therefore doesn't make me look cakey. It's true that it does not keep me as matte as I would like (minus a lippy), but it doesn't make me look oilier than usual either. It also hasn't turned orange on me (thank the lord).

I noticed most of the poor reviews are from light haired, light eyed, light skinned girls. I'm an NC35 and Rimmel's Sand 300 works well on me. Even though its a London product, maybe this stuff just isn't made for Kate Moss's?

The packaging could be better, since the squeeze tube kind of makes it look cheap. I would never carry it in my bag for fear it would bust open.

Decent foundation for $7CDN (on sale... its usually $10)

EDIT: I stopped using this. It started going splotchy on me, turned a funny shade too. sigh.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/7/2010 6:49:00 AM More reviews by BRS

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Good sheer coverage!
Though definitely no matte finish!!!!
I bought this product a couple of months ago, my first use was disastrous! The liquid had been squeezed into the cap, and when i tried to open it, it came seeping out from under the cap! I thought it was going to explode. I had to open the cap by cutting it a little to release the pressure, and when I did, boom! Foundation everywhere. So to say the least, the packaging is a hassle - especially when in a rush or if you only want a little.
This foundation has a very sheer coverage; I actually couldnt even see it on my face. It covered no eyebags, marks, imperfections or pimples on my face. Not to mention I was instantly shiny!
It was nice to feel like there was nothing on my face! But this didnt work for me. The texture is very liquidy, almost watery. I bought this product because I had nothing and needed a quick, cheap fix. And unfortunately, I got what I paid for; a cheap, watery product.
However, the colour wasnt too bad! Which is always a positive.
If you want a very light, sheer coverage; this would work great for you! (I definitely would not recommend for oily skin)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2010 7:05:00 AM More reviews by decoydream

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Black

I've bought this twice and i'm not entirely sure why - maybe because i use the stay matte pressed powder as my coverage? I have terrible acne scars (red... blotchy... you know the drill!) and this did not cover it but it did provide an okay base for the powder. It doesn't really stay matte per se but is less greasy than some other foundations i've tried! It also didn't feel heavy or anything! A little bit of streakage could be visible sometimes because 'nude' was slightly too dark for my asian skin tone and didn't blend terrible well when i didn't have too much time on my hands.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/2/2010 7:01:00 AM More reviews by Tubofjelly

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Just not what I was expecting at all!! I need total coverage in my foundation, this is ...Rubbish! It looks oily, touch my face and streaks and smudges, get hot and it comes off. Would advise anyone to avoid this !