July 25, 2014 | 1724 users online

Liquid - Rimmel - Stay Matte Foundation

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2010 12:22:00 AM More reviews by Autumn13

I can't believe the low rating. This is wonderful! I guess it just doesn't work for everyone. I use this every other day because I do love my other liquid foundation. It stands up to the heat and it keeps the oil away. After lunch, I check the mirror and I'm really amazed that I don't have retouch or anything. For the price, this is a keeper.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2010 5:50:00 PM More reviews by restes11

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I'm super excited to have found this product. I'm normally a mineral powder foundation girl, but I wanted to switch it up with a liquid. Thankfully I guessed my color perfectly and it went on smootly, and has stayed pretty matte. I'm not as concerened the with matte thing as I am with a natural finish and nice formula. The package is a little funky only in that it doesn't look like a whole lot of product, but it is the same amount and half the price of most others. Yay for Rimmel again!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2010 3:45:00 PM More reviews by ascopes

this is an awesome drugstore brand foundation. I think people are ridiculous when they think a foundation can stay matte for 12 hours...regardless of what the company claims, you know it isn't so...you have sweat glands and if you're oily, you won't stay matte...that's what powder is for.

That being said, I just made dinner over a hot stove and this foundation had minimal oiliness. I am very impressed. I may just have found my go to foundation. I was spening upwards of 50 bucks on foundation..this is 10 bucks!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/11/2010 11:02:00 AM More reviews by MaxFun

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

No, no, no!
Not a good product at all.
I'm not sure if it is just me, but when I see that a product is supposed to be mattifying I always think it also has a good coverage. This foundation is more like a tinted moisturizer though. Just that it doesn't moisturize.
No coverage whatsoever ("medium to high adjustable coverage" my ass) and I didn't see the mattifying effect either. It sits in fine lines, it doesn't smell nice, the consistency is weird...
Bottom Line - horrible product.
I did discover though that it does a decent job as a primer.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/8/2010 4:40:00 AM More reviews by MissLibbely

I bought this product, but I should of taken note it had mixed reviews. For my dry cheeks, this made them patchy and orange, and it also made a noticeable line across my forehead. This was after around 5 minutes of blending. It had an extremely light coverage, it was patchy and only lasted for 3-4 hours. Not impressed, and very disappointed coming from Rimmel. Loved the powder version though, cheap too.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/1/2010 3:21:00 PM More reviews by joliezondag

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I tried this product about 3 years ago and didn't like it. But now there's a new one out, it's the one on the last picture. I really like it now! The colour is perfect for me in the summer and it really keeps me matte all day. It's very easy to apply and very cheap. The only bad thing about this product is that there are very limited colours available. So in the winter time they don't have the right colour for me. But that's ok, because in the winter my skin isn't that oily so I don't need a matte foundation! Great product, give it a try.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/30/2010 7:38:00 PM More reviews by dontcallmecass

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

This makeup didn't make my skin too oily but I wouldn't consider it "matte" coverage. Also, the shade selections are very limited (I have only seen five shades). I'm normally a warm beige - medium skin tone but none of them really worked for me. They all seemed slightly too light and too orangey. All of the beige tones looked the same on me, not much variaton.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/30/2010 2:29:00 PM More reviews by sillyK

I bought this foundation after my old foundation made me break out all over my nose. Thankfully, this one didn't make me break out! However, as previously mentionned by other reviewers, it is quite dark and a little orangey, especially for my pale skin-tone.

I managed to use up the entire bottle which you'd think would take a while as it blends pretty well being so liquidy, but I would have to keep reapplying during the day. I'd put it on in the morning before leaving for work, blot at lunch but about an hour later, it would have slid off, sunk in and dissapeared alltogether. It's fine to use from day to day because it doesn't break you out, but it deffinately does NOT have the staying power I need in a foundation.

I would only buy this one again if I was stuck foundationless with only a few dollars in my pocket.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/22/2010 1:32:00 PM More reviews by Rockz

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought this, when this was on sale.
Well...
Now I know why.

After applying it,
everything seemed fine.
3 hours later, and my face turned orange,
just like that, without doing any special activities.
But overall my face isn't really fond of liquid foundations.

So sorry, but definately a no.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/16/2010 7:00:00 PM More reviews by rebeccaxx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I liked this foundation and I found that it did help to prevent my skin from looking oily and it gave a nice, even coverage (I'd say about medium coverage). The only bad thing I would say is that it didn't last very long on my skin, and I found that I needed to set it with powder :)