September 2, 2014 | 1002 users online

Palettes - Urban Decay - NAKED2

rated 2 of 5 on 4/23/2013 5:16:00 AM More reviews by Pilky

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I so wanted to like this palette but every time I used it my face just ended up covered in glitter that is a nightmare to get off. Ended up ditching it and buying an Accessorise neutral palette which was very cheap and blows this out of the water!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/23/2013 3:55:00 AM More reviews by makeupnoobie143

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've never had the original Naked palette, but my friend owns one and the colours in that palette are definately more bronzy and dramatic (generally).

In saying that, this palette has a very pigmented black colour (blackout) that I use to darken my outer corner or to set or to soften my eyeliner. On the other extreme of the palette, the colour foxy is yellow toned and blends into my skin.. it doesn't really serve well as a highlighter on me at least. Bootycall is more of a neutral peach colour and is a good highlighter, but it has a satain finish.

My favourite colours in this palette are chopper which is a beautiful light shimmery coppery gold, snakebite which is a medium slightly shimmery brown and tease which is a light matte brown with almost purple undertones. Tease isn't very pigmented but I'm asian and since I don't have a defined crease, this shade is great to pop into my crease area without looking obnoxious. YDK (a shimmery, almost purple toned taupe champagne) and Pistol (satin grey) are also very nice colours.

Half baked (a light golden shade) is great for an inner corner highlight but I find verve a bit too frosty for that purpose. However, verve (a frosty silver) is very good to put on the ball of my eye to bring it out. I don't really find myself reaching for Suspect (a light taupe shade) that much as it doesnt really show up well on my skin tone. Busted which is the second darkest shade (a dark brown with plum undertones), is a great alternative for blackout on days when i want my eyeshadow to be a bit more subtle.

Would I repurchase? No because I wouldn't actually buy this for myself - I was given this as a gift for my birthday :)

rated 4 of 5 on 4/22/2013 8:10:00 AM More reviews by Lollikist

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I really love this palette. Out of the all the eyeshadows I have I tend to use this one the most in particular.
I love that the black, it comes out really dark, dark enough for me to use as an eyeliner. I have people even asking me what eyeliner I use and don't believe me when I tell them it's black eyeshadow.
Someone said you need primer to get it to stay... I'm not sure about them but I have worn this make-up while sobbing and let me just say that people stared at me in awe when they saw that not even a colored tear fell from my eye.
Overall even though this is a rather pricey set I find it to be really good.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/21/2013 11:20:00 PM More reviews by Mari05

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I wouldn't go all out and say this is a must buy but I am really happy with my NAKED 2 palette and I don't regret buying it.
I did let it fall once and nothing got broken inside so I am quite happy with the quality and I don't get any leftover eye shadow dust from applying it... It is very pigmented and it has lasted on my eyes for a few hours even without the eye primer.
I would buy it again but I think this palette will last me a long time.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/21/2013 7:23:00 PM More reviews by chicagoandi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I really wanted to like this.. with all the beautiful, wearable colors in the palette, I was excited to try it out! However, I ended up returning it. As others have said, some of the shadows had trouble staying in the palette. I made the mistake of bringing this on a business trip, and the black matte color popped out somehow in transit creating a HUGE mess and ruining some of the other shadows. I much prefer my MAC shadows.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/20/2013 12:33:00 PM More reviews by Dcruz26

I was so excited to buy this. I jumped on the bandwagon late in the game but I just now became obsessed with eye shadow! I was expecting this to be the go to eye shadow of my life! I think the packaging is fine and even though it is a bit pricey, when you add up all of the eye shadows and the added gloss that comes with it...it really is a good deal. So the pros: I love pretty much all the colors, like I said...it's a good deal for the price, and they are definitely good quality shadows. Now the cons: I get glitter allover my face! I thought that this wouldn't happen with a non drugstore brand but I guess I was wrong. I have now started putting the eye shadow first and then wiped my face and then moved on to applying the rest of my make up. Regardless, I think it's a great product. I probably wouldn't purchase it again and I really don't have a specific reason. I guess I would want to try out other products out there :)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2013 5:24:00 PM More reviews by quitabandita

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

No, you won't hear a chorus of angels singing when you buy this, no, this won't cause everyone to kneel before you when you wear it, no it won't die of joy when you get this. Calm down kids, this isn't the makeup god's gift to the world.

What it is is a nice palette. The colors are really nice, blend really well and last a long time on the lid (over primer, can't attest to how they last without a primer). There is some fallout if you don't tap off, and I wish Urban Decay would stop sticking glitter in every palette. Why do they think we want to look like disco balls? I always get glitter cheeks no matter how I try to stop the glitter fallout, so boo on that. But the matte black is a great thing to have in here, and most of the other colors are really nice too so overall this is a good palette to have in your collection. It is good for travel as well because the case is small, closes securely and is really sturdy.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/19/2013 2:54:00 PM More reviews by edtennisbabe

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I love these colors...but you seriously have to use a primer to get them to stay even an hour. I get better staying power from drug store stuff! Two lippies off for that.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/17/2013 9:17:00 PM More reviews by Meladamilky

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is such a very affordable palette. The eyeshadows are pigmented. 12 different cool tone neutral eyeshadows in one palette (and the double-ended brush) with only $50. Worth every penny. The only reason I gave 4 out of 5 is because the eyeshadows seem to fall out a lot. Especially the shade 'YDK' 'Busted' and 'Blackout'. But overall, this is such a great deal for people who is looking for a nice neutral palette.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2013 12:22:00 PM More reviews by IamJasmine

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

BUY THIS! I use this with my everyday smokey eye, and I've had it since the end of 2012 and I'm putting a dent in the pans! I'd have to say that Verve is my favorite color out of this palette. :) I read somewhere that someone thought Tease was DRY and HARD TO GET ON THE BRUSH? It's such a creamy taupe color and has good color payoff, as well as Foxy, so don't worry about the matte colors being "dry." That's definitely not the case with my Naked 2. :) The only fallout I've noticed is with YDK, and I can't really notice any other colors falling out. But even if a color does, just sweep it away with a fan brush. Will repurchase the Naked 2 if I run out of a single color in this, because it's way cheaper than buying an 18$ single eyeshadow, when you can get 12 eyeshadows for 50$ all together. :)