April 18, 2014 | 934 users online

Pressed Powders - New York Color - Pressed Translucent Powder

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 on 8/29/2005 5:39:00 PM More reviews by do_you_darexoh

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

i hate it. i thought it would actually work after all the good reviews. but it only takes away the shine for maybe like an hour but after that my face gets all oil. it also got a bit cakey on my skin. also made my skin horrible with acne.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2005 1:16:00 AM More reviews by SunsetRodeo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Thank-you so much MUA!! I would definitely not have tried this powder had it not been for this site! What a wonderful product for an even greater price!! I break out from everything, but miraculously, this is one powder that keeps my skin looking clear! Plus, it's perfect in sopping up the oilies and keeping my skin matte. Doesn't look cakey or streakey at all. I don't mind the packaging either. An amazing find!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/25/2005 10:02:00 AM More reviews by yoshipeach

I've been using this powder for 2 years now. It's my HG for blotting my t-zone. It does not cause breakouts or clogged pores, lasts a long time and look very neutral against my skin. You really can't beat $1.99 for an outstanding product!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/25/2005 8:16:00 AM More reviews by Scarlett_Canada

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The best blotting powder I have EVER used. I used to be a faithful Mac Blot powder user, but I decided to give this a try on the rec's. It costs around $3.00 CDN, and for my super oily skin, it works even better than Mac's. It applies like a dream (but get rid of that horrible sponge applicator) and keeps my skin looking matte for much longer than any other pressed powder I've tried. I'm a faithful convert, and I think the compact is cute, but who cares if the product really works?

rated 4 of 5 on 7/24/2005 1:32:00 AM More reviews by Br0wnEyes

I wish it were packaged better, but what do you expect for $1.99? It does its job, though. I have it in Naturally Beige. The only problem is that I should switch to a blush brush when applying instead of the sponge it comes with because it tends to look so nice if I don't apply it lightly enough.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2005 3:43:00 PM More reviews by auras

Not too bad product for the price, but it doesn't control oilies very well, I have to reapply or use a film every 2 hrs. I use the medium shade, which matches my slightly tanned skin very well.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/4/2005 12:45:00 AM More reviews by fashion_equalsPASSION

((EDIT))
oh. my. gosh.
in the past few months i've noticed my skin has gotten really bad. my forehead, nose, chin and the tops of my cheeks under my eyes. all the places I apply this stuff.

I'm going to quit using it and see if my skin clears up.

I'm also going to subtract another lippie.

((END EDIT))

I am currently on my 2nd compact of this, and will shortly need to buy a 3rd. I adore this stuff. Instead of buying expensive powder, this stuff is $2. It goes on sheerly and absorbs all of my oil and shine. Instead of using the sponge, I use a powder brush instead.

I took off one lipstick because when I dust it on, it often leaves a layer of dusty looking powder on my nose and forehead. It's easy to fix by gently patting your hands on your face.

I wouldn't reccomend this for dry skin because it seems to accentuate dryness.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2005 7:26:00 PM More reviews by TylerDurdenSays

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I LOVE this product!!! I have tried several different powders in an attempt to neutralize or at least assuage my oily/combination skin, and this is definitely my HG powder! Lightweight, not cakey, works very well to control oil, and who can beat the price? My only gripe is that it's often sold out =( but that has nothing to do with the product. A fabulous buy. I have red hair and hazel eyes, fair to medium skin, but I buy this powder in Translucent and it doesn't dull my skin tone.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2005 8:06:00 PM More reviews by BadMojo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a great product. I love that its only like $1.99 and that it works great on my oily skin. Only think I dont like is the packaging. I have only had it for about a week but Im afraid it will break any minute. This works better than any other d/s pressed powder I have tried. Doesnt turn colors or get cakey. Love it and will buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/17/2005 7:05:00 PM More reviews by kristine123452

I like this powder alot. I bought it in the 2nd lightest shade and it worked well and I got it for 2 dollars so I'm gonna buy it again