December 19, 2014 | 1572 users online

Liquid - Chanel - Vitalumiere

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2010 1:32:00 AM More reviews by miszdeniise

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was matched to Limpide (10) and im NC15-20 right between. Once it warmed up to my skin i think it oxidized a bit and turned a bit orange, not alot but just a little. I have redness so I like my foundations to have yellow to them. Also it looked kind of shiny on me.

BIG EDIT!!!-
6 months later now winter, my skin gets real dry with other foundation so I needed a foundation that was good for dry skin so I went to the counter and gave it a chance. I am actually 20 Clair which suits me way better. Its very hydrating and extremely dewy, even more then F&B I think so no wonder I hated it in the summer time. You must set this foundation tho because if not it will transfer very easily. Set it with a powder puff, not a brush because the brush will move the product around just pat it in. Im currently using MSFN and just bought Chanel Universelle Compacte which im trying out. Love this foundation is wonderful. if you have really dry skin and other foundations look dry and get cakey during the day on you deff try this!!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/25/2010 6:21:00 PM More reviews by keim

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this foundation. I have very dry skin and most foundations that I use make my skin look worse because they cling to my dry patches.

This would be HG status for me if I could find a shade match! After wearing 30 cendre for the past few days it's too yellow? For my skin. I look ill! I'm a light skinned Latina with yellow undertones but this CEndre shade is too Biegy yellow for me. I am really sad that I will have to return vitalumiere because I adore the dewy finish and how amazing it is for dry skin.

Chanel you have customers that are also people of color! I guess we don't matter to them considering they don't have darker shades either. Oh well :(

rated 1 of 5 on 5/25/2010 3:38:00 AM More reviews by Sayers

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

After wearing a sample of this in Limpede and really liking it I went for the full $61.00 bottle. S'okay I didn't need to eat for a week anyway. Did it perform like the sample? No. For some mysterious reason it was so greasy I could have been the poster girl for BP! Back it goes and am now test driving Lift Lumiere. Geez foundation shopping is a full-time job.

5 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 5/20/2010 10:19:00 AM More reviews by MaryBulychev

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I had this foundation in the palest shadow I can get - #10 Limpide, it gives more healthy and unify look for my skin, but it was too dark and brown for my fair tone. For more tanned skin it could be good. In addition it does not cover my blemishes and pores, so for my daily foundation/primer I prefer Korean BB creams to all costly or cheap primers or foundations that I ever tried. So I'll not recommend this fluid foundation for pale/fair skin with imperfections. And, yes, it's toooo costly for what it gives.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/29/2010 3:12:00 PM More reviews by Katie18

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I used to wear this foundation a few years ago and I loved the way it looked when I first applied it, smooth and glowing, good coverage and the shade was perfect for me but here are the reasons why I stopped using it: 1. It felt very greasy, tacky on my skin, I felt like I was wearing oil on my face. 2. It didn't have very good staying power, by mid afternoon it had disappeared altogether, just leaving my face feeling greasy! 3. It broke me out in spots really bad. So I concluded that it wasn't for me, even though it looked so good at first, and in photographs, I want my make-up to last all day because I don't have time to re-apply. Shame really, its quite expensive and for a big name like Chanel I expected better. Sorry but I won't be going back to this any time soon!!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2010 8:00:00 PM More reviews by mcenriqu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Hello, HG foundation!

I fell in love with the old formulation of Vitalumiere last summer- the dewy finish was perfect for my very dry skin and the Cameo 1.0 color was not too pink nor yellow. Come winter once my skin had really lightened up, I could no longer find a shade light enough for me. Heartbreak ensued and I temporarily switched to another brand that just never achieved what Vitalumiere did for me. I just re-visited the Chanel counter to see the updated shades in the new formulation and Diaphane 0.2 is perfect for my very fair skin.

I agree with the other reviewer: this new formulation is a bit thinner, not quite as rich feeling and seems to give a bit less coverage, but still gives a similar dewy look. It melts beautifully into my skin. A note for those with facial hair: I have peach fuzz on my cheeks and my skin is too sensitive to remove it. Some foundations really cling to the hairs and to put it not-so-nicely, make me look like a stuffed animal (I call it teddy bear face!)- but the Vitalumiere doesn't do this at all.

For those with very dry skin looking for dewiness, this is absolutely worth a try. The glass bottle looks lovely on my vanity tray and the pump is great for sanitary reasons. For my specific skin needs (trying to achieve dewiness without looking like a disco ball while constantly battling dryness) the price becomes inconsequential after I tally up all the compliments I get on my glowing "no-makeup" skin. I love knowing when I get ready in the morning I have such an awesome ally in my makeup arsenal.

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2010 12:45:00 PM More reviews by flitcraft

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm a long time user of Vitalumiere and wanted to comment on the new formula as compared to the old formula. First, the colors have changed. I was a limpide in the old formula, their lightest shade at .5. Now I'm ivory, also a .5--but good news, they have added an even lighter shade at .2! I often add a tiny amount of a lighter foundation to my .5 to get the right tone, so for really pale gals, you now have a new choice.

The rosy scent is gone, which is good. The texture is a bit more liquid than the older one, which was the consistency of heavy cream. And it is a bit less sticky--the old formula would encourage stray hairs to stick to my face.

I think the finish is a little less dewy and a bit more neutral, and the finish is a bit sheerer than before. This is neither positive nor negative but a matter of personal taste. I prefer the dewier look with my very dry skin, but most people probably don't.

Still a fabulous foundation for mature dry skin, though.

14 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/26/2010 1:23:00 PM More reviews by gabbott

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Other, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

In my continued search for the perfect foundation I tried this and I loved it! I didn't love the price but it looked terrific on my combination skin, the perfect amount of dewy-ness. The color was gorgeous. The only problem I had with this is that is rubbed off on clothing. That was a big deal to me because of the price. I have the feeling that I will purchase this again and use a primer with it to give it one last chance as it was a beautiful foundation if one is after the dewy look. The price is a little steep but a little goes a long way.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2010 1:08:00 PM More reviews by bankston76

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have fallen in love after all this time of waiting. I have searched high and low for a foundation just like this. I had a perfect foundation imagined in my head and I've been on the search for it forever, until now. This foundation is a dream. It is so light, I don't even know I'm wearing it. I put the smallest amount on my fingers and just gently blend it on my face. It's so easy to blend, it takes no effort. It is not cakey what so ever and it covers and makes my face beautiful. It looks very natural and makes me look like I've got beautiful skin.It doesn't settle into my lines or pores which I always have a problem with. It wears all day under my neutrogena moisturizer with high spf. It makes me look glowy, not glittery, just beautiful. It doesn't break me out, and everything always breaks me out. Hydrates my skin all day. The color matches me so perfectly. I don't like the price but this is the most expensive thing i wear on my face and I use other products that are mostly drugstore so it makes up for itself. And-it is going to last me probably until it's expired and too old to use because I use the tinyest amount, not even a pump. I love this stuff and I'll use it forever if I can afford it.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2010 11:42:00 PM More reviews by sparklythings

really wanted to like this. saw some pixiwoo on youtube with this, and her skin looked amazing.
I have relatively good skin. i dont have any acne or breakouts or anything. Just redness, which i like to cover and just to even out my overall skintone.
I have normal to dry skin, and this foundation did absolutely nothing for me.
it did not cover any of my redness. it only made me look shiny and greasy.
my mac face and body tinted moisturizer had more coverage than this.
back to the store it went!

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No