September 22, 2014 | 1584 users online

Liquid - Chanel - Vitalumiere

rated 3 of 5 on 5/20/2010 10:19:00 AM More reviews by MaryBulychev

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I had this foundation in the palest shadow I can get - #10 Limpide, it gives more healthy and unify look for my skin, but it was too dark and brown for my fair tone. For more tanned skin it could be good. In addition it does not cover my blemishes and pores, so for my daily foundation/primer I prefer Korean BB creams to all costly or cheap primers or foundations that I ever tried. So I'll not recommend this fluid foundation for pale/fair skin with imperfections. And, yes, it's toooo costly for what it gives.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/29/2010 3:12:00 PM More reviews by Katie18

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I used to wear this foundation a few years ago and I loved the way it looked when I first applied it, smooth and glowing, good coverage and the shade was perfect for me but here are the reasons why I stopped using it: 1. It felt very greasy, tacky on my skin, I felt like I was wearing oil on my face. 2. It didn't have very good staying power, by mid afternoon it had disappeared altogether, just leaving my face feeling greasy! 3. It broke me out in spots really bad. So I concluded that it wasn't for me, even though it looked so good at first, and in photographs, I want my make-up to last all day because I don't have time to re-apply. Shame really, its quite expensive and for a big name like Chanel I expected better. Sorry but I won't be going back to this any time soon!!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2010 8:00:00 PM More reviews by mcenriqu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Hello, HG foundation!

I fell in love with the old formulation of Vitalumiere last summer- the dewy finish was perfect for my very dry skin and the Cameo 1.0 color was not too pink nor yellow. Come winter once my skin had really lightened up, I could no longer find a shade light enough for me. Heartbreak ensued and I temporarily switched to another brand that just never achieved what Vitalumiere did for me. I just re-visited the Chanel counter to see the updated shades in the new formulation and Diaphane 0.2 is perfect for my very fair skin.

I agree with the other reviewer: this new formulation is a bit thinner, not quite as rich feeling and seems to give a bit less coverage, but still gives a similar dewy look. It melts beautifully into my skin. A note for those with facial hair: I have peach fuzz on my cheeks and my skin is too sensitive to remove it. Some foundations really cling to the hairs and to put it not-so-nicely, make me look like a stuffed animal (I call it teddy bear face!)- but the Vitalumiere doesn't do this at all.

For those with very dry skin looking for dewiness, this is absolutely worth a try. The glass bottle looks lovely on my vanity tray and the pump is great for sanitary reasons. For my specific skin needs (trying to achieve dewiness without looking like a disco ball while constantly battling dryness) the price becomes inconsequential after I tally up all the compliments I get on my glowing "no-makeup" skin. I love knowing when I get ready in the morning I have such an awesome ally in my makeup arsenal.

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2010 12:45:00 PM More reviews by flitcraft

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm a long time user of Vitalumiere and wanted to comment on the new formula as compared to the old formula. First, the colors have changed. I was a limpide in the old formula, their lightest shade at .5. Now I'm ivory, also a .5--but good news, they have added an even lighter shade at .2! I often add a tiny amount of a lighter foundation to my .5 to get the right tone, so for really pale gals, you now have a new choice.

The rosy scent is gone, which is good. The texture is a bit more liquid than the older one, which was the consistency of heavy cream. And it is a bit less sticky--the old formula would encourage stray hairs to stick to my face.

I think the finish is a little less dewy and a bit more neutral, and the finish is a bit sheerer than before. This is neither positive nor negative but a matter of personal taste. I prefer the dewier look with my very dry skin, but most people probably don't.

Still a fabulous foundation for mature dry skin, though.

14 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/26/2010 1:23:00 PM More reviews by gabbott

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Other, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

In my continued search for the perfect foundation I tried this and I loved it! I didn't love the price but it looked terrific on my combination skin, the perfect amount of dewy-ness. The color was gorgeous. The only problem I had with this is that is rubbed off on clothing. That was a big deal to me because of the price. I have the feeling that I will purchase this again and use a primer with it to give it one last chance as it was a beautiful foundation if one is after the dewy look. The price is a little steep but a little goes a long way.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2010 1:08:00 PM More reviews by bankston76

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have fallen in love after all this time of waiting. I have searched high and low for a foundation just like this. I had a perfect foundation imagined in my head and I've been on the search for it forever, until now. This foundation is a dream. It is so light, I don't even know I'm wearing it. I put the smallest amount on my fingers and just gently blend it on my face. It's so easy to blend, it takes no effort. It is not cakey what so ever and it covers and makes my face beautiful. It looks very natural and makes me look like I've got beautiful skin.It doesn't settle into my lines or pores which I always have a problem with. It wears all day under my neutrogena moisturizer with high spf. It makes me look glowy, not glittery, just beautiful. It doesn't break me out, and everything always breaks me out. Hydrates my skin all day. The color matches me so perfectly. I don't like the price but this is the most expensive thing i wear on my face and I use other products that are mostly drugstore so it makes up for itself. And-it is going to last me probably until it's expired and too old to use because I use the tinyest amount, not even a pump. I love this stuff and I'll use it forever if I can afford it.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2010 11:42:00 PM More reviews by sparklythings

really wanted to like this. saw some pixiwoo on youtube with this, and her skin looked amazing.
I have relatively good skin. i dont have any acne or breakouts or anything. Just redness, which i like to cover and just to even out my overall skintone.
I have normal to dry skin, and this foundation did absolutely nothing for me.
it did not cover any of my redness. it only made me look shiny and greasy.
my mac face and body tinted moisturizer had more coverage than this.
back to the store it went!

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2010 2:38:00 PM More reviews by jsnowden0001

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought the moisturizing version of this product - there is also an oil-free version. Enhances without weight and feels great on the skin. I don't have dark patches, scars or blemishes which require lots of coverage, so this works for me very well. An application tip - the SA applied the foundation with a flat brush, then used a dry kabuki brush to buff it into my skin. Interesting technique which leaves a wonderful, fully-blended look.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/9/2010 8:33:00 AM More reviews by Emma0007

I would definately recommend this product for people with really dry skin...not for people with combination like me. The reason i bought it was because this winter my skin went extremely dry in the harsh winter wind so i thought this would help and recently I've been wearing during the summer (only because I'm saving my money to get the vitalumiere aqua). It did...for a while. However, i found that this foundation wore off very quickly and made my skin go shiny...tho with regular touch ups you can rescue it.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/9/2010 6:23:00 AM More reviews by DivaEx

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

So I just had to try this Chanel Vitalumiere Liquid Foundation that looks so good on the SA and totally delish seeing as it's Chanel! Beige #40 is the best color match to my skin that I've ever come across but... (and there's always a rather big but ...) as lovely as this liquid foundation is on application and feel it had no staying power!!! I strictly do the whole twice daily shebang of cleansing, toning and moisturising as well as prepping and priming before foundation but Chanel Vitalumiere did not last - especially around the T-Zone. I tried their primers as well as other brands and I even went without primer (a big no-no I know). I applied Mattifying Pore-Minimizing Gel on my T-Zones and still nothing. I found that within a few hours of wear that it just SLID OFF my face!!! I had a decent size sample and tried it over several different days and weeks - still the same. I tried SUPER hard to love this but alas in vain!!! Feels lovely and gives a slightly dewy smooth light coverage but has no lasting power. Can't justify it's purchase even though it's the perfect shade ;o( However this may well work on someone with DRY skin and no oily T-Zone.