April 16, 2014 | 977 users online

Liquid - Chanel - Vitalumiere

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2010 12:45:00 PM More reviews by flitcraft

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm a long time user of Vitalumiere and wanted to comment on the new formula as compared to the old formula. First, the colors have changed. I was a limpide in the old formula, their lightest shade at .5. Now I'm ivory, also a .5--but good news, they have added an even lighter shade at .2! I often add a tiny amount of a lighter foundation to my .5 to get the right tone, so for really pale gals, you now have a new choice.

The rosy scent is gone, which is good. The texture is a bit more liquid than the older one, which was the consistency of heavy cream. And it is a bit less sticky--the old formula would encourage stray hairs to stick to my face.

I think the finish is a little less dewy and a bit more neutral, and the finish is a bit sheerer than before. This is neither positive nor negative but a matter of personal taste. I prefer the dewier look with my very dry skin, but most people probably don't.

Still a fabulous foundation for mature dry skin, though.

14 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/26/2010 1:23:00 PM More reviews by gabbott

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Other, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

In my continued search for the perfect foundation I tried this and I loved it! I didn't love the price but it looked terrific on my combination skin, the perfect amount of dewy-ness. The color was gorgeous. The only problem I had with this is that is rubbed off on clothing. That was a big deal to me because of the price. I have the feeling that I will purchase this again and use a primer with it to give it one last chance as it was a beautiful foundation if one is after the dewy look. The price is a little steep but a little goes a long way.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2010 1:08:00 PM More reviews by bankston76

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have fallen in love after all this time of waiting. I have searched high and low for a foundation just like this. I had a perfect foundation imagined in my head and I've been on the search for it forever, until now. This foundation is a dream. It is so light, I don't even know I'm wearing it. I put the smallest amount on my fingers and just gently blend it on my face. It's so easy to blend, it takes no effort. It is not cakey what so ever and it covers and makes my face beautiful. It looks very natural and makes me look like I've got beautiful skin.It doesn't settle into my lines or pores which I always have a problem with. It wears all day under my neutrogena moisturizer with high spf. It makes me look glowy, not glittery, just beautiful. It doesn't break me out, and everything always breaks me out. Hydrates my skin all day. The color matches me so perfectly. I don't like the price but this is the most expensive thing i wear on my face and I use other products that are mostly drugstore so it makes up for itself. And-it is going to last me probably until it's expired and too old to use because I use the tinyest amount, not even a pump. I love this stuff and I'll use it forever if I can afford it.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2010 11:42:00 PM More reviews by sparklythings

really wanted to like this. saw some pixiwoo on youtube with this, and her skin looked amazing.
I have relatively good skin. i dont have any acne or breakouts or anything. Just redness, which i like to cover and just to even out my overall skintone.
I have normal to dry skin, and this foundation did absolutely nothing for me.
it did not cover any of my redness. it only made me look shiny and greasy.
my mac face and body tinted moisturizer had more coverage than this.
back to the store it went!

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2010 2:38:00 PM More reviews by jsnowden0001

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought the moisturizing version of this product - there is also an oil-free version. Enhances without weight and feels great on the skin. I don't have dark patches, scars or blemishes which require lots of coverage, so this works for me very well. An application tip - the SA applied the foundation with a flat brush, then used a dry kabuki brush to buff it into my skin. Interesting technique which leaves a wonderful, fully-blended look.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/9/2010 8:33:00 AM More reviews by Emma0007

I would definately recommend this product for people with really dry skin...not for people with combination like me. The reason i bought it was because this winter my skin went extremely dry in the harsh winter wind so i thought this would help and recently I've been wearing during the summer (only because I'm saving my money to get the vitalumiere aqua). It did...for a while. However, i found that this foundation wore off very quickly and made my skin go shiny...tho with regular touch ups you can rescue it.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/9/2010 6:23:00 AM More reviews by DivaEx

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

So I just had to try this Chanel Vitalumiere Liquid Foundation that looks so good on the SA and totally delish seeing as it's Chanel! Beige #40 is the best color match to my skin that I've ever come across but... (and there's always a rather big but ...) as lovely as this liquid foundation is on application and feel it had no staying power!!! I strictly do the whole twice daily shebang of cleansing, toning and moisturising as well as prepping and priming before foundation but Chanel Vitalumiere did not last - especially around the T-Zone. I tried their primers as well as other brands and I even went without primer (a big no-no I know). I applied Mattifying Pore-Minimizing Gel on my T-Zones and still nothing. I found that within a few hours of wear that it just SLID OFF my face!!! I had a decent size sample and tried it over several different days and weeks - still the same. I tried SUPER hard to love this but alas in vain!!! Feels lovely and gives a slightly dewy smooth light coverage but has no lasting power. Can't justify it's purchase even though it's the perfect shade ;o( However this may well work on someone with DRY skin and no oily T-Zone.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2010 6:16:00 PM More reviews by womanwarrior

Chanel... you have spoiled me from buying any other brand of foundation. I use Vitalumiere in Cameo/Clair during the winter, when I'm about NC25. While many foundations aimed a dry skin are thick creams, this is a thin fluid, which thankfully comes in a pump which dispenses a small amount at a time. Like most Chanel foundations, this just melts into my skin. I met a friend for lunch with this on, and she was staring at my face and finally blurted out, "Your skin looks so perfect, no dark spots!" (As I have some melasma thanks to pregnancy and BCP)

Vitalumiere can get shiny on me during the summer, when my skin gets oilier, so I switch to either Teint Innocence or Shiseido SPF powder then.

Yes, the price is expensive, but the bottle is huge and will last a long time.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2010 11:38:00 AM More reviews by appey01

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

I have tried so many foundations and I can say that this has topped them all. I just recently purchased Nars Sheer Glow and I wanted to love this - but it highlighted all of my dry patches so I decided to go with the new formulation of Chanel's Vitalumiere Moisture Rich Radiance Foundation and I was floored by the results. I wasn't so sure I would love this due to the fact that I hardly wear sheer foundations but this foundation is my HG, my skin is smooth, and calm. I have dry, sensitive skin and mostly all foundations either irritate my skin or just don't work. I love this stuff! I also purchased this with the Poudre Universal Loose Powder - an amazing combination. Both are a bit pricey but with the amount that you have to use to get a flawless finish, I'll have these both for years- quite an investment if you ask me. I highly recommend!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2010 10:27:00 AM More reviews by sara99

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is my HG foundation. i put it on in the store as a joke and turned to my friend and her jaw dropped because she saw such a noticeable change in my skin (and i did not tell her i applied the foundation!). a little goes a LONG way, my bottle has lasted me forever and if and when i run out...i'll definitely purchase another one. my skin looks dewy without being greasy, great coverage and makes your skin look naturally flawless, it's as if you aren't wearing anything at all and your skin is just normally perfect.

LOVE!