September 16, 2014 | 1811 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Colorburst Lip Butter (All Shades)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2013 4:28:00 PM More reviews by cherrryyyx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

These are amazing. Perfect for everyday use, it's moisturising for the lips and the colour pay off is great. I have Strawberry Shortcake, Macaroon and Peach Parfait, and I think Peach Parfait is my favourite of the shades. The only thing I dislike about these is the packaging. When applying it feels flimsy and like it's about to snap, which is a little off putting for me because I'd HATE to break it. Other than that, I'm going to be purchasing more of these bad boys.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2013 4:10:00 PM More reviews by Sarah1325

I have red velvet and creme brule. They moisturize okay but the colour doesn't stay. I know its a balm but it just kinda slides. And with the red colour it does bleed.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/18/2013 6:53:00 AM More reviews by FridayLong

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Other

I finally caved to the constant good reviews from bloggers and bought several of these last week (2 one night and 4 more the next). I really like all the colors I bought, every single one. The formula is moisturizing on me and I love that it's less opaque and heavy than regular lipstick. I came here to give it a 5, but when I saw on several of the reviews how little product you get and rolled one up to check...I was flabbergasted to say the least. Considering the length of the tube, it's quite the intentional rip off. Will I buy them again? Yes, >IF<, Revlon increases the amount of product in the tube or if I find them BOGO free. $4 is about fair for what's in the tube, which is about the same amount you get in those skinny little Burt's Bees lip shimmers.

Update: I have 10 now. I really do love these, it's pretty much all I use these days. I even keep one on my desk or in my pocket (Pink Truffle) for when my lips feel dry. I STILL think the tube is deliberately misleading about the amount you get so will only buy them on sale, but I will continue to buy them BOGO.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 1/17/2013 7:52:00 PM More reviews by adrianna511

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I wanted to like it but if you have any dryness on your lips it really sticks to the dry parts and makes them stand out.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 1/12/2013 8:27:00 PM More reviews by cfthrifty

PROs: nice sheer color; not sparkly or super "wet" looking; subtle enough to wear everyday/casual.
CONs: more sticky than "buttery"; smells and tastes like lipstick; not moisturizing for dry winter lips; difficult to open tube.
It's more a sheer lipstick than it is butter or balm. I expected it to be more, well...,buttery; slippery, moisturizing- something closer in consistency to Burts Bees Lip Shimmers. This reminds me of CG Lipslicks, but slightly more opaque, and sticky. Pink Truffle is the tiniest bit redder than my CG Lipslicks Hipster. I like the color, and it looks good on. The look of the packaging (tube) is kinda pretty, but not worth the trouble it takes to get it open. I'll use it up eventually, but only when my lips are already super moisturized. Not a good choice for winter: sticky, dry, un-yummy lips. :(

rated 3 of 5 on 1/10/2013 10:06:00 PM More reviews by st3f4n42srb

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I wanted to like this product so much... =\
I'm not sure why these lip butters are so hyped up, they do nothing for me. I have the lip butter in raspberry pie, which is a beautiful dark pink shade. The lip butter is really quite pigmented, just slightly less pigmented than a lipstick. The problem is, this product dries my lips out! The reason that I was so excited about owning a lip butter was because pretty much all of my lipsticks are drying (because they're all drugstore). Lo & behold, the lip butters are only slightly less drying than my lipsticks! Not. Impressed.
I should also mention that I have very oily skin & lips. My lips are never dry unless I apply drugstore lipstick or one of these lip butters.
I like how light the product feels on the lips, but it also has a thin, greasy texture to it, whilst simultaneously sucking the moisture out of the lips. Weird.
I also dislike the colour selection. They have so many pale pinks, all of which look exactly the same. There are no mauve shades, & there are only 2 other shades in this collection which appeal to me.
What I will say though, is that the packaging is gorgeous & I LOVE the scent. It smells like cake batter!! You don't get very much product though, & these are very expensive where I live ($21-$23). I got mine on ebay.
All in all, i'm seriously disappointed. If I had bought these in Aus, I could have paid $7 more & gotten a YSL lipstick. SO OVERPRICED!!
Edit: Forgot to add, these are not long-lasting at all. I gave this product 3 stars for pretty packaging, a cute scent & good pigmentation.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2013 8:15:00 PM More reviews by Mellymoomar

I have three of these butters, in the shades 'Cotton Candy' 'Cupcake' & 'Sugar Frosting' and can safely say I do like them all. I can't do strong colour lipsticks as much as I'd love to be able to, as they just do not look right with my skin tone, so these are all pale pink colours. They are not heavily pigmented but that doesn't bother me much as I said some lip colours with lots of pigment can be a bit too much for my skin tone, but they are really nice and sheer, they give just that little bit of colour that I need on my lips. I usually apply a little vaseline on beforehand as I find these aren't that moisturising and can be a little drying, which is why I knock a point off for that. Sometimes I also like to use the Revlon lip gloss in the shade 'crystal water' as it adds a nice little gloss injection on top. Overall, these are nice if you like a little pop of colour, and are quick and easy to apply, and do not feather or bleed. A little bit pricey for what they are but I do like them so find they are worth it. Would recommend and buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/9/2013 6:22:00 AM More reviews by LadyxBec

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

These are pretty good for what they are, but I am not attracted to this type of formula.
The GOOD: decent range of shades, lasts pretty well, moisturising,
The BAD: for some reason these do not look true to colour on me at all, as with all Revlon, too expensive in Australia.

Overal I give them an ok. If you like sheer colours, then you'll love them, but I prefer something more solid and longer lasting

rated 3 of 5 on 1/6/2013 10:58:00 PM More reviews by DiAni

I have written a review for Candy Apple, in which I adore the color but can't give a squat about the texture of the lip butter itself. I now have amassed most of them, with the exception of the pale cool-toned pinks which does not look good on my NC 25 warm Asian skin and the nudies which are too sheer for my pigmented lips. I love the MLBB like Fig Jam (a tad brown), Pink Truffles, Sugar Plum (a teensy bit more plum than Pink Truffles) and of course Raspberry Pie. Pigmentation is fabulous for lip butters and the color range is beyond what I normally expected from a DS brand. You are bound to find something you love from this line. However, like Candy Apple, these lip butters ain't moisturizing on my lips at all whatsoever. They are kinda waxy and just sit on top of my lips. After a while the lip butter dries off and white lines appear around the inner corners of my lips. Bad bad bad lip butters. I won't purchase any of them again, because I ain't finish them in my life time. However if I used up my Pink Truffle, I would re-purchase the ColorBurst Lipstick in Rosy Nude or Soft Rose instead.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/6/2013 9:42:00 PM More reviews by livetolovexx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I first bought the Revlon lip butter in Sugar Frosting, and I HATED it!
Suprise, my first try at it was horrible, it was un pigmented and I didnt like the look it gave my lips.

Recently, I gave the lip butters another chance and i got Candy Apple, and guess what? I love it! The red is very wearable. Its a bright red colour and is pretty decently pigmented for a lip butter, I would definietly repurchase this shade.

Overall, I think that it depends which shades you purchase, There are alot of hit and misses to certain shades.