September 20, 2014 | 1165 users online

Cleansers - Aveeno - Aveeno Clear Complexion Foaming Cleanser

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/22/2009 12:57:00 PM More reviews by Shannonjc1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I decided to purchase this cleanser after I bought the pads and loved them. My skin is naturally pretty oily, but here lately it seems alot worse than usual and my normal face wash just wasnt cutting it. This stuff is amazing. I have way less oil than before, no breakouts and my skin texture is just very very smooth and bright. I love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/18/2009 1:49:00 PM More reviews by beaglesrule

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse Eyes: Green

I really like this cleanser ~ I've been using it for over a week now and I've noticed a difference in my skin.

I don't find it drying at all ~ I've got combination, (getting to) mature skin. It cleans very well, I follow up with a toner and cotton pads which would definitely show left over make up traces.

The foam itself is very light and airy in texture and I have no problem with the fragrance ~ I find that to be very light also.

I bought this on a whim and am happy with it ~ now let's see if it's magically discontinued....

rated 2 of 5 on 4/13/2009 1:51:00 PM More reviews by nightinggale07

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This was just a 'meh' cleanser for me. The smell is light and pleasant enough and I really love the fact that it comes out as a soft foam but, it didn't feel like it was cleaning my face. I used the entire bottle of this stuff and my face wasn't any clearer for it. For the record, I have oily, acne-prone skin. When I'd wash my face with this, it kind of felt like it had some type of oil or moisturizer in it- which isn't a good thing for me. I started getting zits on my cheeks (I usually never get them there). Overall, I liked the pump because it was convenient, and the soft foam--that's all. I will not repurchase, my money is better spent elsewhere!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2009 9:18:00 AM More reviews by gabiinchicago

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Pros: Hasn't caused breakouts after one month's use. Not overdrying. Pump applicator is easy to use. Price is okay. Need only one pump. I like that it doesn't seem to leave any residue. I alternate this with Cetaphil, and when I use this, the water cascades off my skin in sheets, but when I use Cetaphil, the water rolls down in drops, almost like there's oil or a residue on my skin. Not sure how else to describe it.

Cons: Scent - wish they'd skip this but not horrible. Would like a clear bottle to see how much is left. If you wear a long-lasting MU, you'll need a MU remover first.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/22/2009 12:59:00 PM More reviews by shyegurli

I've been using this product for over 5 years ever since I got a really bad case of acne when i was in highschool and nothing helped. I've used all sorts of expensive brands hoping to clear my skin but nothing worked until I randomly came across this at the drugstore. I picked it up and its probably the best choice I've made. The reason I got this was because of the natural ingredients that are in here. Keep in mind, this is not a miracle worker, but over time I saw my skin slowly clearing up and getting better and better. My acne from my teenage years have finally gone away. I do still get a couple of pimples here and there from time to time but honestly this cleanser has done a great job in clearing up my skin. After every wash it leaves my face feeling very clean and fresh and I do like the smell as well. I recommend this product to anyone who has tried everything and anything and still has not found a solution to their acne prone skin. For about $7-$8 I think it is definitly worth a try.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2009 6:59:00 PM More reviews by Vanessa_poc

I like foaming stuff b/c I feel like it cleans better for some reason. I use this to wash my makeup off and in the morning. It doesn't feel like it would clean makeup, but when I'm done, sometimes I'll take a white towel and wipe it across my face to check, and there is nothing there. I usually only get a couple random blemishes, probably from my junk food diet or I've been wearing too much makeup and clogging my pores. My face does feel a little dry afterwards, and I get minor dry patches, but I keep using it and I moisturize. I have tried sooo many cleansers and everytime I steer away from this, I break out like crazy. The only other cleanser that did the same job, but didn't seem to dry as much was St. Ives Apricot scrub, but I felt like that was too harsh for my skin to use daily. I'll keep using Aveeno's foaming cleanser, though b/c it works as long as I use moisturizer afterwards. And besides the random blemishes, my face is clear. As a sidenote, I never really had problems with acne besides tons of blackheads on my forehead when I was younger, but I got and used up a prescription for those years ago and they never came back. Perhaps this cleanser is why. I use the St. Ives scrub once a week now also, instead of daily.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/17/2009 8:02:00 PM More reviews by 2girly4unot111

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Well so far so good. I've been using this product for about a week now and it has cleared up my skin greatly FYI I have mild acne. At first it broke me out badly and I was going to stop but I was like keep using it (I use this with my clarisonic). It was pulling all the acne that was under my skin so after that everything was under control. My face is clear and everyone notice that which is a plus. Another plus is my complexion looks even better yayy lol! But on the downside it can really dry you out so moisturize moisturize moisturize!! I hope it continues to work you know you have your hopes high and next BAM it stop working lol!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2009 12:33:00 AM More reviews by urstandingonmytoes

I bought this for my pre-teen daughter that is having hormonal acne issues and its working really great! In fact, it is working so well for her that I've started using it and it is helping my skin stay clear, and it doesn't leave my face feeling really dry and tight. I like that its a pump foam, I use 2-3 pumps for my whole face and neck and the bottle seems to be lasting a long time, even with both of us using it daily--I've had it for 3 weeks now and it still feels half full. I also use the Aveeno skin brightening sunscreen in spf30 and I see visible results with that product too. I think the Aveeno line has quality products at affordable prices and I will repurchase.

UPDATE 2/2012 I have been using this for well over a year now and I continue to love it. It keeps my skin more clear than any other cleanser I've ever tried. I use this with a microfiber cloth and I wash my face twice..the first time to remove my makeup, the second time to actually clense my skin. Since I've been using this and doing this routine my breakouts have went down by easily..90% I see other reviewers saying they hate it...it all depends on your skin, I personally LOVE it!.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/24/2009 10:23:00 PM More reviews by ilm223

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

i bought this in my neverending quest to find a cleanser that my face likes. and my face really like it. it seemed like the only cleanser that didn't make me break out. the .5% salicylic acid seemed to be perfect for me: just enough to do something but not so much that it irritates. i just ran out of cleanser but didn't buy this one again because i have commitment issues

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2009 12:09:00 PM More reviews by Plagueofhamsters

This is a pretty nice cleanser. I have very oily skin, and though this didn't do much to keep that at bay, it did help diminish the amount of blemishes I got. I love the fact that it's only .5% Salycylic Acid, which is very gentle on my skin, cause apparently I have fairly sensitive skin as well (Who knew?). My only complaint about the packaging is that after you've used it for a bit, you have to push the little pump back up because the suction inside the bottle is too strong...and this makes getting enough cleanser a little troublesome.