Wet 'n' Wild Color Icon Palette - Comfort Zone

4.5

Price: $

Price: $

on 9/8/2012 2:48:00 AM

LOVE this palette!! So cheap but GREAT quality. I either use this or my Naked 2 Palette every day. When I first swatched the colors the first thing I noticed was that the shadows were SO soft.. which does fall under the eye sometimes when applying.. but if that's the only flaw for great pigmentation & $5.. I'll take it! You can't go wrong with this product!

Even if you aren't planning on using these daily, they're still an amazing buy. You get 8 shadows for $4.99 (Price at my cvs) and they're incredibly pigmented for a drugstore eyeshadow. When I first got mine, of course I dug my brush into it, trying to get as much shadow as I could because I didn't expect it to have a lot of color, but whoa, was I wrong. I actually needed to clean off my brush and try again with less shadow xD
They're great to have laying around, and some of the colors included are truly unique! Especially for a drugstore find! These palettes give you everything you need to be neutral, dramatic, smokey, or just playful. Extremely versatile!

on 9/6/2012 4:29:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

Too shimmery for my taste.The colors are pretty though.Great for women of color.

Let's face it, I'm an eyeshadow SNOB! I stick my nose up at most drugstore shadows because of their lack of pigment, blendability and chalky formulas. I don't think I would have ever touched this palette without the stellar reviews I've read over and over again. I was feeling a little crazy ... er ... 'wild' in CVS yesterday and I couldn't resist the try (hey it was under $5). Holy $@#%!! This palette rivals my Urban Decay shadows ... I had a full on WTF moment this morning when I applied 'too much' of the richly pigmented brown on my outer v - it's that good. All I can say is run, don't walk to your nearest drugstore to pick this baby up ... Eyeshadow SNOB's alike will not be disappointed!

As a side note to the reviewers who commented on the packaging: I work in the design industry and all that pretty packaging drives up the price of a product immensely. What you've got here is a diamond in the rough ... No, the package isn't covered in velvet and stamped in hot foil but it serves it's purpose which is to hold and protect the product inside. Look past it and into the richly pigmented, blendable beauties!

on 8/31/2012 6:36:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I was panicking days before my wedding because I intended on buying UD's Naked palette but didnt get a chance & was not near anyplace that stocked it...so I randomly bought this at CVS. It was one of the best purchases I ever made. I never thought I would be proud to say I wore WNW shadows for my wedding day, but it looked gorgeous, pigmented, blended & held up all night. Love every color in the palette, and I just might buy another just for good measure.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I love this palette. These colors are all dupes for MAC eye-shadows and they are all very pigmented and well worth the inexpensive price tag. My favorite color is the bottom right, it's a super pretty iridescent purplish/bluish/green. I love this and use it daily.

on 8/31/2012 6:06:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

What can I say - this is super duper quality for an incredible price. All colours are gorgeous i doubted I would like half of them when I bought it online and just wanted the greens and a couple of the neutrals - but I love the lot. Yes the "Club" dupe definitely is a dupe I used to own club and found it too grubby brown and sparkly but this one seems to be more finely milled and the base is more of a terracotta/plum. I would highly recommend finding this even if you have to do some intensive research to track one down - we don't have this brand in NZ but it is being imported privately and I can source through auction sites - picked this up for $16 NZ (about $7.50 USD) along with Brulee and nutty for $7.50 NZD each (approx $3.50 in US dollars) so I still got these for quite a bargain considering that here in NZ the average shadow single from Revlon/Covergirl is in the $20 range and MAC is $35-40, Estee $60+ a piece and this is of better quality than most brands and comparable to MAC.

on 8/21/2012 8:27:00 PM

I just bought this palette yesterday and I absolutely love it! The colors are extremely pigmented, and blend very well to create a great look overall. I got this for $3 at CVS and I love how it is so cheap, yet great quality. I will definitely be buying this palette again in the future!

on 8/13/2012 1:35:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I love this palette!! In fact, this palette is an "Editor's Choice" for 2012. It outpaced the high-end palettes like UD's Naked. This palette suits varying skin tones, the texture is smooth, it's blendable and inexpensive. Overall, you get a ginormous bang (quality) for small bucks...love it!!!!

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Comfort zone by Wet n Wild is a very wearable palette for anyone who likes neutrals. All the shades are shimmery and soft, which causes fall out under my eyes, but the pigmentation is unreal! I would pay $4.99 for the bottom right definer shade alone. It's a reddish-brown that has an ocean blue shift which many people compare to UD "lounge" eyeshadow. I find the colors very similar, although I much prefer the dense texture of UD because Wet n Wild shadows are very powdery and soft, which makes them tricky to apply with precision. This is such a great purchase and I'm having so much fun mixing and matching the shades included! The browbone shades are basically useless due to the frosty finish and not light enough for highlight, so I use them on my eyelid. Otherwise, this kit contains all you need for a day or night look. Very impressed! Be careful with packaging, as the shadows are prone to breaking.

Video Reviews & Tutorials