November 23, 2014 | 1919 users online

Liquid - Revlon - ColorStay Makeup [Reformulated Early 2013]

This product has been discontinued

rated 4 of 5 on 7/8/2013 4:28:00 PM More reviews by IsaRiquezes

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a very good foundation, it has good coverage and stays on all day, or in my case, all night since I only use it when I'm going out because I find it too heavy for everyday use and I don't really have any skin problems to cover up. I also use it to do my sister's makeup when she does her dancing recitals and it covers her blemishes up very well and leaves her skin looking flawless. The only problem I have with it is the packaging, it would be better if it had a pump because you have to pour the liquid in the brush or in your hands and sometimes too much comes out and you have to wash it off and waste it. But overall I really like it

rated 3 of 5 on 7/7/2013 2:28:00 AM More reviews by AnEnglishRose

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This used to be my HG foundation until 2 things happened.

1) They changed the formula from 8-hour to 16-hour and it made the foundation cake and oxidize darker.
    2) I found Giorgio Armani's Luminous Silk Foundation.

This is still a decent foundation and I'll go for it if I feel like I need a full-coverage foundation, but I'm not as impressed with it as I was a year ago.

I've tried returning to my bottle of this foundation a number of times because I remember how it used to set on my face a year ago. My wallet would seriously love it if I could return to this product; at 10 bucks a bottle, it's a deal. But I find the coverage to be too heavy, even when I mix it with a sunscreen to sheer it out. The lightest shade in the 'oily/combination' formula used to fit me, but with the new formula, it oxidizes a tad too dark. I feel like it's obvious I'm wearing this product and slight bumps on my face are made more prominent. The older formula also seemed to have a brightening effect on my skin - whereas this new formula makes my skin look pretty dull and flat.

The consistency is very thick! There is no pump, so I shake it upside-down quickly with my finger as a stopper to grab a little bit at a time for each section of my face. It dries quickly and can be tricky to blend. For this reason, I put on a generous amount of Neutrogena SPF 100+ beforehand, which is a thick, oily feeling lotion. I put my foundation on immediately after the lotion while it's still kind of wet and sitting on my skin. Because the formula is made for oily types, it's intended to dry extremely matte. With the oily sunscreen underneath it, I feel like it gives it a semi-matte finish which is more flattering than a dry, harsh matte. There is an odor to this foundation that is less than pleasant, but it fades right after it sets, so it's not too troublesome. I barely even notice it anymore, but someone new to the product would definitely notice.

Overall, I'm not too excited about this foundation. The only real benefits I've come up with are: It's cheap. It's widely available. It lasts for the majority of the day. It comes in a range of colors. It's highly pigmented.

It's not the best, but for the price, it's not bad to have lying around as a backup foundation.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 7/6/2013 6:24:00 PM More reviews by Jessthebest1230

This foundation is okay. I don't think it covers as well as most others. I do like the price, which is why I will purchase it again.
    I usually put powder on top of my foundation anyway, but I would still like a little better coverage. But for now, I will purchase again.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/6/2013 12:45:00 PM More reviews by makeupxo

I feel as if I am the only one who doesn't like this foundation. I have combination skin so I got the formula for dry skin but somehow it managed to cling on to my dry patches. It also looked horrible when applied with my fingers.

Pros:
    cheaper than high end foundations
    long lasting
    oil control

Cons:
    no pump!
    drying (dry formula!)
    too matte
    cakey
    thick
    felt very heavy on the skin
    made me break out
    expensive for drugstore (20$ in Canada)

I would not buy this foundation again and there is still so much of the bottle left. Waste of my money :(

rated 4 of 5 on 7/6/2013 12:42:00 AM More reviews by goldchocobo

I have been using this on and off for about 6 months.

I like it, I really do. But there are a few things to consider!

Pros: Awesome coverage. I like my foundation on the thicker side, and this stuff delivers. If I'm in a hurry, I just tuck it below my eyes and run out the door. I can also dodge concealer by going over minor blemishes with a concealer brush once I did an overall foundation swipe. It's highly efficient. And a little goes a long way. I use a kabuki or my fingers. I used to use a stipling brush and that worked fine too. Just buff a little and you can't go wrong. Also, you can get it in normal or oily/combination variations. Awesome!

Cons: Can look mask-like. I don't really know how else to describe it. Get a good match, or it looks like you are moonlighting as a Geisha in your spare time. I bought this in "Ivory" and it was a tad too light, making me look a little...umm..chalky (and Im vampire pale)? It looked a tad obvious because of it's high coverage qualities. Double check your shade matching. I fixed the problem by mixing it with a physician's formula BB cream that's too dark for me. Two wrongs combined make a right in my world.

Also, no pump. Whatever, I'll live.

Staying power was good. And I didnt break out. I set it with a translucent powder (MAC) and it didnt give me trouble. But I will definately buy the next shade up when I grab it again...and I totally will. Now if only I didnt buy the whipped foundation a shade too dark.... I just never learn!

It's a great foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/5/2013 6:55:00 PM More reviews by ihoardmakeup

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Green

This is AWESOMMEEE. I don't know how if fairs on dry skin but on my oily skin it's amazing! This looks gorgeous no matter how I apply it, and it lasts all day without touch ups! I apply a light transparent powder after use, and it normally lasts me all day! (But we don't have the hottest of weather here so... Maybe for others it would be different.) Definitely a HG for me! It can feel a little heavy, but what do you expect from a full coverage foundation? And it has a very strong scent.... One other thing is I do wish this came with a pump! It would make like a lot easier because sometimes you accidentally pour out too much. Those two things alon bring it down one lippie but it is still one of my top foundations ever!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/4/2013 3:03:00 AM More reviews by 4ft11flipper211

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have been using Revlon ColorStay foundation religiously for nearly 2 years. It never disappoints and stays on almost all day (as long as I remember to set it with powder). I used to have really dry skin and used the formula for dry skin. Then I started using acne medication and it completely flipped my skin so it's now pretty oily (in the morning you can see the oil seeping out of the pores in my T-zone). It was simple: the formula for dry skin was slipping off my face so I switched over to the formula for oily skin. Problem solved! I switch between the shade 320 and 330 depending on the season. Always perfect!!

The only thing I do wish is that it had a pump instead of being an open bottle. Pumps are much easier and much more sanitary.

But even then, I'll always always always repurchase! It's a high-end quality foundation for the price of a drugstore foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2013 1:29:00 AM More reviews by carouselgirl2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've tried numerous drug store brands but always come back to this one! It's a full coverage foundation and I prefer that. I have oily skin and this controls it really well. Most other foundations tend to disappear after a few hours but not this one. It lasts all day for me. I use an E.L.F. foundation brush to apply it and it goes on smooth and natural looking. Covers evenly and disguises blemishes well. I will definitely repurchase this product. I'm done trying different brands.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/3/2013 10:17:00 PM More reviews by Shelby3387

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Pros:
    good coverage for a drug store foundation

cons:
    got cakey after a few hours
    hard to apply
    smelt like paint
    made my dry skin show a lot more
    color didnt match well

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2013 2:53:00 PM More reviews by criticize

Best drugstore foundation I've ever tried. I don't know how many bottles I've gone through, at least 10+ by now. There is a noticeable (for me anyway) difference between the Normal/Dry and Combo/Oily. Originally I thought because I have dry skin, I'd go with normal/dry (duh). But it's more streaky and liquidy, and doesn't stay on as well as the combo/oily, but the combo is thicker/heavier as it provides better coverage. Depends on your preference of foundations but I just grab the combo because it's a great medium to full coverage look and stays on all day. I'm not sure about the 24 hour claim on some of the bottles because I've never worn it for THAT long but I've worn my foundation for 16 hours on a hot, hard, working day and it literally stayed put (with drugstore primer+finishing powder). 150 Buff is my colour as I'm very fair with yellow undertones, I think Ivory is really pink under toned from what I could see in stores. The price is decent, I buy it for around 12$ a bottle which honestly I'd rather pay an extra 5ish $ for a great foundation than settle for something around 7$ and be unsatisfied. It lasts me a long time even though I use it every single day. I don't even use concealer all the time and I had horrible acne which this foundation covered all up beautifully. It has a nice sort of dewy finish -- it's not too wet, and not mattifying, it's just a perfect blend. I always set my foundations with a powder for extra assurance that my face won't melt off. As mentioned before, I have dry skin but I have an extremely oily nose, which is literally impossible to counteract and I have to blot it when I wear Colorstay, but I have to blot my nose constantly even when I'm not wearing makeup because it just overproduces oil, aka I don't blame the foundation.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No