July 23, 2014 | 1146 users online

Liquid - Revlon - ColorStay Makeup [Reformulated Early 2013]

This product has been discontinued

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2013 12:21:00 AM More reviews by Shauneexo

I'm in the minority here, I'm not a fan of this foundation. It looks so mask like, breaks me out, and Is wayyyy too matte. I have dry skin that can get oily since I live in a humid climate, but I still do not enjoy matte make ups on my face. This is no exception, it settles into fine lines, and if I have an active pimple, it cakes up on top of it and makes it way more obvious. Will not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/25/2013 11:18:00 PM More reviews by lmccann8037

I absolutely love this stuff! I am very fair and have a big problem with dry acne and dark spots. So I am always on the lookout for foundations that are both a good coverage AND don't turn me into an oompa loompa! This is definitely the best I have found! Definitely recommend this foundation. The only thing I dislike ( a very small problem) is the packaging. I wish it had come with a pump of some sort, because it is a very messy product to use. I always either get too much or too little on the back of my hand! Otherwise love this product and use it whenever I feel I need some coverage.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/24/2013 7:27:00 PM More reviews by HeyGorgeousBabe

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

The Revlon ColorStay Liquid Foundation for Combination/Oily Skin product is AMAZING. I have never been able to find a liquid foundation or BB Cream that didn't leave my skin feeling oily after several hours of application. If I apply too much around my nose, it will become oily quickly so I usually have to be pretty accurate when applying this foundation. The packaging isn't necessarily efficient, I have to shove my fingers inside of the bottle and have to scrape the product out. I usually wash my face with the Morning Burst Oil-Free Shine Control Facial Cleanser by Clean and Clear, apply Revlon ColorStay Liquid Foundation for Oily/Combination Skin, and slightly powder my face with the Bare Minerals Original Foundation. I usually never become TOO oily throughout the day, this product works wonderfully although I would appreciate it if application efficiency was easier and if it's possible to bring the price of this product down a little?

rated 1 of 5 on 6/24/2013 6:55:00 PM More reviews by sxcs2

so bad. looks cakey, feels cakey, doesnt go on smooth at all, bad at hiding imperfections.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/21/2013 8:55:00 PM More reviews by sukiedelrey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have tried many drugstore foundations, but being very pale all of them looked orange on me, and I had that dreadful "my face is an entirely different color from my neck" look going on. I picked up Colorstay in the palest shade (Ivory) and it's the closest color match I've ever achieved. When I put it on, it's almost exactly my skin tone; at the end of the day it's a little darker but not cringing-level noticeable. I have EXTREMELY flaky skin, and I can't say this is particularly moisturizing--however, I've found that it doesn't make dry patches any more noticeable than every other foundation. Coverage is great. I have an abysmally red nose (my nickname throughout middle school was Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer) and Colorstay evens it out perfectly. You do have to apply carefully though, because the thick consistency can leave you looking cakey up close. I've never had a breakout while using this, and I don't care about the smell. The packaging is really the most flagrant con. All in all, a very good foundation if you have a pale shade and you can't afford MAC.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2013 8:28:00 PM More reviews by Annas2

My favourite foundation! I have used so many foundations high end and low, but keep coming back to this. It is a reliable foundation that I trust to keep me shine free through a whole work day. I have used this foundation for over 12 hours a day, with minimal shine and I have used this for years!

My skin is about a NC 25 in Mac and I use the colour 240 Medium beige in the combination/oily 24 hrs formula and the colour 200 Nude in the dry/normal 24hrs formula. Both are perfect colour matches for my skin. I do love both formulas, but feel the oily combination feels thicker on my skin. I have noticed the dry formula makes my skin look more dry than the oily, which is strange.

Both are excellent foundations for my skin type and I will keep using. The only thing I don't like about these foundations, is I don't think they are non-comedogenic as it doesn't say this on the bottle or the revlon website in the description for the foundation.

Overall this is an excellent foundation and I will continue to buy, this would be my HG foundation if only it were non-comedogenic! Btw this comes with a pump dispenser now, finally:)

rated 4 of 5 on 6/20/2013 10:20:00 PM More reviews by SeasideMel

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I like this foundation for giving nice, medium coverage. In addition it doesn't seem to settle into fine lines. I bought the formula for dry skin. I have to work with it a bit to prevent it from looking cakey, but that could be due to the fact that I'm using a stipple brush which is something I've never used before. If I buff enough, I get a nice airbrushed look. The one thing I don't like about it is it doesn't let your skin breathe. It's an odd feeling which I've never experienced with any other foundation. (I haven't used that many.) Overall, I recommend it.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2013 9:46:00 PM More reviews by Cbizzle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This stuff is a staple in my makeup routine. I've bought it countless times. I buy the lightest shade and it blends perfectly with my skin color. It stays in place all day and it doesn't cause breakouts or clog pores. I've tried a lot of foundations, including Clinique's version of long-wear foundation, and this tops them all. I highly recommend it for those who struggle with oily skin.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 6/19/2013 8:37:00 PM More reviews by Grace319

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I have oily, acne prone, sensitive skin. And this makes my face really itchy and got runny nose when using it and also make my eyes teary. And it's really expensive! -____________-

rated 4 of 5 on 6/19/2013 12:51:00 PM More reviews by xpgr1

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

I got the colour 350 Rich Tan and it matched my skin perfectly. I bought it it the middle of the summer, so for reference, at that time I am around a nc40. I quite liked it. It stayed on well through all day use. It stayed. On from getting up at 4 in the morning to taking it off at 12 at night on competition days. It's oil combating abilities are lacking, but I have severely oily skin so it might not be so for everyone. It gives a medium-full coverage and works best when you use your fingers to blend it into the skin. All in all, a pretty good foundation.