October 22, 2014 | 972 users online

Highlighters - Yves Saint Laurent - Touche Eclat No 1

rated 4 of 5 on 2/10/2006 9:56:00 AM More reviews by k_doll

Great for minimising undereye circles.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2006 7:54:00 AM More reviews by jazavac

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

This isn't really a concealer it is a highlighter but I keep purchasing it. I' am currently using my third one. I really doesn't cover much or at all but it gives you that fresh, overslept look :)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2006 7:53:00 PM More reviews by tillybean

I really love this stuff. I first tried it a few weeks ago. I was in Nordstroms walking past the YSL counter and the assistant shouted out to me, "Hey you, you need to try this, you've got puffy eyes!" Very embarrassing. I've tried various concealers before and hate the way they usually draw attention to what you're trying to hide, for me my under-eye bags, puffs, dark circles, wrinkles, you name it. Anyway, she grabbed me, and started putting this stuff under my eyes, and I was rubbing it off as fast as she was putting it on and didn't notice much difference. Then she started putting it on the "furrows round the mouth." Bloody hell, I didn't know I had furrows round my mouth! Anyway, I glanced in the mirror and thought, actually, she was right, I did look better without furrows round my mouth. I ended up buying some, and although I would still like to see her sent to prison for bullying customers, I think I might send her a Christmas card to thank her for dramatically improving the look of my face. I use this very sparingly, because I don't want to draw attention to my defects, but I find this is a wonderful, not obvious way, of giving a bit of oomph to bits of my face that look like they need some oomph. I can tell this is definitely an HG for me, because I'm thinking of stock-piling some just in case it's discontinued. Luckily, it's extremely unlikely that YSL would discontinue Touche Eclat.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2006 8:17:00 AM More reviews by Lenna0013

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I had to share this because of all the women who might have had the same problem as me: it gave me an eye allergy that lasted couple of months: eyes turned swollen, red, I couldn't wear no makeup for months, they teared and were leaking some strange clear gel-like fluid. The woman in the department store said she never saw nothing so nasty in her life, but said that she had 3 such complaints already (that was two years ago). I filed an official complaint to YSL, it's probably an ingredient that can trouble certain customers. It took me weeks to understand what was causing this condition, but I did get it after app. 2 and a half weeks. I thought I might've been wrong, but it started again when I started using Touche Eclat again. Be very careful. Similar products (like Guerlain's Issima Precious Light, which is miraculous)don't cause this, so I do believe that they're missing that awful ingredient which caused me so much trouble. Urgh. Oh, and btw, I'm not allergic to mineral substances in makeup.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2006 7:53:00 AM More reviews by geminiatwain

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Yes it is worth all the hype! I was really hesitant to buy this (mostly because of the price), but gave in after thinking I would only really know how well it worked, if I tried it myself. I have bought loads of cheaper versions of this and none of them do the job as well. I mostly use this under my eyes (I have another highlighter I prefer to use elsewhere) and it covers everything. I have had terrible underye circles, that were really dark and this makes me look like I've been sleeping all week! I get compliments on how well, I look and I realised it was always when I wore this pen. I also love the sleek, gold packaging (although it would be nice to know how much I have left) and adore the clicky pen bit! That's what put me off the cheaper ones (they turned and didn't click!). You have to try it for yourself, totally recommend it, just wish it were slightly cheaper.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/29/2006 6:57:00 AM More reviews by demijarvis

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this product! when I put it on (takes a while for one to learn how to apply it properly) it opens up my eyes and highlights my brow bones. Also, for those not blessed with a wee skinny nose, two strips of highlighter either side of the offending object work wonders. This is my second tube, and seeing as they cost nearly twenty quid and I'm a poor starving student in London, it's definitely worth the cost/baked bean diet for a month!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/20/2006 7:35:00 PM More reviews by Tsunade

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Good product on its own, but for the price? OUCH. Too sheer on my dark circles, but it looks good when I use it over my BB corrector. Wouldn't buy again, mostly for the price. Oh yeah- and it doesn't really do much.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2006 1:27:00 PM More reviews by chloebelle11

I have re-bought Touch Eclat so many times I have lost count. I don't use it as a concealer but more as a highlighter. I will put concealer on under my eyes and around my nose and layer on some Touche Eclat if I need a little more coverage. My favorite place to use this is right beneath my eyebrows on the brow bone to highlight. And along the bridge of my nose. Wonderful texture, can go on over your makeup and not look cakey!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2006 5:08:00 PM More reviews by gillian1975

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The original and by far the best. Does a wonderful job of concealing around the eyes, nose and mouth area. Far superior to other concealers of this type I have tried. Yes, it is expensive but it really is one of those products that it is worth spending more on.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2006 1:38:00 PM More reviews by PatGrover

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love it! Perfect for highlighting bridge of my nose and corner of my eyes. Also it covers my blemishes. I do however first apply foundation, then concealer with loose powder. If all this won't cover i can count on the YSL TE to cover the rest. Can't believe that i can put this on top of my powder and it won't cake. Absolutly a must have for everyone.