Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua Ultra-Light Skin Perfecting Makeup SPF 15

3.9

Active ingredients: Octinoxate 6% Titanium dioxide 5.6% Inactive ingredients: Aqua, Methyl Trimethicone, Alcohol, Dimethicone, Phenyl Trimethicone, Talc, Butylene Glycol, Isododecane, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Polymethyl Methacrylate PEG-10 Dimethicone, Stearic Acid, Dimethicone/PEG-10/15 Crosspolymer, Alumina, Aluminum hydroxide, Phenoxyethanol, C9-15 Fluoroalcohol Phosphate, Magnesium sulfate, Parfum, Nelumbo Nucifera Flower Water, Methylparaben, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Sodium Hyaluronate, Silica, Tocopheryl Acetate, Dipropylene glycol, Polyurethane, BHT, Laminaria Digitata Extract, Tocopherol, Propylparaben, Ultramarines, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77891, Mica

on 8/19/2013 7:41:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua has a coverage that can be sheer or medium, depending on how it's used, and its finish is natural, so I think this the perfect foundation for daytime wear.
The smell is Chanel's typical, with a slight hint of roses. Chanel recommends that it be applied with the fingers and that's how I apply it, the finish is perfect without a foundation brush.

It is very pretty in my skin, and makes it look flawless.
I have combination skin and this foundation doesn't make my skin oily throughout the day (although I apply after the foundation Les Voilettes Mineral by Guerlain, to be sure that my skin won't get oily).

The only thing I like least about this product is the packaging that is plastic, but otherwise it's very light and easy to carry with us.
It's a bit expensive, but I don't care to invest in good makeup products, so I am sure that the results and the finishes are going to be exactly what I want :)

on 8/16/2013 12:14:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

My skin type is, very sensitive combination acne prone skin! so i am very picky when it comes to face makeup/products. I really like this foundation, it has a very nice natural finish, did make my face a very very little bit oily without powder. The packaging is not bad but i dislike the fact that the bottle is colored so i won't be able to know if i am running out of foundation or not.

I will repurchase this if i did not find something better and cheaper ;)

on 8/16/2013 11:13:00 AM

I loveeee this product. I'm on my second bottle but I have to quit using it for its only problem: it has very little coverage for my acne prone skin. It has a satin finish that I have only found in my makeup forever hd foundation. Its simply beautiful. It does oxidize a bit after an hour of application, but I don't mind the result. It just looks like I have a tad bit of a tan. The oxidization doesn't turn it orange in any way. It turns into a pretty bronze glow. However, after a couple hours it does get very oily, but that just may be because of how oily my skin naturally is. I won't repurchase coz my mufe foundation has almost the same finish but also has more coverage

on 8/14/2013 2:22:00 PM

I have horribly prone acne skin and this makeup does not make me break out and it makes my skin feel really good. My favourite foundation of all time.

Edit 22/8/14
Now this makeup is making my skin look dry :( Now it makes my pores look massive and my skin looks super dry when it isn't. So sad. RIP my HG foundation. Time to look for another one. So sad because I love the packaging and how it doesn't break me out.

on 8/13/2013 6:21:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Another foundation that made me breakout which is a shame because it is SO beautiful on the skin. Both my mother and I tried this, and both of us broke out. And both of us loved the foundation! *cries* It sits on the skin so beautifully, and covers any imperfections with ease. It just is such a seamless foundation. I would as always recommend getting a sample before buying. Hopefully it doesn't make you break out!

on 8/12/2013 1:21:00 AM

I love this product because as I do not have a lot of scarring or blemishes, I do not need full coverage at all. The coverage is pretty sheer but at the same time does a great job of evening out my skin tone. It is also exactly as it says on the box..."a sensory experience". It feels moisturizing, and smells luxurious. I always feel like I am doing something grand for my skin when I wear this. It is my favorite light-wearing foundation. For what you get, the price is very high but man, I love splurging on this every once in a while :)

I like it, I think I was expecting more since it's Chanel, but overall it's nice the smell is lovely, I wish it had a bit more coverage I use the smash box photo finish foundation primer which I think makes it look so much better and last much longer

on 8/6/2013 11:34:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Another supporter of this foundation. If you go for the natural look, this lightweight, even, medium-coverage foundation will do you well. Scent is pleasing. Only annoying thing is shaking the bottle up, quite the nuisance if you don't shake it up properly and a half watery mixture gets pumped out. Try Healthy Mix, the cheaper dupe by Bourjois, I personally do not like the scent but it does the job.

on 7/31/2013 5:46:00 PM

I absolutely love this foundation. As someone who used to wear MAC foundations, the coverage of this first time I tried it was quite scary for me. But now I love the natural barely there look. I use this with the Chanel loose powder and I can say it looks amazing. I did love Benefit Hello Flawless Oxygen Wow for it's sheer look, but VA blows it out the water. Best foundation I've ever used. Use a heavy concealer with it if you have some spots or whatnot and this will help even your skin tone and look flawless. Highly recommend to anyone!

on 7/30/2013 4:02:00 PM

This is such a great foundation! The lightest color is pretty dark for me, so I always look forward to summer when I get a little more tan so I can wear this! It looks like real skin and lasts all day, I don't even need to use a setting powder. People are always complimenting me on my skin, and I don't even think they realize I'm wearing makeup! I hope they make a lighter shade someday, because I never find anything else that can even compare to it during the winter.