November 1, 2014 | 822 users online

Liquid - Chanel - Vitalumiere Aqua Ultra-Light Skin Perfecting Makeup SPF 15

rated 2 of 5 on 4/20/2013 6:18:00 PM More reviews by bobadreamer

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Skin type: Acne-prone, oily, with acne pigmentation and occasional breakouts

Color: I'm around an NC30 at MAC and I got this in B30 because B40 was just too dark. B30 ended up being just a touch light.

Coverage: Medium, not very buildable.

Review: I didn't like this foundation. It applied easily, with a good amount of coverage, it muted out my acne scars pretty well. I had a few problems with it however:
1. The scent is very strong, and lingers for a couple of hours

2. When I powdered over the foundation, it looked very cakey, even though the foundation without powder looked great

3. The lasting power was pretty abysmal, it would start to go patchy on my oily skin within hours, looking really obvious on my skin and transferring everywhere

4. It didn't "meld" with my skin or melt into it for that seamless second skin effect that it promised. I could always tell I had foundation on with this.

Overall: I'd say this might be a nice foundation for less-oily ladies, it does have a lightweight feel and a pretty finish while still imparting a good amount of coverage.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/19/2013 12:17:00 AM More reviews by MaisieF

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This foundation is a great compromise between a tinted moisturiser (makes me look oily) and a traditional foundation (too heavy). It doesn't last all day, which I could probably fix with powder. I love the smell & packaging, and Chanel colours are always spot on for my pale skin. Yes, it's expensive, but the quality is worth it (cheap brands break me out). For reference my skin is combo, acne prone, and the colour I purchased is 10 Beige.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/17/2013 1:32:00 AM More reviews by itslindsey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

After hearing all the hype about this foundation I got a sample and have been wearing it for a few days. It goes on easily and the coverage is quite light. It has a pleasant smell as well and evened out my skin tone nicely. Unfortunately it felt very dry on my skin and looked a little flaky over my dry patches. I've already got products that give me light coverage without feeling so drying, so I will have to pass on this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2013 11:07:00 PM More reviews by SRO522

I love this foundation! It has a nice scent and it blends beautifully. It's more expensive than drug store brands but it feels and smells luxurious.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2013 6:43:00 PM More reviews by xxrocy

Favorite foundation of all time. Looks great on and lasts all day! Must try..

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2013 4:53:00 PM More reviews by BudgetDiva

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Silver, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

I thought I had found the HG of foundations with La Mer but this tops even that treasure. I have this in shade 30 Beige.

One word...AMAZING.

Great coverage, no creasing or cracking throughout the day, no oxidizing. And while expensive it takes the tiniest amount to do my entire face, with complete coverage and no need for a concealer "boost" to any area.

My skin feels like silk the entire time I'm wearing this foundation, and feels soft and silky after I remove it at the end of the day.

This, after all of these years, is FINALLY the perfect foundation I've been searching for.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2013 7:30:00 PM More reviews by LovelyLucy

This foundation is beautiful. It gives nice even coverage, blends well and you won't feel like you've got anything on. I now wear this all the time. For a night time look I add a bit of my MAC foundation to my t-zone and chin for extra coverage.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2013 2:39:00 PM More reviews by susan3041

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I, too, got this as a sample in a magazine. The coverage is very nice and light but did a good job of evening out skin tone.

Will definitely purchase when I have the $$$. Love Chanel but can't always afford it :(

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2013 8:02:00 AM More reviews by hisquiggle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

This foundation gives the most beautiful, naturally flawless finish I've ever seen. It provides light-medium coverage that covers the redness I have on my cheeks, but I have to use a separate concealer for blemishes. B40 matches my medium, warm-toned skin (NC30) very well. I have normal to combination/dry skin, and VA never clings to my dry patches. The best way to apply this foundation is definitely with fingers rather than brushes or a sponge. On me, VA lasts a full 8 hours by itself without wearing away or looking oily, and with powder it lasts even longer. The foundation gives a natural satin finish that blurs the look of pores and really makes your skin look flawless. It's one of the few foundations I've found that looks invisible on the skin. The result is naturally flawless looking skin, not nice looking foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2013 7:19:00 AM More reviews by Clairebritney

This foundation is light and beautiful on the skin. It suits my skin tone perfectly and gives me good coverage. My skin is not bad but I have a few blemishes. I went back to my drugstore foundation after using this and even though it is a good foundation I found it heavy and nowhere near as good as this one. It is moisturising and gives a nice finish without looking greasy. The packaging is compact and good for travelling. The price is a bit steep but it is Chanel and I think it's well worth every penny