August 29, 2014 | 1254 users online

Liquid - Chanel - Vitalumiere Aqua Ultra-Light Skin Perfecting Makeup SPF 15

rated 3 of 5 on 3/25/2013 7:03:00 PM More reviews by ashcarole

I got this as a sample in one of my monthly magazines just recently. I was so excited to try it since I had heard such amazing things about it. I have Combination/Oily skin and I thought that since it had more of a watery feel that it wasn't going to work. When I do my makeup, I always start with my foundation first. I don't always use a primer, but this time I skipped on it. I absolutely loved the way it felt on my skin. It took a while to seep in, but after applying my Rimmel Stay Matte powder, everything looked amazing. The price is a little expensive, but it's Chanel. I figured it was going to be a little more on the expensive side. Overall, it's a great product. You don't need to use much. A little goes a long way.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/25/2013 5:47:00 PM More reviews by Mannie1125

I received a sample of this with a Nordstrom makeup order. At first I refused to even try it, because it was Chanel, I assumed it'd be ungodly expensive, and I don't need another expensive must-have.

However, I gave in an tried it, and loved it. Thankfully the sample was the correct color for me for once. Usually foundation samples tend towards the pink tone shades, but this one was the sable tone, yay! I ended up being a perfect match to their 30 Beige Sable shade.

I love that the finish looks like natural skin. Not skin with a layer of "stuff" on it, but just plain skin. My husband couldn't even tell I had any makeup on! He just thought my skin was all even and radiant. There is no smell once it is on the skin, and it doesn't rub off when/if you touch your face...or lean on your hand, or take a nap. It also doesn't oxidize after application.

I don't find it drying (I have combination sensitive skin, with mild rosacea flairs), it doesn't give me any breakouts or irritation. It also doesn't cake up on bumps/irritated areas like most other products I've tried.

This is NOT the makeup for you if you're the type of person who needs primer, concealer, opaque foundation, powder, etc. This foundation is basically one step up from a tinted moisturizer as far as coverage. It is formulated for people who prefer a natural light makeup look-but want more than something just "tinted". I use concealer under my eyes, this foundation, and then a light dusting of powder over my T-zone. If you have dryer skin or skin that is prone to dry patches/flakes, then I wouldn't use this foundation either, as it isn't moisturizing, butt at the same time it isn't drying.

It sets fast, so work quick, and I find using my fingers to apply works the best and looks the most natural.

Some people complain about the price/packaging. I'm okay with the price. I'm used to paying 30-40 range for foundation. I've tried SO many drugstore items, that just sit there and feel greasy or look glittery/drying/break me out--you name it. And I hate how most drugstore items you can't return. I have hard to match skin tone--darker end of pale (I'm not light shades, but I'm not a true medium either, and not many brands have a good light/medium combo color), easily flushed cheeks, and yellow warm tone. Most products are way too orange or pink. I need the yellow toned products for my face that typically gear towards Asian skin, although I'm not Asian. However, this foundation is not yellow toned, it is a true beige shade that blends out so well that it doesn't give the mask effect at the jaw line. I have found that Chanel, although expensive, tends to have the most natural look when applied for all their makeup. Like you naturally have that glow, that cheek color, that clear skin. Not that you're all painted up.

I prefer the plastic bottle over glass. It is lighter, and I'm prone to dropping things. It also makes it easier to control the amount of product that comes out. The mouth of the bottle I hated the first few times I used it. It would not come out each time I squeezed. I've come to like it now, as it helps you not waste. It also helps to tip the bottle upside down before squeezing, lol. It is easy to get just a drop of liquid at a time with this bottle. I hate when I end up with a bunch of wasted foundation because too much came out and it can't be put back in--or shouldn't be put back in really, because of germs on your hands.

Everybody reacts different to ingredients, that doesn't make this a bad product or quality, just not right for that person. I suggest either trying this product at the counter before buying, or buying from a source with free returns (like Nordstrom etc).

I wish you got a little bit more for the price. I've never been happy enough with a foundation to finish any size bottle though, but this will end up being the first one that I do! I don't wear foundation daily, only 3-4 times a week, so this bottle will last me at least 3-4 months. With daily use I'd say it'd last about a month and a half with thick application, 2 with normal light application.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2013 2:15:00 PM More reviews by juliaesands

I have tried numerous samples of this product, always hoping to be able to use it and instead, I'm constantly disappointed. The alcohol in the product gives me large blemishes without fail- it's terrible. It's one of the first five ingredients and for me, that's a no-no. The finish is beautiful, the texture is soft and spreads easily...but for me the alcohol kills the formula.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2013 5:33:00 AM More reviews by ellie179

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this. It's my HG foundation (the other is UD's Naked Skin) as I like sheer, lightweight foundations. This is very lightweight and perfect if you're going after a natural look. Skip this if you're looking for coverage as it's very light, almost non-existent. You need to give it a good shake before using to ensure the product comes out right, without separation. You're meant to use this with your fingers too. I'm a B20 (5.0 for UD, C4 MAC)

Downsides: Packaging means no chance of breakage unlike glass but unfortunately you won't be able to see how much product you have left. It's so expensive for what little amount you get.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2013 3:02:00 PM More reviews by Buttercup3791

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

WOW, WOW and WOW!!!
I've tried many (more than many!!) high end foundations. I've been on a very hard search lately after dior decided to change their formulation and colours to their Nude Skin Hydrating foundation (the colour in their new range was, according to the SA supposed to be identical.... alas it was not.... nor is the flawless finish!!!). So my long search for a suitable alternative eventually led me to Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua. Oh my god is all I can say!!!! Why did I not discover this earlier!!! Perfect in every way! My skin's not bad, but is getting a little blotchy/redness as I get older... but this foundation covers it all to a flawless gorgeousness that I've never seen before (I thought the old Dior Nude was good). Ok, so you have to have a good shake of the bottle.... but so what!!! The texture is creamy (when shaken properly!), light as silk when applied with fingers.... and sooooo completely flawless!!! My new HG!!! Thank you Chanel!!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2013 11:56:00 AM More reviews by liyanamz

I love, love, love this foundation. It evens out my skin tone and gives good coverage. I find it to be very light on the skin and it feels as though I am not wearing much at all. It is not a full coverage foundation which is what I am looking for in the first place.

It gives off a glowy look. On this note, it does tend to get a bit shiny after a few hours so I will simply blot or powder my face. The packaging is compact as compared to the other Chanel foundations which is a huge plus.

I am a huge and loyal fan!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2013 10:53:00 PM More reviews by Zereplm

This is my new favorite foundation. I have very fair skin with a yellow undertone. I am also dry/combination skin and very sensitive. This foundation removes all redness and uneven skin tone without looking like makeup. I looked at this foundation in the brightest outdoor light and it looked flawless. I looked like I had the perfect skin of a small child. I was using Nars sheer glow for a long time but this will be my new HG foundation. It doesn't however cover my age spot and dark circles but I would rather touch up with a concealer than have a fake looking face. Also, the day I first wore this my husband told me how beautiful I looked like five times and he had no idea I had changed anything.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/15/2013 1:55:00 PM More reviews by lmhamner

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

This foundation is so beautiful. It looks completely natural on my skin and leaves a dewy finish. It does have very sheer coverage, but it's buildable. I use two layers to get the coverage I want. This is the only reason I didn't give it five lippies, because it is time consuming to have to put on two layers and it'll make me run out twice as fast!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2013 7:56:00 PM More reviews by StrangeLight

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

From arm's length, Vitalumiere Aqua makes my skin look glowing and beautiful and fresh and natural. Break out the magnifying mirror in natural daylight (yes, I'm obsessive) and the story changes. The coverage is a bit patchy and uneven and I can see the makeup settling into the pores on my nose. Now, how many people are going to get THAT close to my face in bright daylight? Not that many. So ultimately I can deal with it. Again, at arm's length, my skin looks great, but the up-close inspection prevents this from being a holy grail foundation for me. It hasn't oxidized on me, it hasn't broken me out (yet), and I find that a little goes a long way. The packaging is very travel friendly, but I do wish it had a pump top to control the amount of product that comes out. I would buy it again, and it's edged out Nars Sheer Glow as my favourite foundation, but it's just short of perfect for me.

edit: coming back to this review a couple months later. vitalumiere aqua is officially my holy grail foundation. i wasn't colour-matched well the first time i bought it (B10) and that is part of what made it look patchy and more noticeable in my pores. i got my correct shade (B20) and now it holds up well to the magnifying mirror in daylight test. i've been wearing this foundation in super-hot super-humid locations and it holds up fairly well. very little of this foundation comes off on my napkin (am i the only one with that problem?). it can go on very sheer but it really is a buildable foundation. if i'm having some redness or blemishes, i just push a little extra foundation on top and it takes the colour right down.

this really is a great product.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2013 11:17:00 AM More reviews by arielyn211

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

After a traumatizing BE experience, I found myself in front of a Chanel rep at Macy's begging for help to find a good foundation. We first tried the Vitalumiere, but even the lightest shade immediately oxidized on my skin and turned a ghastly orange. She then tried the Vitalumiere Aqua in B10--perfect! A great sheer coverage that evened my skin tone beautifully without making me look overly "made-up". After two weeks, my skin has shown no signs of breakouts with this (somewhat of a first for me), and I've actually gotten compliments on how glowing my skin appears. That makes this a must-have for me! I did remove one lippy for packaging, as I would prefer a clear bottle that allowed me to see how much product remains, but this is simply a minor inconvenience.