October 1, 2014 | 1830 users online

Liquid - Chanel - Vitalumiere Aqua Ultra-Light Skin Perfecting Makeup SPF 15

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2013 7:30:00 PM More reviews by LovelyLucy

This foundation is beautiful. It gives nice even coverage, blends well and you won't feel like you've got anything on. I now wear this all the time. For a night time look I add a bit of my MAC foundation to my t-zone and chin for extra coverage.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2013 2:39:00 PM More reviews by susan3041

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I, too, got this as a sample in a magazine. The coverage is very nice and light but did a good job of evening out skin tone.

Will definitely purchase when I have the $$$. Love Chanel but can't always afford it :(

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2013 8:02:00 AM More reviews by hisquiggle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

This foundation gives the most beautiful, naturally flawless finish I've ever seen. It provides light-medium coverage that covers the redness I have on my cheeks, but I have to use a separate concealer for blemishes. B40 matches my medium, warm-toned skin (NC30) very well. I have normal to combination/dry skin, and VA never clings to my dry patches. The best way to apply this foundation is definitely with fingers rather than brushes or a sponge. On me, VA lasts a full 8 hours by itself without wearing away or looking oily, and with powder it lasts even longer. The foundation gives a natural satin finish that blurs the look of pores and really makes your skin look flawless. It's one of the few foundations I've found that looks invisible on the skin. The result is naturally flawless looking skin, not nice looking foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2013 7:19:00 AM More reviews by Clairebritney

This foundation is light and beautiful on the skin. It suits my skin tone perfectly and gives me good coverage. My skin is not bad but I have a few blemishes. I went back to my drugstore foundation after using this and even though it is a good foundation I found it heavy and nowhere near as good as this one. It is moisturising and gives a nice finish without looking greasy. The packaging is compact and good for travelling. The price is a bit steep but it is Chanel and I think it's well worth every penny

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2013 11:26:00 AM More reviews by shereenstrachan

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Unlike some other people with dry, acne-prone who have reviewed this, this is actually my HG foundation.
I finally went to get a sample after reading a million reviews online and I loved it so much that I went to purchase a bottle the next day.
This isn't a full coverage foundation but I wasn't looking for that anyway, it still evens out my skin tone and since it's water based I feel that it doesn't make my skin look dry unlike all other foundations I've used. I'm shade B10, it looks orange on my hand but it doesn't look orange at all on my face, it doesn't oxidise on me unlike other reviewers have mentioned that it did for them.
Also, it hasn't made me break out unlike my last foundations.
For what this foundation is and how well it works for me, I don't think that it's expensive at all.
The only downside for me is that the bottle is plastic and you can't see through it so you aren't aware of how much foundation is left in the bottle.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/30/2013 10:44:00 AM More reviews by daisysteiner

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a nice foundation with medium coverage, blends well and doesn't make my dry skin or pores stand out. The B10 shade suits my skintone the best, as BR10 only accentuates redness. I still find it too expensive for what it is, though.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/27/2013 10:55:00 AM More reviews by Steve23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm not the biggest foundation lover but I adore this one.
During the day it doesn't feel as if anything sits on my skin. It just gives a natural healthy looking effect to my skin. I do have a fair amount of acne scaring and although it covers up a lot it does not cover everything up - it is buildable and it will give you at least a medium coverage.
I'm a mac nc30 and bought this product in no.30: it's a good match.
I do finish this off with the new chanel setting powder les Beiges in no.30. Amazing combination. Both worth it's price. Do keep an eye out for sales etc. As it is rather pricey.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/26/2013 12:56:00 PM More reviews by beths02

This foundation feels amazing and like your not wearing anything. The coverage also is brilliant.
I have really oily skin, and have always thought i wouldn't find a foundation that worked well with my skin. I had read so much great reviews on this foundation i thought i had to give it a go.
The first time i wore this i went to a small gig, so its was very hot and stuffy and i was dancing about. When i looked in the mirror at home afterwards I was amazed how all my makeup was in the same place and wasn't looking oily at all.
It is expensive but after seeing this massive improvement i have to buy this again.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/25/2013 7:03:00 PM More reviews by ashcarole

I got this as a sample in one of my monthly magazines just recently. I was so excited to try it since I had heard such amazing things about it. I have Combination/Oily skin and I thought that since it had more of a watery feel that it wasn't going to work. When I do my makeup, I always start with my foundation first. I don't always use a primer, but this time I skipped on it. I absolutely loved the way it felt on my skin. It took a while to seep in, but after applying my Rimmel Stay Matte powder, everything looked amazing. The price is a little expensive, but it's Chanel. I figured it was going to be a little more on the expensive side. Overall, it's a great product. You don't need to use much. A little goes a long way.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/25/2013 5:47:00 PM More reviews by Mannie1125

I received a sample of this with a Nordstrom makeup order. At first I refused to even try it, because it was Chanel, I assumed it'd be ungodly expensive, and I don't need another expensive must-have.

However, I gave in an tried it, and loved it. Thankfully the sample was the correct color for me for once. Usually foundation samples tend towards the pink tone shades, but this one was the sable tone, yay! I ended up being a perfect match to their 30 Beige Sable shade.

I love that the finish looks like natural skin. Not skin with a layer of "stuff" on it, but just plain skin. My husband couldn't even tell I had any makeup on! He just thought my skin was all even and radiant. There is no smell once it is on the skin, and it doesn't rub off when/if you touch your face...or lean on your hand, or take a nap. It also doesn't oxidize after application.

I don't find it drying (I have combination sensitive skin, with mild rosacea flairs), it doesn't give me any breakouts or irritation. It also doesn't cake up on bumps/irritated areas like most other products I've tried.

This is NOT the makeup for you if you're the type of person who needs primer, concealer, opaque foundation, powder, etc. This foundation is basically one step up from a tinted moisturizer as far as coverage. It is formulated for people who prefer a natural light makeup look-but want more than something just "tinted". I use concealer under my eyes, this foundation, and then a light dusting of powder over my T-zone. If you have dryer skin or skin that is prone to dry patches/flakes, then I wouldn't use this foundation either, as it isn't moisturizing, butt at the same time it isn't drying.

It sets fast, so work quick, and I find using my fingers to apply works the best and looks the most natural.

Some people complain about the price/packaging. I'm okay with the price. I'm used to paying 30-40 range for foundation. I've tried SO many drugstore items, that just sit there and feel greasy or look glittery/drying/break me out--you name it. And I hate how most drugstore items you can't return. I have hard to match skin tone--darker end of pale (I'm not light shades, but I'm not a true medium either, and not many brands have a good light/medium combo color), easily flushed cheeks, and yellow warm tone. Most products are way too orange or pink. I need the yellow toned products for my face that typically gear towards Asian skin, although I'm not Asian. However, this foundation is not yellow toned, it is a true beige shade that blends out so well that it doesn't give the mask effect at the jaw line. I have found that Chanel, although expensive, tends to have the most natural look when applied for all their makeup. Like you naturally have that glow, that cheek color, that clear skin. Not that you're all painted up.

I prefer the plastic bottle over glass. It is lighter, and I'm prone to dropping things. It also makes it easier to control the amount of product that comes out. The mouth of the bottle I hated the first few times I used it. It would not come out each time I squeezed. I've come to like it now, as it helps you not waste. It also helps to tip the bottle upside down before squeezing, lol. It is easy to get just a drop of liquid at a time with this bottle. I hate when I end up with a bunch of wasted foundation because too much came out and it can't be put back in--or shouldn't be put back in really, because of germs on your hands.

Everybody reacts different to ingredients, that doesn't make this a bad product or quality, just not right for that person. I suggest either trying this product at the counter before buying, or buying from a source with free returns (like Nordstrom etc).

I wish you got a little bit more for the price. I've never been happy enough with a foundation to finish any size bottle though, but this will end up being the first one that I do! I don't wear foundation daily, only 3-4 times a week, so this bottle will last me at least 3-4 months. With daily use I'd say it'd last about a month and a half with thick application, 2 with normal light application.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No