September 19, 2014 | 1245 users online

Liquid - Rimmel - Lasting Finish 25 Hour Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2012 5:24:00 PM More reviews by hipchick66

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Hands down, best foundation I've ever tried (and I have tried lots from low to high end)! I have never liked foundation, and thankfully I have good skin so I used to be able to get by with concealer and powder foundations of varying sorts. But I've noticed that my skin needed something more to look finished. I grabbed this on a whim, and so glad I did. Color match is perfect, True Ivory, can't feel it on my skin it just makes me look finished and flawless, and makes my other makeup last and look even better. I use this with the Rimmel primer and a dusting of Stay Matte powder and it lasts all day and doesn't transfer to clothes or phone!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2012 7:10:00 PM More reviews by RachelisGreen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I haven't tried this in a long time, but I used this in high school and loved it. Now that I have gotten older and more experienced with make up, I use higher end foundations just because I like the coverage and performance much better. Overall, this is a good drugstore foundation that is very inexpensive. I'd say this would be the perfect foundation for somebody who doesn't need a lot of coverage because it is VERY thick, and using more then a very thin layer makes it very thick and feels like you're wearing a heavy mask. I also am not too fond of the color selection, although I have noted that they do have a lot of yellow undertoned options, which is great because most drug store foundations have pink undertones. I never could find a perfect match for my skin and it was always very obvious when I did wear this. I was a NC 20 / NC 15 for awhile and I think the color Ivory just wasn't blending into my skin the way I had hoped. I'm now an NC 30 or even NC 35 so maybe now that I'm more tan, this would match me a lot better. I definitely recommend this for beginners because typically they don't need a lot of coverage and this will last all day, so during school/sports etc. It didn't break me out, overall a good drug store foundation, but nothing exceptional.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/20/2012 10:44:00 PM More reviews by carobear

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I just started wearing foundation for the first time in years. I don't wear powder at all. I am experimenting with a couple of primers that I hope are waterproof, but usually I wear this foundation without primer.

I wanted something to cover my genetically-blue, pronounced undereye circles, without having to cover my whole face. I also needed something that was not only waterproof and sweatproof, but also tolerant of applications of lotion during the day. I wear gas permeable contact lenses, so the product had to stay put in case of tearing eyes and contact removal and reinsertion. Finally, I wanted something from a cruelty-free company.

I chose my shade, #201 "Classic Beige" by holding up all the tubes next to my reflection in the mirror at the store. Now that my summer tan is fading to a winter tan, I'll probably go get a lighter shade.

I use a tiny amount on a stiff brush (the Essence of Beauty smokey/crease eye shadow brush) and apply it in arcs following the blue circles, blending it outward in all directions. Using the brush, I'm best able to control how the color gets deposited, which may be why I don't have any trouble with it settling into creases or pores like others here say they do. I found it more difficult to apply with just my fingers.
The same seems to be true of my other waterproof products, even the ones that come in a creamy pencil form, like Milani Shadow Eyez.

I put it on after I wash my face in the morning. I exercise hard and get sweaty pretty much every day. I might bike, lift weights, take an aerobics class, do yoga, or run for hours on the beach. If I don't scrub my face in the shower, it's still perfect when I take off my eye makeup before bed. I can even reapply my lotion without disturbing it. Just exactly what I wanted.

It doesn't completely eliminate the blue by itself, but almost. If I have the time, I use a yellow color corrector underneath (also waterproof, either Maybelline or NYX).

It never irritates any part of my face, and it has hardly any smell.

Sometimes I use it on my eyelids as its own color, so that I can use a darker color in the crease and on the browbone without it transferring to my bare eyelid. Sometimes I use it as a foundation to waterproof cream eye shadows.

The packaging is a little awkward; it's easy to squeeze out too much and make a mess, so I had to develop a routine to deal with it. I store the tube standing on the crimp end so that I don't get surprised by a rush of product when I open it. Then I control how much comes out by continuing to hold the tube in that position, while resting my brush against the opening and squeezing very slowly. That's a bit of a pain. I'm not really sure what would work better, maybe a glass bottle or a little jar that I could dip the brush into (and that other people could put their fingers in). I'll probably put mine into such a container eventually. I'm always repackaging things that I find unsatisfactory. :)

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 12/20/2012 12:10:00 PM More reviews by narwhal4life

Let me start off by saying I haven't worn foundation in awhile. I usually use BB creams. So when going back to a full coverage foundation is a pretty big switch. This foundation is very matte, which I'm fine with, but the full coverage combined with the matte aspect of this foundation made the skin look very dull and flat. It also very much looks like makeup. I applied with a damp BB and it still appeared heavy and mask like. Its also very sticky and absolutely needs to be set with powder. I can't imagine a super matte formula + powder would work for dry skin but it certainly didn't work with my oily skin either. I couldn't recommend this to anyone with aging skin because it does settle the creases beneath my eye and looks very obvious. I can't imagine this would do well with fine lines. Considering that this foundation appeared very matte on my skin I assumed it would work well with my oily skin. It did not. This foundation completely failed to live up to its 25 hour claim and began to wear off after a few short hours. I was really disappointed. Another problem with this foundation is that the packaging is awful. I thought a squeeze tube would be convenient but instead it just leaks all over the place without being squeezed and makes a big mess.
Overall, a rather pricey drugstore foundation that I can't recommend to anyone. No thanks, Rimmel.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/19/2012 6:29:00 PM More reviews by KAG123

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this on a whim because I watched a You tube video on applying make up (themakeupchair watch her!) Her face looked fabulous, so I went and bought it that night. It's been a week and my face has never been happier with a liquid foundation! :) it covers great and my sensitive skin has no complaints. I just apply it like a lotion with clean hands after my burts bees sensitive skin moisturizer

rated 3 of 5 on 12/19/2012 2:05:00 PM More reviews by VeronicaHager

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this at Harmon's Beauty Discount for $3.99 and figured it must be new, let me give it a try. It is pretty decent I use the primer fix pro under it because it was also 3.99. Didnt see much of difference wih or without it but the foundation is very well! I went to go buy another tube and it was $5.99! The only complaints I have about this foundation is that you go through it very fast. The tub it comes in, if you are not careful and leave the cap off, will send the foundation spilling out the hole. If you squeeze a tiny bit too hard it will come flowing out and the hole is just a small dot so you cannot do anything but smeer more into your face or just wipe it away. Thats the reason I gave it a 3 star, not 5. Thats the only unfortunate part, the foundation does stay for a really long time and it covers nicely!

rated 1 of 5 on 12/17/2012 6:53:00 PM More reviews by walkofshame

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I read about this on the boards and some ladies seemed to like it. I was in the market for a new foundation and this seemed like a safe cheap bet but I have to say this is one of the worst foundations I've tried even for drugstore quality it's poor. I don't have sensitive skin, hardly anything ever aggravates mine but this burned a bit going on. I have combo skin...more on the normal side of combo too, not extremely oily in my t-zone but this made my face into an oil slick in no time flat as well. Packaging wise it's in a tube and I found that it oozed quite a bit, excess would seep out and be wasted. I tried it out a few times before just tossing it in the trash. It was cheap but still a complete waste of money unfortunately.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/17/2012 5:58:00 PM More reviews by Rabelle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

What a suprise! I was in need of a foundation that has better coverage than the ones I have. (Before Rimmel 25 hours, I had NARS Sheer Matte and Revlon Photoready)

I searched online to find a foundation that has good coverage and not too pricy, I saw a lot of people recommend this foundation. I was thinking, whatever, it's cheap, might as well give it a try. And, wow, I'm pleasantly surprised.

It definitely has more than medium coverage, and it gives your face a nice matte finish. I don't use concealers, and this foundation is good enough to cover up my redness/acne scars/ pores.

I'd recommend and repurchase. For 7 USD, it can't get any better than this.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/15/2012 3:20:00 PM More reviews by SophieeeMakeup

Amazing.. so inexpensive! Really does last all day! The coverage is great, and is easily buildable, I recommend this for all skin types especially oily skin as it sits in place all day without getting that slimy, oily foundation feeling! Only thing i don't like about this foundation and rimmel in general is that there is no real pale color, the lightest color is still very dark! Defiantly worth a try!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2012 7:36:00 AM More reviews by ladypamela1

It's neither drying nor is it moisturizing but the coverage is impresssive! I am sorry I have not tried this sooner. Recommend adding moisturizer or sunscrean for a creamier more polished look in winter. Good stuff!