April 20, 2014 | 1589 users online

Moisturizers - Garnier - Moisture Rescue Refreshing Gel-Cream

rated 1 of 5 on 11/16/2011 2:14:00 PM More reviews by amuseale

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I was really excited to rate this product, I have been looking for a lightweight gel moisturizer so I saw heaven when I found this. Major dissapointment, my skin has been peeling off on my cheeks and nose. I put a little of this moisturizer around my eye area, I know you're not supposed to do this, yet I did, and now all of my eye area is constantly burning and the area of my brow bone is peeling off. I just applied this again just to test if it was me, or the moisturizer, definitely the moisturizer, as soon as I put it on, a burning sensation. In my opinion, it could be the alcohol. Anyways I will definitely NEVER use this, or buy it again.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/12/2011 11:53:00 PM More reviews by rachel5788

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really like this. My skin is normal, so it doesn't really need a ton of moisture. I use this as a night moisturizer and I use the garnier spf 15 one in the daytime. I plan on using it year round too- my skin does not get dry due to not very cold temperatures even in the winter here lol. It smells really good, its in a cute jar, it is a really cool gel haha and it feels really cooling on your face. I like it a lot.
Update: I think this breaks me out... but i love it. so sad

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2011 10:15:00 PM More reviews by soapykitty

I love this stuff! I have a very oily t-zone and whenever I buy moisturizer my first thought is "Will it make me break out?" I use this on my face every time I get out of the shower andhave had no lotion related breakouts! It smells great and feels so refreshing when you put it on.And I like how the box shows the jars actual size so you know what you're buying.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2011 11:02:00 PM More reviews by audreyboll

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have oily skin and this is a must in my routine because it provides the slightest moisture that helps my skin not produce too much oil in the day

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2011 10:55:00 PM More reviews by ximachikenx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is an excellent basic moisturizer. It's good for normal to oily skin types I think. It has a very nice refreshing scent and has a light cool texture, great for summer. It's very good for the price at around $6-$7 at Target, I don't expect it to do much more than lightly moisturize my skin and that's exactly what it does. The packaging is very sturdy and doesn't look too cheap. Would definitely purchase again but if you're expecting anything more than a basic moisturizer then look somewhere else.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2011 4:13:00 PM More reviews by karenly1288

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Two years ago, I unfortunately developed eczema on my cheeks, which definitely has lowered my self esteem. I've tried several different moisturizers, but none of them seemed to be able to tame it. I thought hydrocortisone was going to be my only remedy, which is unfortunate because it thins out your skin with long term use. I stumbled upon this particular moisturizer in a magazine ad and decided to give it a shot. I LOVED what it did to my skin, especially for my eczema. Although it did not completely clear it up, it has certainly kept my eczema to a minimum which no other moisturizer has been able to do. I will definitely buy this product again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2011 8:22:00 AM More reviews by candystripelegs

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I wanted to love this product so badly!! It's actually quite nice in some respects but I have two major issues with it.

1) It includes alcohol as the THIRD ingredient! Ugh, alcohol causes collagen breakdown and free radical damage.

2) It is heavenly scented. Very pleasant scent actually, but can be irritating for people with sensitive skin such as myself.

I don't mind that it comes in a jar since there are not any AHAs, BHAs or anti-oxidants active in the formula. It's just a basic, light moisturizer that would be perfect for combo/slightly dry/normal skin. Feels so nice to put on, sinks right in and makes skin feel soft without a greasy after effect. Also used it under makeup, very nice as well. Did not make me breakout.

Too bad about the alcohol, this could really be my perfect little moisturizer for days I don't do my BHA or retinol treatments or something to wear under makeup application. And it's soo cheap which is another bonus but I just can't see myself buying it again knowing that alcohol is the third ingredient.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/2/2011 8:32:00 AM More reviews by stam020

Pros: moisturized
Cons: irritate sensitive skin, caused redness and pimples.

This would be good for people who don't have sensitive skin because it really did moisturized my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2011 4:17:00 PM More reviews by Jenstarlast

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Blue

This is the second time I have purchased this product. The first time was before I started seeing a derm about acne, and I really liked this moisturizer then because it was light, smells nice, affordable, and felt nice on the skin. Now that I am using Retin-A and my skin is a little more dry in certain areas, I use this as a serum when I need a little more moisture. One nice thing about this is that it is so light that if my eye area or wherever gets dry mid day I can apply a tiny bit and pat it in the skin over my makeup without messing it up. I can do the same thing with Clinique Moisture pink gel (forgot the name). For that, I love these gel type moisturizers. This one would be fantastic on oily skin. Combo skin that has dry spots may need something a little richer. All in all, I have enjoyed this product. It is a simple staple for those with oily skin, a true hero because oily skin types also need to moisturizer but till now in the drugstore there were very limited options for light moisturizers. This product gets an A+ for that alone. I do not think I will repurchase as long as my skin is in it's current state but I recommend it to oily skin types.

Update: This is a great buffer to put on after you wash your face, wait the required time (15 mins) and then put on your Retin-A or other tretinoin prescription. If you are having flakes this is a good thing to try. I would compair this to Clinique's moisture surge, not identical (clinique's is a little thicker and more hydrating I find) but for the price it's worth trying.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2011 4:15:00 PM More reviews by ari496

This is the perfect summer nightime moisturizer for those with acne prone skin. It's so refreshing and moisturizing. It did not make me breakout. It made my skin look and feel so fresh and pretty. I totally recommend it!