November 23, 2014 | 1864 users online

Moisturizers - Garnier - Moisture Rescue Refreshing Gel-Cream

rated 4 of 5 on 2/21/2012 3:31:00 AM More reviews by sslongshore

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have oily skin and I found this to be alright for me. Granted my skin had much oil break through later on in the day, but not as much as with other moisturizers. I love the coolness when it is applied. It has not broke me out and that's a plus. Overall its decent only four puppies cause of the price. I mean it is a drug store brand and the jar is okay but when I get to the end I am gonna have to dig around the bottom cause I am gonna get my money's worth.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2012 10:56:00 PM More reviews by edgexofxdesire

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

First off I just want to say that I am very anti-Garnier after the havoc that some of their products wreaked on my hair last year. But after hearing some good feedback about their skincare line and getting a $3 off coupon in the mail, I reluctantly decided to give this moisturizer a chance. Considering that I've gone through two jars of this already, I think its safe to say that it's a pretty great moisturizer, particularly for very oily skin like mine. I have to say this is a decent alternative to the Clinique Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief, although the Clinique is definitely richer in texture and feels better on the skin (the Garnier has a very watery feel). But I find after 5 minutes or so they have the same effect and feel on my face. The Garnier is nice because it's only about $6 and there are always a ton of Garnier coupons available, so you'll never actually have to pay full price. It doesn't break me out, it doesn't feel greasy or oily. Given the texture and the wear, I think this would be great for under makeup because it sinks into the skin very quickly and gives a nice almost matte finish. One thing I would caution, even for oily skinned girls like myself, is that this may not be a great moisturizer to use in the winter months. I started using this in September and loved it, but I've found over the last month to two months that my skin has been feeling drier, particularly at night when I use this. I've taken to using my Cerave lotion more often than this Garnier because I just don't feel like it gives my skin the relief that it needs from the cold winter weather. So I probably won't repurchase this right away, but I'll definitely come back to it around April or May once it starts to warm up and my skin starts to even out again. But overall this is pretty great and I'm quite happy that I gave it a chance.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/11/2012 1:17:00 AM More reviews by msjaymurray

LOVE this stuff!! I needed something to put on before make up and this works great! smells great and moisturizes well! Def will be a staple in my cleansing/moisturizing regimine.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2012 4:56:00 PM More reviews by jwil16

Seems to be excellent! Bought it because I was really broke at the moment, and didn't want to pay for my Clinique gel, so I found this. I'm especially dehydrated from acne meds, so I use A TON of this before foundation, but it really makes your skin GLOW, and soaks in fairly quickly leaving no residue despite the insane amount I apply. Not the most hydrating at all, but it hydrates somewhat. I will say one turnoff - something i strongly dislike is that this contains ALCOHOL like the second or third ingredient... blagh. But oh well, if it alleviates my dehydration somewhat then it's all good. Hasn't broken me out, and I break out at almost everything. Will update if things takes a turn for the worst.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2012 11:31:00 PM More reviews by le1chi

I love this product! I've been using it for a month now after trying to find a gel moisturizer and so far I think it's the best moisturizer I've tried. Upon apply to my face, it felt really cool and refreshing. I thought that it was going to leave me kind of greasy but it absorbs into your skin quickly. It left my face feeling supple and moisturized. Will probably buy again until I find something better! :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2012 1:04:00 AM More reviews by ilovethe80s87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This moisturizer is wonderful, and I love that it is a gel rather than a lotion or cream because it doesn't make my skin look greasy. It is light, cool, and refreshing; very nice for summertime. However, this stuff has denat. alcohol, which is known for drying out skin. Why on earth they'd put that in a MOISTURIZER I'll never know. So I can't use this when my skin has it's dry spells from my acne meds/creams. Other than that, it's very nice stuff, and it's oil-free (yay! unlike the UV lotion of the same product line as the last person mentioned). Very affordable, too.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2012 11:47:00 PM More reviews by jasminese

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

My favorite moisturizer to date. I really enjoy the cooling cucumber effect and the gel formula. It absorbs super quickly and moisturizes and quenches my dry skin. I don't mind the jar, it actually feels very high end. However, it's not very travel-friendly. Once I run out of this, I most likely will purchase the whole line.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/10/2012 1:35:00 AM More reviews by LdyNRd

Great product. Doesn't feel heavy on your face or without any residue. 24 hr hydrating gel feels refreshing on skin and leaves iit soft. I don't mind the packaging, which comes in a jar form, you just have to make sure that you wash your hands before you stick your fingers in there. Would purchase again.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/5/2012 2:46:00 PM More reviews by laurenmn

I don't like the pot. It's just not a good hygienic idea. But I do like the way it moisturizes without breaking me out, a miracle on my dry oily acne-prone skin! I do have to use it twice sometimes but not usually, and it absorbs super fast, which is lovely. A little expensive but I literally only have to touch my fingertip to it and spread for a moisturized face, sometimes once or twice but not usually.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/1/2012 6:58:00 PM More reviews by absregan21

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Phenomnal product. I swear its shrinking my pores more and more everyday. I have to add a little extra moisturizer on my dry spots(which is why I only gave it a 4/5) but for the most part this is a perfect daily moisturizer. Since I only use it on myself the jar doesn't bother me for sanitation.

Can't wait to see what this does for me the summer to keep my skin in balance!

Overall is a wonderful product that you should try if you have normal to oily skin