July 25, 2014 | 1891 users online

Primer/ Corrector - BeneFit Cosmetics - The POREfessional

rated 3 of 5 on 10/8/2013 9:45:00 PM More reviews by SkyAlternative

I bought this intending to use it as a primer. I have used this stuff on and off. I like how soft it is but it really makes my foundation really hard to blend. I am thinking that this stuff is best to use on a day where you won't be wearing makeup and just want subtle difference. I will probably end up using the rest I have left around my nose where it gets dry and flaky with my other primer. It does hide my pores a bit but for the $34 price tag it doesn't do much else. I also think I am starting to break out from it. Won't be using the rest everyday and I don't think I will buy again.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/5/2013 12:51:00 AM More reviews by ileana09

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I had such high expectations for this product. I have some pores around my nose that aren't super visible but if you look close enough you can see them. I has heard this was also good for oily skin. I really gave it a shot but I really hated this product. When I put it on it felt really light and silky. Once I blended it into my skin I felt like it was sitting on my skin. You really had to work it in to get it to set. Anwyay the product didn't really fill in my pores. I think maybe only a minimal amount covered my pores. You're only supposed to put a thin layer but I felt that I had to put on like 3 coats to see a noticeable difference. I also felt that even when I tried work it in to my skin I could see the product. It was supposed to match any skin tone but it seemed like it was too light or something and I could see the product. I used it as a primer as well and I felt like it made my oily skin even more oily and it made my makeup be ruined faster.
Another thing that was disappointing was that about 3 weeks after I opened it, the formula chaned. I would squeeze some out and out would come the tan colored formula as well as a white liquid. I don't exactly know what happened to it. I can only assume that it went bad. I thought it may have been because I had stopped using it for about a week so I tried mixing it in the bottle and it would mix together. I kept getting a white liquid and the cream so then I tired just squeezing it and using it like that but the white liquid would not mix with the cream. I thought maybe if I rubbed it in it would still work but no. The cream would rub in alright but the white liquid would sit on my face. I'm assuming it was some type of oil. So all in all this product is ruined.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/2/2013 4:46:00 PM More reviews by ivettg

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought many Benefit cosmetics over a period of time (this one not being one of them), and have received at least three sample size of the Porefessional. I'm on my second one now (because if I have it, I might as well just use it, since I can't give it to anyone), and have to say I do not understand the hype. I have enlarged pores, and this product does not seem to do anything to them. As a primer it does an ok job, but for the price, I won't be repurchasing it. Packaging is cute tho, as always with BeneFit.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2013 4:17:00 PM More reviews by ichigocutie

I bought this primer when it first came out and there was no reviews on YT or in the blogosphere. The SA at the benefit counter said she swears by this primer and it gives her flawless look every time. I have oily/combo skin with very large pores around my nose and the inner checks area so that's the main area I put the primer on. I also tried to put it over my acne but unless your acne is free of flaky skin this primer will accentuate it even more. I tried not to use it all the time,only on those special day I want to look really flawless because I'm afraid it'll clogged my pores. This is a pore covering primer so it will not prolonged your makeup or prevent oil from showing through but for what this primer intended to do,it's pretty amazing.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/27/2013 5:59:00 PM More reviews by postmoderngirl

I have two mini sizes of this from different benefit kits I've bought. I don't find it keeps my makeup on (although I don't think it's intended to) but it makes my skin look good. It fills in my pores & smooths my skin so my makeup goes on nicely. It's pretty pricy, but I haven't found another primer that fills in my pores like this.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/27/2013 3:00:00 AM More reviews by moreyuna

Nah, I'm not going to love this primer. This primer is not worth it for me. I can't tell the differentiated between I'm wearing it or not. Seriously, there is nothing special about this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/25/2013 2:53:00 PM More reviews by hypnautica

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

It seems to fill in my pores a lot better than other things I have tried. The only down side to this is, I have to clean my pores out a lot because when washing my face and using a cleaner it doesn't seem to get it all out.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2013 9:50:00 PM More reviews by cakefaceangie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

My absolute favorite primer. It feels so light and evens my combination/oily skin and gives a smooth feel to my large pores. Plus, my foundation lasts forever with this primer. Definitely a staple in the makeup kit.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/20/2013 1:33:00 PM More reviews by FlawlessLeopard

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have had this product in my "going out for the night" makeup supplies staple. I only use this around my nose and chin and I find using it on the whole face actually cakes and wipes directly off...maybe this is something to do with my lotion or serum?
The product itself works great and I feel that any pores are greatly reduced and makeup goes on flawless. I am skeptical to add it to my every day routine as I have sensitive skin and I find this product does clog my pores quite a bit.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/14/2013 12:09:00 PM More reviews by msred2u42

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Although I love benefit, this primer, if you can call it that did nothing for my skin. My foundation went on as if it didn't have a primer underneath not to mention the cost for so little product. This is very thin and just didn't work for me. But I still love you benefit!