BeneFit Cosmetics The POREfessional

3.5

Cyclopentasiloxane, dimethicone, dimethiccone/vinyl dimethicone crosspolymer, isononyl isononanoate, silica, dimethicone crosspolymore, isodedecane, phenoxyethanol, polymethyl methacrylsate, titanium dioxide (CI 77891), cyclohexasiloxane, tocopheryl acetate, fragrance (parfum), mico, iron oxides, (CI 77492), limonene, iron oxides (CI 77491), iron oxides (CI 77499), triethoxycaprylylsilane, BHT.

on 2/24/2014 10:09:00 AM

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Medium

I got this in a pack with the eye cream and That 'Gal primer for the same price as a single tube of Porefessional, so my value for money was great. The formula is really smooth and makes my skin feel great and it is easier to apply foundation with it on. For me it has a slightly weird smell, but it is nothing compared to MAC Studio Fix. I had an issue the first time I tried to use it when after I had removed the foil covering, no product would come out. I had to get a hairpin and jab a bigger hole into the top of the tube, and when I tried to get product out after this, around a tablespoon amount came out all at once. Luckily I had a small sample pot to put the extra in from when I first got a small amount of porefessional by begging a benefit employee. Overall, it definitely makes my pores around my nose, chin and forehead appear smaller and smooths my skin out so it is ready for foundation. However, when I apply it over foundation it turns to a weird texture and doesn't look very nice on my skin.

on 2/22/2014 9:25:00 PM

I wanted something to even out my skin tone and reduce blotchiness and the appearance of pores and I also wanted something tinted that could be worn alone without foundation. I love the texture of this product (very smooth, silky, and whipped) and a little goes a long way and while I don't think it completely covers pores I do find that it makes a difference and it feels good on my skin. My skin is sensitive and is not reacting negatively to this product. I especially like that I can wear this alone.

on 2/22/2014 3:45:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I was kind of disappointed with this primer. I had heard so much about it and a lot of the beauty gurus I watch on youtube use it. I have really big pores on my nose, well I used to, I recently switched my skin routine and now my pores aren't really an issue any more. But when I did, this primer did not do it for me. You could still se my pores through my foundation. Another thing that I didn't like was that it took a while for it to dry so it's not optimal if you're in a hurry. I noticed that when I put it on before it had really dried it became flakey. The only good thing about it was that it's pigmented so it kind of helps reduce redness.

Where I live this primer is really pricey since they only have at Sephora, and I really don't think it's worth the price. I won't be purchasing it again.

on 2/21/2014 12:27:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I currently have a deluxe sample of this product. I've been using it as a primer but since I changed my skin care routine my pores aren't really an issue anymore. It works well as a primer and you only need a tiny amount. Before when my pores were bigger I felt it helped them look smaller but I'm now looking at correctors so I probably won't repurchase this. It is a good primer but since pores aren't my biggest issue I probably won't repurchase.

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I got this for my birthday as part of a gift set. It's not something I would normally buy as I don't have too big a problem with pores and tend to use a good primer, but as it was free thought I'd give it a go! I'd seen a few of the reviews on here and know that people find the consistency hard to deal with. I used a really small amount of this, patted it onto the areas I wanted to smooth out and them put foundation straight on top and it looked amazing! You literally couldn't see a single pore! Staying power isn't amazing, it's now 7 hours later and the effects are starting to fade, but would definitely use this again for a night out or meal. Overall pretty happy with this one! X

on 2/17/2014 2:45:00 PM

This product is on par with the ineffective Dr. Brandt's Pores No More. Each time I try to use this and get some kind of meaningful effect from it and each time I am so disappointed in what it has to offer. Tarte's BB Cream has the same texture and diminishes the appearance of pores, except it also supplies coverage (read: better deal!). Waste of money.

on 2/16/2014 7:39:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Initially, it seemed to cover pores and wrinkles but the effect did not last long. This made me oilier too. My makeup didn't look any better with this and in fact, by the end of the day, my pores looked worse than without this product.

on 2/16/2014 4:41:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I got the Porefessional as a free sample from ULTA. My first thoughts:
A. Again, BeneFit. Rocking the product names.
B. What the hell is this stuff supposed to do?

So, it's supposed to minimize the appearance of pores. I'm currently not struggling with large pores, so I can't comment on its intended effectiveness. I will say, however, that this stuff feels like a dream.

Never have I put anything so light, so, whipped, so silky on my face. Mmmm. It also smells like heaven.

While I wasn't sure exactly why I was applying it to my face, I did notice the difference when I went without it for the day. Namely, my makeup was a lot harder to apply. Especially around my eyes. This is the perfect primer for those of us who end up tugging our skin around when applying concealer.

Highly recommend. It's a wonderful experience. The only reason I say I wouldn't buy it again is that I didn't buy it in the first place and I'm not sure I'd want to dish out that much cash.

on 2/15/2014 10:23:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

This is a nice product and is a good primer but the price is an issue. I've tried this in the past and really liked it but i have found a couple of similar products to this and cost a fraction of the price. It costs about £23 for 30 mls of this in the UK which now seems ridiculously expensive compared to products such as Garnier 5sec perfect blur which sells for £12 approx full price in the UK and Avon Magix face perfector which sells for about £10 full pricein the UK. I should mention that both these other products contain the same amount as the Benefit product. They are the same consistency and the Avon one contains factor 30 SPF which the Benefit one doesn't(i don't think). So to sum up a decent primer but very over priced.

After much research on this product, I decided to give it a shot. What held me back initially was it's price. It is still a bit pricey for the size of the product but since I've been looking for a good primer, I've decided to try this out. Prior to this, i was using Tarte primer which works really great for me and after trying Benefit POREfessional, I love it! It has awesome coverage for my enlarged pores on my cheeks. I love its slightly tinted color. I tried it on for a day and its oil control is awesome. My T-zone has significant oil reduction at mid-day. I would definitely repurchase despite the steep price. It's worth every cent of it. Love it!

Popular Primer/ Correctors