September 21, 2014 | 1986 users online

Primer/ Corrector - BeneFit Cosmetics - The POREfessional

rated 1 of 5 on 12/7/2013 2:59:00 PM More reviews by drok

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

What kind of primer is this?? It oxidizes all my foundations. It helps foundations to stay longer only a little bit more. A silicone based moisturizer will do a better job than that. Such a waist of money!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/7/2013 7:53:00 AM More reviews by Surfaddict

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This primer does kinda smoothen up the pores and I have large ones. It fills them in and blurs the skin a little. I use it under mineral makeup and it works well, I've also tried it under Guerlain Parure de Lumiere liquid foundation and it looked messy but this foundation is generally messy to me. Under Mat Velvet + it worked great.
Repurchase? Probably not, the effect is nothing miraculous really.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2013 3:16:00 PM More reviews by LittleRussianDoll

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is pretty good stuff. I'm not big on primers, but I like the smoothing effect this has and it veils pores well. It feels velvety soft and has a nice scent. I'm not sure if it really makes a huge difference on how long my make up lasts though so I'm not sure if I'd repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/26/2013 12:58:00 PM More reviews by taylor123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

What people need to understand is that this is NOT an oil control primer! It's called POREFESSIONAL. It's targeted towards people who have an issue with pore size. This does not control oil, nor does the name claim to. If you want one that does then you have to look into mattifying primers. With that being said I love this primer. I have an issue with large pores around my nose and a little on my cheeks. Whenever I apply this primer my makeup goes on so much nicer and my skin looks more even and polished. My pores are gone! Since it's not an oil controling primer I set everything with my de-slick spray by urban decay or a shine control powder. This stuff does what it claims to do which is minimizing pores and it does it very well. I've tried lots of primers and this is the only one that I can actually notice a difference in how my makeup looks. Is it a bit overpriced? Yes. I wish it were cheaper since I'm a college student on a bit of a budget but I have never regretted splashing out the money and it also hasnt broken me out. I would say do your research before your purchase to make sure it's suited for your skin but I personally love it.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/22/2013 10:53:00 PM More reviews by lilith1979

Although as other posters have commented this isn't the best for controlling shine, I love how it makes my pores look smoother and the texture of my skin appears to be evened out when I use it too. It's great under make-up, and the packaging is super cute, but then I love Benefit's packaging, I know I'm shallow, but it's what initially drew me to their range.

I wouldn't say this is one of their star products, Bad Gal Liner, Hoola Bronzer, or Benetint would take that crown for sure, and it's probably not even the best primer on the market, but it works slightly different to some of the other primers out there in my opinion, it appears to be lightly tinted which lends an extra evening out quality to the products texture.

It's definitely worth asking for a sample from your local Benefit counter to see if it works for you. I use it whenever I feel my skin needs an extra helping hand under my foundation and it makes my Bare Minerals go on smoother.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/20/2013 11:11:00 AM More reviews by roxannefourteen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

The packaging is cute as most benefit cosmetics packaging are. It feels very powdery and smooth on my skin but I don't think it controls my oils. With it's price I don't think I would buy again. I'll search for other primers instead.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/19/2013 3:41:00 PM More reviews by Summerkisses88

I tried this on a couple of times, and every time I did try it. I would end up breaking out within the next day. There were days when it would work great and other days it seems like it did nothing for my face. So it was a 50/50 thing for me but I wouldn't try it again due to the painful pimples I would get.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/18/2013 11:27:00 PM More reviews by jueda

This product applies wonderfully when your skin is well moisturised! it helps my makeup last all day and seem flawless. I love using this product in summer to help it stick out through the heat. When i use it in winter, my foundations seems to look a bit cakey and dry cause of the weather and my skin is usually even dryer in that season though which is a bit of a down side to the product.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/17/2013 9:01:00 PM More reviews by elidee14

This is a great product to minimize pores. But because I am extremely oily it does not keep me matte throughout the day. I will continue repurchasing.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/17/2013 10:01:00 AM More reviews by missjc75

I was assured by the sales assistant at Benefit that this was unbeatable for combating shine. Wrong! While it defintely has a lovely velvety feel on application and I would say does enable make-up to go on smoother, I would say it definitely does not reduce shine. My forehead looked as it always does (like an oil slick) again within a few hours with this on under foundation. Won't be re-purchasing.