BeneFit Cosmetics The POREfessional

3.5

Cyclopentasiloxane, dimethicone, dimethiccone/vinyl dimethicone crosspolymer, isononyl isononanoate, silica, dimethicone crosspolymore, isodedecane, phenoxyethanol, polymethyl methacrylsate, titanium dioxide (CI 77891), cyclohexasiloxane, tocopheryl acetate, fragrance (parfum), mico, iron oxides, (CI 77492), limonene, iron oxides (CI 77491), iron oxides (CI 77499), triethoxycaprylylsilane, BHT.

on 6/25/2014 10:57:00 PM

It's okay. Does make a nice surface. Does feel weird to the touch, almost scrapey after. Looks good, doesn't feel good, let's put it that way.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Pros:
goes on silky

cons:
price $30

I don't really know if it really minimized the look of my pores, but then I don't think I have large pores (thanks to my skincare routine :). So not worth the price but I'm looking for a better primer and Its so hard! Does not break me out like the Smashbox primer. It does go on very silky and I like the consistency.

on 6/20/2014 11:49:00 PM

It is a bit pricey- but definitely worth it. I've suffered from oily skin and large, prominent pores on my forehead and cheeks all my life, but this product makes them virtually disappear. I feel confident in this, because I know it'll make my skin look smooth and poreless everyday, although sometimes I'll put on a thicker layer if my skin is looking especially oily. This holds my concealer and foundation pretty well, maybe for 4-5 hours until I have to retouch, but I always put a little more porefessional on top of my foundation and I'm good to go! Maybe it isn't the best for under-foundation primer, but for those who suffer from large pores NEED this product!!
The Primed and Poreless by TooFaced slightly outdoes this though, which is why I'm giving it four stars.

on 6/19/2014 7:55:00 AM

This primer is huge disappointment, while it has nice texture and it does little something to minimize the pores (therefore 1 star) it made my foundation slipped of my face and created patches. No matter what I did, it always caused my foundation to melt down and it looked terrible too. I am a makeup artist and tried it on different skin types and it always ended up sliding of the face. Wouldn't recommend it at all!

on 6/18/2014 3:23:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I really wanted to like this product since it is a little expensive. I bought the mini size off of Sephora for about $12. First of all, the travel size is TINY. If you're expecting to get a good use out of it, I advise you just go ahead and buy the full size (If you're sure if you really like it. For myself, I have really dry skin and so I felt like this primer dried out my skin a little bit. Also, it claims to be pore minimizing but for me, it honestly did not do much. I feel like there are better primers/pore minimizers out there for a better price so I would say go ahead and skip this one from benefit.

on 6/18/2014 12:55:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I used to think this was overrated when my skin was much oilier a few years ago. Now that I'm that bit older and my skin has calmed down I can appreciate it for what an amazing product it is. I still get oily, but it's not that bad. Using a generous (but not excessive) amount all over my face before foundation really helps give me a nice smooth surface and prolong the life of my make up. It doesn't feel heavy and greasy like some primers do. I have never broken out from it, and I have very acne prone skin. I find using it all over the face, not just on the 'pore' areas helps give a more balanced finished product. I have gone through 2 tubes of this (lasts you longer than you think) and currently on my third one. It really does deserve all the hype.

on 6/17/2014 10:51:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Porefessional masks 25% of my pores and does NOTHING for my foundation application OR longevity.

For $30 I expect more.

If you are looking for something higher quality I would suggest Tarte Clean Slate Poreless Primer. It's SOOOO much BETTER. (And for $30 you get 1 oz --- as opposed to Benefit $30 for .75 oz)

on 6/16/2014 6:29:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Glorified Monistat Chafing Lotion. And the Monistat is better, to be honest.

I was sucked into the hype while visiting a Benefit store downtown. I do enjoy some of Benefit's more original products, but this was just a waste. Yes, it totally does what it says it's supposed to and for that, it gets a star. I liked the fact that it had a bit of 'skin-like' color to it, which I thought added a nice touch as a primer, so I gave it another star. 2 total stars.

But it's $30 to the Monistat which is $6 and does a better job. Recently though, I gave up both of them in favor of a primer by 100% Pure, which has no silicones and works just as well. I never realized how much my face disliked silicones. I deduced after a few months of testing out products that it doesn't mesh well with my skin and leads to clogged pores and spots.

So, if you're into silicone primers, save yourself $24 and make a trip to Target for the Monistat.

on 6/12/2014 5:48:00 PM

I LOVE this primer! I would have to say it's my favorite. My makeup lasts longer and looks much better when I use this.. I definitely recommend anyone and everyone to try this... It's very smoothing and not sticky at all!

on 6/12/2014 10:14:00 AM

One of the best primers I used. It is very pricy, £25 a tub, but it's really good. It minimalises my pores, makes my skin so smooth and it has amazing texture. It does not prolong the wear of your foundation and it hides the pores. Very good product, i would recommend.

Popular Primer/ Correctors