April 16, 2014 | 1919 users online

Primer/ Corrector - BeneFit Cosmetics - The Porefessional

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/31/2013 2:08:00 PM More reviews by stilagrrrl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This seems to work initially in that it instantly mattifies my skin, but it certainly doesn't stay that way. Within an hour or two I'm shiny again. It's better than no primer but I won't repurchase - I'll stick with my tried and true YSL Matte Touche and UD Pore Perfecting Primer Potion.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/26/2013 5:26:00 AM More reviews by mi55bonnie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I want to love this product but I can't because this make me break out. I just use this for 2 days on my Tzone only. On day 3 there are some pimples right on my tzone area.
This primer is quite good make u less shiny the end of the day, smooth appearance but did not make your pores gone, still there you know.
I don't know why I still want to try this because I read that some people break out after use this. Now I regret...

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2013 8:11:00 AM More reviews by Neelu10

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

This is one of the best primer I have tried! It can beat all the high end primers! If u have a oily T zone and large pores then you must grab it. And makeup stay on longer without any touch up! I have a acne prone sensitive skin and it never caused me any breakout! When you apply it, your skin get a velvet soft texture and gives you a good base for makeup! It's tops in my "can't live without" list!!!!!!!!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/23/2013 5:03:00 AM More reviews by Jennifer21789

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Last year I started to look for pore minimizing cream for under make up as for treatment. The sales lady at ulta recommended, I actually loved it the first time around, it was a staple for me I have in my makeup bag. Now, after the second purchase I rarely think about it and when I do actually think of it Im never satisfied with my results. I've tried under, over by its self and layered. I guess it was just a phase for me. However then positive, it's light and almost fluffy like, I can't see how it could not blend work on almost everyone's skin tone unless of course you are a very deep dark black complexion, I could see it making it look like a discolor to the skin. So it's not a bad product for the price, package tubes last forever and I have acne prone and oily ski , not even a red spot because of pore-fessional. .

rated 3 of 5 on 5/22/2013 1:05:00 AM More reviews by sarahgeedos

This is my first primer, but I really liked it...until I realized every time I wore it, my eyes stung. Worked fantastically on pores, and a bit on my redness. Perfect amount of coverage for me. I didn't wear any makeup over it. Looking hard for something to replace it.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2013 6:29:00 PM More reviews by erinbrittannyy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is the primer that I use in my everyday makeup routine and I am loving it! Almost done with my first tube and I know I will re-purchase! The weird thing is that when I apply it, it leaves my skin looking red and I have no idea why, but it gets covered right up, even with a sheer coverage foundation! It lasts about 8 hours keeping everything on. Overall great product :)

rated 3 of 5 on 5/19/2013 4:23:00 AM More reviews by alicia148

When I tried this in the shop I was amazed at how good it was, my pores literally disappeared! However when I tried it at home the same thing happened but then when I put my foundation on the effect wore off completely and you could see my pores again. This product is good but doesn't have amazing staying power and is prone to sliding off I you rub it too much or put liquid foundation on top. I now put this on after my foundation and pat it in lightly. It still sinks in a bit after a few mins but definitely reduces the appearance of my pores. I think if your pores aren't too crater like, and you apply this and then a little powder it will make you look flawless. But if you have oily skin and large pores it won't be so effective. It's also very expensive and to get the full effect I have to layer it on a bit so I don't think my tube will last too long!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/17/2013 9:44:00 PM More reviews by connieingg

I absolutely love this primer. I'm not much of a foundation primer girl until I tried this. It shrinks the appearance of my pores before I put foundation over it. The texture is very silicone feeling, but I love it. It's very smooth, it glides on easily and it my face feels very soft. I also found that if you pat it on, it'll shrink the appearance of pores even better than just swiping. The only off-putting factor for me is the smell. I'm not fond of it, but you get use to it after a while. This primer extends the wear of my foundation/BB cream for about 1-2 more hours (normal foundations wear off in around 3-4 hours), which I can't complain because I'm a complete oily mess, so any extension is fine with me xD I really adore Benefit's packaging, it has a girl in front with a bag all preppy and stuff :) Being a squeeze tube makes it another amazing factor, it's so hygienic *.* I also really appreciate that the hole that that product comes out from is very small. So you don't waste product and it will be harder for bacteria to enter the tube. The price is a bit steep but you don't need a lot for each application. I usually apply this primer to my t-zone and my porous cheek area and that's it ! So Im sure it's going to last quite some time. I really recommend it so go get chursellfff some !

rated 3 of 5 on 5/17/2013 9:24:00 PM More reviews by sg424

Well- I was taken away by the packaging and rave for this product. It smells nice and everything. When I apply it I can literally see my pores disappear in the mirror when I apply this. However, unfortunately for my skin type- this is NOT AT ALL a long last effect for me. I have oily and acne scarred skin, I put this on and apply my TARTE Amazonian Clay 12 hours full coverage foundation, and finally set it with my smooth operator powder. Well it looks all nice and dandy for the first hour then i literally see oil break through on my nose, my forehead, and my CHEEKS! I love my foundation but it only has its wonderful effect when my skin is prep and primed well and this primer is not IT. Its the best in camouflaging pores and creating a wonderful base- i guess it will last longer for people with most balanced skin types. If you are super oily- or OILY PERIOD- please get a sample first before you purchase. So I had to switch back to my TARTE 12 hour clean slate poreless primer which focuses more on my oil control (unbelievably) more then my pores. It definitely smooths pores out to (not as well as porefessional) but it definitely does something that porefessional can't- SUPER OIL CONTROL. So, unfortunately I can give it three lippies for its cool pore minimizing effect but did nothing to make it last long. Hopefully this will work for others.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2013 4:17:00 PM More reviews by carcher7

This does what it says. It hides your pores. I like the texture, I like the way it blends and everything else about it. It is expensive for what you get though. The L'oreal magic primer is very similar in the effectiveness and for much le$$ but if I have the extra money I'd buy the Benefit.