August 21, 2014 | 1840 users online

Palettes - Urban Decay - NAKED

RELATED PRODUCTS

NAKED2: http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=148781/NAKED2-/Urban-Decay/Palettes

NAKED3: http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=167248/NAKED-3/Urban-Decay/Palettes

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2013 9:41:00 PM More reviews by itsiliii

I can't believe I never reviewed this! I bought this about 2 years ago when it was all the rage and it always seemed to be sold out. Instead of reading up on the colors I decided just to buy it off of hype alone like the genius that I am.

Well, I've got to say this is a good palette. The colors are all very smooth/buttery, a couple of them have fallout issues (im looking at you sidecar, seriously it makes me look like I cried glitter). It's also a very good palette for beginners, especially since the colors are rather easy to blend out into one another. Now the truth is that this palette all comes down to personal preference, and for me personally it's rather boring. There's sooooooo much shimmer in all of the shades, and the shades all seem to just look the same once it's blended out. It is also a veryyyy warm toned palette.

The packaging also gets real dirty real fast, id say swatch this sucker before you buy! The amount of glitter may not be to your taste, nor the color scheme!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 9/15/2013 11:06:00 PM More reviews by veelui

i love the colors and the staying power, i like to use it as eyeliner more than shadow. its just expensive so i use physicians formula as the affordable version as it is the same to me.

i like the colors in naked 2 better than this, and the double sided brush that comes included.
i do like that they provided the primer sample in this than the lip gloss with naked 2

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2013 11:05:00 PM More reviews by Ninotackii

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Glides on smooth, good pigmentation, can create variety of looks.Love it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/13/2013 1:28:00 AM More reviews by FaceofMaleah

After a year of owing this palette I can safely say that I am not in love with it and I think it is overrated. This was bought for me as a gift last year and I had had my eye on it for so long- the shades were gorgeous and the right tone for my skin, the packaging was so beautiful, you also got a brush and a primer along with it- it seemed like the perfect palette! And while it is a decent palette, I do not think it lives up to the hype. I opted to get this palette over Naked 2 since I thought the shades were more appealing and suited my eye colour better which they definitely do. But I have so many gripes with this palette....My first one being the versatility of the shadows. All of the shadows are essentially just darker or lighter versions of the exact same hue which ends up making it so almost every eye look you put together using this palette looks identical. I think this palette really kills it with the amount of brown and would have been a bit better off had their been a reddy/mahogany or matte pink shade along with it which brings me to my next point. The only two matte shades in this palette are 'Naked' and 'Buck' which are gorgeous shades but I think the palette should have included a few more matte shades especially since the other shades are incredibly shimmery and if I make an eye look from the palette that doesn't include either Naked or Buck, my eyes look very overkill. I don't mind shimmery shades but this is a palette after all and I expect variety. Another issue is that the only two shades that you could use for a brow bone highlight are incredibly frosty pink colours which don't really go with the rest of the tones and look out of place. And lastly, the amount of fall out. Any time I apply these shadows there is an INSANE amount of fallout and since the shadows are very sparkly, I am left with mass amounts of glitter under my eyes for the rest of the day. Whenever I use this palette, I do my eyes before foundation to avoid messing it up but even then you can't possibly get rid of all the fallout no matter how much you wipe it with a swab. While I do think this palette is very visually appealing, at the end of the day, there isn't really much you can do with it and the little you can leaves quite mess. I will definitely use up this palette which I imagine will last bme for several years but I would not buy one again and will probably steer clear of Urban Decay eyeshadows in the future. Even though the colour payoff is excellent, the shades Urban Decay makes are so unique and the price is right...they're just not what I expect from high end makeup. Will not repurchase.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2013 8:28:00 PM More reviews by ccharbs

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a must have product from Urban Decay! I bought my Naked Palette close to two years ago and use either this or the Naked 2 Palette every day. I have only hit pan on one colour (Sin) and this palette allows you to do so many different looks.

Yes the palette is a little on the expensive side ($60) but the quality is well worth the cost. The palette could be double the cost and I still would recommend buying it. I love that when I travel I only have to carry this with me and can have a variety of options.

Favorite Shadows:
-virgin (for highlighting)
-sin (beautiful colour)
-half baked

The only shadow I wasn't particularly a fan of was Sidecar. I tried this shadow once or twice but it was far too shimmery and had a lot of fall out. Best eye shadow I've ever owned!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2013 4:20:00 PM More reviews by angelitaaguila

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

If you do the math, your paying around $4.?? per eyeshadow! And your getting UD quality. So far I think this is a steal. Its a must investment. It might seem like a splurge item but it reality its a bargain! I dare you to add up some of your drugstore singles and it might even be more expensive unless your pricing something like wet and wild. But other than that the pigmentation is amazing and its a must. Yes it doesn't have matte but if that's what your looking for then don't even think of getting this. Sometimes people complain about products but maybe it was there fault for buying something that they don't even like. This by no means gets advertised by being matte so stop your wining. But the matte palette from the balm or Sonia Kashuk!!!!!!!!

I love my naked palette! Ufff some fix plus to foil the eye shadow and you'll be looking like a diva. Again go to the store and swatch and make sure its something that checks your main targets. Otherwise its not the products fault. If you want shimmer and glitter and sparkle, so now and get this you beauty!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/10/2013 8:47:00 PM More reviews by arianaXmonster

WORTH THE MONEY! Hands down the best shadows I have ever used and I use them EVERY day! Love this!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2013 6:32:00 AM More reviews by nattiekins05

This palette is unbelievable. I would say its on my top ten for must haves- all year round. I use it in the summer, fall, winter and the spring- because the colors are so neutral, its very easy to get a natural, beautiful look. I love that this pallete has both matte and shimmer shadows- both of which look stunning used seperatly, or blended together... I got this at ulta a while back (because it was on sale for $40 when the regular price was $50. i also got a free gift with purchase, which was a big sample of their anti-aging eyeshadow primer potion). The brush that comes with this pallete is decent. I use it when I am on the go, or traveling... but if I am at home, applying the shadow- i use a couple other brushes for application, just because they are easier to work with when I am blending and i am much more comfortable using my own brushes. One more thing- this eyeshadow does a pretty good job without using a primer potion, HOWEVER- with the colors that have a slight shimmer, i ALWAYS reccomend using a primer, otherwise the shimmer will end up all over your face, and it will crease after a short period of time. Save yourself the mess and the headache and buy one of the handful of primer potions UD offers. Good luck! i hope you like this one as much as i did... i am very excited to try the 2nd pallete, and i will review as soon im finished ;-)

rated 4 of 5 on 9/2/2013 4:40:00 PM More reviews by taupeandteacups

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Whilst this palette works better on brown eyes in my opinion I still would not be without it and have in fact repurchased it once already. Even though the packaging is impractical it's sort of part of the charm and comfort of this old favourite palette. For £3 per shadow, taking into consideration the amazing quality and staying power, this palette really is very reasonably priced with no bad colours or dud shades. More of an AW palette for me so looking forward to getting more use out of this again in the coming months!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2013 3:03:00 PM More reviews by hlovespearl

This was quite a splurge for me but I definitely paid off! This palette comes with 12 amazing, pigmented, creamy, beautiful colors! I use this palette everyday wether it is the sparkly lid colors or the beautiful browns. This palette is worth every cent! You are getting 12 full size UD shadows (which cost $18 separately) PLUS a primer! You are getting each shadow for about $5 without even including the primer potion. If you considering it, definitely save up to get it! Such a great investment. I can't say enough good things about this palette. TIP: When the outside of the palette gets dirty with lint, eyeshadow etc.- use a lint roller on it. It makes it look brand new!