Almay Non-Oily Eye Makeup Remover Pads

3.6

Aqua (Water) (Water, Eau), Poloxamer 184, Butylene Glycol, Disodium Lauroamphodiacetate, Sodium Trideceth Sulfate, Hexylene Glycol, Cucumis Sativa (Cucumber) Fruit Extract (Cucumber), Aloe Vera (Aloe Barbadensis) Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Citric Acid, Benzyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol 12-29-2010

on 7/8/2008 9:58:00 PM

I rarely buy products twice. I always think there's something better out there for me. Not so with this eye makeup remover. I've used it as long as I can remember.

Yes, they're not the greatest for removing waterproof mascara but I don't wear waterproof so they work great for me.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is the only eye makeup remover I've used that doesn't burn my eyes or get into them and cloud up my contact lenses. That's a big problem I have with the liquid removers, especially Clinique. The Almay pads get everything off pretty well. Might have to use 2 pads if I'm wearing a lot of dark eyeliner, but otherwise 1 works just fine. They do feel like they leave a bit of a film on the skin, but I never remove my makeup in the middle of the day, so I just rinse it off when I wash my face. Also, the packaging is nice for travel and storage.

on 7/6/2008 1:02:00 AM

I used the product two different times. Almay oil-free eye makeup remover pads made my eyes extremely blood-shot. It did remove the makeup, but my eyes are burning and red. I DO NOT recommend that anyone buy this product. I purchased when I was out of Dior makeup remover wanting to save money, but I am rushing out to buy a bottle of Dior Duo Phase again, because it never irritated my eyes. It claims on the container that it is ophthalmologist tested, hypoallergenic and good for contact lens wearers, but I find that hard to believe due to my eye reactions after using twice.

Also it comes with 80 pads, but they are very thin and small. Hard to apply due to small size.

on 6/23/2008 8:49:00 PM

The best thing about this product is that it's convenient, easy to use and cheap. Besides that, I HATED it. Even though it is non-oily, it left a residue on my face and I had to wash it off. Also, my eyes were irritated every time I used it.

on 6/22/2008 12:50:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

I love these as an alternative to cotton balls/pads to remove eye makeup. They don't shred so you don't have to worry about cotton in your eyes or lashes. As a tip I buy the oil free version but add my favorite eye makeup remover (Sephora non waterproof) to the container and shake it up. It addes extra remover to all of the pads. You need very little eyemakeup remover and they will stay moist the entire time if you keep the jar closed; worst case scenario you might have to add a little more as you use up the pads. Kroger almost always has the Almay line 50% off so these come to $2.75 for 80 pads; I usually use 1 pad per eye every night.

on 6/21/2008 2:59:00 PM

A little bit pricey, but definitely worth it. They stay nice and moist inside the container, and they don't have a strong smell like a lot of other products. Very soothing and did not dry out the delicate skin around my eyes. I'm do not use waterproof makeup, so I'm not sure how well these work at getting that stuff off, but for regular makeup these are great - I will definitely repurchase.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

A bit pricey, but very worth it. I wear contacts so I deal with my eyes a lot and don't want to irritate them. These pads are great for being gentle, they don't burn or itch and get your make-up off so nicely. They're small, so sometimes I'll use more than one, but you only need one pad to remove makeup from both eyes. It's a small bottle, so you can bring it everywhere. I take it to dance recitals and on the plane with me and it fits perfectly into any space unlike the boxes of wipes that are not-so-easy to be portable.

on 6/17/2008 2:00:00 AM

A must have for my make-up bag. I've gone thru a handful of different eye make-up removers & this one works the best for me. Soft gentle pads. Have not had a problem with stinging eyes. The moisturizing pads work better for taking off waterproof eye make-up.

i like these because they remove my mascara completely and arent greasy, but they burn my eyes awfully! theyre expensive too

on 6/9/2008 3:01:00 PM

Used these for years - probably 12 or so at least, if not longer.

They are awesome. Through the years the artwork on the jar has changed a few times since I first bought them, but they still work the same.

I like these for several reasons. First, they truly are non-oily. I've tried the sample jars from the cosmetics counter giveaways over the years, and their liquids contain oils that always seem to leak into my eyes and cloud my contacts no matter how careful I am.

Second, the pad does not shed fuzzies. I've worn contacts for 26 years and I am super sensitive to anything - anything - being in or near my eye, I can feel it all. I can't stand using cotton balls or pads to clean my eyes. They always begin to shed bits and then I'm staring at a mag mirror trying to pull miniscule bits of fuzz from my eyelashes. These pads do not shed at all.

Third, the jars are just so handy and portable. I've traveled with them, dropped them, kicked them, you name it. I do recommend "flipping the stack" often, which helps keep the cleanser evenly distributed (instead of sinking to the bottom of the pile and staying there).

IMHO the only thing where these don't work quite as well is if you are using waterproof mascara. I very rarely wear the stuff, as it really makes my lashes brittle and the work required to remove waterproof mascara is pretty hard on one's eyes and the skin around them.

Anyway - at this point I think they truly are the single item that has been in my bathroom the longest of anything. I've changed just about everything else in my makeup and skincare over the years, but not this one.