Wet 'n' Wild Color Icon Single - Brulee

4.6

Price: $

Price: $

Talc, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Dimethicone, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Magnesium Stearate, Nylon-12, Polyethylene, Boron Nitride, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Tin Oxide (in Shade 255B), Synthetic Fluorphlogopite (in Shade 254B), Silica (in Shade 257A), Methicone (in Shade 251A), Dimethicone/Methicone Copolymer (in Shade 251A). May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide/CI 77891, Iron Oxides/CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, Manganese Violet/CI 77742, Ultramarines/CI 77007, Carmine/CI 75470, Chromium Oxide Greens/CI 77288, Ferric Ferrocyanide/CI 77510, Blue 1 Lake/CI 42090

on 8/30/2011 6:29:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I went to Walgreens yesterday and it looks like they designated an end aisle area to wnw 99 cent products. You know how they have two lines of lipsticks and nail polishes. Well the more inexpesive lines are at this 99 cent end aisle area along with the color ico single shadows. If you guys are interested, might as well pick them up for 99 cents. I already own all the colors. They are soft shadows and highly pigmented.

on 8/30/2011 6:10:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This is close to my skin tone at NC25, im not paper white but blended on my hand this shade almost disappears into my skin color which is perfect for daily use. Im not big on heavy or even visible eye makeup daily, but I do have dark eyelids--mainly puffy & red from lack of sleep (racoon eyes from a bad job of removing mascara lol) & this beautifully hides that and gives me wide awake fresh ALIVE eyes!!

(Its like putting on UD primer potion by itself but a wholee lot cheaper) Its silky, soft & quite buildable without looking muddy. I could easily layer it so that it does show up as an eyeshadow & throw in a crease color if I wanted. Also works wonders on my arch, to give my eyebrows a more polished look. And its dirt cheap! Check out Rite Aid for weekly BOGO half off or 40% off deals & stock up :)

on 8/21/2011 3:46:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Brulee is a gorgeous matte shadow that works perfectly as a base, especially with my fair skin tone. A little powdery, but great coverage, staying power, and pretty cheap - I think $2.49. The packaging is HORRIBLE though. It's really difficult to open the case. I chip a nail every time. I would recommend popping the shadow out of the plastic case and putting it in a magnetic palette.

on 8/21/2011 3:29:00 PM

I use this on my lid & put purple in the crease for a sexy look thats perfect with hot pink lips. Brulee is super cheap and pretty pigmented. I dont have anything bad to say about the packaging since its like $2

on 8/21/2011 1:24:00 PM

Love this color.....has excellent pigmentation. Very little fallout. It's a great highlight color. WnW just needs to fix their packaging.

on 8/13/2011 7:34:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This particular shade from Wet N Wild's Color Icon singles collection is a great, inexpensive matte eyeshadow! It's a neutral, flesh-toned (fair) color that is smooth and well-pigmented. It has become, for myself, a multi-purpose product. I use this as a base color for the lid, a matte highlight for the brow bone, to blend/correct shadow application mistakes, and even on the rest of my face (under-eye area and blemishes).

However, with all the positive attributes of the product, I will acknowledge that it's not exactly perfect.
Firstly, the packaging: the snap closure locks tightly & makes it hard to open some of these singles. I own the other two singles, 'Nutty' & 'Penny'; of all three, 'Penny' is the easiest to open. Unfortunately, this means that it also closes forcefully.
Which brings me to my second point. Like most of WnW's shadows, the soft, buttery consistency of the shadow comes at a price, as they tend to crumble rather easily. Couple the shadow with the faulty packaging and you've got a problem.
I used it for about two weeks until I noticed the shadow starting to crumble on the edges. I easily remedied it by crumbling the deteriorating shadow even further, taking Isopropyl alcohol AKA rubbing alcohol/spirit (I used 70%), put a few drops & mixed (just enough to create a creamy mixture). I then took a square of two-ply toilet paper (that I folded to fit the shadow pan), and started pressing for about 5 minutes. I let it dry for a day or two, and it was as good as new: the same color, pigmentation, and wear. The only difference was that I had little less fall out with application.

So, if you're willing to go through that, this product isn't so bad. Otherwise, you could use it as loose shadow, or look elsewhere -- your choice :D

I'd personally re-purchase and rate it as 3.5 out of 5 lippies.

on 8/13/2011 5:03:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is a fabulous highlight shade for my skintone (NC30). It is fairly matte so it works better for me rather than a shimmery or frosty one. Brulee is very pigmented and not chalky. I have also liked using this to blend my shadow. Packaging is a bit hard to open, but I plan to depot mine for easy day-to-day use. Love this and recommend it. For the price, you can't go wrong!

on 8/12/2011 11:49:00 PM

Anyone who reviews this and says terrible things must have gotten a "bad" package! WnW shadows are equal to if not greater than MAC. I have MAC Brulee and WnW Brulee and I find them nearly identical! Only real difference? The price. As long as WnW makes e/s I will repurchase. I depot my shadows, so I don't really care about the packaging, and I find myself going to the WnW shadows over the MAC ones every time.

on 8/12/2011 12:33:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

chalky, flakes, when I put my brush in this, shadow crumbles, makes a huge mess and while I apply this on lids or as highlight, it doesn't impress me, at all. I don't see all the raves about w/w shadows they are crap, as they were before in the past & now. I only purchased b/c of all the 'good' reviews. I'm not impressed, at all. I rather pay the bigger price for better quality. (ie. Mac) and if anyone says W/W are dupes for Mac, please do not listen, unless you like crumbly, flat-pigmentation, poor packaging (which is awful b/c it gets everywhere in your mu bag). Ugh

on 8/6/2011 2:37:00 PM

This is my go to all-over shade. It's the same colour as my skin and erases any veins showing through my eyelid.

The application is smooth. It works as a highlight for natural looks.

I've already bought a back up (for $2.97 CDN how not?) and will continue to repurchase.

This has become my most frequently used e/s.