Wet 'n' Wild Color Icon Single - Brulee

4.6

Price: $

Price: $

Talc, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Dimethicone, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Magnesium Stearate, Nylon-12, Polyethylene, Boron Nitride, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Tin Oxide (in Shade 255B), Synthetic Fluorphlogopite (in Shade 254B), Silica (in Shade 257A), Methicone (in Shade 251A), Dimethicone/Methicone Copolymer (in Shade 251A). May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide/CI 77891, Iron Oxides/CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, Manganese Violet/CI 77742, Ultramarines/CI 77007, Carmine/CI 75470, Chromium Oxide Greens/CI 77288, Ferric Ferrocyanide/CI 77510, Blue 1 Lake/CI 42090

on 9/15/2011 1:28:00 AM

BEST browbone color ever...and so cheap too. I love the consistency and the pigmentation. I don't mind the packaging so much.

on 9/9/2011 2:43:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I absolutely love this. I always run out of white-ish colors in my palettes really quickly so I wanted to find a good single shadow. It has amazing pigmentation and it's extremely soft and applies like butter. It's blendable. It's the perfect color for a natural look, especially if you're fair like me. I sort of use this as a powder concealer for my eyelids, to cover veins and discoloration if I'm having a barely any makeup sort of day. I also use this as a very natural looking highlight! I have had no problems at all, even with the packaging I have had no issues! LOVE LOVE LOVE! And I only got it for $1.50 at Fred Meyer (AKA, Kroger)

on 9/7/2011 12:36:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

MUST HAVE This is my go to matte neutral color, I use it every single day. Its so reasonable at $1.99. It's a good dupe for MAC's Brule, it's just slightly more cream in color, only slightly. I always ensure I have back-up and have a few extra on hand. It's the perfect highlight color for the brow bone, inner corner of your eye and wiping away fall out It blends out beautifully!

on 8/30/2011 6:29:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I went to Walgreens yesterday and it looks like they designated an end aisle area to wnw 99 cent products. You know how they have two lines of lipsticks and nail polishes. Well the more inexpesive lines are at this 99 cent end aisle area along with the color ico single shadows. If you guys are interested, might as well pick them up for 99 cents. I already own all the colors. They are soft shadows and highly pigmented.

on 8/30/2011 6:10:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This is close to my skin tone at NC25, im not paper white but blended on my hand this shade almost disappears into my skin color which is perfect for daily use. Im not big on heavy or even visible eye makeup daily, but I do have dark eyelids--mainly puffy & red from lack of sleep (racoon eyes from a bad job of removing mascara lol) & this beautifully hides that and gives me wide awake fresh ALIVE eyes!!

(Its like putting on UD primer potion by itself but a wholee lot cheaper) Its silky, soft & quite buildable without looking muddy. I could easily layer it so that it does show up as an eyeshadow & throw in a crease color if I wanted. Also works wonders on my arch, to give my eyebrows a more polished look. And its dirt cheap! Check out Rite Aid for weekly BOGO half off or 40% off deals & stock up :)

on 8/21/2011 3:46:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Brulee is a gorgeous matte shadow that works perfectly as a base, especially with my fair skin tone. A little powdery, but great coverage, staying power, and pretty cheap - I think $2.49. The packaging is HORRIBLE though. It's really difficult to open the case. I chip a nail every time. I would recommend popping the shadow out of the plastic case and putting it in a magnetic palette.

on 8/21/2011 3:29:00 PM

I use this on my lid & put purple in the crease for a sexy look thats perfect with hot pink lips. Brulee is super cheap and pretty pigmented. I dont have anything bad to say about the packaging since its like $2

on 8/21/2011 1:24:00 PM

Love this color.....has excellent pigmentation. Very little fallout. It's a great highlight color. WnW just needs to fix their packaging.

on 8/13/2011 7:34:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This particular shade from Wet N Wild's Color Icon singles collection is a great, inexpensive matte eyeshadow! It's a neutral, flesh-toned (fair) color that is smooth and well-pigmented. It has become, for myself, a multi-purpose product. I use this as a base color for the lid, a matte highlight for the brow bone, to blend/correct shadow application mistakes, and even on the rest of my face (under-eye area and blemishes).

However, with all the positive attributes of the product, I will acknowledge that it's not exactly perfect.
Firstly, the packaging: the snap closure locks tightly & makes it hard to open some of these singles. I own the other two singles, 'Nutty' & 'Penny'; of all three, 'Penny' is the easiest to open. Unfortunately, this means that it also closes forcefully.
Which brings me to my second point. Like most of WnW's shadows, the soft, buttery consistency of the shadow comes at a price, as they tend to crumble rather easily. Couple the shadow with the faulty packaging and you've got a problem.
I used it for about two weeks until I noticed the shadow starting to crumble on the edges. I easily remedied it by crumbling the deteriorating shadow even further, taking Isopropyl alcohol AKA rubbing alcohol/spirit (I used 70%), put a few drops & mixed (just enough to create a creamy mixture). I then took a square of two-ply toilet paper (that I folded to fit the shadow pan), and started pressing for about 5 minutes. I let it dry for a day or two, and it was as good as new: the same color, pigmentation, and wear. The only difference was that I had little less fall out with application.

So, if you're willing to go through that, this product isn't so bad. Otherwise, you could use it as loose shadow, or look elsewhere -- your choice :D

I'd personally re-purchase and rate it as 3.5 out of 5 lippies.

on 8/13/2011 5:03:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is a fabulous highlight shade for my skintone (NC30). It is fairly matte so it works better for me rather than a shimmery or frosty one. Brulee is very pigmented and not chalky. I have also liked using this to blend my shadow. Packaging is a bit hard to open, but I plan to depot mine for easy day-to-day use. Love this and recommend it. For the price, you can't go wrong!