Wet 'n' Wild Color Icon Single - Brulee

4.6

Price: $

Price: $

Talc, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Dimethicone, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Magnesium Stearate, Nylon-12, Polyethylene, Boron Nitride, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Tin Oxide (in Shade 255B), Synthetic Fluorphlogopite (in Shade 254B), Silica (in Shade 257A), Methicone (in Shade 251A), Dimethicone/Methicone Copolymer (in Shade 251A). May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide/CI 77891, Iron Oxides/CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, Manganese Violet/CI 77742, Ultramarines/CI 77007, Carmine/CI 75470, Chromium Oxide Greens/CI 77288, Ferric Ferrocyanide/CI 77510, Blue 1 Lake/CI 42090

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I was shocked by how good this product was. It's getting a bit silly, really, because I still associate Wet 'n' Wild with the super-cheap hot pink lipsticks that my mom bought me to play with when I was like seven so that I didn't ruin her good ones, despite the fact that they've consistently wowed me with solid, well-pigmented products for the past two or so years. This eyeshadow is a flattering neutral that goes on smoothly. It's very matte, but I definitely would not call it chalky. I have large eyes (aka, pronounced creases that catch just about everything), but I have yet to have issues with creasing. I wear it on its own for a neutral look, or as a base color for darker accent shades when I'm going out at night. Good light neutrals can be surprisingly hard to find in eyeshadows (they always seem to be too chalky, disappear after fifteen minutes, or are too shimmery), but this little guy is perfect. The packaging isn't awesome, but it's $2, so if it breaks, I'm not about to complain. Definitely comparable with the MAC and Nars shadows that I've used in the past, which is saying something because, again, two bucks. Whatever you've been doing for the past couple of years, Wet 'n' Wild, keep on doing it. Cheap--even for mass market prices--products that deliver results comparable to prestige brands? Yes, please.

This has great color payoff for the price. I was worried it would be chalky, but it itsn't. I use it to blend color, as a highlight, and an all over wash of color (on lazy days). Overall, very satisfied!

This is a great matte shade, and you cannot beat the price. I would say this is a good universal shade that most women can wear. It goes on smoothly, and is easy to blend. I've been using this as my allover eye color, after my primer.

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

This eyeshadow is gorgeous. it's an off white/ beige color that's completely matte which I LOVE it has replaces my MAC Brulee and my MUFE matte beige eyeshadow and it's only $2!!!!!

This is my first Wnw product. I was looking for a light matte, not white, not pink, just light neutral. Purchased Brulee based on the rave reviews on MUA. It is not as good as Mac but it is smooth application and good quality. If the color worked, then I might have loved this. I don't even mind the simple package it comes in.

However, like the review from Tinkerbell below, Brulee does not show up on my skin at all. I am between warm and cool and can usually wear the lightest shade of either warm or cool liquid foundation. I tried to use Brulee on different part of my face, with or without primer, it just doesn't show. There's nothing wrong with Burlee except it clashes with my color. Overall, it's a very decent eyeshadow.

I LOVE this shadow. It is the perfect color for the inner corners of my eyes near the bridge of my nose, really brightens it up!!! I have purchased many of these, afraid that the color will be discontinued. Highly recommend.

Cute packaging. No fallout. A tad chalky but smooth application. I can understand how this would be an amazing brow highlight color. But, for some reason, on me, it does nothing! I think Brulee is literally the color of my brow bone. I tried standing in different light to see if it showed any highlighting activities, but it did not. I wouldn't purchase this color again, but I would totally purchase the other colors!

Love this! It is like 1.99 at the store and is a great highlight. It is a tab bit chalky, but not too much. Very smooth and great pigmentation for such a light color.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Overall, I love this eyeshadow. For the price, it really can't me beat. I normally do not buy drugstore e/s but this really reminds me of higher end shadows like Bobbi Brown, Laura Mercier and MAC. The color as other reviewers have stated is a dupe of MAC's Brule - a creamy matte pale beige. This works well at covering discoloration on my eyelids. The only real drawback for me is the packaging as it's hard to open, but for less than $2 you can't have everything. This is my new everyday look more awake e/s, a title previously held by MAC Soft Ochre paint pot. The WnW shadow creases less.

For reference- NC15 / BB Porcelain / LM Porcelain, dark hair and brown eyes. 41 with Dry, Sensitive skin.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love this eyeshadow. It's exactly what I need: A matte, cream colored base shadow that works as a brow highlighter and an all-over lid color on days when I'm pressed for time. This costs $1.99, I use it almost every day, and it's one of my favorite purchases of 2011. I always use this over primer, and it's easy to apply and lasts all day. I don't have trouble opening the lid, although it is a little tight. Highly recommended.