September 16, 2014 | 1948 users online

Dry Shampoo - TRESemme - Fresh Start Dry Shampoo for Oily/Straight to Normal Hair

rated 1 of 5 on 5/26/2011 2:40:00 PM More reviews by ef604

This sucks!!! It doesnt absorb oil at all! It feels like spraying my roots with hairspray as it has some kind of a weird hold/texture. Don't waste your money - go buy Batiste.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/25/2011 11:32:00 PM More reviews by linet182

It didn't do anything to my hair. I have long hair so I don't like washing my hair every day or every other day... I try washing once every 2 days. My hair gets a little oily by the 3rd day so I need something to give me a fresher look. I didn't feel like this product helped with anything. It smelled nice, but really it felt like I was spraying powder onto my hair, I felt like I was in a cloud of smoke, made me cough and gag at the same time. I love the Tresemme shampoo, but the dry shampoo didn't do anything.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/23/2011 7:25:00 AM More reviews by branlt

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This was the worst hair product I have ever used in my entire life, period. It was like standing in an ash cloud while applying. While the scent could have been nice, it was overwhelming. And did nothing for my hair. In fact, Bare Escentuals Mineral Powder, while more expensive, works like magic, so does pure cornstarch baby powder.

The most offensive 'side effect', was the breaking out. My scalp, my neck, my face, my shoulders, and my chest! Anywhere this product landed, I broke out. I have been fortunate in my lifetime to never have any issues with acne/breakouts, and I have always felt blessed to not have had to deal with it. I look like a teenager with an acne issue. Dozens of blemishes! Painful blemishes. I am peeved to say the least. I have graduation ceremonies, and celebrations coming up for my child, and I can only hope my face clears up by then!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/19/2011 6:38:00 PM More reviews by ShoeGalKayla

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

To start off, I have dark, thick, coarse, hair (I'm half asian) that I can get by without washing for 3-4 days. I LOVE this product, and the low price makes it even better.

I just put a few spritzes when I notice my hair gets oily near my part, brush, I leave the house with clean looking hair (it even gives it a little bit of volume). It certainly doesn't feel like that "just washed" hair, but only you know how many days it's been since your last wash...

I can see how this product wouldn't work for everyone, but it works wonders with my hair. My only complaint is that the top of the bottle has gotten clogged a few times. Other than that, I couldn't live without it!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/17/2011 2:03:00 PM More reviews by phitius

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have dark brown hair with bright red highlights. This product left my hair dull and ashy looking. It also did nothing for the oil near my scalp.

The scent is okay, though it is very strong. I don't imagine it would eliminate odor as much as it would (possibly) cover it up.

Will not be repurchasing.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/7/2011 12:47:00 PM More reviews by KCostaa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Tresemme products never fail to disappoint me, incredibly. If Tresemme really did start in salons, then its no wonder why it isn't in salons anymore: the products are terrible. And yet, the commercial for this one got me. It sounded great for me, because my hair gets greasy and yucky feeling pretty fast, and I can't wash it as often as it gets oily because that wouldnt be good for my hair. So I purchased a bottle of this stuff not expecting any miracles, but hoping it would help me out a bit.

I used it, as directed, in my kitchen before heading out one day... I didn't end up going out. After brushing it out, My hair was just as greasy, and looked even worse. It was oily, stuck together and impossible to style. The scent is a little overbearing for me, but i'll admit it will add some freshness to an unwashed mane. Another thing unrelated to its effect on my hair, is that it made my kitchen floor (where I had sprayed it on my hair) into a skating rink. Everyone in my house kept wiping out on the same spot, and it only took me a second to remember that that particular spot was where I used the stuff. It was a mission to get the floor clean too. So as a side note, I'd recommend not using this over laminate flooring haha.

I personally won't buy this product again, will not use any more on my hair & wouldn't recommend it.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2011 6:14:00 PM More reviews by caramel87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Why does this have such a low rating!! I LOVE IT! It's an awesome quick fix for oily hair when you don't have the time to wash and style your hair. The effect only lasts for about 6 hours, and that's just enough for me to go to a class or two then return for a shower. Has saved my always late butt on several occasions. Can't live without it!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/5/2011 5:29:00 PM More reviews by bgirl323

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Thought this would be good for in-between days or when running late. Ew, gross. Not even worth it... tried the product several times, different ways, brushed through and blow-dried. Left my hair flat, heavy, with waxy looking clumps, absolutely worse than just having gone au natural!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2011 6:24:00 AM More reviews by nubletta

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This thing produced white flakes on my hair. It looked like I had some serious dandruff going on. I'll stick to baby powder for better, cheaper results thank you very much.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/3/2011 11:55:00 AM More reviews by bargain_girl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I read all the reviews after I bought this product at Target (not on sale!). Definitely smells good and if nothing else, will make hair that hasn't been washed smell better! I'd just gotten my hair highlighted and was told not to wash it for a couple of days so granted, my hair was pretty oily at the point when I first used it. I won't say it was miraculous, but it seemed to take some of the oil away and there was no residue or flaking. I maybe should've used more because my hair still felt a bit oily afterward, but I was afraid of overdoing it! Make sure to let product dry a minute or so before you touch/brush. Overall not bad as a refresher - but I'm not sure yet if it will take the place of a wash...guess I'll find out!
**UPDATE - agree with others that while not the worst thing in the world - definitely far from the best. Leaves a weird residue in hair and only good if you need 1-2 hours mileage out of your 'do - will not last the whole day. Would not repurchase and don't recommend. Oribe MUCH better and worth the price.