April 19, 2014 | 1860 users online

Dry Shampoo - TRESemme - Fresh Start Dry Shampoo for Oily/Straight to Normal Hair

rated 2 of 5 on 5/7/2011 12:47:00 PM More reviews by KCostaa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Tresemme products never fail to disappoint me, incredibly. If Tresemme really did start in salons, then its no wonder why it isn't in salons anymore: the products are terrible. And yet, the commercial for this one got me. It sounded great for me, because my hair gets greasy and yucky feeling pretty fast, and I can't wash it as often as it gets oily because that wouldnt be good for my hair. So I purchased a bottle of this stuff not expecting any miracles, but hoping it would help me out a bit.

I used it, as directed, in my kitchen before heading out one day... I didn't end up going out. After brushing it out, My hair was just as greasy, and looked even worse. It was oily, stuck together and impossible to style. The scent is a little overbearing for me, but i'll admit it will add some freshness to an unwashed mane. Another thing unrelated to its effect on my hair, is that it made my kitchen floor (where I had sprayed it on my hair) into a skating rink. Everyone in my house kept wiping out on the same spot, and it only took me a second to remember that that particular spot was where I used the stuff. It was a mission to get the floor clean too. So as a side note, I'd recommend not using this over laminate flooring haha.

I personally won't buy this product again, will not use any more on my hair & wouldn't recommend it.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2011 6:14:00 PM More reviews by caramel87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Why does this have such a low rating!! I LOVE IT! It's an awesome quick fix for oily hair when you don't have the time to wash and style your hair. The effect only lasts for about 6 hours, and that's just enough for me to go to a class or two then return for a shower. Has saved my always late butt on several occasions. Can't live without it!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/5/2011 5:29:00 PM More reviews by bgirl323

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Thought this would be good for in-between days or when running late. Ew, gross. Not even worth it... tried the product several times, different ways, brushed through and blow-dried. Left my hair flat, heavy, with waxy looking clumps, absolutely worse than just having gone au natural!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2011 6:24:00 AM More reviews by nubletta

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This thing produced white flakes on my hair. It looked like I had some serious dandruff going on. I'll stick to baby powder for better, cheaper results thank you very much.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/3/2011 11:55:00 AM More reviews by bargain_girl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I read all the reviews after I bought this product at Target (not on sale!). Definitely smells good and if nothing else, will make hair that hasn't been washed smell better! I'd just gotten my hair highlighted and was told not to wash it for a couple of days so granted, my hair was pretty oily at the point when I first used it. I won't say it was miraculous, but it seemed to take some of the oil away and there was no residue or flaking. I maybe should've used more because my hair still felt a bit oily afterward, but I was afraid of overdoing it! Make sure to let product dry a minute or so before you touch/brush. Overall not bad as a refresher - but I'm not sure yet if it will take the place of a wash...guess I'll find out!
**UPDATE - agree with others that while not the worst thing in the world - definitely far from the best. Leaves a weird residue in hair and only good if you need 1-2 hours mileage out of your 'do - will not last the whole day. Would not repurchase and don't recommend. Oribe MUCH better and worth the price.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/2/2011 2:30:00 PM More reviews by mpharper

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

EW. Doesn't absorb oil, and leaves my hair looking just as greasy with a weird grayish cast. Also makes it feel grungy and gritty and disgusting. Save yourself the trouble and buy a can of Batiste.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/30/2011 2:57:00 AM More reviews by glamarmywife

I genuinely like this product but it is my first dry shampoo so I might be a little biased lol. I think I enjoy the smell the best. I think you have to use the product properly to make it work. I am mixed race so i use this when I flat iron my hair. I make sure to shake the bottle well before I spray then I lift the top sections of my hair & spray little bursts on the underside vs spraying the hell out of the top of my head. I only spray the roots & then brush the product through my hair with a boar bristle brush to work it through properly. I have sprayed to much before & my hair was a mess. My hair is bright red & I have black roots & when I do it properly they is not hintsof white anywhere in my head. I love the smell of this product it smells like washed hair. I think as with any product you just have to know how to use it properly to acheive optimal results.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/25/2011 2:50:00 PM More reviews by hebenn01

Didn't do anything for my hair. Smelled okay...I did go through the entire bottle but will not repurchase. I enjoy "Beyond the zone's" rockstar dry shampoo over this. This can didn't despense enough, I had to spray and spray and my hair still looked greasy.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/24/2011 10:25:00 PM More reviews by jamieisjewish

After several attempts at using this product, I did not like it. It left a clay-like feeling to my hair and made it look unnaturally uniform. It was also hard to wash out afterwards. I wouldn't use it again.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/20/2011 11:05:00 PM More reviews by missmarsh

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Horrible product! I, too, wanted to like this inexpensive, easy-to-purchase product, but it does nothing to absorb the oil from my hair. Not only that, but it leaves a white/greenish film on my hair that feels icky and is hard to wash out.