TRESemme Fresh Start Dry Shampoo for Oily/Straight to Normal Hair

2.1

Hydrofluorocarbon 152a, Alcohol Denatured, Zea Mays Starch (Corn), Magnesium Stearate, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Benzyl Alcohol, PPG 3 Benzyl Ether Myristate, Fragrance (Parfum), Silica Dimethyl Silylate, PVP, Kaolin, Linalool, Limonene, Butylphenyl Methypropional, Amyl Cinnamal, Hexylcinnamal, Citronellol, Geraniol, Glycerin, Citrus Grandis Fruit Extract (Grapefruit), Citrus Tangerina Peel Extract (Tangerine)

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I have a love/hate relationship with this product.

The product does work sometimes.. as long as my hair is not too oily. I just don't like that if I spray too much in one area it looks chalky on my light brown hair.

This product just makes me want to wash my hair or wear a cap instead..

I think I won't repurchase again.. But I tried to love it.. it just does not work well for me.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Wow I have just skimmed through the reviews and I'm kind of surprised that they are so bad. I've tried several different brands of dry shampoo and this is by far the best-smelling and most effective brand I have used. It's probably not the best to try out if you're just starting to use dry shampoo. I started using dry shampoo about two years ago. At that time my hair would get really greasy and I'd have to wash it everyday. I started with Ojon's old dry shampoo spray that I'm surprised to find they no longer make (?). I would use it every other day. So on Monday let's say, I'd wash, use Ojon on Tuesday, wash Wednesday, Ojon Thursday, etc. It took me months to get used to this routine as my hair would sometimes still feel greasy and dirty even after I used the dry shampoo. Also I have dark hair so I had to sometimes really rub in the product so there weren't little white marks in my hair. I got tired of the price of the Ojon so I jumped around. I used Oscar Blandi, and I found that it didn't work as well as the Ojon, it would sometimes cake up. For a while I found a real winner with KMS Makeover Spray, but even that was around $16 a bottle. I was really happy when Tresemme came out with their own line of dry shampoo and I bought both the foam and the spray. I'm not a huge fan of the foam but I think now my hair is so used to dry shampoo that it's so much healthier and I need to keep up that dry shampoo routine. So I have become big on this spray. I only wash my hair twice a week now and it is no longer the greasy mess that I used to have to deal with everyday. I've had problems with the nozzle getting clogged before. What you do is just put the nozzle under some warm water and it fixes it. I do still get white marks in my hair but I either rub it in or brush it through and that problem is solved. Plus this stuff is really cheap which makes it even more desirable to me since I'm such a dry shampoo fiend. If you are just starting out with dry shampoo I'd recommend a spray not a powder or foam. If you can start out with the KMS Makeover Spray I'd go for that, it's great and smells yummy. But to me this Tresemme stuff smells like their shampoos which I love, too. If you're a regular user of dry shampoo like I am and not just starting out I don't see why you wouldn't like this stuff. But hey, that's just me.

on 7/27/2011 5:09:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I am really surprised to see all the negative reviews. i just bought this the other day so maybe the formula has changed. My hair doesnt really get that greasy, but the roots can get a little limp if i over condition and/or dont wash it for a few days. this gives it body and i can restyle no problem. I dont know really how it works if your hair gets really greasy, but for me it works great. It is not sticky at all and my hair still has movement. A lot of other dry shampoos sort of make me look like a helmet head - where all of my hair moves in one big piece. this does not. It just feels like my hair, but more refreshed.

on 7/26/2011 7:07:00 PM

This product is awful. I tried this and it left my hair sticky and didn't take care of the problem at all. I finally asked a friend for a new dry shampoo and she said Batiste. I adore it and it actually works unlike this stuff. It's just plain awful.

on 7/24/2011 5:27:00 PM

Just tried this product then tossed it in the trash. It's not even worth taking it back to the store to get my money back. My mom even said dry shampoo's haven't changed from when she was a kid. That was 40+ years a go. You would think the technology would have changed from the 70's. It was too expensive for the result I got. I love TRESemme products esspecially their 24 hour body mousse, but the dry shampoo need to lower its price or change its formula.

on 7/23/2011 10:12:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

I purchased the product (Dry Shampoo for Oily/Straight to Normal Hair) last weekend and have used it 2-3X so far. I was sad to hear all of the negative reviews. Luckily for me, this product works wonders.

Scent: I ♥ the scent. It smells a little like perfume (citrus mixed with something else). I will buy Batiste and do a comparison later on, but as I recall...I hated the scent of Batiste. I also bought the Suave dry shampoo (which I'm not a fan of due to its performance and horrendous lemony scent, but for $2ish, I'm sure I can put it to use).

Performance: My hair looks best when I don't wash it daily. However, towards the end of the 2nd day, it does look a little bit oily. What I like to do is put a little baby powder in my hair the night before. Then in the morning, I would spray the dry shampoo on my hair. My hair will look good for maybe another 6-8 hrs. When I get home from work, I'll use the dry shampoo again and it definitely got rid of most of the greasiness.

Price: approximately $4.50

Residue: As most dry shampoo users know, dry shampoos tend to leave a white powdery residue. I recommend you hold the spray about 10-12 inches away since it'll leave less of the white residue. And to be honest, I didn't notice much of a white powdery residue to begin with. It's also very easy to get rid of, just finger comb your hair and it'll be fine.

*I will update this review if anything changes in the future.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I hated this. Used it twice to make sure I wasn't wrong about it the first time. Made my hair look worse than what it did before I put it on there. It doesn't make it feel clean either makes it feel gross and yucky.

on 7/11/2011 10:03:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I cant believe I wasted 5 bucks on this! It left my hair sticky and greasier feeling than it started. Only good thing was the smell.

on 7/4/2011 5:20:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I was excited to try this, because most dry shampoos are so expensive, and I have always thought the Tresemme Heat Tamer Spray was a quality product, so perhaps this would be too. Wrong! Once you spray it on, it leaves white flakes and dust all over your scalp. It doesn't brush out properly, and it looks disgusting, like dandruff. I am going to try the John Frieda dry shampoo - I will never use this stuff again!

on 6/30/2011 3:17:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

This product is just the worst... seriously skip this at all cost! i had high hopes for this product because i usually love tresemme, but ugh totally waste of money. It left my hair greasier than when i started. its gunky and heavy feeling, and leaves a sort of ashy look to my dark brown hair.. simpily awful.

Video Reviews & Tutorials