TRESemme Fresh Start Dry Shampoo for Oily/Straight to Normal Hair

2.1

Hydrofluorocarbon 152a, Alcohol Denatured, Zea Mays Starch (Corn), Magnesium Stearate, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Benzyl Alcohol, PPG 3 Benzyl Ether Myristate, Fragrance (Parfum), Silica Dimethyl Silylate, PVP, Kaolin, Linalool, Limonene, Butylphenyl Methypropional, Amyl Cinnamal, Hexylcinnamal, Citronellol, Geraniol, Glycerin, Citrus Grandis Fruit Extract (Grapefruit), Citrus Tangerina Peel Extract (Tangerine)

on 7/26/2011 7:07:00 PM

This product is awful. I tried this and it left my hair sticky and didn't take care of the problem at all. I finally asked a friend for a new dry shampoo and she said Batiste. I adore it and it actually works unlike this stuff. It's just plain awful.

on 7/24/2011 5:27:00 PM

Just tried this product then tossed it in the trash. It's not even worth taking it back to the store to get my money back. My mom even said dry shampoo's haven't changed from when she was a kid. That was 40+ years a go. You would think the technology would have changed from the 70's. It was too expensive for the result I got. I love TRESemme products esspecially their 24 hour body mousse, but the dry shampoo need to lower its price or change its formula.

on 7/23/2011 10:12:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

I purchased the product (Dry Shampoo for Oily/Straight to Normal Hair) last weekend and have used it 2-3X so far. I was sad to hear all of the negative reviews. Luckily for me, this product works wonders.

Scent: I ♥ the scent. It smells a little like perfume (citrus mixed with something else). I will buy Batiste and do a comparison later on, but as I recall...I hated the scent of Batiste. I also bought the Suave dry shampoo (which I'm not a fan of due to its performance and horrendous lemony scent, but for $2ish, I'm sure I can put it to use).

Performance: My hair looks best when I don't wash it daily. However, towards the end of the 2nd day, it does look a little bit oily. What I like to do is put a little baby powder in my hair the night before. Then in the morning, I would spray the dry shampoo on my hair. My hair will look good for maybe another 6-8 hrs. When I get home from work, I'll use the dry shampoo again and it definitely got rid of most of the greasiness.

Price: approximately $4.50

Residue: As most dry shampoo users know, dry shampoos tend to leave a white powdery residue. I recommend you hold the spray about 10-12 inches away since it'll leave less of the white residue. And to be honest, I didn't notice much of a white powdery residue to begin with. It's also very easy to get rid of, just finger comb your hair and it'll be fine.

*I will update this review if anything changes in the future.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I hated this. Used it twice to make sure I wasn't wrong about it the first time. Made my hair look worse than what it did before I put it on there. It doesn't make it feel clean either makes it feel gross and yucky.

on 7/11/2011 10:03:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I cant believe I wasted 5 bucks on this! It left my hair sticky and greasier feeling than it started. Only good thing was the smell.

on 7/4/2011 5:20:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I was excited to try this, because most dry shampoos are so expensive, and I have always thought the Tresemme Heat Tamer Spray was a quality product, so perhaps this would be too. Wrong! Once you spray it on, it leaves white flakes and dust all over your scalp. It doesn't brush out properly, and it looks disgusting, like dandruff. I am going to try the John Frieda dry shampoo - I will never use this stuff again!

on 6/30/2011 3:17:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

This product is just the worst... seriously skip this at all cost! i had high hopes for this product because i usually love tresemme, but ugh totally waste of money. It left my hair greasier than when i started. its gunky and heavy feeling, and leaves a sort of ashy look to my dark brown hair.. simpily awful.

on 6/30/2011 2:36:00 AM

This stuff sucks. It was the first dry shampoo I'd ever tried, so I really thought it was working when I first bought it. However, after the stupid nozzle broke off, rendering over half of the product left in there completely useless, I came to realize that this stuff was worthless. The spray had a sort of "sticky" feeling to it, applied whitish gray to my hair, and seemed to disintegrate after an hour or so. At first it was "I can't believe I paid $4 for this!" thinking it was such a steal. Now, I can't believe I paid $4 for this. Such a waste. I tossed it. Thinking about it now makes me so mad, what a terrible product.

on 6/28/2011 2:17:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

After trying Suave dry shampoo, I thought I'd give this one a chance. Though the Tresemme dry shampoo seems to have much more product (the Suave seemed to run out really fast), it is essentially worthless to me. I have straight, oily hair- seemingly the perfect candidate for this product. However, even after managing to blend in all of the white residue, my hair does not look any cleaner, and definitely feels dirtier. I almost feel like this product would be more accurately marketed as a texturizer, but I probably wouldn't rate it much higher as that just due to its general nastiness. I would recommend either Suave or baby powder over this product (both are normally cheaper as well).

on 6/26/2011 5:59:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I can't believe how negative these reviews are! My hair is jetblack and I don't seem to have the same residue problem as the other reviewers. Hold the can about 10 inches away from your roots, and spray in quick spurts! Do NOT apply this in the same fashion as you use hairspray. It is a great texturizer for hair, not just roots, also. When I wear my hair in loose beachy waves I spray this throughout my hair and tease in random sections. Many reviewers said that their hairy felt "chalky" after using this product, but for me the chalkiness works because my hair is too silky to hold in even bobby pins. When I use this product, however, my hair has enough texture to be easily styled. Consider your hair texture and hairstyle before using this product! It works great for coarse hair, and I love the clean scent.

Video Reviews & Tutorials