TRESemme Fresh Start Dry Shampoo for Oily/Straight to Normal Hair

2.1

Hydrofluorocarbon 152a, Alcohol Denatured, Zea Mays Starch (Corn), Magnesium Stearate, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Benzyl Alcohol, PPG 3 Benzyl Ether Myristate, Fragrance (Parfum), Silica Dimethyl Silylate, PVP, Kaolin, Linalool, Limonene, Butylphenyl Methypropional, Amyl Cinnamal, Hexylcinnamal, Citronellol, Geraniol, Glycerin, Citrus Grandis Fruit Extract (Grapefruit), Citrus Tangerina Peel Extract (Tangerine)

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I hated this. Used it twice to make sure I wasn't wrong about it the first time. Made my hair look worse than what it did before I put it on there. It doesn't make it feel clean either makes it feel gross and yucky.

on 7/11/2011 10:03:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I cant believe I wasted 5 bucks on this! It left my hair sticky and greasier feeling than it started. Only good thing was the smell.

on 7/4/2011 5:20:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I was excited to try this, because most dry shampoos are so expensive, and I have always thought the Tresemme Heat Tamer Spray was a quality product, so perhaps this would be too. Wrong! Once you spray it on, it leaves white flakes and dust all over your scalp. It doesn't brush out properly, and it looks disgusting, like dandruff. I am going to try the John Frieda dry shampoo - I will never use this stuff again!

on 6/30/2011 3:17:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

This product is just the worst... seriously skip this at all cost! i had high hopes for this product because i usually love tresemme, but ugh totally waste of money. It left my hair greasier than when i started. its gunky and heavy feeling, and leaves a sort of ashy look to my dark brown hair.. simpily awful.

on 6/30/2011 2:36:00 AM

This stuff sucks. It was the first dry shampoo I'd ever tried, so I really thought it was working when I first bought it. However, after the stupid nozzle broke off, rendering over half of the product left in there completely useless, I came to realize that this stuff was worthless. The spray had a sort of "sticky" feeling to it, applied whitish gray to my hair, and seemed to disintegrate after an hour or so. At first it was "I can't believe I paid $4 for this!" thinking it was such a steal. Now, I can't believe I paid $4 for this. Such a waste. I tossed it. Thinking about it now makes me so mad, what a terrible product.

on 6/28/2011 2:17:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

After trying Suave dry shampoo, I thought I'd give this one a chance. Though the Tresemme dry shampoo seems to have much more product (the Suave seemed to run out really fast), it is essentially worthless to me. I have straight, oily hair- seemingly the perfect candidate for this product. However, even after managing to blend in all of the white residue, my hair does not look any cleaner, and definitely feels dirtier. I almost feel like this product would be more accurately marketed as a texturizer, but I probably wouldn't rate it much higher as that just due to its general nastiness. I would recommend either Suave or baby powder over this product (both are normally cheaper as well).

on 6/26/2011 5:59:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I can't believe how negative these reviews are! My hair is jetblack and I don't seem to have the same residue problem as the other reviewers. Hold the can about 10 inches away from your roots, and spray in quick spurts! Do NOT apply this in the same fashion as you use hairspray. It is a great texturizer for hair, not just roots, also. When I wear my hair in loose beachy waves I spray this throughout my hair and tease in random sections. Many reviewers said that their hairy felt "chalky" after using this product, but for me the chalkiness works because my hair is too silky to hold in even bobby pins. When I use this product, however, my hair has enough texture to be easily styled. Consider your hair texture and hairstyle before using this product! It works great for coarse hair, and I love the clean scent.

on 6/26/2011 3:35:00 AM

I'm satisfied with this dry shampoo.. Whenever I don't wash my hair I use this stuff Togo the day with then shower completlyyyyyy .. But in the beginning I found thus is leave my hair sortta rough but you have to learn how to manage and control your hair as much as the dry shampoo. It actually works good :)

on 6/23/2011 10:33:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

This is absolutely the worst dry shampoo on the market. 'Nuff said.

I was actually surprised by how low the ratings are for this product! It leaves my hair smelling clean and takes away any shine, and also acts as a root lifter.Totally worked for me, and its not even targeted toward my hair type!
All I have to say is you have to follow the directions on the can to a T. You have to shake it vigorously for atleast 15 minutes before spraying, and make sure to spray atleast 10 inches from your head or else you'll get a grey "dusting". Make sure to let it sit 1-2 minutes (as directed!) before thoroughly brushing it out.
So, a great product, you just need to actually follow the directions.

Video Reviews & Tutorials