Revlon Colorburst - Soft Nude 070 [DISCONTINUED]

3.8

on 7/30/2010 4:51:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

If you like MAC Myth (or wanted to but found it too chalky/opaque) you may want to give this one a try. They look very similar in the tube but the Revlon Soft Nude is slightly darker and sheerer and less white than MAC Myth. The base shade though is very similar. My favorite way to apply (either one) is to first make sure your lips are smooth and then apply a balm first. My favorite is RoC Enydrial. Then apply your lipstick. Having the balm on first not only ensures more moisture, but makes the lipstick apply more sheerly for a glossier look and it makes nudes and pales more forgiving and easier to wear. I'm not usually a Revlon fan and I've actually avoided Revlon lipsticks for years because of the scent but this one doesn't have one. Bonus! Now I'm just waiting for a sale so I can stock up on these. Thanks Revlon for the pleasant surprise.

on 7/30/2010 3:46:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

Absolutely LOVE this color! It looks perfect on my NC30 skin! I'm a little tanned over the summer, but this product doesn't make me look funny/deathly at all! It has a hint of coral in it, which is perfect :) I'm glad I got 2 of these :D

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

My new love. As a complete nude, not the best. As a pale pink with a hint of flesh, AMAZING. It's more of a cloudy pink, but it really doesn't disappoint either way. The only reason why I rated one lippy off, is because I cannot apply by swiping it on like all other lipsticks. The only way it will go on cleanly is by dabbing it one. Before applying you really need to take a soft-bristled tooth brush and brush your lips in a circular motion to take off any impurities that will show up with the lip color. I pare this with a lip shine by Artistry in Celestine, and amazingly they are the perfect match.

on 7/22/2010 9:34:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Great nude color on me. I top it off with a clear lip gloss. Very pretty soft pink. For reference I'm NC45
UPDATE: ehh I don't really use this color. Not as hot as I thought. I found a better pink from the queen collection (penelope pink)

on 7/22/2010 1:01:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

The search continues for the perfect nude lipstick! Soft nude is a beautiful color, however the Colorburst line is a bit drying on my lips, and ends up cakey after a couple of hours.

on 7/19/2010 10:54:00 AM

This product HAS to be my favorite nude lipstick pretty much of all time.

Overall it's pretty matte but has a sheen to it, so I guess you could call it maybe like a glaze finish. It's also been compared to the MAC cremesheen finish. :)

I'm a huge lover of nude lips but they can't be too nude and they can't wash me out. This is absolutely flawless at delivering the best nude ever. It's moisturizing, goes on smooth. It also is a teeny (really teeny) bit drying but it's not to the point where you wanna wipe the lipstick off. I also like the shape of the overall lipstick. Someone reminds me of Lancome lipsticks with the pointed more square tip so it works for all lip shapes.

Overall I think the packaging is cute, very simple nothing extravagant. The price is also pretty decent. I've seen it ranged from around 7-MAYBE 10 dollars but if you're lucking you can maybe get them on sale. I also appreciate the fact it's not tested on animals.

THE ONLY THING I don't like is that there aren't very many colors. If the range was a little smaller than the Super Lustrous lipsticks, then maybe I'd be more interested. Some of the shades are also deep colors. Reds, peaches, coral, and dark mauves. I wish they had more pinks, pinky nudes, or maybe some more nudes that were peachier based.

All in all, I think these lipsticks as a whole are ABSOLUTELY amazing and I would rebuy more of them definitely.

on 7/19/2010 12:56:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I can't believe I ever swore by MAC Myth as a go to nude lipstick. I obviously had no idea what I was missing out on until I found Soft Nude. Highly praised on the MUA boards, Soft Nude is a nude lipstick of epic status. Pigmented, smooth, creamy, but not matte or glossy, it is perfection in every sense of the word. I only wish I wore a smokey eye more often so that way I would be able to wear this baby more. Beautiful stuff. Revlon is really onto something with the Colorburst line. All of the lipsticks I have tried from this line have been standalone amazing.

on 7/16/2010 1:04:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

First of all, the packaging is cute, as for the product itself, it's a great nude lipstick! It goes on creamy but has a nice matte finish. I always wear this lipstick with a nice light pinky lip gloss!

on 7/15/2010 10:12:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

My HG nude lipstick. Love the packaging - it's a super cute matte case with a diamond pattern on the sides. I was afraid this was going to lean kind of orange-y after swatching it on my hand, but it's the perfect light brown-y coral colour that I've been looking for. This is a little bit lighter than my lip's natural pigmentation so it is very wearable and natural. The formula is a bit drying, so make sure to have moisturized lips before applying this or it will highlight any cracks and lines. This is the perfect shade for me (NC 25/30 with brown eyes and hair). Will surely buy again.

I really like the color, I have been looking for a nude like this for a while, and it is a cute container.
I find it goes on a little cakey. And it doesnt have much staying power, but most lipsticks dont. Its not bad, I like it.

Popular Lipsticks