October 22, 2014 | 1997 users online

Loose Powders - E.L.F. - Studio High Definition Powder

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2012 1:43:00 AM More reviews by kaayrod

This is amazing! Can work as primer or finishing powder. I love it won't leave you looking like a clown, just perfects your skin when its on its own. Amazing for only $3.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/17/2012 1:55:00 AM More reviews by Kali89

Wonderful product for the price, but it gets everywhere when I try to use it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2012 8:50:00 AM More reviews by Tallywa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

i find this to be just as good as the mufe one. i can use this before and after my foundation/concealer but usually i just use it after because i use a primer before, i also use this to dust over my eyelids after whatever look i do to help it stay in place and not smudge off on my oily eyelids.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/6/2012 3:08:00 PM More reviews by royalgalliano

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I wish I could love this product like everybody else. I use Everyday Minerals in a Semi-Matte base and it just did not work with the HD powder. I tried it twice once with a powder brush and once with the little pad it comes with. Both times when I put this on my nose it made the Everyday Minerals dissipate and also made my pores look big. I must say that it did keep me from going shiny so maybe I will continue using this on my forehead, but definitely not putting this on my nose. I dont think it made me look airbrushed or minimized my pores. I think its something in the EM base that does not go well with the HD powder so since its pretty cheap I think people should try this since a majority loved it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2012 8:27:00 AM More reviews by Siringo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I ADORE this stuff. My skin always starts out dry, but after a while, it is gleaming with oil. This stuff makes my face incredibly soft, and it gives the appearance of naturally flawless skin. I usually apply it once or twice a day, but I've had it for a year already, and I'm not even close to running out.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2012 4:39:00 PM More reviews by ahuang300

I love this powder! It is extremely finely milled and does not settle into any fine lines or pores on my face. I use it to set my undereye concealer because other powders tend to make my undereye area look cakey. It is very affordable ($6 at Target) for the amount of product that you get. However, the packaging is so annoying. Everytime I use it I get white powder everywhere. The box is not the matte black color it once was and it just looks dirty.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/28/2012 2:06:00 PM More reviews by duncan123

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

So I was on vacation and discovered that I'd forgotten the loose powder (Palladio Rice Powder) that I use to set my makeup in the a.m. I went to Target, checked out the MUA app on my phone and saw that this ELF Studio High Definition Powder had like an 82% rating, which is pretty good on here. It was $6.00, which would normally make me toss it aside because of the price, but I took a chance since I knew I was on vacation for a week and wouldn't have to use it that long if I didn't like it. The shade I bought was 'Sheer" and frankly, I think that might be the only shade there is...it was the only one there and after reading some other reviews, I think that's it. The powder is pure white which can be scary, but it all turned out fine. First of all, the bad....this stuff is messy. The powder seems to filter out of the edges of the sifter and if you're not careful, you'll have it everywhere. This is the one and only reason I gave it a 4 rating. I give it a little upward shake when it's closed and then carefully open it and brush a Kabuki brush in the lid to get most of what I need. This powder is extremely fine milled which is fantastic. A little bit goes a long way. I brush it over my whole face, over my foundation and before applying blush. It leaves a very matte, soft look. My face was a little pale afterward, but it soon settles and becomes an invisible block against oil with no pale or white caste. The thing that really sold me on this was that my skin felt like velvet and did not seem oily at all even after 5 hours of wear. I touch up around lunchtime and I was surprised that my skin wasn't more oily like it usually is by that time. I live in Texas and the temp is like 100 in the shade when I'm outside and I'm running around at work inside. Others have mentioned the ingredients and they're not much different than any other loose powder so I'm at a loss as to what is different than others I've tried! If you look at reviews online from other than MUA, you will see that others sing the praises of this stuff, especially makeup artists. I haven't been photographed in it, but rarely am the subject of photo's if I can help it, LOL. So, bottom line is that this was a very nice surprise!...it's inexpensive and it works! What a concept, LOL. If you can get past the mess (practice makes this less of an issue), then you're good. For the price, it's definately worth a try. If you don't like it, it can be returned (CVS, Walgreens and Walmart all take returns of opened cosmetics). :)

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2012 7:15:00 PM More reviews by Donnz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Amazing rating but this powder is not living up to its hype for my skin. I have incredibly dry yet shiny, redness prone, sensitive skin. This powder only had two pros and many cons for me.

Pros: cheap and helps blur fine lines around the eyes temporarily.

Cons: Bulky packaging and yes I did only punch out a few holes with a needle - stuff still goes everywhere. My skin itches with this on it for a good few hours. It doesn't remove shine for me, looks good in daylight but shine city in flash photography. My skin feels tighter but not in a good way. Despite only using a small amount and buffing and blending until the cows came home, I still got a slight ghost look in flash photos.

I will only use this to set my eye concealer so this product should last me til the end of my days and no I will most certainly not be repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2012 4:19:00 PM More reviews by MrzVentura

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Just got this today because I felt like I wanted to start just using a tinted moisturizer instead of heavy foundation for my work week ( I work in a small office where I am usually the only one here) I decided to give this a try for a light powder and am I glad I did! Right after applying it my face looked smooth and even. My only regret is that I did not try this sooner. Love it.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/23/2012 11:10:00 AM More reviews by Ztte3699

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

It's summer and its hot. My skin, like a good amount of the ladies here, decides to pump out the oil like there's no tomorrow, leaving me with an oil slick for a face :I
I usually relied on my Maybelline Mineral Power translucent veil to set my foundation or mattify my face but i was running out. So I figured I could try something new and since the reviews for this powder were pretty good, why not?

The packaging is a square, matte plastic box with the elf logo on the lid. Inside, the powder is white and fluffy, and it looks like there's a lot of product. The main ingredient seems to be silica spheres, followed by fillers and what seems to be dimethicone.

OH also, i read that powder seems to get out through the lip between the sifter and the box. I just superglued it to avoid that and it seems to work just fine at keeping the powder in check. :)

Hmmmmm. interesting.

I gave it a test run with fit Me! foundation which is notorious for transferring (at least for me it is hehe) Using the puff in a rolling, rocking motion on my skin to press it into the foundation, I then took a flat top kabuki to wipe off the excess and work it into the skin a bit. The results were pretty great, seeing that my face looked velvety and even-toned. I did notice at first it looked a *bit* ashy and one-dimensional, but a few minutes later, it seemed to absorb some oil and settle into my face a little better, which made it look absolutely beautiful, almost porcelain-esque.

After about 6 hours, my face was starting to get oily which for me is a pretty long time between touch ups, and even then it was only a small amount of grease to blot up. So far so good.