Hard Candy Sheer Envy Primer

3.6

Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Silica Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicon Crosspolymer, Dimethiconol, 1,2-Hexanediol, Caprylyl Glycol, Mica, Titanium Dioxide,dkl

on 3/11/2011 11:41:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Although I'm not very "big" on silicone primers - or primers in general for that matter.. I actually do enjoy using this one. I tried ELF's Mineral Primer maybe a month or so ago and although they are very similar, I prefer Hard Candy Sheer Envy. I think it has something to do with the texture. Hard Candy's primer is a little more lightweight and has less of a thick "silicone" feel to it. I really like the way it makes my skin feel velvety soft and creates a great, even canvas for my foundation. What I especially noticed is when using my Cinema Secrets (cream/cake) foundation, this primer really allowed me to use less product - as it helped the product move around my face better. I also think the end result of my foundation looked much better and even. I will make sure to use this primer on days where I'll be wearing Cinema Secrets. As for my liquid foundations, I was again able to use less product & my outcome would be a very good, even foundation application. I didn't notice though, that it pro-longed the wear of my foundation, kept shine away or camouflaged my pores like other silicone primers may do. I find it a little difficult to rate primers on their performance because I change my products all of the time (moisturizers, foundations, etc) Otherwise, I'd probably be able to rate it better. But I do overall like this product and will continue using it for certain foundations. I also think it would work fabulous with powder foundation. So, if you like silicone primers, this is a great one to look into. :)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I was completely amazed with this product. I have used dozens of primers, and this one is my go-to. The texture seems a little strange and dry at first, but once you smooth it on, your skin is incredibly soft and holds your foundation and powder for most of the day. The quality and value for the price are awesome. They also just started making this in two other formulas (illuminating & perfecting, I believe) which I have also tried but not enough times to review yet.

on 3/10/2011 12:10:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I wanted to love this. But ehhh...it does make my foundation glide on more smoothly and look nicer, and i think it MIGHT be extending the wear of my foundation, but the main reason I'm disappointed is that it has ZERO oil control...it made my foundation oxidize. That's a shame. I guess this means I should stay away from silicones. I'm still testing it out but I think this might be going back to the store, unfortunately.

UPDATE: This works like a charm with Milk of Magnesia -- the defender of the oilies!

on 3/8/2011 4:00:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Amazing primer!!!! I love how it leaves my face silky, but sometimes I feel like I never let it dry enough. The packet doesn't even tell you how long to let your face dry after you've put it on so that you can start applying your foundation. A lil tip I found on an online blog; take a sponge wedge and apply the primer with it. It's less messy than using your fingers; works for me.
Other than that I love it! =)

Updated: 9/7/12
This is the perfect type of concealer if you have acne scars that are still healing; this covers it up perfectly! I just use my old foundation brush to apply it on my face. Only thing I don't do is use it as eye concealer; it's too heavy for eyes and it makes any lines stand out.

on 3/6/2011 8:30:00 AM

I really like this inexpensive primer. It makes my skin feel soft and looker smoother. Very little quantity is required and all the tinted moisturizers and liquid foundations I have in my collection glide on effortlessly. I do notice that it extends the wear of my make-up versus not wearing a primer. Even after a few months of use I have had no concerns with clogged pores or sensitivities by adding this primer to my make-up regime.

on 3/1/2011 9:53:00 PM

This is the only primer I've ever used so I can't give a comparison review but I really do like it. The price is good and it doesn't come off as greasy (a little goes a long way). Makeup looks great and stays put.
The only thing about it that I find suspect is that sometimes I seem to get red when I use it. I'm not sure if it's the product or something else I'm wearing.

i love the bottle, texture and look. i highly recommend!

this is yuck! It feels oily and werid very silicone feeling kinda like the smashbox one, I used it for like 2 weeks and I couldn't stand it anymore no matter what combo of foundation and powder i used i still had that slick booger face feeling hrs later ick never again

on 2/23/2011 8:16:00 PM

For as cheap as this product is, I really didn't expect to love it. I have tried several other primers and they all tend to make me break out. This one never did.

I believe I bought it for around $5 at Walmart, and I wish I would have bought more! This product actual works on me and I would recommend it to anyone who needs a good primer
!

on 2/21/2011 11:13:00 PM

This product is very good. It makes your skin very soft and goes on smoothly. It's great using with just based powder foundation or liquid foundation. It's also good for acne proun skin like I have, because it doesn't break you out. I'd highly recommend it.

Video Reviews & Tutorials