Hard Candy Sheer Envy Primer

3.7

Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Silica Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicon Crosspolymer, Dimethiconol, 1,2-Hexanediol, Caprylyl Glycol, Mica, Titanium Dioxide,dkl

on 3/16/2011 11:05:00 AM

PROS: The Sheer Envy Primer is cheep ... right. It also comes in an awesome bottle that I wish more primers would have. The flip cap is a life saver for us blind/clumsy makeup fiends.
CONS:The primer is oily and has a consistency and look of a YI or curdled milk. When applied to the face it does feel oily until it is worked into the skin but because of the consistency I feel like I have to use a lot (my skin is dry so it isn't feeling so bad to have oil). Also, I always apply the primer and then do my eye primer/makeup and then go back for the foundation, which I think helps the drying process if your really wanting to continue with this product.
BOTTOM LINE: This does not help my makeup. I bought this because of a YT guru's rave review but I think its worth the money to pay the extra five to upgrade to another DS primer. I kept the cap though because it fits the Maybelline

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

OMG. I really hated this crap. It was gross and oily and as far as priming went, it was a fail. I returned it as soon as I could.

on 3/13/2011 7:36:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I bought this after hearing good things from a fellow make-up enthusiast and bought it to try out. I have tried other make-up primer and I find this product comparable to the Napoleon perdis, auto pilot, which I bought for $40, compared to the $8 I paid for this product.

I find that it has a nice smooth feeling when you apply it to your skin, and it does what it is meant to do, be a make-up primer. I found that my make-up went on smoother than it does without the primer. It doesn't have any weird fragrance that I can tell which is a major plus in my mind because I hate those flowery smells you can get with make-up and end up smelling like your grandma.

I don't like the texture of this product though, it is kinda funny and constantly falls of my fingers when I'm going to apply it, so I can't wear the clothes I'm going to wear that day or else they will be stained.

Overall for the price, I can forgive the minor flaw I have found with this product and I will continue to buy it instead of the more expensive primer that I had originally invested in.

on 3/13/2011 7:24:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I have never used a primer before so I came to this site to find a good one to start with. So far so good with this product. Its very soft and smooth going on. You only need a little bit, which i learned from reading other reviews on here.

on 3/12/2011 11:09:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

OVERALL: The smell of this product is quite nice. The texture doesn't feel as thick as other primers and when I first felt it glide between my fingers I thought this might be a HG.... but It didn't turn out that way. I used this product for about a week and I'm sorry to say but my makeup still "melted" by the end of my work shift... and to be honest If anything "melted" quicker.

PRICE: Around 10 for my area.

PACKAGING: Would have preferred pump.

Not a rebuy.

ALSO. Primers may cause acne. Be warned.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I was kind of expecting a miracle in a bottle after reading the reviews and I hesitated to buy it for a long time because although my face is clear from using my BP everyday I am still afraid to try new things on my face..i usually just dab concealer under my eyes and that is it to brighten things up. Anywho, I wore this about twice, and it did make my skin smoother and minimize my pores (not fully but quite well) and i broke out with two zits on my forehead a week later. It had to be this stuff as this was the only new product I was trying and like I said since using the BP i never get zits so.. for that reason I will not be using nor buying again.

on 3/11/2011 11:41:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Although I'm not very "big" on silicone primers - or primers in general for that matter.. I actually do enjoy using this one. I tried ELF's Mineral Primer maybe a month or so ago and although they are very similar, I prefer Hard Candy Sheer Envy. I think it has something to do with the texture. Hard Candy's primer is a little more lightweight and has less of a thick "silicone" feel to it. I really like the way it makes my skin feel velvety soft and creates a great, even canvas for my foundation. What I especially noticed is when using my Cinema Secrets (cream/cake) foundation, this primer really allowed me to use less product - as it helped the product move around my face better. I also think the end result of my foundation looked much better and even. I will make sure to use this primer on days where I'll be wearing Cinema Secrets. As for my liquid foundations, I was again able to use less product & my outcome would be a very good, even foundation application. I didn't notice though, that it pro-longed the wear of my foundation, kept shine away or camouflaged my pores like other silicone primers may do. I find it a little difficult to rate primers on their performance because I change my products all of the time (moisturizers, foundations, etc) Otherwise, I'd probably be able to rate it better. But I do overall like this product and will continue using it for certain foundations. I also think it would work fabulous with powder foundation. So, if you like silicone primers, this is a great one to look into. :)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I was completely amazed with this product. I have used dozens of primers, and this one is my go-to. The texture seems a little strange and dry at first, but once you smooth it on, your skin is incredibly soft and holds your foundation and powder for most of the day. The quality and value for the price are awesome. They also just started making this in two other formulas (illuminating & perfecting, I believe) which I have also tried but not enough times to review yet.

on 3/10/2011 12:10:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I wanted to love this. But ehhh...it does make my foundation glide on more smoothly and look nicer, and i think it MIGHT be extending the wear of my foundation, but the main reason I'm disappointed is that it has ZERO oil control...it made my foundation oxidize. That's a shame. I guess this means I should stay away from silicones. I'm still testing it out but I think this might be going back to the store, unfortunately.

UPDATE: This works like a charm with Milk of Magnesia -- the defender of the oilies!

on 3/8/2011 4:00:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Amazing primer!!!! I love how it leaves my face silky, but sometimes I feel like I never let it dry enough. The packet doesn't even tell you how long to let your face dry after you've put it on so that you can start applying your foundation. A lil tip I found on an online blog; take a sponge wedge and apply the primer with it. It's less messy than using your fingers; works for me.
Other than that I love it! =)

Updated: 9/7/12
This is the perfect type of concealer if you have acne scars that are still healing; this covers it up perfectly! I just use my old foundation brush to apply it on my face. Only thing I don't do is use it as eye concealer; it's too heavy for eyes and it makes any lines stand out.

Popular Primer/ Correctors