Hard Candy Sheer Envy Primer

3.7

Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Silica Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicon Crosspolymer, Dimethiconol, 1,2-Hexanediol, Caprylyl Glycol, Mica, Titanium Dioxide,dkl

So this is the very first face primer I've tried and I absolutely love it! I've never bothered with primers in the past as I chalked them up to be an extra unnecessary step in my routine. I ended up trying this out because I had purchased the Hard Candy First Flush kit and this was one of the items included. I have combination skin and tend to get a little oily in my t-zone area. This primer keeps my face matte and makeup looking fresh all day. I used it the morning of St. Patricks Day and didn't wash my face until late that night. My makeup still looked great after 12 hrs. and I hadn't touched up all day. I'll surely keep repurchasing this and won't even bother trying a high end primer.

I didn't have high hopes for this primer, as most silicone-based primers either clog my pores or fail at controlling any shine/oil on my t-zone. This not only worked extremely well with oil control, but it really did make my skin appear smooth and flawless. It filled in my fine lines, and allowed my foundation to glide on easily.

My gripe is with the formula. It is quite different, a bit chunky and greasy in appearance. I have to shake the tube prior to squeezing any product out, as it tends to seperate overnight. It feels slightly oily upon inital application, but dries quickly to a matte finish. I find this to be a great drugstore primer and would recommend this over L'oreal, Revlon, Maybelline and Rimmel.

I love the price and would not hesitate to purchase this again.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I've very impressed with this product. I have combination skin, so not only do I have dry patches, but I also have excess oil throughout the day. This primer not only evens out my dry patches, but prevents my makeup from rubbing off as my skin gets more oily.

The package is also very attractive. When the product is applied, it makes my skin feel very smooth (although it doesn't look much different)
The smoothness allows the makeup to glide on more easily, and the primer does not add a shiny or greasy look to my foundation.

Pros:

Makes foundation last longer

Evens out skin dry patches

Makes skin feel smooth

Doesn't have an annoying odour

Fairly large bottle to price ratio

Cons:

Applying too much can make your makeup look cakey

Package does not say how long you should let the primer set (to dry) before applying makeup - applying it before the primer is dry will leave your makeup either looking cakey or streaky

Product is slightly pricey, even though you get a decent amount of primer.

Would recommend this to anyone, and will definitely buy again.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

First off, this primer is the very first primer that gives me that longer lasting foundation effect. I have tried Lancome, a few of the Smashbox, Benefit, and none of them make my Dior Nude last longer than 3 hours. This keeps my foundation on for 8 hours at least. The only downside is I feel Smashbox does a better job in even out my pores and the consistency, it has this watery runny texture after awhile. Other than that it's a great primer for the price. I'm on the second tube and would definitely buy this again.

PROS: The Sheer Envy Primer is cheep ... right. It also comes in an awesome bottle that I wish more primers would have. The flip cap is a life saver for us blind/clumsy makeup fiends.
CONS:The primer is oily and has a consistency and look of a YI or curdled milk. When applied to the face it does feel oily until it is worked into the skin but because of the consistency I feel like I have to use a lot (my skin is dry so it isn't feeling so bad to have oil). Also, I always apply the primer and then do my eye primer/makeup and then go back for the foundation, which I think helps the drying process if your really wanting to continue with this product.
BOTTOM LINE: This does not help my makeup. I bought this because of a YT guru's rave review but I think its worth the money to pay the extra five to upgrade to another DS primer. I kept the cap though because it fits the Maybelline

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

OMG. I really hated this crap. It was gross and oily and as far as priming went, it was a fail. I returned it as soon as I could.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I bought this after hearing good things from a fellow make-up enthusiast and bought it to try out. I have tried other make-up primer and I find this product comparable to the Napoleon perdis, auto pilot, which I bought for $40, compared to the $8 I paid for this product.

I find that it has a nice smooth feeling when you apply it to your skin, and it does what it is meant to do, be a make-up primer. I found that my make-up went on smoother than it does without the primer. It doesn't have any weird fragrance that I can tell which is a major plus in my mind because I hate those flowery smells you can get with make-up and end up smelling like your grandma.

I don't like the texture of this product though, it is kinda funny and constantly falls of my fingers when I'm going to apply it, so I can't wear the clothes I'm going to wear that day or else they will be stained.

Overall for the price, I can forgive the minor flaw I have found with this product and I will continue to buy it instead of the more expensive primer that I had originally invested in.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I have never used a primer before so I came to this site to find a good one to start with. So far so good with this product. Its very soft and smooth going on. You only need a little bit, which i learned from reading other reviews on here.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

OVERALL: The smell of this product is quite nice. The texture doesn't feel as thick as other primers and when I first felt it glide between my fingers I thought this might be a HG.... but It didn't turn out that way. I used this product for about a week and I'm sorry to say but my makeup still "melted" by the end of my work shift... and to be honest If anything "melted" quicker.

PRICE: Around 10 for my area.

PACKAGING: Would have preferred pump.

Not a rebuy.

ALSO. Primers may cause acne. Be warned.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I was kind of expecting a miracle in a bottle after reading the reviews and I hesitated to buy it for a long time because although my face is clear from using my BP everyday I am still afraid to try new things on my face..i usually just dab concealer under my eyes and that is it to brighten things up. Anywho, I wore this about twice, and it did make my skin smoother and minimize my pores (not fully but quite well) and i broke out with two zits on my forehead a week later. It had to be this stuff as this was the only new product I was trying and like I said since using the BP i never get zits so.. for that reason I will not be using nor buying again.

Popular Primer/ Correctors