April 23, 2014 | 1945 users online

Moisturizers - Cetaphil - Moisturizing Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2012 4:50:00 PM More reviews by sagayeva

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

SIMPLY THE BEST! I can never say enough good things about this product. I used it heavily during my Accutane course. Accutane obliterated my blemishes, but it left my skin feeling tight and painful. I developed severe redness and dryness around my mouth (skin is very thin there). I recall cryIng because of how much my face hurt. This cream is perfect. I use it when my skin is extra dry. I also use it as a cleanser to remove stubborn face and eye makeup. I will always go back to this product!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/29/2012 4:06:00 PM More reviews by iMirna

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this due to great reviews.My skin is dry, I get a few pimples not too many.My skin was super dry so I gave this a try.It was great,helped my dry skin etc.But then after a week of using it or less.I got a huge huge breakout, pimples, whiteheads,many bumps, it is horrible.I'm on the look out for something to clear it,it's been a week and those pimples didn't really reduce from their size.It used to be great but not anymore ever will I put this on my face.You get alot in the jar ,I guess that's good but I paid : 23$(Canada) + tax.
I would not recommand this if u have acne, or oily, skin either.
Since it has a greasy feel to it.
This thing ruined my face, be extra careful.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/29/2012 3:31:00 AM More reviews by DFcanada

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

GREAT MOUSTERIZER!
Goes under makeup really well. Skin feels amazing after use. Gets rid of dry patches over night. Last a long time. Good for oiley skin, fragrance free and non comedigenic, so it doesnt clog pores. Highly reccomend.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2012 11:25:00 PM More reviews by bionicbigjames

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is wonderful moisturizing cream! Actually, it's the best moisturizer I have found to date and trust me, I have shelled out lots of bucks in search for the perfect moisturizer. I won't say it's necessarily perfect, but it's great stuff, that's for sure! I can't believe that after searching all this time, it was right under my nose at the local drugstore. It is extremely moisturizing, but at the same time, I haven't had any breakouts. Normally, those two never go hand in hand, in my case. It is a tad greasy after applying it, but it soaks up within about 5 to 10 minutes. Some may find this to be a bit of an issue, but it doesn't bother me one bit. I also think this stuff works great as body cream and I often use it on my legs, arms and chest. The container it comes in isn't very sanitary, but with a cream this heavy, I'm not quite sure how else it can be packaged. I paid around $16 at CVS Pharmacy. It seems like a lot, but in theory, it really isn't, since you get A LOT and it lasts a long time. I definitely would recommend it, especially to those with dry skin that is still prone to breakouts.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2012 6:07:00 PM More reviews by pekemeso

Just awesome body cream I ever use.I have really dry skin especially feet. Even I put body lotion after shower, my legs became still itchy after I woke up morning. This cream will moist longer than other lotion or cream. Non-fragrance,not sticky,dry fast,but it gives me moisture!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2012 11:17:00 AM More reviews by liseyloo

HG, people! Listen to your dermatologists! This is amazing for everyone with dry or sensitive skin, especially those of you with eczema or those who are on Roaccutane/Accutane or other harsh acne medications. I started using Cetaphil at around 15, I was DESPERATE for something that wouldn't aggravate my poor, eczema-ridden face. I had such irritated eyelids that the skin actually cracked and bled, and I also had terrible acne. I started taking Roaccutane (a "last resort" acne medication) and feared my skin would worsen. However, Cetaphil saved me. I buy the big-ass tub of this each year, it seems to last one year exactly for me.
PROS:
- GREAT as a foundation primer, provides lots of slip to apply liquid foundation.
- thick, creamy texture (for me this is a pro as I love to slather it on before bed and let it sink in!)
- fragrance free! I honestly don't understand why anyone would voluntarily use a product containing fragrance. Those ingredients are not meant for the delicate skin on your face!
- last and most importantly, this product is very affordable for the quantity and quality.

CONS:
- The only one I can think of is try not to apply this to areas where you may have excess oil (nose, eyelids) as it may make you oilier.

I owe my life to Cetaphil, seriously... I will continue to endorse their products to no end even though I'm in no way affiliated because I'm just so THANKFUL!

Cetaphil is cheap and effective, so what are you waiting for? Give it a shot, and thank me later. ;)

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2012 11:04:00 AM More reviews by productmomma

I am actually using this as a cleanser! So recently my skin has had multiple personalities. In general I have a VERY oily t-zone with dry cheeks. This story begins with my hair- stay with me on this one- Over the past few months I noticed that I was losing a lot of hair in the shower and getting tender bumps around my hairline (it's always something!) By chance a friend of mine who works at whole foods sent me a bunch of samples of an organic shampoo and conditioner. I started using them and on the 1st day noticed I only lost about 3 or 4 hairs in the shower (vs. the 20 I had been counting on the shower wall) I kept using it and still SO much less shedding. In addition the bumps around my hairline totally went away- I am thinking that maybe I have developed a sulfate sensitivity? So now to my skin. Even the gentlest foaming cleansers were leaving my skin clean, but very dry and tight with little fluid filled pustules popping up around my mouth and under my nose- so annoying- My nose and forehead would react by kicking out a gallon of oil to counteract the drying effect. The cleanser that irritated me the least was Simple, but I was still having issues. I tried so many (Neutrogena for sensitive, Aveeno cream cleanser, Cetaphil, apple cider vinegar w/water, cleansing with just water, cleansing with extra virgin olive oil, etc) Still the same problem. One night I was dreading cleansing my face because I knew the cyle that awaited me. I was looking at my graveyard of products and labels, and tried a blob of my Cetaphil cream on my Clarisonic Mia, and WOW! My skin was so soft. No redness, no dryness or reactive over-oilness, no bumps, took off all of my makeup- I keep touching my cheeks and checking in the mirror- I am thinking that maybe i have a sulfate sensirivity on my face as well as my hair? Whatever the culprit has been, I will definitely keep using this as a cleanser- My only complaint is that it is in a big jar which makes me cringe at the possible germ factor.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/13/2012 2:26:00 AM More reviews by jkyungie

Excited by the good reviews from MUA, I decided to try this because I ran out of the other Cetaphil moisturizer I was using (the daily SPF 15 one).

My skin is very acne prone and within 2 days of using this, I developed multiple little pimples on my face. I hoped that this cream wasn't responsible for them and tried putting a lesser amount of it on but that didn't work either.

I'm still giving this a 3 because it works really well for my hands, arms, legs, areas other than my face. It's very moisturizing. I'm going to have to kick down another star for the unsanitary jar/packaging, though.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2012 2:55:00 AM More reviews by amayorange

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the only cream that helped my dry skin! I had a problem with dry skin for six months until I grabbed my brother's Cetaphil Cream. Three days later my skin was supple without breakouts. The packing for the jar is is a little unhygenic, but that can be solved by using a q tip to scoop out the project.
A little goes a long way as well!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/4/2012 11:23:00 PM More reviews by ivankaranka

I bought this TUB of cream over a year ago and i'm not even halfway done. I have dry/oily skin and breakout only during aunt flow's visit. Before this moisturizer I tried so many but none seemed to work. This cream is perfect, at first it may seem like its too much but over time you get used to it. it makes my skin super soft which no dry patches at all, anyone whose skin dries over winter should definitely use this cream. A little goes a loooooooong way!