Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream

4.2

Water, Petrolatum, Glyceryl Polymethacrylate, Dicaprylyl Ether, Glycerin, Dimethicone, Glyceryl Stearate, Cetyl Alcohol, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, PEG-30 Glyceryl Stearate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Benzyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Hydroxide, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Dimethiconol, Disodium EDTA, Propylene Glycol.

on 11/14/2012 6:49:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is the best product for dry skin! I LOVE this cream. Cetaphil products were formulated by dermatologists so they are all extremely gentle and very effective. For $10, you get a 16 oz jar which is a ton of product for the price due to how little you need to use to moisturize. I agree with others that this isn't the best packaging if you were to use this on your face. Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream is intended for face or body however, I would want to purchase a second jar to use exclusively on my face. I just can't bring myself to dip into the jar and smear product on my face after I've touched my feet with it...even though I'm crazy about keeping my hands (and feet!) clean :)

This cream is so effective at hydrating my skin because it has glycerin, dimethicone, and sweet almond oil. It is frangrance free, non-comedogenic, and dermatologist recommended. Safe for babies and formulated for those with extremely sensitive skin and eczema, this is a great product all skin types. It is a little heavy so, if you don't like cream than I would definitely recommend the lotion. I get severely itchy, dry skin as soon as the weather starts to cool so this is a must for me! I use this as an all-over body moisturizer after my shower and again on my legs, feet, arms, and chest at night. My skin stays itch free, never greasy and my husband is always complimenting me on my soft skin!

on 11/11/2012 6:15:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

This cream is thick, and if you apply too much it can feel really greasy. I tried buying it after reading the reviews here, as well as my mom's reccomendation, but I find it to be just average... I didn't get the very soft, moisturized feeling after applying it on my hands and legs. Don't get me wrong, it does do it's job as s moisturizer, it just didn't go out of it's way much to impress me and convince me for a re-purchase. To me, the price for this product is a little steep, considering how it doesn't work extremely well for me. High chances that I won't buy this again...

on 11/11/2012 12:13:00 PM

When winter approaches, the harsh Canadian weather can get quite brutal at times--for my skin. I would say I have normal skin, not oily, nor dry in many places normally. Needless to say, I did find my skin getting drier and drier, so instead of repurchasing my favorite moisturizer with spf, I opted for this.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I've tried only one Cetaphil product before my purchase--the oily skin cleanser, and it's my HG cleanser so far. And boy have I tried many. But anyways, the reviews seemed good.

To the product, (finally). The consistency is hard, but creamy. Applying this to damp skin is a dream. It soaks in almost instantly and only leaves a slight film, which I don't mind for nighttime. When I wake up, my skin is so soft and plump, like a baby's face. It does not aggravate or cause acne for me, which makes it a keeper in my books. It may have caused a couple odd blackheads for me, which is why I docked a lippie.

Overall, I really like this and will definitely repurchase when I run out.

PS: this is great on the neck/chest area after a shower. :.)

on 11/6/2012 5:41:00 AM

OMG. I have been looking for a moisturizer for my skin for over 5 years now. Most of them either broke me out or sat on top of my skin n left my normal/dry skin greasy. I've tried all the popular drug store brands and some higher end brands n thought moisturizer was without a cause. I picked this up bc I've heard good things and I figured for 13 bucks and lots of product, I'll use it on my hands n feet instead of my face. This stuff sinks right into your skin, 5 minutes later I can apply makeup without getting residue on my brushes, I have not had one pimple since I've started using this and my skin is looking much better after a weeks use!!! I am in love. I can't stop touching my face!!!
The packaging sucks, I mean who wants to put their hands into a big jar repetitively? But it would never be able to squeeze or pump out of a bottle bc of its thickness. I took a Clinique moisture surge jar and emptied the product and scooped some of this thick cream into it so there is less contamination (I'm kind of a germaphobe lol). I couldn't be happier, great for my winter skin, hands n feet! 5 stars all around. No smell AT ALL, no irritation, and moisture is restored ASAP. I recommend to everyone, all ages, and all skin types! Good going cetaphil, maybe ill try their face wash next

on 11/4/2012 11:43:00 PM

I love this moisturizer. It is the perfect remedy for my dried out skin during the fall and winter. On days when I have patches of dry skin, I put just a little in that area because applying too much will cause your skin to get oily. Nowadays I don't use this moisturizer as much, but I know it will definitely come in handy during the winter! Also it doesn't break me out, and I found that there are only a few ingredients in this product. So it's perfect for those with sensitive skin!

on 11/1/2012 9:49:00 PM

This is a very thick and moisturizing cream so I use it all over my face at night and only on my dry areas during day. I also use it as a hand/ foot cream at night. It is a pretty decent moisturizing cream and a little goes a long way although the packaging sucks. I make it work by scooping some into a plastic sauce bottle so that I can just squeeze the amount I need every time.

on 10/27/2012 1:48:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love this stuff. I hate the packaging, but it makes sense considering how thick it is. I just use a spatula. I have bad dryness right now due to a prescription acne treatment, and this makes my skin so comfortable.

ETA: The lauryl sulfates and the cetyl alcohol proved to be too much for my skin. Why would a skincare brand target especially for sensitive skin have these ingredients?!

on 10/24/2012 4:11:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

A very simple but good moisturizer, it calms the skin down and provides moisture.
I use it only when my skin feels super sensitive and chopped to calm it down, otherwise i prefer using creams with other effects as well.

on 10/16/2012 11:19:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Updated review: After noticing that my dry, sensitive face always looked very oily on days that I used Cetaphil, I decided to look into the "other" moisturizing cream that my dermatologist recommended, which is made by CeraVe. I compared the ingredient lists, and I was pretty bummed. The Cetaphil cream is essentially water and Vaseline (petrolatum is the 3rd ingredient). No ceramides, niacinamide, or hyaluronic acid, all of which I was told to look for in a moisturizer. The CeraVe cream not only contains ceramides *and* hyaluronic acid, it actually contains MORE of those 2 ingredients than petrolatum. That was enough for me to switch to the CeraVe cream - I wanted something that was beneficial to my skin beyond just protecting it with a layer of petrolatum. The CeraVe version doesn't rub in as easily as Cetaphil, but I don't end up looking like a greaseball by the end of the day. They both moisturize well, but they just plain work differently. I would consider using the Cetaphil version on winter days when the windchill is -30 and I need that greasy layer of protection from the wind, but that's about it. Also - I recently found out that Cetaphil products are tested on animals, but CeraVe products are not. I'm glad I finally made the switch!

on 10/14/2012 3:01:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have extremely dry skin, and this was the first product that has kept my skin(face and body) moisturized throughout the whole day. I worked at numerous cosmetic counters in Macy's and am knowledgeable about the skin care products for many brands. However, I decided to try the Cetaphil cream because someone suggested it to me. I was satisfied with the results and improvement of my skin within one day. I use it on my face and body at night before I go to bed and my skin stays hydrated. I have used it for about a week and my skin has completely changed. However, the only down side is that the one I have is in a tube and I would rather have a pump or a squeeze tube. This product is definitely affordable and does a better job than expensive creams from higher end brands.