October 1, 2014 | 1765 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Clarisonic - Mia

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2013 2:20:00 AM More reviews by everythingblack

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I finally gave in to all the hype and purchased the Mia online and I am so glad I did!!! I got it at skinstore.com while it was 20% off last month, so I felt like I got a great deal. I have very sensitive, very acne-prone skin with congested pores. I have tried everything under the sun for my skin - from prescription products all the way down to drugstore things. I have to say the Mia is the best thing I've ever done for my skin! I have only been using it for about a month and I can already tell a difference in my skin. My pores look cleaner and smaller and I am having fewer breakouts. Only downfall is the brush it came with (sensitive) is sometimes a bit irritating to my skin, so I ordered the delicate one and the acne one....will update once I get those and try them. This is definitely a worthwhile purchase!!!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/26/2013 7:52:00 PM More reviews by clairedy6

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really wanted to love my Clarisonic but I always had fear in the back of my mind because it costed me over $150 at Sephora. It's been almost 2 months now and I've been using it everyday and I can honestly say it's made my skin worse than it's ever been in my life. I started getting acne 6 months ago and before I started using this I had no acne at all on my forehead, just a few zits on my cheeks. Now, I have TONS of acne on my forehead, from white bumps to red cysts..it's horrible. I wish I could undo ever purchasing this product because now I have so many scars from the acne I've gotten from this machine.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2013 10:12:00 AM More reviews by ChaseSpearing

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

When I first started hearing about the Clarisonic products I was VERY skeptical. A sonic toothbrush for my face, really? I had also heard about the "purging" phase and that absolutely terrified me. But I ended up getting a gift card for Christmas so I went and bought myself a charcoal colored one from Sephora (which you can only get online)

Mine is the "base" model so it just comes with the Clarisonic, the brush (normal, already attached, no extra heads), and the charger. It cost me $119 which again, seemed like a lot for something I didn't think was going to work.

I didn't want to throw my skin into using this all at once and cause my skin to freak out as it often does when new products are introduced to my skincare routine. So I used it for about a month just at night with my Philosophy Purity Made Simple cleanser.

The first things I noticed were, for one, that my skin felt VERY soft and smooth. I was gently exfoliating every morning before owning this and it just didn't feel the same. I also noticed how CLEAN my face felt, without feeling tight or stripped of moisture.

Since mine is the Mia, and not the Mia 2, it does not buzz to prompt you from section to section on your face, but it still stops after 60 seconds. I just estimate 20 seconds on my forehead, 20 seconds on my nose and chin, and 10 seconds on each cheek.

This product supposedly takes about 3 months to "purge" the skin and let the nastiness rise to the surface and be cleared away. I ended up buying the softest brush head with fear of it being to harsh for my skin. And even with that it ripped apart my face.

Acne EVERYWHERE. It was it's worst across my forehead, I had climbing up on 20 active, angry breakouts. And that was after 4 months of use. I ended up giving up and going to a dermatologist, and she told me to STOP. My skin is too fair and sensitive for something that aggressive and it was only making my already awful skin to get worse. She ended up putting me on birth control and two topical treatments, turns out my acne was not caused by products I was using (though the Clarisonic WAS NOT helping) but by a hormonal balance that my birth control seemed to calm.

Needless to say, I followed my doctors orders and returned this thing. If you have thicker skin than me it may work for you but in all honestly a $35 co-pay at my dermatologist fixed what this %119 dollar thing did to my face. Never again.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2013 6:45:00 PM More reviews by stardoc

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I read a ton of reviews before getting mine, & there are some people that love Clarisonics and some that hate them. I for one love it! I use it twice a week in the shower on my face & neck, and my face feels super clean after. I have very sensitive skin so I was nervous what this would do to it, but I use the sensitive brush & love how my skin looks & feels. It really gets rid of black & white heads too! I definitely recommend trying it, & hopefully it will work for you just as well! :)

rated 4 of 5 on 2/16/2013 6:47:00 PM More reviews by laapointe

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use my clarisonic for about two weeks, maybe two weeks is no enough to give a good review but and so far I like it. First of all, after reading all these positive reviews,I expected more from this tool. Yes my skin feels cleaner after I used it but it totally dried out my skin. I have a combination skin and flakes are pretty unusual for me.
About the purging phase, yes you will probably break out, but it is really not that bad. I had a few pin size spots on my cheek but nothing big or uncoverable.

I will do an update soon :)

rated 4 of 5 on 2/16/2013 12:39:00 PM More reviews by ivoryisis

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I think this is a very good product if you have issues with acne and/or oily skin. I have always had issues since the age of twelve with acne and oily skin. Before age twelve, my skin was like porcelain and perfect, but I had so many issues after puberty that it almost destroyed my skin. It was oily with small pores, I had cystic pimples, blackheads, whiteheads, you name it, all over my face. I finally found the Nutrasonic back in 2010 and purchased that to use on my face, which I found was pretty useful until it stopped working two years later. In comparison, the Clarisonic Mia has a much better brush and seems to be a much higher quality product. The Nutrasonic has a more bristled brush and this one is much finer. Sometimes it would seem to irritate my skin a bit but I have never had that issue with the Clarisonic. I use it up to twice daily but I think most people should probably only use it once daily up to every other day. The only reason I use mine up to twice a day is because my skin is so bad and also because I don't use any other exfoliating products. The only thing I can recommend is that you shouldn't really immerse it in water as I'm not sure how waterproof it is, also charge it daily. The only things I want to see in it is higher speeds (this product is one speed only) and also I don't like how it shuts off automatically as it takes longer than a couple of minutes to wash my entire face with it. The brushes are also very expensive at $25 each! I suppose it depends on your skin type because mine is excessively oily and still gets blackheads and the occasional pimple even after using all types of products to help my skin. I take Acnepril (2 pills, twice a day), use Lush Cosmetic's Coalface soap and Grease Lightning, use a 2% Benzoyl Peroxide product (Target generic brand for the Clean and Clear type), and I use Clean and Clear Morning Burst Moisturizer combined with the Mia and that seems to be the combo that works for me, but it took many years for me to figure out what I could do to combat the horrible acne I had. I use Neutrogena makeup and it doesn't seem to bother my skin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2013 4:42:00 PM More reviews by auramei

I have had my Mia since 2009. I use it every other day. I love that it is gentle and has a waterproof case. It's a great way to clean, exfoliate, and relax my skin anytime of the day. Only problem I have is that it is a VERY expensive investment! If it were half the price, these would make great gifts.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/15/2013 4:29:00 PM More reviews by bholland

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I'm writing this review after using the Mia 2 for one week. I really like the timer that tells me to move to the next zone. I use it in the shower and love that it is waterproof. My skin feels incredibly soft, I don't know if its the mia or the cleanser I am using. I am using the cleanser that came with the mia 2, its a gel and quite nice. Once it is gone, I will switch to my usual cleanser which is origins frothy. My skin does feel a little dry, but seems to really feel smooth and it is a pleasure to put on moisturizer! when i do my t-zone i include my lips and what I have noticed is that my lips feel great! they are plumper and softer then before, that is really cool.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2013 11:05:00 AM More reviews by mellynnmac

This has been a godsend. My skin is not too bad, but I always have at least several pimples, blackheads etc and overall the texture is rough and congested. Enter the Mia: After the first few uses I was absolutely floored by how much softer my skin felt as well as how much brighter and cleaner it looked. I use my Mia twice daily and I would think that as long as your skin isn't super sensitive, this would probably be fine for most people. I personally love the results I get when I use my Mia with Clinique's 3 Step System. I find that the added scrubbing power it gives to the Liquid facial soap is enough to take off even the heaviest makeup. I recommend this to anyone who wants great skin!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2013 9:53:00 PM More reviews by LTOFFY

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I am 39 with very a Oily complextion since i was a teenager. While as i am growing older the benefits of having oily skin are very minimal wrinkles or lines. I have tried many products over the years -especially your high end face washes and products. I read reviews about the Clarisonic for years but didn't want to invest in the $200 price tab it came with. I finally spurged in November 2012 and bought the MIA 2. I honestly have to say its the best product i have ever used on my face for cleaning. My face looks amazing. While i do still have oily skin its not as bad and the little white bumps from oil and makeup build up i no longer get. My face looks younger from removing the years of build up from oil and dulliness. My only regret now is that i didn't buy it sooner. Its a 10+ product.