Maybelline Eyestudio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner (All Shades)

3.9

cyclopentasiloxane, propylsilsesquioxane, ceresin, isodecane, cyclohexasiloxane, caprylyl methicone, synthetic fluorphlogopite, silica silyate, disteardimonium hectorite, disodium stearoyl glutamate, propylene carbonate, candelilla wax, caprylyl glycol, aluminum hydroxide, calcium sodium borosilicate, calcium aluminum borosilicate, silica, tin oxide. [ ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499/iron oxides, mica, ci 77491/titanium dioxide, ci 77007/ultramarines, ci 77510/ferric ferrocyanide, ci 77288/chromium oxide greens, ci 77289/chromium hydroxide green, ci 77742/manganese violet, ci 42090/blue 1 lake, ci 19140/yellow 5 lake, ci 77510/ferric ammonium ferrocyanide]

on 9/13/2013 11:58:00 AM

This product is kind of a so-so for me. I have the product in Brown.

The things I like:
- comes with an acceptable brush
It's not as soft as I'd like, but it's good enough. Make sure to clean it often! Once the eyeliner sets in your brush it gets quite hard to clean.
- versatile
you can use it on your eyelids, create a winged look, and even tightline with this product.
- good pigmentation
I find the eyeliner quite pigmented, and it is buildable.

The things I don't like:
- not very longlasting.
I don't use usually use primer so this might be one of the reasons. However, I find the colour fading only after 3-4 hours. it is also not smudge-resistant.
- dry off quickly.
I don't open the lid for long periods of time, but I find my pot of eyeliner drying quite quickly, which means there's going to be quite a lot of wasted products after a few months.

The verdict:
It is a decent eyeliner, good pigmentation and very good to create dramatic looks. You can also wear it as part of your daily makeup regime. However, do carry it around, since you will have to touch up quite often.

on 9/11/2013 5:54:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

It just doesn't stay where you want it to!! Luckily I bought the brown one so it's good for using on my eyebrows. Other than that don't touch it with a barge pole.

on 9/10/2013 4:01:00 AM

i first bought brown and charcoal, i didnt know what i was doing yet so i threw it out halfway thru the pot. now i have it in black and sapphire. each shade formula is a little different. sapphire is more on the powdery side and black is more on the gel side, i think if I remember correctly the charcoal and black is the most creamy feel of all of them. but i like the blue shade. really is smudge-proof and waterproof. brush is pretty good

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I'm on my second pot of this gel eyeliner - it's the only type I've ever tried so I can't really compare it, but I do far prefer it to pencil or liquid eyeliner. I find it's pretty easy to apply, doesn't smudge too badly and has a great, pigmented black colour. The brush isn't the best, and I've tried using a flat angle brush but it's no better. All in all it's a decent eyeliner, for an average price. I'd buy it again mostly because I'm too lazy/cheap to buy a more expensive gel eyeliner.
I also prefer my liner a bit smudgy and smokey, so blending is easy and it looks nice.

on 9/9/2013 12:18:00 PM

i like this gel eyeliner, it was the first gel formula eyeliner i've ever tried, but im searching for alternatives. the intensity of the color was good, it smudged slightly without a primer and faded a little by the end of the day. this would have been overlooked if it werent for the following: it dried really quickly. i never leave the cap off and go wander around the house, i only keep it open while im applying it. its not exactly cheap here, its not worth spendind that much on something that wont last

on 9/8/2013 12:02:00 AM

Eyes: Violet

It's horrible!! It smudges way too easily and it's hard to create a simple winged eyeliner with that brush. -.-

on 9/7/2013 11:55:00 PM

smudges so easily! DO NOT BUY!

on 8/31/2013 3:22:00 AM

This is a review for all you mono-lid girls out there! I have mono-lids (no crease) and it's really hard for me to find a good eyeliner that won't smudge, flake, or fade away during the day. I've tried bunch of drugstore ones, but they didn't work too well for me (the Milani liquid eyeliner had a really good staying power but it was really hard to remove). I decided to try the MAC Fluidline but once again, it didn't work for me because it would always smudge about 2 hours later.

Then I bought this Maybelline eyeliner and I love it! I have it in the color Brown. The texture is creamy and I found it easy to apply. Honestly, I like the brush, but those of you who likes the winged eyeliner look will probably not like the brush. The first few times I used this eyeliner, it did smudge a bit, but I finally found a technique that prevents smudging. The only thing is, I noticed it faded a bit throughout the day, but it's not quite noticeable unless I look down and you look closely.

If you are on a budget, I would definitely recommend trying this one out. Make sure you close the lid tightly after using it because apparently it dries out fast. All you mono-lids out there, you have to find a technique that is suitable for you. This is the method that I tried: use a primer (I used Etude House Proof 10 eye primer), then apply the eyeliner (make sure you don't add too thick of a layer or else it will smudge quite easily), then use a matte powder on top to set it (I used Rimmel's Stay Matte Pressed Powder in Translucent to set it. I also dabbed a bit on the outer corner of my eyes as well as under my eyes).

on 8/24/2013 1:55:00 AM

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

I had seen some good reviews for this eyeliner, so I ran over to shoppers and picked it up for eight dollars. I decided to test it out today, it glided on smoothly and I loved the brush, but the eyeliner lasted all of half an hour before it started smudging all over my eyelid. Heck, I had eyeliner under my eye and I only wear eyeliner on top. I have oily eyelids, but that's never happened with any other eyeliner I've tried. I don't recall rubbing my eyes today either. So I really don't understand how it happened that I had raccoon eyes. It may be easy on the wallet when it comes to this eyeliner, but I wouldn't suggest buying it. I don't want to look like a raccoon for eight dollars, thanks.

on 8/23/2013 3:02:00 AM

I got this free from a dolly magazine, and it's the best eyeliner I've had, easy to apply and looks great. Only downside is that it smudges really easily, but other then that its great and lasts ages.

Video Reviews & Tutorials