August 23, 2014 | 1071 users online

Lip Treatments - eos - Lip Balm Sphere - Sweet Mint

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2012 11:56:00 PM More reviews by 88angels

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS LIP BALM! If you don't care for this flavor, try another because the formula, shape and packaging is fanstastic. What I love about the shape is you can swipe it once and get upper and lower lips at the same time. It takes a bit of getting used to but I loved it from the 1st use. Formula is so moisturizing and yummy. As a side note, beware because dogs seem to love it too. The rubber/plastic packaging is very alluring and they love to chew on them. All my EOS lip balms have teeth marks. My dog opens drawers to get to them so I have to keep them high up.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2012 9:13:00 PM More reviews by 101makeupgirl

This lip balm is so moisturizing! I love the tingly feeling of the mint. If you don't like mint then try another flavor. The product is in an egg-like sphere. It is hard to stick this lip balm in your pockets, but the quality is worth is. You can get this for about $3.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/21/2012 7:43:00 PM More reviews by autumnlee33

LOVE! this is my fav out of all of them for the flavor and cooling sensation... moisturizing eh its alright still a must have for me

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2012 10:33:00 PM More reviews by juliacouture

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this lip balm. I love how it moisturizes my lips and makes them feel nice and minty. I use this all the time, that's how obsessed I am with it. I've had it for two weeks and have used more than my friend who as had it for five months.

I think that it soothes my lips a lot and makes them moist, it's all organic and all natural so I feel like I'm protecting my lips better.

The packaging is also very very cute, but it's a bit difficult to put in a clutch or
in the pocket of your skinny jeans. Its very cute when in school you take out an egg like lip balm, and then everyone wants to see it.

I think it's a good lip balm for those who like mint. If you don't like mint, then this isn't the lip balm for you, but EOS has a ton of flavors so I'm sure you'll find the
perfect one.

*DISCLAIMER: If it gets to a slight greenish tint after a while, it's okay. Your just getting deep into the lip balm.*

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2012 9:32:00 PM More reviews by Chloeclover

I absolutely love the packaging of EOS Lip Balms, they are super adorable. The first lip balm I purchased from this line was the Summer Fruit and it was incredible and I used it all!! So I decided to purchase the Sweet Mint one... HORRIBLE!! I had the worst allergic reaction. I couldn't put my finger on it until I used this a second time which was about a week ago. The first time, I had red, itchy, and swollen lips. The itchyness moved towards the edges of my mouth. I ended up going to see the doctor because it had been going on for 3 weeks... Its because I was using this lip balm.. I was pretty stupid for not stopping the use because I thought that since my lips were dry, itchy, and cracked, I should just continue to put this lip balm over it. I was wrong. My doctor recommended that I use Aquaphor to heal my lips so I had to quit using this. After one month, my lips were back to normal so I though I could use this again. WRONG, I had the same allergic reaction as before. So I then had to resort to my Aquaphor again... So so so so sad, because I love EOS Lip Balms and the packaging. I think I am allergic to something in the Sweet Mint ;_; Possibly because it has a methanol cooling effect unlike the Summer Fruit

rated 1 of 5 on 10/12/2012 7:24:00 PM More reviews by melllm

I admit i bought this because i was drawn to the packaging. After using it multiple times in an attempt to like this i have to say this does nothing for me. The packaging is actually pretty annoying because i can't keep it in my pocket or else i get this weird bulge (not attractive) and the balm itself has a slightly waxy texture that just sits above the lips and doesn't actually moisturize. There are much options for lip care so i will not be repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2012 6:34:00 PM More reviews by amykimkim

this is probably the best lip balm ive ever tried. the only con about this is that it doesnt really fit into your pockets and it doesnt have spf. When you apply it, you get this really minty cooling sensation on your lips which is really nice. it moisturizes really well and when its all dried up, your lips stay moisturized. i like this one way better than the summer fruit one because the summer fruit smell kinda goes bad after a while and it dries your lips out a little bit. i got this at cvs for around $4.29. but its only $2.99 at target. so dont go to cvs. i will definately be repurchasing. i usually never repurchase lip balms just to try out new ones. but this is too good to pass up.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2012 3:41:00 PM More reviews by riyeu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got sucked into buying this due to its unique packaging. The sphere just looks so inticing. I knew nothing about the hype that this product has when I bought it.

The actual lip balm itself it alright. It's not the most moisturizing but it does an okay job. It's not long lasting at all but it's an excuse to apply again (since the application process itself is so enjoyable). I agree with other reviewers that it seems to just sit on top instead of infusing my lips with moisture.

I love the flavor. It's like candy cane with a hint of chocolate and it even tastes good. It makes my lips comfortable and the mint gives the feeling of relief when my lips are dry.

There are two reasons why I would buy again - I love the tingy mint feeling it gives and I love the applicator. Other than that - I would buy something else as there are better lip balms out there.... My all time favorite is Blistex DCT!

Btw... I'm curious to know if this balm goes only half way or if it goes all the way to the bottom...

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/6/2012 9:08:00 AM More reviews by lollsazz

UPDATE: 13 Des. 12: lowering to 1 lippie: did definitely not moisturize enough and I actually got allergic to this. Yes, I'm sure that it's THIS - I tried it out 3 times and the allergy appeared within about 15 minutes (and lasts about a week to go away).
UPDATE 27. Nov. 12:
I don't think I will repurchase this. It doesn't moisturize my lips very will and doesn't protect them at all. I could use only in the summer, I guess. It also seems this dries my lips out a little over time, and I'm still not a fan of the very hard consistency.
I bought this because, in a magazine, they gave this 6/6 stars, while my absolute favourite lip balm only got 4/6. I thought: the one I'm using is so amazing, that this can't possibly beat it?! The main thing they said that I couldn't understand is that this was more moisturizing than my Cliniderm lip balm, which I will now refer to as C. Understand me right: I used to get THE WORST dry lips in the winter.ĘThey were so bad that pieces of my skin hung down, they cracked everywhere, were dry, bleeding and NOTHING could fix it before I got my C. balm, which fixed my lips in 2-4 days (at max) y applying each time after it had worn off. How could ANYTHING be better than this medical balm , which was the only thing that worked for my lips. And the magazine said EOS was BETTER at curing chapped lips and C. wasn't moisturizing enough.
So, I bought this when I went to uni and forgot to bring my C. along. I saw this in our book store and figured out I should buy it because my lips were really in need for a balm immediately. I already had a painful dry spot on my lips. The first thing I noticed is that: if you already have dry chapped lips, this won't be very comfortable to apply because it's so solid. The second thing was that it gave a different look to my lips than my C.: this made my lips a tiny bit paler and less shiny. The minty smell is nice - better than the slightly medical vanilla smell of my C. It moisturized nicely, but NOT as well as C. The minty taste was nice in that it wasn't making me lick it from my lips.
My verdict is: this IS a good balm, but there are better things out there if you have REALLY dry lips. it feels like it sits a bit on top of the lips and doesn't really sink in that well. It's so frigging annoying seeing sponsored reviews in magazines that makes the really good products seem less attractive! So if you're a Norwegian and have seen some of these reviews in magazines or in papers on the Internet, don't believe them - they seem to be written by people that haven't bothered to test the products out properly. Here is an example: http://www.klikk.no/mote/altfordamene/article754202.ece
This is boyfriend friendly in that it has a nice smell and taste and isn't sticky at all. The packaging looks cute, but isn't very practical at all unless you have big pockets or carry your balm around in for example your purse. This doesn't leave you with that nasty white stripe on your lips. It's eco-friendly, they say. You can buy it if you want.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2012 11:41:00 PM More reviews by electropop3545

How cute are these?? Looks like little colourful eggs :)
I love the Sweet Mint the best out of the EOS lip balms. I love the fresh feeling of mint on my lips and very moisturizing. Gives a slight shine on my lips, giving them that a little finish that makes my natural lip colour look more kissable. Round shape actually makes application easier in my opinion. I like to alternate between this, the Honeydew and of course the original Burt's Bees. All 3 products are great!