September 2, 2014 | 2067 users online

Eyeliner - Maybelline - Line Stiletto liquid eyeliner

rated 3 of 5 on 1/31/2012 11:11:00 PM More reviews by emilyamour

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This was one of my first liquid eyeliners when I first started using them. The applicator of this liner is a felt tip. It's a fairly flexible top, so you can bend it to fit just above your lashline. The pigmentation is good, although it's not as black as I would want it to be. This is just a good basic liquid liner, but it's not anything amazing.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/30/2012 10:49:00 PM More reviews by kativy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Pros:
- The application is easy and so fast compared to my usual (Bobbi Brown gel liner).
- The color is dark and bold.
- You can get an incredibly fine line with the pen tip. Love the applicator.

Cons:
- Made it two hours before hearing a really funny joke and laughing/crying a little bit, and when I reevaluated my makeup later, half the liner was gone. I just ended up wiping the rest off, because I looked like a goofball.

This is a nice product for a date night or something, where you know you'll only be out a couple of hours. Not good for all-day wear around hilarious people.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2012 10:52:00 AM More reviews by kbugg

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really like this eyeliner, have been searching for the perfect gel or liquid liner as I look that defined look better than what a pencil delivers. This is provides a nice, crisp defined eye line, you can draw it thick or thin, I prefer thin for a sophisticated but natural look. It is a bit shiny (at least the brownish/black color is) but I kinda like the shine! My eyes look bigger and more defined with this eyeliner. This also seems to stay on all day, provided I don't rub my eyes or shower, I don't think it's waterproof, just smudge-proof.

For reference, I also purchased Maybelline's gel liner to compare and I think I prefer this one. The gel is not as dark (even the black), or defined but both stay on all day. Very affordable, I doubt I'll go back to the expensive brands after finding this :)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2012 1:43:00 PM More reviews by charleyrupert

this is so great i find myself always going back to this liner, it may get annoying to dip again but i do it all the time anyway. i always add a second coat on top of the first one just in case of fading it is a little bit shiny but it looks amazing. it only flaked on me once because i was rubbing my eye really hard and i forgot i had it on(disaster) but it was my fault so im not blaming this product, i loooooove it!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/19/2012 10:21:00 PM More reviews by vuvie

It was great on my hand in the shop. Precision felt tip. A little glossy but I can get over it.

Then I started wearing it. It just flakes. And keeps flaking. I tried by first applying pencil eyeliner and then applying this on top, helps a little but still flakes.

Not using it anymore.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2012 7:55:00 PM More reviews by PiMehMeh

My favorite liquid liner. I have been using pen eyeliners from Sephora and Victoria's Secret and I've tried NYX studio liquid liners but every single time I come back to Maybelline's Line Stiletto. I am on my 3rd or 4th tube! I have combo-oily skin and my lids can get oily throughout the day, but this liquid liner somehow sticks through it, with or without eye primer.

By the end of the day, the most that comes off is at the outer corner because of laughing or crying when I might tear up a little. The finish is matte, and the application is very easy because the applicator is a really soft felt nib and not a brush, so I never have to worry about uneven product application and almost never have to relayer the eyeliner because it's so opaque, as opposed to NYX eyeliners which have comparable staying power but not so great opacity.

I would say that this is the best of both worlds between your typical brush-tip liquid liner and a felt pen eyeliner! My eyeliner is always very sharp and crisp, most likely because of the tapered nib of the applicator, so I recommend this as a great eyeliner for winged and double-winged cat eyes and as a strong accent to smoking eyes, but probably not great if you like smoldering eyeliners because it's hard if not impossible to blend it once it's dry, and it dries quickly.

The tube sounds like it has a little ball inside which is nice, since as you're running out of product all you have to do is shake the tube a little to run the product onto the nib. I wear this almost every day, and it lasts me about 6 months before I need another tube.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2012 2:59:00 AM More reviews by Hammurabi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I was searching for a new liner because i want a liquid that can draw thick and fine lines, the one i have been using is great ( its a japanese brand called kiss me for those who are interested, its a very fine brush tip eyeliner and it makes the most perfect super fine lines) but when it comes to the winged eyeliner, its a bit of a pain when i need a thick line.

so look around on the net, came across two drugstore ones, loreal lineur intense and maybelline stiletto.

now in australia i cannot for the life of me find loreal's linear intense, what i suspect though, its the same as what they call superline here. Not exactly sure if they are the same, but judging by the photos, the packaging and the tip and the design are.
loreal retails at $24.95 aud here.

then maybelline, the store i went and bought it has a buy1 get 1 free. Normal price $6.95 aud and that make the liner $3.50 aud each. no brainer. i picked the maybelline first. loreal can wait until they go on sale.

i tried it when i got home. what i find:

1. i got the blackest black, with asian brown eyes black hair the colour perfect.
2. goes on smooth, i really like it, i get the line right from the start, no skipping
3. no problems with fine lines either, the felt tip is incredible easy to use
4. can do flicks/winged, no problems whatsoever
5. last all day, no smudging, no flaking like some others reported.
though
6. i need to redip for one line. which is a little let down for me... i was hoping no need to redip. but hey, its just a minor con for me.

The price is just awesome. yes i got it at really cheap but even at full price its not breaking the bank either, i am very happy as to how this performed and have no complains once its on. it dries quick enough and it does not smudge

i went back the next day and bought another two. this is how impressed i am with it. forget about superline now haha.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/2/2012 9:22:00 PM More reviews by annalynne

PROS:
-good lasting power
-bold and dark color
-easy to draw a thin/thick line or a wing
-affordable

CONS:
-shiny, glossy finish (i prefer matte)
-not waterproof

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/31/2011 9:17:00 AM More reviews by scareyj

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

I really do like this eyeliner. I consider it a dark black and sorta shiny. I don't have issues with it flaking on me and I have oily eyelids. But, I do use a primer to help with that issue. I can do a winged-out eye look with this liner very easily. I will definitely buy this again!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2011 2:33:00 AM More reviews by kimberleylyra

My first liquid eyeliner and my last! This is absolutely perfect in every way. It is so effortless (after practice, of course!) to throw on in the morning and isn't fiddly at all. I've had mine for 8 months and it's still going strong. I continue to embrace the blackest of all black line every morning. It stays on all day without primer.

This is honestly the best eyeliner I will ever use. I cannot fault it anywhere... It is absolutely amazing!