E.L.F. Eyebrow Kit

4.3

Brow Gel Ingredient:Paraffinium Liquidum (Mineral Oil) , Ricinus Comunis (Castor) Seed Oil , Talc , Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax , Ozokerite , Methylisothiazolinone , Caprylyl glycol May Contain:Iron Oxides(CI 77491 CI 77492 CI 77499) , Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891) Brow Powder Ingredient:Talc , Mica , Caprylic/Caprictriglycerides , Hydrogenated Polyisobutene , Sodium Dehydroacetate May Contain: Iron Oxide(CI 77491 CI 77492 CI 77499)

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse

I'm a person that doesn't walk out of the house w/o my brows on. I have a lot of flaws concerning my natural brows. 1. Hereditary speaking, all family members including men in my family have weak thin brows. 2. The 90's brow trend need I say more? 3. My brows don't grow full. I get maybe 4 stray hairs around the brow per month. They never grow in the brow! I noticed that this brow kit gets a ton of love and surprisingly I never tried this one yet. I got this at Target and they only had the "Medium" shade. The wax is a perfect shade of dark brown. The powder is a light brown and reminds me of MAC Cork eyeshadow. I almost didn't purchase it because I didn't think the powder would show up. Well, I was right with the powder shade. It really doesn't show up unless I apply multiple layers of the gel w/ the powder. But, I feel I can make this kit work fabulous with the right brush! I'm hoping by buying a different brush, I can up the rating to at least a four. This kit fails me now due to the useless brush duo they included in the kit. For one, the gel brush end (angeled brush) is too soft to apply any pigment from the gel. The brush just smears the gel back and forth and not allowing it to really fill in the gaps. The powder brush end (small eyeshadow blending brush) is too soft and too big for me. In fact the powder brush is double the size of my actual brow and makes for a sloppy application. By also being too soft, it does not pick up any pigment to the brow powder. I'm not tossing this yet. I'm giving it one more shot with a different brush. Hope things work out better.
Update: I replaced the kits brush and is now using a SK brow brush and now I like this kit even more.

on 9/7/2013 11:46:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I kept seeing this used in a lot of Youtube tutorials so I decided to give it a try. This is the first eyebrow gel I ever tried, before this I used pencils and powders. I like the gel better than a pencil because I don't have to worry about it looking too harsh and it lasts longer than a powder by itself. It has a durable case that comes with: a gel, a powder, a mirror, and a two-sided brush. I think the formula in the gel is pretty goof proof, it's pigmented enough to show up on the brows but not so dark that it gives you Groucho Marx eyebrows. For $3 this is a pretty good product.

Pros:
-Extremely affordable.
-For $3 you get a gel, powder, mirror, and a two-sided brush.
-Decent wear time (keep in mind I have dry skin, so I'm not sure how it would work for oily skin girls).

Cons:
-The powder isn't very pigmented.

Tip:
-I like to mix the gel and the powder together, I think I get the best results that way.

I've never used an eyebrow gel before, I typically stick to a pencil, but I love this product! I have medium brown hair with natural blond highlights, and I got this kit in medium. I feel that if I get the right proportion of the gel and powder, I can get a pretty close color. The only problem is, it's easy to go overboard, a little goes a long way if you are just filling in sparse spots. Because of this, it took two tries because the first time I looked like I literally colored over my eyebrows with a brown sharpie! I got the hang of it the second time around. If you remember that less is more, I would definitely recommend this to a friend

on 9/6/2013 6:32:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

I never tried the Benefit brow wiz but I wanted try this with all the rave reviews. I got this in medium for $3 from Target but it doesn't really work for me. I have thin and sparse barely there eyebrows and although my current routine is using Mac Spike Brow pencil to define my brows and fill with either Mac Brun eyeshadow or MUFE aquabrow w/ Mac 208 brush, I still wanted to try this. This wax or any brow wax doesn't work well at defining my brows for my skin but I really like the powder for filling the inner part of my eyebrow. Im always in the market to for great eyebrow products so I can't wait to try the Kelley Baker Brow products next:)

on 8/31/2013 8:56:00 AM

I used to use Benefit Browzing, and I still love that product. But this is a really good dupe for a fraction of the price! ($30 vs. $3, I believe.)

on 8/31/2013 2:46:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

hands down best deal you'll ever find on an awesome brow kit. I tell everyone about it and haven't heard any negative feed back. without hesitation pick one up! you'll love it. easily comparable to high-end brow kits I've owned.

Love this stuff! It has a dual ended brush, one angled liner side & one fluffy brush side. It comes with two products, a darker wax and a lighter powder. This fills in the sparse spots in my brow and lasts all day! Elf always seems to blow the competition away in affordability, and quality. Another good one, elf.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

It fills in my brows and you can't beat the price. The color doesn't come off as a reddish brown which I like. They're more of ashy browns that just look more natural.

on 8/27/2013 12:20:00 PM

I'm in love with this! Honestly I didn't think it was going to work well cause its always 50/50 chance an E.L.F product works well. But this is amazing nice pigment good price everything! I'm so glad I came across this.

on 8/27/2013 12:46:00 AM

I used to use the Bare Minerals eyebrow kit and then I got obsessed with Shaaanxo on Youtube and she always uses and raves about the elf eyebrow kit. Well when I died my hair lighter, my BE eyebrow powder really wasn't working for me anymore.. the color was just off and is just looked to powdery and fake. So when I mas making a haul off the elf website I decided to pick up two sets of these, on in medium and then one in ask because I was planning on putting more blonde highlights in my hair for the summer. My mom noticed right away that I was using a new product for my eyebrows. She said it looked much better and much more natural and I agree. I absolutely love this product, in both the medium and the ash color sets. For medium, I did use both the powder (underneath) and then gel (on top) to fill in my brows but now that I have lighter hair and am using the ash kit, I'm only using the gel side. I don't know for sure cause I've never used it, but the powder just looks too light so I don't even bother. Anyways, for $3 it's one of the best beauty product purchases I've ever made and I will always repurchase.

Popular Brows Products