April 19, 2014 | 1579 users online

Lip Treatments - Palmers - Cocoa Butter Stick

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2006 9:40:00 AM More reviews by the_blue_bubble

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I love this lip balm. It has been the only thing, along with my Nuxe Honey balm, to heal the cracks that I will occasionally get, thanks to a lot of lip licking (mine of course :P).

It is soothing, healing, smells beautiful and very reasonably priced. It gives a finish different to my Nuxe - it is a creamy, glossy and slightly slippery finish as opposed to the matte, thick and emollient feel of the latter.

I love both but for the price and every day wear, this can't be beat. Absolute HG.

P.S. I love my Nuxe too but it's better as a overnight treatment as it lasts a long time on your lips and under lippy.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2006 11:57:00 PM More reviews by jen129nifer

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am a devout Palmer's user, and with that aside, the Palmer's Cocoa Butter Stick is still the best lip balm. It is super-moisturizing and leaves lips soft and comfortable. My lips are never peeling, and I never experience that waxy feel like other popular lip balms. The best part about the Palmer's Cocoa Butter Stick is that it lasts and lasts. I find myself reaching for it far earlier than I need to simply because I love putting it on. It is a great buy and the only lip balm that I use.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/22/2006 3:42:00 AM More reviews by Chickeys

This is my absolute favorite lip balm EVER. It moisturizes my lips, is dirt-cheap, and comes in a giant tube that lasts forever. I love, love, love it. I used to be addicted to Carmex but now I find it too thick and medicinal, and Palmer's CB stick is my forever favorite. I can't say enough good things about it! :-)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2006 12:49:00 PM More reviews by IvoryLady

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm always on the search for a great lipbalm, and this is my new favorite! It's replacing Aquaphor, my previous favorite for about 4 years. I was afraid the cocoa butter swivel stick would be too waxy or smell/taste strange, but it's perfect. The texture is smooth and slightly creamy; it moisturizes and feels pleasant on my lips. The smell is great too! It makes me think of hot chocolate with marshmallows. Thankfully the smell dissipates quickly, or else I'd be craving sugar all the time, hehe. The only downside is the packaging, which does like curiously like a glue stick. It's sturdy but not attractive, and it makes it a bit imprecise to apply to lips, but it's not a big deal to me. I'm already wishing I'd bought a second tube.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2006 8:18:00 AM More reviews by EnglishAnne

Love this stuff! I keep a swivel stick with me at all times, and keep a jar of it at my bedside. I use it every night on my lips, and I never have problems with chapped lips. Definately a HG product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2006 5:19:00 PM More reviews by RitaPerfect

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

At first I thought this would be really waxy and thick, but it turns that this was creamy and smooth. The smell is okay (I don't hate it or anything). I just love using it on my lips! It doesn't just cover them like a cheap balm or go on too thin like a film on your lips. I feel that it really sinks in and moisturizes without leaving behind a greasy gross feeling. I also use this on really dry spots (like my elbows). Works wonders! Definitely will buy again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2006 1:38:00 PM More reviews by rydellpink

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I use this anywhere I have a dry/rough area. It is also great if you have a scrap or cut. It helps prevent scaring. And the stick last a long time. I really can't stress enough how much I love this product. Try it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2006 12:44:00 PM More reviews by cwalters1218

I love this little miracle! I have had super dry, cracked, chapped lips all my life...always receiving chapsticks and lipbalms as gifts from friends and family alike. But nothing ever worked, some even dried my poor lips out some more. About 3 years ago while pegnant w/ my daughter I went by the drugstore to pick up some more Plamer's cocoa butter lotion for my itchy belly I saw the stick sitting there on the shelf and thought what the heck, I'll give it a shot. I'm soo glad I did, it instantly felt soothing and by the next day my lips were soft and supple...something they never were! Now I keep one everywhere; nightstand, purse, car, bathroom drawer...etc. It's perfect for everyday use and especially at night right before bed so I can wake up to perfect lips. I even have my husband who hates the waxy feel of lipbalms addicted to this stuff...not to mention friends and family who at first laugh at me applying lipbalm from such a large tube, but once they try it they too are hooked instantly!! Try one today if you've been searching for something to cure those dry lips or other dry areas! Truly a great buy!! EDIT: I have been using Lansinoh Lanolin (yes!the balm for breastfeeding moms) instead and I think it is my new HG.

EDIT: I no longer use either Lansinoh Lanolin or Palmers Cocoa Butter Stick...they both were starting to taste rancid and I've recently been introduced to Lypsyl and it's great!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2006 1:29:00 PM More reviews by brooksbelle

Best Lip balm ever!! I keep one in my bedside table, my purse, my kitchen junk drawer, and my makeup kit. It's not waxy or greasy, very moisturizing and smells really really good!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2006 9:48:00 PM More reviews by karebear0099

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Great stuff, like everyone else said, smells nice, makes my lips soft and moist looking and doesn't feel waxy or tacky. Goes on nice and sheer but with enough coverage. Quite cheap, like 2.50 at Ulta and it will last forever! Will definately repurchase if it ever runs out. I am just using it as a lipbalm I have not really tried it on other areas but cuticles does seem like a good idea.