BeneFit Cosmetics Hello Flawless!

3.7

octinoxate 5.94%, titanium dioxide 1.70%, oxybenzone 2%. OTHERS: triethoxycaprylylsilane, silica, nylon-12, phenyl trimethicone, polyethylene, talc, lauroyl lysine, phenoxyethanol, ethylene/acrylic acid copolymer, aluminum dimyrisate, bht, disodium stearoyl glutamate, sodium dehydroacetate, methicone, polymethyl methacrylate, isononyl isononanoate, alumina. ( /- bismuth oxychloride, mica, titanium dioxide, carmine, iron oxides.

on 1/29/2011 8:02:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I had this tried on me today and hated it. I agree with anyone who said it made their skin look dull. The artist applied it over the makeup I already had on and it made me look worse than I did before I went to the counter! It might work for oily skins but even on my t-zone which sometimes gets greasy, it was very drying. A miss for BeneFit this time!

on 1/27/2011 5:53:00 AM

I LOVE this product! I used it as a foundation, with no powder, no primer, nothing! And my skin looked amazing! Unfortunately it ended and I didn't buy more because it's way too expensive for me... Another negative thing was that when I opened it for the first time it broke apart and I had to put it elsewhere. I used it everyday with the sponge it brought. Flawless!

on 1/16/2011 9:07:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I absolutely LOVED this product. I have large pores and this did not settle in but instead hid them and my face really did look flawless. The price is around 35 dollars but is well worth it. The powder is on top of the compact with the brush and sponge in the bottom compartment. The only con was this product made me break out even more. I have combination skin and really can't use anything at all on my face or else I break out even more. I can't wait for this phase to pass so I can purchase this product again.

on 1/12/2011 12:45:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love the smooth finish that this powder gives. Since liquid make up has proven not an option for me, I use Bare Escentuals daily and top it off with Hello Flawless for more coverage. It feels great and has a smooth natural airbrushed finish, but I am not pleased with how much you get for the price. I will most likely buy again because I am only using it on top of my make up so hopefully I won't go through it too quickly. Packaging: Not sure why it comes with a little brush because it goes on best with a large powder brush...but I do keep the sponge in the container for quick touch ups when I go out.

on 1/4/2011 7:45:00 AM

I am so MEH on this product. I have it in champagne, which is definitely the right color for me and everything, but i find that this does NOTHING for my skin. Sure, it provides coverage, but it makes my skin look...how can i say it...DULL.

For reasons i do not understand, it just looks flat on me. If I apply it with the sponge, its cakey. With a brush, its too sheer and doesn't even look like i did anything. Also, for the price, it is such a disappointment.

maybe its because i have relatively dry skin that it doesnt work for me. A friend of mine uses it (her skin is combination/oily) and it looks great on her! I find that glowy products, such as the MAC skinfinishes, give a much nicer finish to your complexion, and trust me, this is after EXTENSIVE searching. If you want something to quickly brush over your skin, this is not a good one to buy, i would probably only use this one if ran out of my other powder.

I've had it for over a year now, and still have not even come close to finishing it, which really says it all.

on 1/1/2011 6:07:00 PM

I tried this product because a close friend of mine, whose really into makeup, really raves about it. I haven't really bothered to try any other powders before (cos i don't want that cakey dry chalky look), but i was pleasantly suprised with this one! It makes my skin look flawless in the sense that it makes my skin look very brushed smooth, its lightweight and easy to apply (with the cute brush and sponge you get with it-i personally only ever use the brush though) and it has an SPF of 15. I don't use this to build coverage, i use this as a sorta ultra light dusting of powder. The packaging is a bit tacky (as with all benefit products, as standard), and the lightest shade 'Shell' is still too dark for my NC15 fair skin. So its not the worst product in the world, but not amazing either.

on 12/30/2010 1:32:00 AM

I bought this a year ago when I was going through a bad skin phase... wanted something that gave me some coverage but that didn't look too cakey. Since I never really used pressed powder before, I hardly knew the difference between good and bad, and I figured that paying $38 for a powder would guarantee the best results. Little did I know that this would be such a disappointment. I only used it for less than a month before what little powder is in the pan cracked into a million little pieces. You get so little powder in this compact and the coverage is so sheer that you have to layer it to get anywhere. The only thing I like about this is the box that it comes in, which is what I wished the compact looked like.

on 12/30/2010 1:17:00 AM

I did get compliments on my skin once in a while whenever I wore this foundation. However, I found that it wasn't really buildable. I still needed to use a concealer to cover up problem areas. It did provide a nice light coverage for the rest of my face though.

I might buy this again in the future, but I'm experimenting with other foundations right now since I wasn't 100% thrilled with this one.

on 12/29/2010 6:47:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I hate this! coverage is too sheer, and the SA sold me totally the wrong colour (my own foolishness for not checking in daylight i suppose). AVOID...

EDIT: maybe its my application. Using my too dark one as a coutour powder, which is good as v blendable

on 12/27/2010 7:37:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Been using this for over a year - maybe two years now that I think about it. Anyway, I've been through 2 of these, working through my 3rd one. I have super acne prone skin & it is best NOT to wear any makeup. But considering I am a girl who wants to cover up unwanted marks, that's not an option for me. I have tried many foundations & this is the only one which I have found positive CONSISTENT results. A few times during the year, my face will almost be acne free but finals week rolls by & my face undergoes havoc. Even through my ups & downs with blemishes, this product provides the coverage I need. I guess the SPF is nice, doesn't really matter to me since I use a sunscreen before it [spf 100+ neutrogena, wssup?!]. I don't look cakey - a quick brush of this powder across my face & I'm set to go. I'll keep on buyin' this stuff until I'm brave enough to try something new. god knows my skin hates trying new products.

Lastly, avoid flash photography, you'll look washed out & ghostly pale with this on [there's SPF in it remember?]. If you want a nice one-night use foundation, MUFE is photo-friendly - be warned though, that stuff may break you out but that's another review.

Top Rated BeneFit Cosmetics Products