October 1, 2014 | 1149 users online

Powder - BeneFit Cosmetics - Hello Flawless!

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 11/16/2010 10:06:00 PM More reviews by ItsInHisKiss

I have a little story regarding Hello Flawless! When I first moved to this city I wanted to explore. I went exploring down a street known for cool little shops, and while I was perusing I stumbled upon a woman outside who gave me a little flyer and begged that I come in the shop. So, I followed her into the shop where she plopped me down on a seat and started putting all sorts of makeup on me. I didn't mind, because it felt nice to feel pampered until she gave me a list of things she had used on me and now expected me to buy. WHOA. I said, well jeez I can really only afford one thing. That one thing was Hello Flawless! powder. Now, I proceeded to use this 30 dollar powder until it absolutely ran dry. But it wasn't because I necessarily thought it worked better than the other powders I already had, I just wanted to feel like I spent my money on something I could use. As a matter of fact, I felt like my N.Y.C. powder did a better job at setting my foundation and adding that last touch to my makeup. So, bottom line is this (for me at least), I don't really think this is the miracle, cure-all powder for girls who want a flawless look. It was actually quite disappointing for the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2010 11:26:00 PM More reviews by ahitter

I love this product. I'm fair with combo skin, but my oily parts are extremely oily. I have been using Bare Minerals, but the fair tones are too pink for me, and the yellow offerings are far to yellow. I don't need a full coverage foundation either, I want a nice, natural finish. Not too matte and not sparkly. I also need it to be color true, and this does the trick.

I also want my make-up routine to be under 10 minutes. I have high standards.

Hello Flawless does that for me. Here's my tried and true routine:

-Murad oil control mattifier spf 15
-Stila One Step Correct (Primer)
-Benefit Some Kind-A Gorgeous
-Benefit Boi-oing Concealer (great for oily gals)
-Hello Flawless in (T-zone only)

I finish with blush, a swipe of taupe shadow, Tarte 4 Day Lash Stain (which is also AMAZING), and a swipe of gloss.

Done--and it looks polished. I can see clients and be confident that I'm putting my best face forward.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2010 3:50:00 PM More reviews by ALYSSATIME

I finally found the best powder ever. This works really well if you like medium to full coverage. I love that this product is build able and its only powder. Say goodbye to any liquid or cream foundation! The only cons about this product is the price, but I would buy this again once I'm out.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2010 2:26:00 PM More reviews by blisteringpree

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I bought this product during Spring 2010 and it has lasted me until November 2010. I think that's a fair amount of time given that I use this product every day. I truly think this is the best foundation I have ever used. I don't need extra heavy foundation; I just need something to cover a few red spots here and there as well as the occasional zit. This is medium to heavy coverage foundation so I don't even wear concealer with this foundation! What I usually do is take my stippling brush from Target and apply the powder in circular motions all over my face. I then stipple on more powder on areas that need additional coverage. Then I wet the brush lightly and go over my face with a layer of water which essentially does what all those fancy sprays do for your face: makes it less powdery and more 'real.' The make up lasts all day. My skin looks flawless and it photographs great. Certainly I still get oily but nowhere as oily as I used to get. I'm buying my second one this week!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/30/2010 9:54:00 AM More reviews by Kayteejbee

So far, I have purchased this about 6 times, it is great on oily skin. I never use the brush, as i need more coverage, but the little sponge is great, and washes well. I think in general benefit is expensive, and this is no exception, but since i use it everyday I think it's worth the cost.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/16/2010 4:35:00 PM More reviews by sweetgreentea

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got this from a Benefit counter in Nordstrom's after getting my brows done at the Brow Bar. I normally don't like Benefit's products, but I'm really feeling this. I have it in Toffee, and I think it is slightly too rosy for my olive skin. I love it, anyway, though. Somehow, just wearing this makes it look like I have soft, pretty skin. I used to be a total liquid make up girl, but this powder and the Clarisonic have made me a convert. I would buy again if I get it in the right color, otherwise I will have to look elsewhere. I agree with others that the make up brush is useless, but it is what I am using because I don't have another suitable brush. I think a fan brush would be great with this if you only need light coverage.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/12/2010 2:31:00 PM More reviews by sugaplum58

The colour match was perfect for my natural tanned/ medium skin tone, and looked great on photographs too. Hello Flawless felt light on my skin and was very easy to apply. Coverage was buildable, but I had to use a fair amount of concealer underneath to cover my acne scars (I use Boing also by Benefit). Sometimes if my skin was oily, the foundation would create a layer of oil on my skin, so regular touch-ups were needed, which was a bit annoying. Also, the product finished very quickly, and for the price I think more should be included otherwise it can be quite expensive to keep buying it every few months. With most Benefit products, the brush supplied wasn't very good, so I used my own, but I loved the compact packaging with mirror,sponge and brush inside.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/9/2010 6:47:00 PM More reviews by fatisil

I guess this is OKish... First of all: if you thing you are light skinned do not believe the sales person who says you have "warm" tones... It may look good under those intense lights and applied by a professional, but for us common mortals it is best to go to the lightest shade you believe is kind of your colour and latter darken it with bronzer, than wearing a dark mask (I stole this concept from the very wise make up artist Wayne, aka gossmakeupartist on Youtube). Apart from being the wrong colour, for the reasons aforementioned, it just feels cheap on your face. I can still use it (being very careful), but... I feel like I'm wearing something I bought at the chinese store down town... The packaging is cute, as always... but a cute box isn't worth 30 Euros... Sorry... I don't hate it, I just don't think it belongs on the "high end" description.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 10/6/2010 5:43:00 PM More reviews by jod84

not the best product at controling oil but the coverage is great. i used this over a tinted light weight makeup and it looked really nice for the first few hours but then it went shinny (thats probably because of my oily skin type but i was still pretty let down by the poor oil control. i had high hopes for such a expensive product but never mind........i think i'll go for less expensive makeup next time and stop wasting my money

rated 3 of 5 on 9/27/2010 5:22:00 PM More reviews by hattiebanatti

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this product when I was nice and tanned in the summer, however it wasn't all it cracked up to be.
I thought that it looked patchy on my combination skin, it caught the oil and sat on the dry skin.
On the other hand, the coverage was pretty even and the colour matched well, but it didn't last as long as I'd hoped (bearing in mind I don't tend to cake on my make up either!).
I would like to say i'd buy this product again, but for the price I just can't justify it.