BeneFit Cosmetics Hello Flawless!

3.7

12/22/2015: Active: Octinoxate (Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate) 6.00, Titanium Dioxide 1.59, Oxybenzone (Benzophenone-3) 2.00. Inactive: Talc, Silica, Mica, Nylon-12, Phenyl Trimethicone, Polyethylene, Isononyl Isononanoate, Lauroyl Lysine, Aluminum Dimyristate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Phenoxyethanol, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Ethylene/Acrylic Acid Copolymer, Methicone, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Alumina, Polymethyl Methacrylate, BHT. May Contain: Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Carmine (CI 75470), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499)

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Bought this at Sephora and was very disappointed that I wasted my time on this. I was matched with this powder foundation in Champagne. Unfortunately, due to the bright overhead lighting in Sephora, I couldn't see what this powder did to my tone and complexion. My skin looked so dull, flat, and tired with this on. These three adjectives should never be used to describe your foundation. My skin did not look bright or dewy using the sponge or brush applicators. I returned this stuff in a jiffy. It was also overpriced and the packaging was so inconvenient. So hard to lift the powder to reach the brush and sponge underneath. Really?! Would never go to benefit for skin care.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

Update (2011/15/03)
Wow, i'm wrong. Despite the price, I really really love this foundation. I've been breaking out with the worst possible blackheads that leave rash-like hyper-pigmented scars on my face and this covers EVERYTHING. I've been using lemon juice on my face to lighten my scars and this has really helped in covering up everything until my skin gets better. The most important thing of all is that it doesnt sit heavy on my skin and it DOESNT BREAK ME OUT. I know that i might be minor for people who have normal skin but its a big deal for me because it was a vicious cycle to be using makeup that gives me acne but then be using cover up to hide my blemishes that it was causing.
After awhile, I couldn't go without wearing makeup on my face because my face looked like a war zone:S

So ya. I'm very happy that I get to enjoy having a "flawless look" while healing my acne.
Yay me:)
but..its still expensive!

The thing I really like about this product is that it doesn't break me out.

I have extremely dry sensitive yet oily skin and my skin reacts to absolutely EVERYTHING. If I wear anything on my face, my face will get irritated within like, 30 minutes (if that's even possible).

Anyways, so this powder comes in this little box for like, what, 35$ at Shoppers. I think its REALLY expensive for the amount you get...it's like "say whaaa". But I'm glad to report that the powder goes on really nice and smooth and does make you skin look flawless and is similar to my beloved Sephora double compact powder(which I miss wearing btw, just broke me out too much!)

The cons are that its a bit too...dark on my skin. It makes me skin look lovely and even but in this orangey yellowy tone. It's the shade I'd be if I was a shade darker. But not darker like "tanned" (because I get golden and yellow) but actually a shade like, orange...I don't know who to explain it.

Anyways, im just glad its not breaking me out because I'm just trying to clear my skin until I got to the dermatologist at the end of April and get me some accutane! lol.
Until then, I'll have to make do with covering up my scars and acne with this expensive powder.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I went into Ulta a few days ago, looking for a new foundation to help with my oily skin. I have been searching for years. I have tried BE, UD both mineral and cream to powder, Ulta brand, etc., all with primer and setting spray over it. The SA was SO nice and helpful. She said she has oily skin as well, and recommended this powder foundation along with BeneFit's POREfessional primer. It is the best combination of face make up I have EVER tried. Yes, I still have to touch up with my UD De-Slick powder once or twice during the day, but it doesn't wear off or cake. I recommend using a foundation brush to apply this, as opposed to either of the applicators provided, because it gives a natural look and much less product is needed. I was hesitant to spend another $34 on a foundation that might turn out like all the rest I've tried, but I really feel confident in this purchase. I love how my face looks and feels with this on. Oh, and just to say: I wear "Never Settle Petal" and it's a perfect match.

The SA colour matched me wrongly.. I think its a bit too dark for me, maybe i can wear it in the summer if i get tanned a bit.. But so far, i'm not too eager to wear it. I think its okay, but not good enough for me to rave about it. I have been using MAC studio fix powder for years, so i bought the Benefit hello flawless coz i wanted to try something different. And i can say that I still like the MAC studio fix better than this one. The Benefit Hello flawless made my pores look kinda bigger and its kinda too chalky on my face, and like i said the SA gave me a colour that is a touch too dark for me, so it looks weird if i use it (using a brush) on top of my foundation..
Will not repurchase..

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

The salesgirl and her manager at Sephora South Coast is so damn pushy that I feel stupid afterwards for actually spending time there listening to their crap. Her manager makeup looks hideous, her own makeup is cakey (she uses Benefit foundation, yes) and yet cannot hide all the blemishes she has on. I tried to ask them about her products compared to Benefit hello flawless and was told that I'm "too difficult". The girl opened the box and used the same brushes everybody uses there to put it on me *grasp* It was so quick that I couldn't even murmur anything. She's an amateur and worse than an average teenager who first learns how to put on makeup. I can't believe Sephora actually hires people like this as makeup artists/consultants.

Quick take: good: soft, smooth, good color match
bad: easily flake, average stay, powder flies everywhere with just 1 swipe.

Purchase: Nope, never.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

My new HG foundation! It is hands down the best full coverage powder foundation I have ever used. I Love Me: Fair Ivory is a perfect shade match. It does a great job covering up redness and blemishes without feeling heavy. It truly does give me a flawless look that I really haven't been able to find with other foundations. The only complaint I have is that there's not a lot of product for the money, but I love the coverage so much, that I'll definitely purchase again

This is really flawless powder, yet a bit small

I bought this foundation a few weeks ago and have been wearing it every weekday (I'm always in a rush in the mornings!) and what I love is how quick this is to use, I use the sponge and can do my face in about a minute! I am pale with really rosy cheeks and this product really tones down the redness and leaves me looking flawless.

I do find that within a few hours my skin has started to get oily in my t-zone but a quick touch up and I'm good again!

I have read other reviews that say this product runs out quickly so I'm a bit concerned it will run out and end up not being value for money.

I also really like the packaging - very cute!

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I have combination skin, very pale with pink undertones. I have a hard time finding make-up that doesn't have yellow undertones, and this actually fit the bill. It looks amazing when it's first put on, but I start looking oily after just a couple of hours. While the packaging is nice, there is not much product in the the container. I don't mind paying a lot for make-up when it is quality, but this doesn't have staying power or very much product.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I hadn't bought a foundation or powder in years and was feeling a little unsure. So i was color matched by a Beneƒit SA in a Beneƒit shop on a bright sunny day with good light.
I really like the packaging. The compact is nice portable box, mirror included, powder section lifts up to reveal a space underneath for both brush and sponge. It is very practical.
I wore this a few times and realized theSA had given me a color that was WAAAY too dark - i'm between 15 and 20 MAC, but a bit more neutral. So i took it back,explained the problem, and a different SA matched me, giving me a lighter color. After wearing it a while i could see that it, too, was way too dark. Now it sits in the bottom of my makeup box, although i occasionally use it for contouring.
Additionally, the powder itself is rather coarse. And the texture was not really suitable for my dry skin, being quite matte and making me look mummified. I was also disappointed that i was TWICE given wrong colors by Beneƒit's supposedly trained makeup SAs. If they're on commission, they'd make just as much if they matched my skin tone, rather than the patch of hyperpigmentation on my jaw.