E.L.F. Studio Powder Brush

synthetic, cruelty-free hair

on 8/12/2013 5:48:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I did not liked this at all, I used it with foundation, blush and powder and for powder this is ok (it's a powder brush after all). ELF isn't so cheap if you have to order it from Europe, but because the reviews where so great I ordered it anyway. Mine also sheds like crazy, I'm not a fan and I don't see whats so great about this brush. Maybe if you can get it for a really cheap price but I rather pay a little more and get the Real Techniques brushes because those are allot better!

on 8/12/2013 1:23:00 AM

My freaking fav! I love how I use it for both liquid foundt. And powder! Doesnt overly dry or get nasty and sticky like my other foundt. brushes. This is simply amazing!

on 8/11/2013 9:52:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This brush blew wayyy past my expectations! I got it at my local target for $3 and I am very happy with that way it applies powder. I know makeup artists tell us to use a poof instead of a brush to apply powder, but this brush applies powder better than anything I've ever used for powder (I said powder way too much :P) whatever it picks up it puts on your face. It does not absorb anything or mess up your foundations. It feels unbelievably smooth too! It did shed on me just a few hairs but I don't care. Even if it sheds all its got, I'll just buy another one. If you're looking for the perfect powder applicator and you find this, GRAB IT! They tend to run out fast.

on 8/11/2013 12:06:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I use this with my compact to set my liquid foundation. I'm not the type to keep brushes forever or wash them often. So the price makes it perfect to just throw away and start over.

on 8/11/2013 1:02:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I don't know how anyone could use this for powder.
I have used this brush for liquid foundation and it blends it in nicely but swallows 50% of the product. I haven't had a problem with shedding (probably because I washed it before I used it, which is what you're supposed to do to prolong the life of your brushes). It can also be used for contouring.
You get what you pay for. Don't expect this brush to be top quality.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

For $3, this is probably the best powder brush you're going to find which is exactly why I buy these. It does what it's supposed to do. It applies and blends powders really well but that's where my love for this brush ends. I know a lot of women here use this brush to stipple on liquid foundation or buff on a mineral powder but I wouldn't recommend it. I tried that and my skin itched and was stinging for a couple of hours... like I had use a really old beat up kabuki brush. So, for powder, yes it's definitely worth it since powder brushes can be super expensive and this will work just about as well as a lot of the high end brushes. As a foundation brush, no. It's too harsh on the skin for stippling and buffing in my experience.

on 8/6/2013 5:19:00 PM

I **love** this brush. This brush is very dense and surprisingly soft on the skin. I use the flat top powder brush to apply my liquid foundation. I start by distributing the product with the brush and then I stipple and blend it out. Sometimes I use it for my Ben nye character shadow because it is such a thick cream. It works great for bronzing because the brushes are packed so well, I just squish the brushes sideways when I do.
However, I would not recommend this for powder. I like to use the all over face brush for this. The flat top is just too dense. You're going to either end up with circles of product or it's going to blend off all the makeup you just put on.
After owning it for a year or two and washing it so many times, the bristles do get a little loose when it's wet.
This is a great brush and the price is amazing.

on 8/5/2013 8:48:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I am a self confessed brush junkie! A friend recommended this brush to me as I was looking for an all purpose kind of brush but mostly for applying liquid foundation/tinted moisturisers and was trying to avoid spending £30 or more on a Mac or Bobbi Brown , my usual go to brush brands. I was very sceptical due to the price and never tried anything from E.L.F before ...very impressed! Amazing quality and build , even after washing weekly this brush never sheds and stays super soft. Really great for stippling as well as powder application. Would definately recommend!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

where do i begin with this brush?! i absolutely love it! its soft and never sheds! it blends my makeup beautifully!

on 7/30/2013 12:43:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure

A really good brush, really dense and helps apply product really nice and evenly. However i feel that more product is getting in my brush rather then on my face. Also the brush can tend to break if not well looked after.