April 21, 2014 | 1874 users online

Makeup Brushes - E.L.F. - Studio Powder Brush

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2013 5:02:00 PM More reviews by CammiLinn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love it! It's soft, but really dense. I use it to stipple on my Almay Clear Complexion (liquid) foundation. It makes the foundation look so smooth and pretty on my face, and it's much quicker than using my fingers like I used to do. So worth the $3.00. I highly recommend it. Now I'm excited to try more of ELF's Studio Brushes.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2013 3:33:00 PM More reviews by laurelpalmer

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Ok, I'm not totally sure if it's EXACTLY the same as my MAC 187, but it's 99% there, and for $3, I definitely prefer it!!! Stop buying expensive brushes and buy this! HGHGHGHGHGHGHG!!!!!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2013 3:20:00 PM More reviews by Mosmakeuplover

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is my favorite brush. I use it for tinted moisturizer, foundation, powder, blush, and bronzer! This is the most versatile brush I have ever bought. Will definitely buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2013 9:37:00 PM More reviews by ek917

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this brush! This is one of the first brushes I have purchased and I use it for liquid foundation (loreal true match in n1) and I use the brush to stipple it onto my face. This brush gives me such a flawless, airbrushed look! This brush could be so much more expensive for the quality but even if it doesn't work for you its only $3! Great buy!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2013 12:29:00 PM More reviews by TiaDGB

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Black

BEST. BRUSH. EVER. It simply cannot be beat (and this is coming from someone who usually uses MAC brushes).

First things first: This is one of the most versatile brushes that I own. It's great for buffing powders into the skin, blending liquid foundation (I prefer using this than most conventional foundation brushes), and applying blush and bronzer (especially creams). It's really nice if you tilt it to the side a little and use it to contour the hollows of your cheek bones as well!

The bristles on this brush are Taklon and extremely soft! The brush is very densely packed as well, which makes for excellent blending. I love dabbing my liquid foundation on my face, then using this brush to buff it in. It makes for the most flawless, air-brushed finish ever. I can't even apply liquid foundation with anything else now! I would pay over $30 for a brush of this quality!

I haven't noticed any shedding yet, but I will comment on the fact that if you're not careful when washing, the water will sink down and loosen the glue on this brush, causing it to come apart. This happened to me, but at only $3, I can comfortably afford another. How could you go wrong with something SO cheap and SO high quality?

E.L.F. products are hit or miss really, but they nailed it with this! I'd give it 10/5 if I could.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/3/2013 12:13:00 PM More reviews by BehindtheMayCup

Just 10 minutes ago I placed another order for two new E.L.F Studio Powders Brushes! I am in complete love with these inexpensive brushes. I have had mine for about 1 1/2 to 2 years and it has been through intense wear and tear, stomped on, dropped in the sink water, went through the dryer, and it still works for my everyday liquid foundation. I rated this brush a 4 out of 5 for my overall rating due to the fact after two months (before it was dropped into water or stepped on) the head of the brush where the metal part conects to the bottom detached and it was depressing, but definitely not an issue trusty duct tape couldn't fix :P. This brush when unpackaged is extremely soft, and has synthetic bristles which I find doesn't hoard as much bacteria and non-synthetic bristles. The top of this brush is completely flat so it gives a perfect flawless finish. I wouldn't recommend putting the product directly on the brush and then buffing in the skin, I would dot the product where you want it and then buff it in, otherwise the brush might soak up some product and you'll end up using more than you should. This brush should be cleaned weekly with a mild soap like Johnson's and Johnson's baby soap, or a special shampoo for make up brushes. I have found no problems with this brush losing bristles. Also, this brush can be used for basically any make up application. I use it to paint on my face in all aspects, blush, bronzer, foundation (my foundation is super thick and concentrated and it still blends perfect), and setting powder. For $3 dollars how can you possibly go wrong!?!!?!? I love this product and would recommend it to anyone wanted a decent brush for an outrageously low price. (:
-BehindtheMayCup

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2013 2:36:00 AM More reviews by alextuthreefour

Very versatile and inexpensive! This brush can be used for liquid foundation, cream blush, bronzer, powder, anything! When you clean it, be sure to hold it down to prevent water from loosening the glue! Then again, it is only 3 dollars so it won't set you back too much if you ruin it and have to buy a new one!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2013 3:59:00 PM More reviews by jaydensmama

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I picked up this brush the other day while at Target after reading the reviews here. I must admit that I LOVE IT! It is theee best at applying liquid foundation. I have used it to apply my MUFE HD foundation sample that I received from Sephora. I was not liking the foundation much prior to applying it with this brush. Now I think I may go purchase a full size bottle!

It has not shed any and is super soft. I would like to try the complexion brush, as well. Thanks MUA'ers for recommending this awesome brush!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2013 12:09:00 PM More reviews by TumbleGirl7

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I LOOVE this brush! It is fantastic for applying liquid foundation, does a great job of blending it out to give an airbrushed look. I woudn't personally use this for powder, but it works great for liquid foundation. Easy to clean with a bit of baby shampoo. Drys fast when dryed. Only $3, there is really nothing to lose, I will be repurchasing this!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2013 8:19:00 AM More reviews by narkiz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I first hated this brush because I was trying to use it as a powder brush. Later, I read the reviews here and used it with liquid foundation as a foundation brush. Loved it. It has everything that I'm looking for. I can't think about a single con. Thank you ELF for great brushes with affordable prices.