E.L.F. Studio Powder Brush

Price: $

synthetic, cruelty-free hair

on 8/11/2013 12:06:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I use this with my compact to set my liquid foundation. I'm not the type to keep brushes forever or wash them often. So the price makes it perfect to just throw away and start over.

on 8/11/2013 1:02:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I don't know how anyone could use this for powder.
I have used this brush for liquid foundation and it blends it in nicely but swallows 50% of the product. I haven't had a problem with shedding (probably because I washed it before I used it, which is what you're supposed to do to prolong the life of your brushes). It can also be used for contouring.
You get what you pay for. Don't expect this brush to be top quality.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

For $3, this is probably the best powder brush you're going to find which is exactly why I buy these. It does what it's supposed to do. It applies and blends powders really well but that's where my love for this brush ends. I know a lot of women here use this brush to stipple on liquid foundation or buff on a mineral powder but I wouldn't recommend it. I tried that and my skin itched and was stinging for a couple of hours... like I had use a really old beat up kabuki brush. So, for powder, yes it's definitely worth it since powder brushes can be super expensive and this will work just about as well as a lot of the high end brushes. As a foundation brush, no. It's too harsh on the skin for stippling and buffing in my experience.

on 8/6/2013 5:19:00 PM

I **love** this brush. This brush is very dense and surprisingly soft on the skin. I use the flat top powder brush to apply my liquid foundation. I start by distributing the product with the brush and then I stipple and blend it out. Sometimes I use it for my Ben nye character shadow because it is such a thick cream. It works great for bronzing because the brushes are packed so well, I just squish the brushes sideways when I do.
However, I would not recommend this for powder. I like to use the all over face brush for this. The flat top is just too dense. You're going to either end up with circles of product or it's going to blend off all the makeup you just put on.
After owning it for a year or two and washing it so many times, the bristles do get a little loose when it's wet.
This is a great brush and the price is amazing.

on 8/5/2013 8:48:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I am a self confessed brush junkie! A friend recommended this brush to me as I was looking for an all purpose kind of brush but mostly for applying liquid foundation/tinted moisturisers and was trying to avoid spending £30 or more on a Mac or Bobbi Brown , my usual go to brush brands. I was very sceptical due to the price and never tried anything from E.L.F before ...very impressed! Amazing quality and build , even after washing weekly this brush never sheds and stays super soft. Really great for stippling as well as powder application. Would definately recommend!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

where do i begin with this brush?! i absolutely love it! its soft and never sheds! it blends my makeup beautifully!

on 7/30/2013 12:43:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure

A really good brush, really dense and helps apply product really nice and evenly. However i feel that more product is getting in my brush rather then on my face. Also the brush can tend to break if not well looked after.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Alrighhhhhht... so I don't want to ruin the great review chain that this product has had, but I have to be honest. I was somewhat disappointed with this brush. I find it very soft when I run its bristles across, say, the back of my hand.... but on my face, it is rather scratchy. I find that it is not gentle or soft enough for my face, especially when it comes to stippling. I feel like I am tapping my face with a firm piece of wood when I stipple? I think I would rather have a soft brush, that is not so packed with bristles, for stippling. In my opinion, this brush is best at what it is marketed for: powdering. It does deposit a lot of powder, but one can easily shake excess powder off and powder around lightly. Overall, I would not purchase this brush again, because I would prefer something softer... but it is decent.

on 7/25/2013 1:44:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Grey, Wavy, Medium

Of all the ELF brushes, this is a definite must have for me. I don't really know why they call this a powder brush, it's so dense and looks/feels like a flat top kabuki brush. I use it daily with my liquid foundation (neutrogena healthy skin or covergirl whipped colorstay foundation) - it blends the foundation beautifully and because of it, I feel that I'm actually not using as much foundation. I had this brush for over 1 year and no problems with shredding and it's still as soft as when I first got it. Highly recommend this brush :)

on 7/20/2013 5:53:00 PM

Eeeh, awesome brush! This brush applies foundation so natural, even, and beautiful. It's a pleasure putting it on and I find myself sometimes just putting foundation on because it feels so nice lol. Powder is also really great with this brush, it looks natural on the skin, not cakey at all. I didn't get shedding, and this brush doesn't soak up foundation. As long as you don't get it on the outher side of the brush (that's not hard). The best way to use it is to dot foundation on your face, than buff it in. I don't like getting a huge dot of foundation and then dipping the brush in it, that doesn't work for me. Have been using it for months now.

The only downside is that it sometimes prickles a tiny bit.

This is just a must-have for foundation and powder. You really don't need another brush.

Edit: It's been about a year that I've had this. It's still nice quality and doesn't shred. My handle did come off when I've washed it a few times, but glue fixed it and 6 months after that happened, it's still attached and works like it's new. (i use it about everyday)