April 19, 2014 | 1751 users online

Polishes - Essie - Mademoiselle

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2008 11:05:00 AM More reviews by behappy08

This nail polish is great, the color is beautiful and simple. I can wear it for a full week. I like the shine and natural color. I prefer to wear neutral colors on my nails so this is great for me. I usually apply 2-3 coats. very nice color for natural polished nails. A must have for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2008 2:47:00 AM More reviews by Jonayla

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

It`s simply the best natural looks nailpolish. Stays for a week. And look so natural. Love it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2008 9:14:00 PM More reviews by amarock

I can't believe I haven't reviewed this yet. I first received this as a mini as part of a set and I've since gone on to purchase the full size. It's a great sophisticated non-shimmery nude colour on me (for reference, I'm MAC NC30) that's neither too cool or too warm. The application is great - the typical runny sheer Essie consistency that's nearly impossible to mess up. I use 2 coats to get bottle colour. It wears a full work week with Orly Bonder basecoat, and Poshe topcoat. I wear this colour at least once a month, so it's a staple for me.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/30/2008 3:44:00 AM More reviews by kschmiddy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Mademoiselle is a very cool toned pink sheer, almost a purpley pink. It clashes with my pale, warm skin. It's very similar to Essie Sugar Daddy but a tiny bit cooler, it's hard to tell them apart on the nail. I prefer Sugar Daddy.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2008 9:55:00 PM More reviews by lwinn1

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

great classic, universally flattering, subtle, spring color.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/16/2008 6:59:00 AM More reviews by kattymat

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Mademoiselle is a classy, pale pink that people rave about when I wear it. It does suit my skin tone but I think it could make some people look un-dead. I found it easy to apply, no streaks, no brush strokes which is always good for a pale polish.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2008 2:26:00 AM More reviews by impishnature

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I'm a fairly pale skinned brunette who leans cool-toned. This color gives me something VERY close to the dreaded corpse fingers...a dead sheer pink that doesn't have a SHRED of lavender in it but somehow does the same thing and sheer lavenders do..dead, cloudy corpse-eye tip.

Two coats looks very unnatural...shiny and milky, which I dig, but somehow wrong on my cool toned skin. For the record, I'm a huge fan of dark colors and I'm more forgiving with them...for pale sheers, sheesh, I'm demanding. OPI's bubble bath was too peachy & warm; OPI's Sweet Memories was too lavender; Mademoiselle is too fakey pink (all three of these are major sheers...told ya, I'm picky). Perfection for my skin tone is OPI's Sweet Heart (milky pink but not as "dead" as Mademoiselle). continued >>

rated 3 of 5 on 4/14/2008 8:55:00 PM More reviews by Pakegal

This polish is nothing special. I don't get all the hype. If you're looking for a nail polish that makes your nails look shiny and groomed, sure, Essie's Mademoiselle does the trick but personally, I rather use a more nude color than waste my time with Mademoiselle. One coat makes my nails look shiny with the tiniest hint of pink. In fact, it actually looks like I have clear nail polish on. Two coats gives my nails a pinkish-white color. Anymore than two coats washes me out and looks horrible. FYI, I have light to medium-colored skin.

Oh, lastly, the feel of the polish is really smooth once it's dry. I compared it to my Chanel polishes that feel sticky after they dry, and hands down, Essie is better.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2008 8:01:00 PM More reviews by Kittensworth

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this polish! It's very light pink without being too white or too bubblegum. It goes on nicely and lasts for days. I'm planning on wearing it on my wedding day.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2008 11:46:00 AM More reviews by mylychee

A very good color. The polish lasts. Essie has a wide selection of nail polishes and fair prices. Most nail salons carry them also. A very good hue.