December 19, 2014 | 1671 users online

Powder - Lancome - Dual Finish Versatile Powder Makeup

rated 3 of 5 on 11/11/2008 3:51:00 PM More reviews by FlyGirlLo

I would buy this compact again if my complexion gets to be near perfect. Then I would only need moisture, concealer, and this as a powder/foundation. To use this over foundation is overkill. It's alot like Chanel Double Perfection.

*Not for oily skin

rated 5 of 5 on 10/30/2008 11:16:00 AM More reviews by kbohaty

This is my all-time favorite powder. Most of the time I just use this without any foundation. Just my concealer and this powder is enough to provide great coverage, especially if you use the sponge. The finish is a wonderful matte. The color selection is great, I found a perfect color match for my skin and it is so light you can't feel it on your face. The slight fragrance is great - I will keep using this product for years to come.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2008 5:33:00 PM More reviews by potatolove

love it
makes my skin feel so smooth
=)
not heavy at all
enough said <3

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2008 3:24:00 PM More reviews by essija

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I LOVE this product! I have been using it on and off for years. It is my favorite powder of all. The shades are great for those with lighter skin tone b/c I have used a few shades and can't tell which is better. I use a very light foundation then apply this with powder brush it came with. I love it. I don't use it for foundation, I never quite understood how. I tried dampening the sponge but thought I was ruining my compact. didn't work for me.. I will continue to buy this forever...

rated 2 of 5 on 9/30/2008 6:02:00 PM More reviews by VoxClamantis

I have the fragrance free version. I was deciding between this, the MUFE, Shiseido and Dior powder foundations and bought the Lancome because it has about double the product (.62-.69 oz) for roughly the same price as the other brands (around .35 oz). Unfortunately, it just doesn't work for me. I've used both a brush and a sponge, and I just don't like the coverage or finish. This is going back to Bloomies...

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2008 5:58:00 PM More reviews by IrresistibleCutie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I love this!! It makes everything so simple. It really covers my face well and i don't break out.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2008 4:26:00 PM More reviews by staci01

I've been on a hunt for almost two years now looking for a foundation that does not oxidize on my skin. Was a loyal MAC StudioFix user for 11 years till one day I noticed that my jawline did not match my neck which was then when I learned about oxidizing. (That and the fact that in the early 90's MAC's StudioFix did not break me out and the foundation in the past years gave me horrible acne that took weeks to clear up. I think that was due to the fact that EL got their paws on MAC.) After using different lines from both the dept, store and drug store I went back to Lancome since they had really pale shades. The Matte Voile 1 shade is PERFECT(!) for my skin! Pale enough to match my skin tone but not too pale that I look like I'm dead. If I need a color boost I add bronzer or a shade from the Matte Porcelaine line. AND even better the Matte Voile 1 does NOT oxidize/turn orange! Not too happy about the price of this compact but it could be worse. Yay for makeup that doesn't oxidize! Giving this a 4 since I've not tried everything out there yet. ; )

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/29/2008 2:03:00 AM More reviews by RavenBeauty

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I received this today in Matte Voile 1 which is the absolute palest shade that Lancome makes (even paler than the lightest shade from their fragrance free collection, which is why I chose this because I am extremely fair). I got a little nervous when I opened the package and detected an obnoxiously strong scent wafting up before I had even opened the compact! I pulled out the puff and couldn't believe that a company would be so foolish as to believe that anyone would want this obnoxious scent all over their face! This is not the 17th century where people didn't bathe and doused themselves with perfume because they stunk all over (the French were known for this during that time period so they perfumed everything and apparently still feel the need to do so). We do not need our faces heavily perfumed so why do they do it? Not only that, but it interferes with our own perfume because it barely makes it through the force field that is closest to our nose which would now be riddled with this nauseating smell. How incredibly unnecessary and utterly disappointing.

That said, the color match is perfect which is a rarity for someone as fair as me, however the coverage is nothing like I expected. I get the feeling that this might make a perfect setting powder for oilier skins when dusted over a nice matte foundation. This is not a full coverage powder. If you want a really nice full coverage powder foundation, look no further than Napoleon Perdis's Camera Finish which is what a lot of celebrities use for photo shoots. This reminds me a lot of Bobbi Brown's Sheer Pressed Powder because that's the coverage it offers. It evens out your skin tone like a nice tinted moisturizer, but you'll need to have pretty decent skin to get by with just this. I can't speak to it's oil controlling properties because I couldn't keep it on my skin longer than a half hour. I began to get a terrible headache and had to wash it off.

I spoke to a Lancome rep and she admitted that the lightest shade in their fragrance free version is darker than Matte Voile 1 and may seem a tad too dark for someone as light as me. I may try to get it on swap (Matte Porcelain Delicate-fragrance free), but this color would have been ideal (Matte Voile 1) had it not been for the intensely strong perfume. This is going back to Lancome (oddly enough I think good old Cover Girl Clean Pressed powder does a better job and actually offers more coverage and they offer all their shades in a fragrance free version).

Edit: Please see reviews on Dream Matte powder by Maybelline (yes Maybelline). One rave review after another (including mine). Once you have discovered that powder, you will never even bother with this or any other expensive stuff again. Dream Matte is silky, finely milled and covers a multitude of sins like a soft silk blanket (It's only a setting powder, yet it acts like a powder foundation and offers much more coverage at a fraction of the price). Controls oil so much better than this and goes on like silk (no caking and no fragrance whatsoever)! Hard to believe that this stuff is made by Maybelline, but check it out! This will seem like a joke by comparison. Dream Matte is my new HG powder and does everything I've ever wanted from a powder and so much more!

9 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 8/22/2008 9:55:00 AM More reviews by igrancea

I used this product as my stand-alone foundation for an entire summer, and although I loved the convenience of a powder foundation, the staying power of it was not that good.
The colour selection for this foundation is great, so I found one that matched my skin perfectly. You can build up the coverage to hide just about any imperfections, especially if you dampen the sponge and apply it wet, and yet still look and feel natural. Problem is, all this coverage fades away in less than 3 hours and then you're back to square one.
And since the compact was designed to carry only the small powder puff (which was useless), and not the larger, thicker sponge, the compact kept popping open in my purse.
Now I just use what's left as a finishing powder or for quick touch-ups, but wouldn't repurchase for that purpose alone.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2008 12:27:00 AM More reviews by vixen711

I abolsutely love this product. Due to the price its not cheap and I've tried to use cheaper products to replace it but I just cant! The color perfectly matches my skin, doesnt give me break outs and its great it if I want to switch from light to heavy coverage without looking obvious. It is definitely worth every penny and I will never go back to buying cheaper foundations. This product and the powder foundation - photogenic is great as well!