April 18, 2014 | 1977 users online

Powder - Lancome - Dual Finish Versatile Powder Makeup

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2008 2:55:00 AM More reviews by weeks919

This is seriously the one makeup product I cannot live without if they ever discontinued it I would be very sad. I have used this since high school, and I go through one about every three months (I use a brush and that's why it goes so fast, but it last longer if you use the sponge) so it can get pretty pricey. I sponge on a thin layer of liquid foundation and then brush this on with a powder brush. I understand that this is also a foundation and that maybe for some people it feels ''heavy'' on their skin, but I sponge a small amount of liquid foundation on just to ensure that my skin tone is even and the end result is flawless. It goes on so evenly, and it never fails to work for me. Also, to anyone who has ivory skin that is hard to match, this is a product I would highly recommend. This has never ever made me look orange. I think everyone should try this but especially fair people who have a very hard time finding a product that doesn't make them look like an oopma loopa.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2008 6:08:00 PM More reviews by Jessydphs04

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Iam so in love with this product. All you need is to wear moisturizer and either sponge on or brush on the powder for an all day flawless look.Price isnt that bad if you consider the size of the product at 19 grams versus 12 grams of my old clinique powder(perfectly real compact). This one also has last me eight months so far and I stil have enough product for another month or so. I will keep buying this product my coworkers are also inlove with it and stock up incase we run out....or leave one at home and carry one with us at all time. Dont know what i would do without this amazing product. btw I have combination skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/30/2008 3:34:00 PM More reviews by duraira

This is the only makeup I use for coverage on my face. I don't wear foundation but this seems to do the job. First, i add moisturizer, followed by DHC velvet skin coat primer and then I use the dry sponge to powder my face. It gives a light to medium coverage. However, I am disappointed that it does not come with SPF.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/19/2008 1:33:00 AM More reviews by mustbeyv

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

when i went to macys to buy this, it seems pretty good when the lady put it on me. but when i went home and put it on with the sponge (2 included), it looked soooo powdery and so noticeable.also the omg old lady smell, it didnt smell when the lady put it on!!?? but i applied with a make up brush the next day,lightly,and patted my face because of the powdery look and it didnt last. i applied it around 1pm and probably 1 hour later it was oily and powdery in areas and you could see it was a little cakey. the lady at the counter said it would last all day, but NO not for me

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/16/2008 6:14:00 PM More reviews by sally2002

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I had to get this in the fragranced version because they didn't have my color in fragrance free, so the first thing is that I really don't like the old lady scent. And it lasts too, unfortunately. Also, this didn't stay on very well (I had to constantly reapply during the day) and I think it really made my break-outs worse. So, back to the store it goes, even though it is the perfect color match.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2008 8:48:00 AM More reviews by espressoqn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite! I've used this product off and on for years. I use it dry on bare skin, and it provides good coverage. I've tried to wet the sponge and apply it that way, but it seems "streaky" to me. I've read some of the other reviews that say it is too "heavy" when applied over foundation...that's because this IS foundation! It's not meant to be worn over anything else. There is a frangrance to it however, so it might not be best for sensitive skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/28/2008 3:31:00 PM More reviews by marielle78

I love this product. It covers the dark marks and redness that I need to hide while still looking like my skin. It works well over a light moisturizer or a foundation, and it looks great applied with a brush (MAC 109 or 182 for full coverage, 187 for light coverage) or a damp sponge. The best thing is that it keeps my skin looking matte for hours. I have very oily acne prone skin and I was a little worried because one of the first ingredients listed was mineral oil, but I've been using this for a couple of weeks and it hasn't given me a single pimple. I just wish that it was less expensive and refillable.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/27/2008 1:31:00 PM More reviews by zowye2002

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this powder it gives a reat coverage( covers natural rosey cheeks and uneven tone!) and I can hardly feel it when am usually one of those people who wears something in their face and start sweating.

My only cons are:
The price and no refils. This package is very strong and it sadness me that for the price ( I paid $29.50 a splurge for a grad student pocket and I will never do it again unless am working) I can not even reuse the package that contains the powder. Is very good and sturdly, yet light . Is sad that Lancome does not offer powder refills to a great compact one of the strongest that I've seen.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/15/2008 2:05:00 PM More reviews by Boots87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

So cakey! I needed a powder to set my foundation, but this was almost like putting foundation on top of foundation, it was so very heavy...if you like a lot of makeup and coverage, this will do the trick...but if I already have foundation on, I don't want more makeup, I just want something to set it..i now use MAC mineralize powder which is absolutely wonderful, it's very light and luminous & sets my foundation perfectly

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2008 3:46:00 PM More reviews by jakeandbear12

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

How did I ever live without this? Ok, for years I have been looking for my HG foundation and this baby has been sitting right under my nose all this time! I recently found my HG winter foundation and now this! I actually worked for Lancome 15 years or so ago and my manager swore by this but she had acne and the other things she was using on her face made this stuff look cakey and her skin dry. Well, I just recently decided I wanted to use a powder foundation in the summer months and decided to give it a try with my new skincare regime and WOW! I love this stuff! There is an unscented one also but I actually like the fragrance and am not sensitive to it. I put my Lancome Primordiale Serum on and let that dry, then put the Dual Finish on and my skin looked flawless all day! Take the time to find your color match and most should love this! Just make sure you have the right skincare program going. For me, I am using Paula's Choice One step cleanser(a.m.), Primordiale Serum(a.m.), at night PC cleanser again then PC Skin Recovery Antioxidant and once or twice a week Lancome's gentle exfoliator(one in pink tube) and Empriente mask after that.(I also use their Progres and R.A.R.E. eye creams) I have been using such harsh things on my face and I am figuring out that isn't in my skins best interest. I am 42, wrinkled, sun damaged, have pores that clog easily and the Dual finish works great with my regime! Love it! For reference, I am tan and use Honey III. $35.50 at Nordstrom, Macy's, NM etc..