December 19, 2014 | 1177 users online

Lip Treatments - The Body Shop - Born Lippy Lip Balm

rated 3 of 5 on 9/20/2005 9:40:00 AM More reviews by annamiek

These are great if you use them in between other products. I think they smell great and look nice on, but they give a yucky taste in your mouth. They work well if you use them in moderation, alone they actually have a drying effect on me. I have used Raspberry, Strawberry, Watermelon, Cranberry, Peach and Mango and Passionberry. My favourite was probably Watermelon because it was creamy, smelt nice and worked a little better than the other flavours!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/8/2005 4:18:00 AM More reviews by do1ng

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Didn't like these at all. Made my lips feel very dry. Lovely smells,though.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/5/2005 1:54:00 AM More reviews by Radiant_chic02

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I think that this lip balm smells wonderful, but as far as moisturizing goes, it doesn't do that great of a job.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2005 1:48:00 AM More reviews by SwedishGirl26

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This does absolutley nothing for my lips.They do actually get dryer/irritated after putting this on! And my lips arenīt dry at all before applying this! But when doing so it get ahhhhh...BAD! Must be because it contains lanolin :-/ !! And how icky with a lip balm in a pot such as this. Imagine all the bacteria growth in this, as you stick your fingers in it, without washing hands before *Yuack* !!! That`s really discusting!!! But I`m really nice now, giving this 1 lippy for the lovely scent & taste of "Mango Peach"!

UPDATE 26/1/09 : Now I've bought the whole range of the *newer* Born Lippy Lip Balms. **Wohooo : They have changed the formula**. And it is now YUM YUM devine. The scents are all lovely exept "Mango Peach" & "Satsuma" which i dislike a lot. but hte others LOVEEE! so THANK U Body Shop for changing the formula. Frpn 1 lippie to 5! WOW !!!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/31/2005 10:22:00 PM More reviews by mad_mia363

They are OK, but they arent very moisturizing and can dry out your lips. Smells nice, but I wish that they didnt change the pots they came in :( they were much nicer with the real fruit pictures on them!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/29/2005 9:26:00 PM More reviews by Doomedtat77

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love these lip balms.I have Raspberry,Strawberry and Mango/Peach.They smell beautiful,taste sweet and aren't sticky.My fave is the Strawberry.It would be good if they were in a squeeze tube instead of a pot-it's annoying getting it on my fingers every time I apply it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2005 12:38:00 AM More reviews by Monsizzia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Fantastic !! Using this creamy Born Lippy Lip Balm, you'll never feel chapped again!! It moisturize your lips with great fruit smell.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/18/2005 9:02:00 PM More reviews by alexandrovna

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product has turned me off the Body Shop forever. Somewhere between the overly strong scent and the alergic reaction it hit me that I would never use one of these lip balms again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2005 4:44:00 PM More reviews by LibertyRose

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I've been buying The Body Shop's 'born lippy' in various flavors since they first came out. My favorite is strawberry (tinted, no shimmer) and satsuma (tinted, shimmery). Though their colors fade very quickly, the smell is fantastic and makes them fun to use. Admittedly, they are not the most moisturizing lip balms and reapplication is a must, but the quality is surprisingly better than some expensive brands (i.e. Murad). I'd always stock up on these when TBS has a sale.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/2/2005 8:49:00 PM More reviews by TheWhiteRabbit

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really love these lip glosses. I have several shades. They're super shiny and they really condition your lips. My only real complaint is that, with all pot lip glosses, it's not very sanitary. Unfortunatley, one of the lip glosses, I think it was pomegranate or passion fruit, offended my best friends. I believe her exact words were, "Oh my god, it smells like dirt!" But she's nuts so buy one today!