April 24, 2014 | 950 users online

Lip Treatments - The Body Shop - Born Lippy Lip Balm

rated 4 of 5 on 8/29/2005 9:26:00 PM More reviews by Doomedtat77

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love these lip balms.I have Raspberry,Strawberry and Mango/Peach.They smell beautiful,taste sweet and aren't sticky.My fave is the Strawberry.It would be good if they were in a squeeze tube instead of a pot-it's annoying getting it on my fingers every time I apply it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2005 12:38:00 AM More reviews by Monsizzia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Fantastic !! Using this creamy Born Lippy Lip Balm, you'll never feel chapped again!! It moisturize your lips with great fruit smell.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/18/2005 9:02:00 PM More reviews by alexandrovna

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product has turned me off the Body Shop forever. Somewhere between the overly strong scent and the alergic reaction it hit me that I would never use one of these lip balms again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2005 4:44:00 PM More reviews by LibertyRose

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I've been buying The Body Shop's 'born lippy' in various flavors since they first came out. My favorite is strawberry (tinted, no shimmer) and satsuma (tinted, shimmery). Though their colors fade very quickly, the smell is fantastic and makes them fun to use. Admittedly, they are not the most moisturizing lip balms and reapplication is a must, but the quality is surprisingly better than some expensive brands (i.e. Murad). I'd always stock up on these when TBS has a sale.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/2/2005 8:49:00 PM More reviews by TheWhiteRabbit

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really love these lip glosses. I have several shades. They're super shiny and they really condition your lips. My only real complaint is that, with all pot lip glosses, it's not very sanitary. Unfortunatley, one of the lip glosses, I think it was pomegranate or passion fruit, offended my best friends. I believe her exact words were, "Oh my god, it smells like dirt!" But she's nuts so buy one today!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/25/2005 1:53:00 PM More reviews by chickiness

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

oh bring it on, born lippy is frickin' amazing. the best lip balms! once you try it you will not be disappointed! great scent, great color great shine, and it's SO moisturizing! edit: i think they have changed their formula or somethin gb/c the last lip balm i bought really dried out my lips. will not repurchase again.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/25/2005 1:52:00 PM More reviews by chickiness

rated 4 of 5 on 7/17/2005 2:07:00 AM More reviews by 0amelie_poulain0

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

For the past 3 years, I bought 4 of these balms. One in Watermelon as a gift for my friend (she liked it) and 3 for myself. It took me more than a year to use up my first one (in Mandarin, my fav. flavor). The colour of the strawberry one, which I am currently using, is most flattering to me. Unfortunately the raspberry one, which I bought about a year ago, was not my colour, a bit too blueish. They all have fantastic flavors and are as not sticky as many lip glosses (yes, they are actually lip glosses. If you use them to moisturize your lips, you will be disappointed). And they are cheap! You get a lot for the price. If I hadn't used the mandarin one everyday, every night and everywhere, I wouldn't have finished it in a year. The drawbacks are the poor lasting power and the packaging! I really hate dipping my fingure into the jar to apply. Germs on your fingure will easily stay in the rest of the balm. Even if you use a lip brush, there will be the same problem (lip brushes aren't that clean). I wish the Body Shop will change the packaging. A squeeze tube, for example, is more hygienic.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2005 11:45:00 AM More reviews by AngelZoe

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The very best texture for a gloss! It is sleek and not the least bit gloppy and goopy. I love raspberry. A blue-pink tint, nice taste. I am hooked!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2005 6:44:00 PM More reviews by chikababy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I hated the feel of this balm on my lips. The smell I loved and the colour and tiny shine and shimmer... but the feeling of it... x__x ugh.

It didn't even heal my lip and it was so expensive. I wouldn't buy it again