April 20, 2014 | 988 users online

Bronzers - BeneFit Cosmetics - HOOLA

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/5/2012 12:12:00 PM More reviews by ricerice

Great for contouring. No shimmer, not a 'bronze' colour, just a good shade to add depth to my face. The colour is perfect for my light-medium, yellow undertoned skin. Looks very natural. The only thing i dont like about this is the packaging. Cardboard box, bulky. Not my thing at all. But I would definitely repurchase if I ran out.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/4/2012 6:16:00 AM More reviews by luineumaiel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Such a fantastic bronzer! Looks really good on asian and south-asian skin. My only problem is the brush that comes with this bronzer. For more precise contouring, that brush really doesn't work for me. Benefit, if you're reading this, just change the brush (or drop the brush altogether AND the price of the product) and your Hoola will be selling like hotcakes the next minute!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/24/2012 10:21:00 PM More reviews by maldiveslover

I have been using this for over almost two years now and have yet to hit pan. I used smashbox suntan matte before which is kind of similar to this. I like to use this because it looks natural on me and is great for contouring. My only complaint is the packaging.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2012 1:32:00 AM More reviews by shelbyclarke

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love this bronzer!

Pros
-Perfect color for me, not too orange-y!
-Soft
-Lasts a very long time (I've had it for a year using almost every day and it doesn't even look like I've used it!)
-Matte (which I like, because I can contour with it)
-Durable & cute packaging

Cons
-Having to take off the lid every time is a little annoying, I wish it were a flip top

I would recommend this to anyone looking for their perfect bronzer.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/15/2012 3:22:00 AM More reviews by sbrudenell

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

LOve it !!!!
soo much beter than Nars laguna. I'm not a fan of the cutey bulky packaging though, i would prefer something more sleek. The actual product is great on my fair skin though, not orange at all . Love that its matte and blends really well.
Really good for contouring and for matching your face to fake tanned body.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2012 4:29:00 PM More reviews by canadian

For reference: neutral-warm skin tone, NW/NC 25 range, dark brown hair, green eyes with gold flecks, combination (dry cheeks, slightly oily tzone), sensitive skin.

I was searching for a matte bronzer that won't make me look orange, red or pink. A nice natural brown. I was using Nars Laguna, the color is perfect. However I decided I wanted to try a matte bronzer. The cosmetician at Shoppers Drug Mart suggested Hoola. She applied the bronzer in a 3 shape (forehead, cheeks, jaw line). It added a nice, natural, warm look to my skin. I bought it and have used it for about a week now. My face didn't turn orange. I think if you over apply, there is a possiblity of it being too dark or muddy. The only con is the price. It costs around $36-38,00 Canadian before taxes. However it's worth it to me.

Edit: Although this bronzer has decent pigment, I found it had a slight pinkish cast on my skin. I've decided to try another bronzer which is more on the brown side without the pink. It could be my skin, I don't know. Taking one lippy off.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/6/2012 11:05:00 PM More reviews by SignMeUp

Maybe my Hoola Bronzer is a fake? There is next to no difference if I use it or not. And I`m pale/medium pale at the moment (fall/winter). I think this "bronzer" is overhyped.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2012 10:47:00 PM More reviews by akneil

Update: Amazing dupe for this is the NYC Sunny bronzer. It's almost identical.

This is a great matte bronzer. Great for contouring and colour without looking orange. But be careful with how much you put on - you can make your face look dirty! It is very pigmented and if you are unsure, you should start with a small amount and build the colour up.
The benefit of this bronzer is that it isn't orange or shimmery at all, and if you use it properly it will make you look nice and sunkissed.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2012 6:08:00 AM More reviews by jaylyn85

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have been trying hopelessly to find a bronzer that I could use as a matte contour and finally after many expensive purchases I have found it. I have very pale skin with cool undertones and the majority of bronzers turn my skin into a orange muddy mess. The grey cast of lauguna bronzer is perfect for pale gals with cool undertones. Blends beautifully with no muddy streaks. Only problem I have is the price, it's very pricey, also the packaging is not at all practical.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/11/2012 10:30:00 PM More reviews by SparkleBunny37

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Benefit's Hoola Bronzing Powder is one of their cult favorite Box-o-Powders. This bronzer is extremely popular among fair ladies like my self. Benefit says that you should "dust this soft bronze powder over your complexion for a healthy natural looking tan year round, it's pure color, no sparkle or shine!" Hurray for matte bronzers, they're a rare breed. I got a little 3g (.1oz) mini Hoola Bronzer in the Ulta exclusive "Sexy Six" value kit, which retailed for $24. The full size of the Hoola Box-o-Powder sells for $28 for 8g (.28oz). That gives my little sample a value of $10 (I paid $4 for it, technically). This bronzer was made in America. Benefit does not test their products on animals; their testing policy can be found in their FAQ. Benefit products can be bought on the brand's website, department stores with Benefit counters, Sephora, and Ulta (and their websites)
Packaging for the sample size of Hoola is kinda crappy. It's black plastic and flips open. The full size of Hoola looks much nicer, a purple cardboard box with a removable lid and bamboo detailing on the sides. the name of the product and Benefit logo are written in aqua lettering along with two piece of bamboo and a small white flower. The full size of Hoola, and all Box-o-Powders comes with a small natural hair brush. I'm not sure what info can be found on the full size, but a full ingredient list and a little bit of company info can be found on the back of this bronzer sample.
The Benefit Box-o-Powders are renowned for their excellent texture. Hoola is soft, but it doesn't kick up any residual powder. This bronzing powder is very finely milled, it almost feels velvety, very luxurious. Its pressed well and feels sturdy in the pan. Hoola has good pigmentation for a bronzer, its not sheer, but it's not too pigmented; even if Hoola doesn't give you quite enough color at first, this bronzer is buildable.
Hoola is a slightly yellowed bronzer with a grey undertone. You know what grey toned bronzers are fantastic for? Contouring. What makes a grey toned bronzer ideal for contouring, opposed to peachier or redder options? Think about it, contouring, when done well, is supposed to give a shadowed look to the face, and shadows tend to have a grey cast to them. Hoola, even though it's grey tinged, is still great for warming up the face. This is a very natural looking tan shade that's definitely best suited to pale to lightly tanned chicks, it won't show up on people with medium to darker skin tones. The best part of Benefit's bronzing powder is that it's 100% matte, there isn't a speck of shimmer to be found. This is really the ideal bronzer for those who are often too lightly complected for most of the orangey-brown bronzers out there. I've become addicted to this bronzer for contouring. I've never found one that looks this natural and is this high quality. Just this little sample size less than 1/3 of the full size will last me quite a while. I barely need to touch my brush to the powder to pick up a decent amount of product. Speaking of brushes, I always use Avon's Glow Bronzing Brush to apply this product, unless I contour my nose, in that case I use ELF's Studio Fan Brush.
I'm really loving Benefit's Hoola Bronzing Powder, it suits my skin tone really well, better than any other one I have. The grey undertone of Hoola makes it excellent for a natural looking contour. The texture of this bronzing powder is great and it possesses perfect pigmentation. Full size packaging is cute and includes a brush that I hear is decent, but not great, quality. I probably wouldn't purchase a full size of Hoola, but if you choose to, it's a good value, the Benefit Box-o-Powders contain a ton of product. If you got money to burn, love the contoured look, and have fair skin, Benefit's bronzing powder in Hoola is an amazing option. When I finish this bronzer I'll be on a quest to find a cheaper dupe, mainly because I think bronzer and other powder products are a silly thing to spend a lot of money on.

10 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No